Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark
Location: Western Slope, Colorado

Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by doitnstyle1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Joerg you mad genius you have done it again!

https://youtu.be/P2WhUu15B5E
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

Image

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm

OK that is just pure awesome that someone finally built one of these for commercial sale! :clap:

Considering the price of the r9 isn't that high, the price pont for one of these likely isn't going to be too bad either.

Now I have been out of touch being busy on my homestead, so hadn't even heard of the r9 till now. But glad I hadn't becauce I might have bought one and you can't upgrade one. So good timing to hear of these. I can hold out for this new model.

Critters beware, I will have a "rapid fire" crossbow soon. :clownshoes:
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13567
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Stercutus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:54 am

I'd like one of those but if it is North of $2K I probably skip. He has some nice stuff at his store though.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by ineffableone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 am

The r9 which this is built off of is priced at $250 on Amazon. I don't think you will have to worry about a $2K price. I am guessing more $300 range
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Zed Hunter
* *
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Just bought a Cheap Shot version of this crossbow on flea bay for $191.90. 130 lb pull. I'm going to buy the 110 lb and 90 lb limbs in the future.

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by ineffableone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 pm

So FYI there is an updated video. Which includes price. 350 Euros. And release scheduled for July.

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13567
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Stercutus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by moab » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3163
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by woodsghost » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 am

moab wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.
I want to hear the stories of the deer you take! That sounds great!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Zed Hunter
* *
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:08 am

I bought the Cold Steel Cheap Shot version on fleay bay for just over $200.00. Even though the dot sight is all plastic it hits consistent POI. very easy to cock and load. Disassembled it is very packable.

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by moab » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 am

woodsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 am
moab wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.
I want to hear the stories of the deer you take! That sounds great!
My father was Native American - Yakama Nation. Part Chinook, Wishram and Cascade. He used to hunt deer with a bow or a .22lr. Way better hunter than I'll ever be. But he taught me a lot. Died last year from ALS. The VA took good care of him. He was a Vietnam Vet. Most of my hunting has been with firearms. But I killed a deer with a bow once. Up in Colville WA. We lived on the east side for quite a while. But I was born and grew up in Darrington WA. Up in the westside Cascades. Mount baker ranger district. Hunting was better before I came along. It was hard to get a deer when ever my father and grandfather would take me hunting. I have not been back to hunt there for many years.

I'd like to look into deer populations in that district. But have no idea where to start. Anybody got any ideas? Fish & Game maybe?

I used to hunt with a recurve or long bow. I grew up from the age of maybe 4 or 5 shooting bow and firearms. But bows you could shoot forever. The ammo never ran out. Between that and bb guns. I shot a lot as a child. I was allowed to use those anytime I wanted. And other firearms if I was hunting. But the bow and bb guns around the house all summer long. I used to spread syrup on the front step and shoot the flies off it with my bb gun. My father would buy me a .25 cent roll of 1000 bb's several times a week from the country store by his house. So by time I joined the USMC I was already a good shot with just about any firearm you put in front of me. I was recruited for a Sniper platoon. And always shot Expert.

But since living in LA I haven't shot a bow once. I do when I go home to the PNW. And we plan to move there as soon as my very sick father in law dies. Should be sometime in the next year. I'm gonna settle in Granite Falls or Silverton. With easy access to the Mt. Baker RAnger District. My grandfather and my father and I spent a lot of time in those mountains. (My grandfather and father put a lot of the trails in by contract with the Forest Service. My grandfather did a 40 year study of Mountain Goats in that area.) And since a lot of the logging roads have washed out in floods. Maybe 10 years ago. So I'm hoping the deer population has grown some. Not as easy access as there once was. And a lot of poor hunters in the area. So it was over hunted for some time.

Back in the day when I was like maybe 5. Deer used to eat off our plum tree in the back yard in Darrington. I remember watching my father shave one morning. He stopped suddenly. Pulled his .22 from behind the back door - off the bathroom. And shot a 2 point in our backyard. Left for work. And told my mother to take care of it. lol. My Mother called my grandfather and he came over and took care of it. But that's how plentiful deer were when I was a kid. But by time I became hunting age. You had to hike long distances high up into the mountains to get a deer. It was not sit in a blind on the edge of my corn field type stuff. You actually had to hunt for them in the woods. Spotting and stalking. In the deep brush. But we always got deer. Always had to pack them out from fairly deep forest though. I remember more than one pack filled with so much deer meat I could pick it up and fall down. My father and grandfather laughing at me. lol. My father had this old USGI pack board. That I swear could hold 200lbs of meat. Even with a 100lbs in it when I was 14 it would make me fall over. lol. It wasn't until I got into the MArine Corps that I really learned how to carry a heavy pack for long distances. But I'm sure deer hunting had helped me a lot more than some of those other guys in the Corps that had never even been outdoors.

But that crossbow I picked up is pretty boss. The Barnett Recruit was just replaced with a green version called the Barnett Recruit Recon or something. I don't know how much better the specs are. But the new version is of course near $300. So you can get the older Recruit for about half price if you can find one. I have not looked. I think it normally runs $300 and I got mine for $150 or maybe less. Specs are:

Product Features

Barnett custom composite limbs
High energy cams
Anti-Dry Fire trigger
CNC machined aluminum flight track
Custom composite laminated limbs
Crosswire string and cable system
Finger Guard Pass Through foregrip
Product Specifications

Speed: 300 fps with 400 grain arrow
Kinetic Energy: 80 ft-lbs.
Draw Weight: 130 lbs.
Power Stroke: 12 in.
Overall Length: 34.25 in.
Axle to Axle Width: 16in.
Weight: 6.5 lbs. without accessories
Sight: Red Dot Scope

I really like the 130lbs draw and the 16" wing span. Good for moving thru the forest and packing it. But with enough foot pounds to get the job done.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JoergS
* * * * *
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by JoergS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog: http://www.slingshotchannel.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My forum: http://www.theslingshotforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm

JoergS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.
Great job! Looks mean! I’ve watch you shoot a few different demos on your channel. Any new links?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by moab » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:03 am

Halfapint wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm
JoergS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.
Great job! Looks mean! I’ve watch you shoot a few different demos on your channel. Any new links?
What's his YT channel name?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13567
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am

You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Zed Hunter
* *
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:03 am

I've watched your YT posts and love them. I have the 130 & 110 lbs limbs and am looking for a 90 lbs limb. For small game.

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by moab » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 am

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am
The Slingshot Channel


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0wYvmEGkU
OMG. I love that guy! It's him posting? Welcome!
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
yossarian
* * * * *
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by yossarian » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:15 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 am
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am
The Slingshot Channel


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0wYvmEGkU
OMG. I love that guy! It's him posting? Welcome!
He's been here for years, I think even before he started the YT channel. Watching his work evolve has honestly been one of the coolest things I've seen on ZS or even the internet as a whole.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13567
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:10 pm

I've been watching him for years. He always brings out the 12 year old in me.

When that bow becomes available in the US I will probably get one. I am willing to bet the US market will be a bit larger than the European market.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Post Reply

Return to “Other Weapons”