Next step up from Mora with a full tang?

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Next step up from Mora with a full tang?

Post by moab » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:58 pm

I know they sell the Mora full tang. But it's like $73 on Amazon. I'm wondering what the next cheapest step up from a Mora is? Looking for something to put in a cache. That you wouldn't mind losing.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost

Re: Next step up from Mora with a full tang?

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:04 pm

I would not mind a USAF survival knife or a Condor Bushlore.

Just some ideas. Both would need some work on the edge to be my personal image of "perfect." Basically thinning down the angles. Removing some stock.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

moab

Post by moab » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:06 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:04 pm
I would not mind a USAF survival knife or a Condor Bushlore.

Just some ideas. Both would need some work on the edge to be my personal image of "perfect." Basically thinning down the angles. Removing some stock.
I think a bushlore is like around 50 bucks? I'm thinking something closer to the basic Mora for $9. But I agree with you about those two blades. Just not sure they're disposable. I'll check out prices on the USAF.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:35 pm

*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Just go on Amazon and type in "duct knife". I like these from Klenk. I have a couple of them floating around the house for various chores.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm

I was thinking about the old timer. And those duct knives look interesting. NEver seen those. A machete would work too. Maybe the best option.

Return to “Other Weapons”