Lets Talk: Air Rifles!

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Re: Lets Talk: Air Rifles!

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 am

doitnstyle1 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:26 pm
Corrected. I was using my voice to text.
LOL 50 to 70 = 5270.

How long did it take to get to 3000 psi? How long does it take to fill an average PCP directly using an average hand or foot pump?

The other main thing about filling a cooled tank is its more efficient. If you don't keep the tank cool while its filling then your gauge will read that your full and your topped pressure is say 4500 psi at the time of filling, but when the tank cools back down to room temp your reading will be significantly less than that, so not full. I'm speaking of dive tanks mainly.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am

For the 90 cubic tank it took me about two and a half minutes from 3000 to 4500. The 68 cubic foot tank took me about the same amount of time from 500 PSI to about 1,500 PSI. I filled the reservoir in my hot sun in about a minute and a half.
Most of these jobs are topping off existing tanks. They're not being filled from zero. That usually never happens.
On average from what I've seen the fill and top off time will be usually under 5 minutes.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:55 am

doitnstyle1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am
For the 90 cubic tank it took me about two and a half minutes from 3000 to 4500. The 68 cubic foot tank took me about the same amount of time from 500 PSI to about 1,500 PSI. I filled the reservoir in my hot sun in about a minute and a half.
Most of these jobs are topping off existing tanks. They're not being filled from zero. That usually never happens.
On average from what I've seen the fill and top off time will be usually under 5 minutes.
That's good to know. I had visions of slaving away with a hand pump for a half an hour or more.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:55 am
doitnstyle1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am
That's good to know. I had visions of slaving away with a hand pump for a half an hour or more.
Oh, I took that as with the new compressor. That's the hand pump?

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:14 pm

No that is with the new compressor. With hand pump it would take me about 75 pumps for a 400cc reservoir. I attempted to do the tank and stopped after 250 pumps. The pump is great for your rifles if you are not going to on the range all day. You will get pretty tired after a while or get in really good shape. Not to mention the difficulty if you don't have a little heft to you. I weigh in about 275. So I can put a little bit of weight behind it to make the job easier. I have seen some 180 lb guys really struggled getting it up to full pressure.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

Return to “Other Weapons”