Anti-Personnel Tactical Riot Spear

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead - Zack Snyder version
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Anti-Personnel Tactical Riot Spear

Post by ShooterMike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 am

Hokey "tactical police" marketing aside, this looks novel, and perhaps interesting if it's a well-made spear. But the $69.99 price makes me doubtful that it will hold up to much use. Oh well, I may have to buy one just to find out, unless someone else does it first....

http://www.trueswords.com/antipersonnel ... -6987.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zeek

Re: Anti-Personnel Tactical Riot Spear

Post by Zeek » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 am

Huge spear post here:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 33&t=87053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And someone else that was looking at weapons from that site, general consensus is, "not even worth a loaf of cheese".
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=104995" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freenarative
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie land, 28 days/weeks later (viral outbreak not zombie but still,,,,)

Post by freenarative » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 am

It is VERY rare that you can argue with the phrase "ya get what ya pay for." This site proves it. The steel on most of the products is inferior and improperly heat treated and the handles tend to be plastic and shoddy. BUT! there are always exceptions to the rule and you must judge something for your self. Personally, for $70 I'd buy a decent wooden staff (waxwood maybe as it's flexible), a decent quality knife and some 100lb paracord. A) remove the handle from said knife, B) cut a slot in one end of the staff, insert A into B and use the cord to bind the two together. It's worked as a spear since neolithic times, is probably MUCH sturdier, can be decorated to your tastes and is about $40 cheaper.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Drichar Deis wrote:Sledge hammer to the forehead, night night cow ;)
Prepping; Why prep? Well just think of it as a physical form of insurance. You insure your home "just in case" it gets robbed. Why not prep "just in case" the poop hits the propeller?

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 am

:lol:

I'll be honest, it actually looks kind of cool... useless, but still looks pretty

Does anybody ACTUALLY believe cops use this shit for riots?
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:24 am

Rebel Pariah wrote::lol:

I'll be honest, it actually looks kind of cool... useless, but still looks pretty

Obviously You have not read the "Dies the fire" series by SM Stirling http://www.amazon.com/Dies-Fire-S-M-Sti ... 0451460413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 am

What do you plan to do with it? People have taken game and gone to war with wood, stone, obsidian, and bronze tipped spears for thousands of years. I have no doubt that stainless would work too.

But who actually uses spears for a reasonable purpose besides wall hanging? Theres much better tools for just about any job than a spear.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 am

Rebel Pariah wrote::lol:

Modern police would not use this, however, in medieval times pole arms were the weapon of choice for guard forces.

Look at the Vatican Swiss Guards

Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 am

I see one spear and a mess of halberds :wink:

:edit: Derp, I see you said polearms, not spears.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Assault Life wrote:What do you plan to do with it? People have taken game and gone to war with wood, stone, obsidian, and bronze tipped spears for thousands of years. I have no doubt that stainless would work too.

But who actually uses spears for a reasonable purpose besides wall hanging? Theres much better tools for just about any job than a spear.

that was pretty much my point, not knocking the concept of a spear... just that nowadays there are better options
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Totally digging on "Snake Eyes the cop". :)
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Snake Eye's MOS was "Commando". :lol:
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Dont forget United's other items in there M48 commando line up.

http://www.budk.com/product/M48-KOMMAND ... 173457.uts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pole ax.
http://www.budk.com/product/M48-KOMMAND ... 175039.uts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; war hammer
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:Snake Eye's MOS was "Commando". :lol:
Damn I dont remember that one being offered, Must not of had a high enough ASVAB
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm pretty sure that you have to be tier 1 to order one of these things

Achilles21

Post by Achilles21 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:43 am

No thanks...not only does it look cheap, but you're just asking to get it taken from you because it's so long.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:Look at the Vatican Swiss Guards
KentsOkay wrote:I see one spear and a mess of halberds :wink:
Technically, if you want to be really fussy about it, that's not a spear, it's a partisan. Basically similar to a spear, but with a broad, sword-like blade and a pair of flukes at the base of the blade. Differs from a boar spear primarily in intent, and subtleties of blade shape.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am

Jeriah beat me to it. :lol:
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

BJMadden85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of them...

Post by BJMadden85 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

My 2 cents: I have seen a video where the M48 Kommando tomahawk, from the same line this spear is from, had the head break off in normal use. I would stay away from the whole M48 Kommando unless you have the money to replace it or just want something to use for a short while til it gives out. SOG also had a head and part of the haft break off in normal use, but they immediately remedied the problem with a steel collar.
Brandon J. Madden, Esq.
ZS member
ZSC:017

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. -Mark Twain

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 am

Assault Life wrote:What do you plan to do with it? People have taken game and gone to war with wood, stone, obsidian, and bronze tipped spears for thousands of years. I have no doubt that stainless would work too.

Frog Giggin! Although thats more of a trident

drop bear

Post by drop bear » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am

People do still hunt with a spear as a hobby. And on youtube I have seen things as big as water buffalo killed with them.

And If I was to buy a spear that is the path I would go down rather than this tacticool route. Because at least I know the design works.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 am

Rednex wrote:Dont forget United's other items in there M48 commando line up.

http://www.budk.com/product/M48-KOMMAND ... 173457.uts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pole ax.
http://www.budk.com/product/M48-KOMMAND ... 175039.uts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; war hammer
The M48® Kommando™ Tactical Survival Hammer from United® Cutlery is the perfect companion for hiking and camping. With a 37 3/8” overall length, it's great as a walking staff while camping. The cast 2Cr13 stainless steel, black oxide-coated head can pummel almost anything with ease. The cane handle features a defensive war hammer head and a curved back spike, which offers great applications as an effective breaching tool and defensive hammer in addition to being a fully functional walking cane. The 30% fiberglass handle is nearly indestructible, and the axe head is attached to it with metal bolts. Includes a rubber toe on the end of the cane.

What does- "...can pummel almost anything with ease." even mean? It can hit stuff? You can hit stuff with anything, they don't even trust their hammer enough to claim it will break or destroy things... just that it may be used to hit them :lol:

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

x
Last edited by Krustofski on Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Off the internet until further notice.

Raven927

Post by Raven927 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

I bet the R.P.D would have loved to have a few of them.
crypto wrote:The Ruger Hokey-Pokey

YOU PUT THE MAGAZINE IN
YOU TAKE THE MAGAZINE OUT
YOU TURN IT UPSIDE-DOWN AND THEN YOU SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT
YOU YELL SOME MOTHERFUCKERS THEN YOU BEAT THE SPRING BACK OUT
THATS-WHAT-ITS-ALL-ABOUT!

Vicarious_Lee
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Rednex wrote:Dont forget United's other items in there M48 commando line up.

I would be interested in buying those things and documenting and testing them rigorously, but I fear I could cause serious injury to myself when one of those things fails catastrophically.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Return to “Other Weapons”