Ganzo knives

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

flybynight

Ganzo knives

Post by flybynight » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Anybody have experience with this brand?

specifically the GANZO G7471-BK
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

JoergS

Re: Ganzo knives

Post by JoergS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:30 am

Ganzo knives are really inexpensive and the value for the money is good.

However they are not indestructible.

I made a "knife tournament" a year ago, with plenty of Ganzo models in it. In general they performed OK but not great.

Compared to a Cold Steel tri-ad lock knife, the Ganzos are clearly inferior. But sooo much cheaper.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog: http://www.slingshotchannel.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My forum: http://www.theslingshotforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 am

Yes, I have a Ganzo. The Firebird G753 or something like that. G10 scales, axis lock and commendably sharp out of the box. Solid lockup and no discernible lateral play.

I don't remember how much I paid, but it must have been around $10 on special from Gearbest. Perhaps my standards are lower than some knife connoisseurs, but I am very happy with the quality I got for the price.

nyarlotep
Favorite Zombie Movies: I don't think I've seen one. Not a big fan of the horror genre.

Post by nyarlotep » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm

I have a couple. They seem to be decent quality if a bit heavy. If you don't mind that they are mostly knockoffs of major-brand knives (not counterfeits; they don't claim to be the brand they're copying, they just clone the general styling), they're a good value for the money.
God was my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I ate him.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Bought one in January. Very impressed with how tight it locks up. Action is smooth if slower than other auto knives I've owned. But since I've had it absolutely zero misfires on opening and also never accidently opened in my pocket. It's been my EDC since the day I received it. For under 20 bucks , great value and I won't cry over much if it get's lost. I plan on getting a second one though soon just in case it does grow feet and walk away. Came straight from China and I think they might have walked it here. It took forever. It took six days alone from it's arrival in Chicago from overseas to my mailbox in Kansas.

As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

gary83

Post by gary83 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:25 am

Got a Ganzo Firebird last year and I was happy with the quality.

Return to “Other Weapons”