Spyderco Endura4 - REVIEW

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

BR101

Spyderco Endura4 - REVIEW

Post by BR101 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Specifications:
Overall Length: 8.75" (222 mm)
Blade Length: 3.75" (96 mm)
Cutting Edge: 3.438" (88 mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.125" (3 mm)
Blade Steel: VG-10
Hole Diameter: 0.5" (13 mm)
Handle Material: FRN
Closed Length: 5" (127 mm)
Weight: 3.4 oz. (96 g)

Today I am reviewing the Spyderco Endura 4 C10FPBL. I have been carrying this knife almost every day for the last week and half. While almost everybody is familiar with this knife, it's always nice to see it reviewed since it's such a great knife and Spyderco continues to keep it in their lineup.

I'm not super familiar with older versions of the Endura but from what I read the older versions only had a tip up carry configuration. While that doesn't bother me, some people prefer tip down which this current model accommodates.

For the FULL review and more pictures check out my WEBSITE

Also check out our Facebook page to enter to win a FREE Spyderco Lil' Matriarach and participate in a Spyderco Caly 3.5 CF Group Buy!!
Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
Everyday Deals - A place to check out everyday deals
Facebook - Twitter - Youtube Channel

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Re: Spyderco Endura4 - REVIEW

Post by Sworbeyegib » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I EDC'd an endura4 for years, I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago, back when most of the spydercos were still made in Japan. If I'm not mistaken, now only some of the pricier blades are made in japan still, and most of the basic production line was moved to China or Taiwan. I'm not sure if the quality level has dropped at all since then.

Mine had all four corners able to accept the pocket clip. I prefer a tip up carry for where I carry the blade. I have noticed the pocket clip does start to wiggle loose every few weeks or so, and needs to be locktited down. After all these year, and there is still zero wobble in the blade. Though I can say I never used this knife as hard as I have some of my cold steel voyagers.

As far a shape, edge holding, size, function and feel, its one hands down one of the best knives I've ever owned. Even the serrated version I own is fantastic. Spyderco makes some of the best serrations on the market IMO.

Side note, I understand you are trying to get traffic towards your review site, which is understandable. But may I suggest actually posting the review on this board. If it is a sound, and well written review, people WILL go and check out your site for more. We just had a heated misunderstanding in another thread about posting links rather than posting the information directly to the thread.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

BR101

Post by BR101 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Sworbeyegib wrote:I EDC'd an endura4 for years, I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago, back when most of the spydercos were still made in Japan. If I'm not mistaken, now only some of the pricier blades are made in japan still, and most of the basic production line was moved to China or Taiwan. I'm not sure if the quality level has dropped at all since then.

Mine had all four corners able to accept the pocket clip. I prefer a tip up carry for where I carry the blade. I have noticed the pocket clip does start to wiggle loose every few weeks or so, and needs to be locktited down. After all these year, and there is still zero wobble in the blade. Though I can say I never used this knife as hard as I have some of my cold steel voyagers.

As far a shape, edge holding, size, function and feel, its one hands down one of the best knives I've ever owned. Even the serrated version I own is fantastic. Spyderco makes some of the best serrations on the market IMO.

Side note, I understand you are trying to get traffic towards your review site, which is understandable. But may I suggest actually posting the review on this board. If it is a sound, and well written review, people WILL go and check out your site for more. We just had a heated misunderstanding in another thread about posting links rather than posting the information directly to the thread.
Thanks for your insight on the years of use with your Endura 4..

As for the side note. I normally do just post the whole review. I was pressed for time earlier and just copied and paste from one forum to another.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Is your's flat ground? Didn't think they made flat ground Enduras.

Since 2008, when I bought a Delica on the Appalachian Trail, there has been a Spyderco in my pocket. Well, except for the few weeks inbetween loosing my Delica then the second Delica a few years after that.

Now I keep two. A Cali 3.5 with a flat grind and an Endura with an Emerson wave. The Emerson wave is a pretty nifty feature. I orriginally wanted the Endura from http://www.rockyourglock.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with the folding Glock punch. Looked at it for weeks, but couldnt bring myself to buy another. When I finally broke down they were out of stock. I'm glad though, thats how I got the Emerson wave Endura from another dealer.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

BR101

Post by BR101 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:47 am

Yep. Flat ground is my favorite Spyderco blade grind. Comes RAZOR sharp out of the box :crazy:

BR101

Post by BR101 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Updated the review with a 10% Promo Code :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap:

AmnJoker333
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead

Post by AmnJoker333 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:52 am

BR101 wrote:
I'm not super familiar with older versions of the Endura but from what I read the older versions only had a tip up carry configuration. While that doesn't bother me, some people prefer tip down which this current model accommodates.
That and they went with more of a sabre grind with the Endura 4. The older Endura's had issues with the tips wearing/breaking off too easily. I went through 2 of the older ones, and the tips would break just from normal use. I have the black phosphated Endura 4 now as my EDC, and I love it. Great all-around blade.
AR-15/Glock/.45 vs 9mm neutral/pie

Return to “Other Weapons”