UPDATE (PICS) I Got Shot 3 Days Ago.

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DaleGribble

Re: I Got Shot 3 Days Ago.

Post by DaleGribble » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Rev wrote:Police scanner now becoming a real possibility for me.
I can't really tell how well it works as far as what I actually hear and how many channels/freqs I can get to, but I have a scanner app on my phone. It was free and its kinda neat at the very least, its called "Scanner Radio"

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Police scanner is definitely something I'm going to pick up. Unfortunately, prior to me calling 911 about being shot, I don't think any other calls had been made yet, so the outcome would of been the same, at least for me in this situation. But it would of been damn handy for everyone else in the area to keep tabs on what's going on and stuff.
Aut vincere aut mori...
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...
Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 pm

I don't know what my password is for flickr, and don't have any accounts with any other image hosting service (wish ZS had their own... hint hint). I got the pics on my dad's comp, but might be a bit before I figure out how to get them posted.
Aut vincere aut mori...

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Vel454 wrote:I don't know what my password is for flickr, and don't have any accounts with any other image hosting service (wish ZS had their own... hint hint). I got the pics on my dad's comp, but might be a bit before I figure out how to get them posted.
You got a facebook?
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Rev wrote:
Vel454 wrote:I don't know what my password is for flickr, and don't have any accounts with any other image hosting service (wish ZS had their own... hint hint). I got the pics on my dad's comp, but might be a bit before I figure out how to get them posted.
You got a facebook?
Didn't even think of that lol, gimme a sec.
Aut vincere aut mori...

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Alright, I don't know what my damn fb password is, I can do it all on my phone, because it's automatic, but I can't figure out how to pull up the URL to the pics posted. So instead of throwing the computer on the ground, I'll just post 'em later. :rofl:
Aut vincere aut mori...

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Dang, that has to SUCK, but I'm glad it wasn't worse - Heal fast and good job dealing with it - Stay safer now, ya hear? :)
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 pm

I am so glad and thankful that you and yours are all OK! Heal well!

goes off to ponder a police scanner...
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 pm

glad it wasnt worse, did the docs give you a run down on the tissue damage? (The former Medic in me is dying to know)
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

spanningtree
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil

Post by spanningtree » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow, what a nightmare. At least you have you and your families health. God speed on your recovery.

Sins

Post by Sins » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Well thats something you'll never forget. I'm glad your ok.
As for your son, I honestly would tell him the truth as gracefully as possible. No sense covering up that the world sucks. He might even think of his dad as super tough.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

I Got Shot 3 Days Ago.

Post by angelofwar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Wow...

Glad you and yer family are safe and sound though...
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Regular Guy wrote:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote::shock:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery--glad it wasn't worse!!! :gonk:
This. Wow, just wow. Good job keeping your head.
More of this, this and that.

Scary stuff mate.

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 pm

It's all been said, so instead I will just say- I guess it had to eventually happen to ZS'er... and you handled it like a ZS'er!

[insert slow clapping guy]

edit-

Cop- "Are you military?"
You- "No, Zombie Squad."
Cop- " :oh: "
Last edited by maldon007 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHUKGLEASON

Post by CHUKGLEASON » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Vel454 wrote:Police scanner is definitely something I'm going to pick up. Unfortunately, prior to me calling 911 about being shot, I don't think any other calls had been made yet, so the outcome would of been the same, at least for me in this situation. But it would of been damn handy for everyone else in the area to keep tabs on what's going on and stuff.
Best resource for scanner information: http://www.radioreference.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dabster

I Got Shot 3 Days Ago.

Post by Dabster » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Wow. I followed that on the news as it was happening. Glad all survived and very impressed with the police work.

Details like you shared really add some depth to this.
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Glad you are ok! Scary stuff...
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

B_Scout

Post by B_Scout » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 am

Glad your ok! I'm showing my woman this post, maybe will get her off my back about always having some type of firearm on my person when I'm out and about on or off duty. In your situation since you could not see the person, shooting randomly would just add to the problem really but still after being hit just a glint of sun of a rifle scoop would be enough to send a couple rounds down range.
"Can you do something for me?...Take 2 steps back, and f*** your own face!" - B_Scout

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 am

Vel454 wrote:Police scanner is definitely something I'm going to pick up. Unfortunately, prior to me calling 911 about being shot, I don't think any other calls had been made yet, so the outcome would of been the same, at least for me in this situation. But it would of been damn handy for everyone else in the area to keep tabs on what's going on and stuff.
Grab a portable one first, and if you get a 2nd, then grab a base. Also, make sure it can pick up the transmissions in your area. check out "scannermaster.com" to see what type you need for your area (analog, trunking, or digital). Mine has come in handy more than a few times, and lets me know when there's accidents on road "x", so I can avoid them, or trouble in my part of town, etc.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Clout

Post by Clout » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 am

Your actions are commendable. I can think of many people in my life who would have totally tweaked. While I hope nothing of this caliber ever happens to anyone, I will keep your calm presence in mind when facing even a lesser freak out moment. My son is only 11 weeks old and I have already begun making myself look like an over protective fool. Perhaps it's these times of feeling "over protective" during our parenthood that condition some of us to act levelheaded when things head south.

Prepared American

Post by Prepared American » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 am

Glad to hear your OK. Glad your family made it out unscathed. But one thing bothers me, you claim you lost 4 pints of blood but was treated and released. You don't lose more then half your blood supply and then get released 3 hours later. Blood loss always looks like a point more then it is. If you didn't get blood in the ER or lose consciousness and go to emergency surgery you did not lose 4 pints of blood.

But still glad you are all OK, and I hope you learned something from this. Never assume because your neighborhood is historically peaceful, that bad thing and bad people can't pop up there.

Also the cop asking about past military is likely due to you telling the dispatcher cover and concealment routes. Most civilians are not aware of the concept . The officer was probably curious because perhaps your described points of C & C worked for them. In my previous SWAT life iI would never consider arming a civilian, way to much liability.
Hoping to bring back common sense to the prepping community.
dogbane wrote:It's not your post count, it's making posts count.

flsgear
Favorite Zombie Movies: :D all of them I think O_O

Post by flsgear » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

He seen my 3 year old and 1 year old babies and wife in the yard, and was trying to shoot them.
:vmad:
Made my blood run cold.
You were astonishingly fortunate and I for one am glad to hear things worked out, new leg wound aside.
Owner, Messina's Front Line Survival Gear - website at http://www.flsgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
Blog: flsgear.wordpress.com (mostly inactive)
Twitter: twitter.com/mmessina_author (active, not biz related)
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/foPFgx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (very active)
Also part-time sci-fi author - http://amzn.to/vYUbTw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:10 am

Prepared American wrote:Glad to hear your OK. Glad your family made it out unscathed. But one thing bothers me, you claim you lost 4 pints of blood but was treated and released. You don't lose more then half your blood supply and then get released 3 hours later. Blood loss always looks like a point more then it is. If you didn't get blood in the ER or lose consciousness and go to emergency surgery you did not lose 4 pints of blood.
You could definitely be right. The amount guesstimated was by me, not a medic or anything. I know gas for instance, spreads out more than water, so when assuming a spill size, you need to keep in mind that it probably looks like more than it is, I was assuming the opposite with the blood, and figured it was higher than what I'd imagen the equal amount of water to be. The house and porch was litered with deck-of-playing-card sized pools of blood on both sides of where my foot stopped from each step, a bit less out in the yard and driveway. 4 was my best guess.
Aut vincere aut mori...

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 am

Wow. That's hella fucked up.

Glad to hear all is more-or-less well. Hope the leg heals up fast!

I may have missed it, but did you hear any reason why the asshole decided to do that?

Return to “Survival Experiences”