Drew my gun for the fist time.....on a dog

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mr.Pliskin

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 am

This story is pretty much why I NEVER EVER leave my gun at home. Because at the exact moment when you say "I'm just going to go do (whatever), Ill be ok without it just this once" is the exact time when you'll need it.

Ever since the days got longer me and the family have been taking full advantage. Well go work in the "garden" (aka the thing doomed to die) build something outside, or as my 4 year old daughter has been having so much fun with lately, go for a bike ride. Yesterday turned out to be a bike ride day, I was going to finish up a shop I've been working on in the back yard but my daughter insisted that we go for a ride and being the strong willed person I am, caved immediately. I got the bikes out strapped her helmet on and me the wife and daughter set out on a ride. As we were leaving I had a brief thought about grabbing the Inferno brand pepper spray that I usually carry with me but as we had yet to see a dog on our numerous rides I decided against it.

Off we went to her grandmas house which is about 6-7 blocks away, (we live out in the county and most of the homes are on 1 acre plots) not really to visit but more as a turn around point. On the ride there I spot a chow that had gotten out of the fence that we normally ride by and he's just sitting there not barking or chasing us or anything, which is odd as he's usually going crazy behind the fence. We ride without incident to grandmas and it just so happened their out side. So we visit for a little bit but its getting late and my wife still has to get to work. My FIL won’t stop talking to my wife so me and my daughter decide to start on our way since she's not a fast rider and are going to let my wife catch up.

Riding about a block away form my FIL's house I notice 3 rather large dogs come out from the side of a house running up to our left, growling, hair standing up and just generally being aggressive. I yell expecting that to make them stop, which it does not. I'm about six feet in front of and to the left of my daughter (in-between her and the pack) so I hit the brakes and simultaneously kick at the one coming at my foot. It jumps back and I see one of the others going around my back towards my daughter, and I’m still letting my bike tip over to get my feet on the ground. So I see no other choice but to draw my CCW. I pull it from my AIWB holster and very deliberately do not sweep my daughter as I point it behind me at the dog one handed almost gangster style while my left hand pushes off the bike to let my left leg swing over the handlebars. I’m already taking up the slack in the trigger and, I don’t know if I yelled again or it was my bike clanging to the ground but the dog stops and cowers back (I think It was the sight of the mighty Glock but who can tell if the dog was a glock fan). I run over (not really run it was like two steps) and grab my daughter. I make the fftttt sound which in dog means leave and they take off. My daughters crying that the dogs scared her, I reholster and we ride back to get my wife. After she calmed down, we started riding back home with me on one side and my wife on the other, like we ALWAYS do.

Now If anyone ever sees this Murphy guy they should punch him in his fu***ng face. I knew there were stray dogs when we moved but we hadn’t seen any, so I decided to leave the spray at home. I would much rather my daughter see my spray a dog as opposed to discharge a gun around her at one. I will NEVER EVER go out on foot or on bikes without it again. Would the spray have worked? I have no idea, but it would have been nice to have another option in the "force continuum" and spray them at 15 or so feet when I felt uncomfortable, rather than only be able to go to guns when I know they’re a threat.

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Re: Drew my gun for the fist time.....on a dog

Post by ais4122 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 am

A very risky situiation all around. Homes on 1 acre lots, similiar to my area, is more a surburan setting, rather than countryside setting. Dense enough to concern everyone about a discharged firearm. I have sometimes noticed some people walking dogs carrying rather long sticks, which I imagine are used in case of a dog attack. Which may be just as effective as spray, especially if you hold the stick up high, because we all know dogs can't look up. ( Shaun of the Dead)
I had heard of a guy who had a vacation home upstate NY, he was from Long Island. He went jogging, got approached by an aggressive dog, and he shot it. No problem, until it happened again, and the locals arrested him. I hope you notified local authorities about the incident, nice to have documentation to back you up in the event you need to dispatch the animal sometime in the future. Pulling the trigger is always the easy part, its the aftermath that causes issues, even in something as simple as taking down a vicious dog. Years ago I was approached by a vicious Rottwieller, my partner and I were dispatched to a vicious dog call, as it came growling towards up we fired and that was that. The very next tour we had another vicious dog call, as we approached the area, we saw the pitbull running around, and luckily for us it dissappeared. Shooting two dogs in two days would cause a problem for anyone including us. Be safe
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 pm

A strange dog come onto our property (for about a week before my wife told me about it) growling at and approaching my wife with teeth bared...it happened while she was walking a dog of ours...She tried yelling and hand gestures and even throwing small stones at the thing, and was on the verge of refusing to take our dog out (and not wanting to let our son play outside for fear of the thing)...I had her try a squirt-bottle of ammonia aimed at the dog's head, but the dog didn't seem to mind it a bit...the next day I walked out with her, and the dog started for both of us, hair up, deep growling, teeth bared, stiff legged...I fired a round of lightweight birdshot into the driveway about 10 yards in front of the dog, and the noise and dust and gravel (and maybe a pellet or two) were enough, and we've never seen the dog again...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

greenear123
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28DL, Sean of the Dead, Sean the Sheep?

Post by greenear123 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 am

Wow, very scary. I hope your little girl is OK and not afraid of all doggies now.
Goes to reinforce the split second nature of the decision to draw and fire.
I had the neighbor's dog rush me as I left the driveway on my motorcycle. I kicked her,the dog not the neighbor, in the head and sent her tumbling down the road. She runs to the back yard anytime a motor bike drives by now. :D Had I been on foot with the family or dogs I may well have drawn and fired with the way this thing was coming at me, eyes rolled back, teeth bared, snarling and barking.

ancient_serpent

Post by ancient_serpent » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:25 am

Can be scary, getting charged by even a small pack of dogs. My mother lives out in an extremely rural area in the south. I was there to visit for a few days and we decided to take a walk down one of the little country roads. Everyone there has dogs, most of them are friendly wihch is good, since there are no leash laws in the area.
I had my Glock 19 IWB, two spare mags (all IWB) and a walking stick about 4 feet long. My mom doesn't carry and is a small statured woman. About a mile or two into our walk, three medium sized dogs charged us from about 200 or so meters away. I yelled at them, pushed my mom behind me and was tryign to scare thema way with my voice and the stick. As this was happening, two more came out of the woods and started running towards us as well. I dropped the stick, and pulled my pistol. THe road led into a blind curve and we were walking downhill, so I didn't feel that I had a safe backstop. As much as I do not agree with warning shots, I fired a single round into a dirt mound on the side of the road.
The dogs scattered, I called the sheriffs office to report what happened. By the time the deputy go there, we'd walked back to her house. The guy was kinda clueless, but not particularly hostile towards me. Ended up being a non-issue, but still, always carry.

JesterODX
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gotta be Dawn of the Dead or Shawn of the Dead. But I will opt for anything Romero.

Post by JesterODX » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 am

You know, just glad it worked out for you. Its best you didnt have to put the animal down, but darn sure that's better then an attack on your child and/or you.

I dont mind dogs that run loose as long as they are not aggressive. I've got one neighbors dog that has acted aggresive in my own front yard on dozens of occasions. That SOB is lucky I havent planted it some where. It has however met with my trishot airsoft shot gun. Even after that it still barks at me in my own yard as it moves on. It dont stand its ground any more. I swear to God it has a thing about trying to give us a heart attack at night. Its black and we cant see it. And it dont bark when you come out side. No it waits a minute or so. You get half way down the steps or almost to the truck, and then it starts barking. I hate that dog.
JesterODX
"The Great and Powerful"

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 am

Mr.Pliskin wrote:...snip*...

Riding about a block away form my FIL's house I notice 3 rather large dogs come out from the side of a house running up to our left, growling, hair standing up and just generally being aggressive. I yell expecting that to make them stop, which it does not. I'm about six feet in front of and to the left of my daughter (in-between her and the pack) so I hit the brakes and simultaneously kick at the one coming at my foot. It jumps back and I see one of the others going around my back towards my daughter, and I’m still letting my bike tip over to get my feet on the ground. So I see no other choice but to draw my CCW. I pull it from my AIWB holster and very deliberately do not sweep my daughter as I point it behind me at the dog one handed almost gangster style while my left hand pushes off the bike to let my left leg swing over the handlebars. I’m already taking up the slack in the trigger and, I don’t know if I yelled again or it was my bike clanging to the ground but the dog stops and cowers back (I think It was the sight of the mighty Glock but who can tell if the dog was a glock fan). I run over (not really run it was like two steps) and grab my daughter. I make the fftttt sound which in dog means leave and they take off. My daughters crying that the dogs scared her, I reholster and we ride back to get my wife. After she calmed down, we started riding back home with me on one side and my wife on the other, like we ALWAYS do.

Now If anyone ever sees this Murphy guy they should punch him in his fu***ng face. ...snip*...
Snake, What does Murphy he look like in case I do run into him? [WTF]

I saw my dad deal with this situation when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. He was riding in front of me and 2 dogs came tearing up in attack mode, German Shepard mixes. He just dismounted on the opposite side of the bike from the dogs, picked up the bike with two hands and used it as a shield moving forward toward them keeping the bike between him and the dogs. Swung it back and forth, yelling and then they took off.

ETA: IMO there is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners. And I'd try not to hurt 'em if its at all possible. [the dogs, I'd try not to hurt the dogs, the owners can die of gonorrhea and burn in hell]
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:27 am

I grew up about 15 miles out of town, and people dumping dogs has always been a big problem for us. Inevitably they get hungry and start killing our livestock. The SOP for us is as follows: If the dog is exhibiting aggressive behavior towards us, shoot it. If no aggressive behavior, attempt to call the dog over and catch it so that it can be taken into the pound. If the dog won't come, shoot it. Harsh, but if you can't get it into town it's going to either starve to death or start killing livestock.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Rugger wrote:I grew up about 15 miles out of town, and people dumping dogs has always been a big problem for us. Inevitably they get hungry and start killing our livestock. The SOP for us is as follows: If the dog is exhibiting aggressive behavior towards us, shoot it. If no aggressive behavior, attempt to call the dog over and catch it so that it can be taken into the pound. If the dog won't come, shoot it. Harsh, but if you can't get it into town it's going to either starve to death or start killing livestock.
We have that happening in South Florida. People dump unwanted dogs out near the Everglades. Luckily for these dogs there are numerous rescue groups here that patrol these drop off areas and bring in the dogs before they starve or go wild and try to get them adopted. Maybe there is a group in your area that will come out if you contact them and let them know this is going on near you. [for the dogs that don't come when you call 'em or are agressive]
Lifetime gamer watch at:

Turtlewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Almost all of them........some suck balls though.

Post by Turtlewolf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:55 pm

If you had the shot you should have taken it, the mantra there are no bad dogs just bad owners is correct but that dosen't pay medical bills or heal trauma. I've had to deal with feral or attacking animals in a few situations and if there is a firearm involved or a suitable weapon the authorities are called to clean up the mess.
My family and thier safety comes first, if you draw your weapon and have a clean shot take it.
Although your family is safe those animals will look for easier prey and others may suffer.
The problem should have ended when you drew your CCW or in Jamies case in the driveway.
Other than that I am happy that all are okay.
------------------------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Face Book account today.
You can drop your knife, loose your rifle but keep an eye on your axe.
Humanity does not survive alone.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:13 pm

I always carry pepper spray when riding a bike. The one time is used it, the dog was instantly no longer interested in me but rather simply wanted to rub his face in the grass. Every time it saw me after this it went back to its yard and stayed away from me.

Pepper spray is a better solution IMO as long as the animal is just threatening you.

If it is attacking or clearly aggressive then do what you have to do...just call the authorities and report it afterwards.

foxx

Post by foxx » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

I used to ride a bike with my dog's leash attached to my belt. After two pitbulls attacked her, at the same time, I got myself a police baton. A 31" ASP attached to my bike frame, it was heavy, but a nice place to keep it.
Six months later, the same two dogs got away from the stupid owner again. I gave the lead dog two warning hits on his back, then a serious hit to the head, he ran home. The other dog gave up as the owner approached.
I didn't even open up the baton, I used it closed, the dogs were at my feet. The weight of the long ASP was just enough power to stop this particular dog, in this particular case.
IF it were my daughter vs. dogs, I'd have a pistol, pepper spray, and a close quarters weapon, a club, baton, tomahawk, knife etc.. If the spray fails, and one is attacking your daughter, you won't be able to shoot it. That's when you'll want the impact weapon, IMO and experience.
Good luck, and don't let dogs own the neighborhood, call the animal shelters, the police, etc. if it continues to be an issue.

Texas19Delta

Post by Texas19Delta » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Aggressive Dog = Four Legged Subcaliber Zed Training Device

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:08 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Rugger wrote:I grew up about 15 miles out of town, and people dumping dogs has always been a big problem for us. Inevitably they get hungry and start killing our livestock. The SOP for us is as follows: If the dog is exhibiting aggressive behavior towards us, shoot it. If no aggressive behavior, attempt to call the dog over and catch it so that it can be taken into the pound. If the dog won't come, shoot it. Harsh, but if you can't get it into town it's going to either starve to death or start killing livestock.
We have that happening in South Florida. People dump unwanted dogs out near the Everglades. Luckily for these dogs there are numerous rescue groups here that patrol these drop off areas and bring in the dogs before they starve or go wild and try to get them adopted. Maybe there is a group in your area that will come out if you contact them and let them know this is going on near you. [for the dogs that don't come when you call 'em or are agressive]
First of all, please understand that what I'm about to say comes from a guy whose family loves dogs and completely/utterly relies on them every day. We currently EMPLOY around 20 dogs. There are about 7 border collie/assorted herding breed mutts. We also have 12 plus great pyrenees that are guard dogs and spread out over the ranch, that are bonded too and living with the sheep and goats. My parents would literally go out of business if some strange disease killed off all our dogs overnight.

Now for the unfortunate problems with your sincerely kind hearted suggestion.
1. When we see a dangerous dog, we take that opportunity to shoot it then and there. We may not see it again for quite a while, leaving it with other opportunities to kill our livestock. Also, it may be mauled by our pyrenees dogs, which would be a slower (more painful) death. And of course, they may harm our dogs as well.

2. We live 15 miles from a town of 1,800. The closest "city" (city meaning it has ONE real grocery store and not an oversized gas station with some food) is 50 miles away. The closest real city is over 140 miles away. Not many people are driving an hour for a chance at catching a dog. Much less two hours.

3. It's just not a good idea to have people you don't know coming onto your property to check and see IF they can save a few dogs. Especially since a significant number of those people tend to have major issues with people raising livestock for other people to eat. (I have yet to understand how letting livestock run around thousands of acres eating plants, while you try to protect them from predators, is cruel or inhumane.) Not to mention letting someone onto your property who could possibly see something they want to come back and take at a later date.

I've got a few things for people to think about.
How would you handle it if a stray/aggressive dog that you could have put down, runs away and attacks a small child later on, possibly killing them?
In the PAW, what if you saw a starving stray dog that was eyeballing your small herd/flock but wasn't all growly and bitey? Take him in and give up part of your (family's) food; let him go and hope he doesn't kill any of your food; or put him down as humanely as possible? Or another option?
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Rugger wrote:
I've got a few things for people to think about.
How would you handle it if a stray/aggressive dog that you could have put down, runs away and attacks a small child later on, possibly killing them?
In the PAW, what if you saw a starving stray dog that was eyeballing your small herd/flock but wasn't all growly and bitey? Take him in and give up part of your (family's) food; let him go and hope he doesn't kill any of your food; or put him down as humanely as possible? Or another option?
Yep your situation is different from mine and I agree it depends on the situation. Where I live I couldn't legally shoot a stray dog, even if it was obviously rabid. The LEOs will even cite you if you shoot a gator that comes into your house to eat your dog or child. GoogleBing it http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/5 ... s_her_dog/
Plus we do have multiple rescue groups, animal control and humane society to call. Most people in my area don't let their small children play outside unattended either, much more dangerous predators around for them worry about than stray dogs. For that reason, if I can't catch it and it runs away, I wouldn't worry about it.

In a PAW if I saw a starving stray dog it would either earn its keep or be the new meaning of the word dogfood. But in our preAW you'd be supprised how far these rescue groups will drive/etc to save a dog.

One more thing to think about. This has to do with shooting a perceived threat with a handgun when your adrenalin is pumping, a threat that is a moving target on an asphalt street, and you're aiming at a downward angle. If you can even hit it in the first shot, the round will most likely pass thru the dog and 'splatter' on the asphalt sending lead, copper, bone, and road grit schrapnel out. All of which could damage and or blind anyone nearby, children and shooters included.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 pm

I usually don't second guess, and obviously could be wrong... But, specifically because there were more than one dog, I think the gun-aimed-near-kid was not the best option... Had another dog jumped you, from behind, while you had that trigger half pulled... Don't wanna think about it.

To me, you run, grab dog, pick up & throw down hard, move on to next dog... The likelyhood of one of them seriously hurting your kid, while you are smashing them= low, odds of them killing her= so close to 0 its pretty much 0. Odds of a round going the wrong way, maybe similar to her getting seriously hurt by dog, but outcome= far worse... Even if it's just a flesh wound, and she has no long term effects... YOU would feel it for-ever.

Gun shouldn't come out untill you are SURE not doing so will be as bad as doing so & doing it wrong... And having dog attached to your arm makes him hard to miss :lol:

But don't get me wrong, I am pretty much looking at it from my point of view, only minimal IDPA practice + average range time, no extensive tactical stuff... Not judging you for doing what you thought was right, even a little.

williaty

Post by williaty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 am

Have you actually successfully picked up a dog that's in attack mode? Have you done so without sustaining injury? Have you ever even tried? I'll slant this even more in your favor: try picking up a dog that's in an attack mode when it's your dog and it sees you as pack leader. The overwhelming odds are that you're going to get bit and hurt bad. As soon as you're involved with one of them, that leaves the little girl as easy prey.

First line of defense is don't seem like prey and do seem like too big of a challenge. This stands a chance of turning something that was a bluff on the dog's part into a non-event (that bluff can turn into a real attack if you react wrong). Second line is shoot them because, if they weren't bluffing a dominance display, they're more serious about it than you are. People anthropomorphize dogs way too much. A dog in attack mode is at best equivalent to a human on PCP or bath salts (since that's trendy at the moment). More likely, it's less rational, more determined, and less restrained than that.

When interacting with animals in a combat situation, always remember the punchline "That lion didn't go crazy. That lion went lion."

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 am

Our animal control will only come collect dogs that you catch and tie up. I refuse to catch a feral dog.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

olaf_yahoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Shaun of The Dead, Dawn of The Dead 76', Undead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, The Walking Dead

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Forgive me I just came across this + I didn't read all the other posts but I'm sure you can find a way to mount the spray to the handle bars someplace. Put some velcro on there or something and it'll be there when you need it =)
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

"Why bring more, when you can take Les"

E&E belt kit thread- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77171

29dayslater

Post by 29dayslater » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 am

Real men arent afraid oh poochs

Ad'lan
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:27 am

29dayslater wrote:Real men arent afraid oh poochs
Then "Real Men" have more balls than brains. Dogs can be a serious threat, be they rabid, feral or just out of control, you shouldn't let the idea that you need to be a "real man" make you do stupid things like ignoring a threat. A real man protects his offspring, so props to the OP, no one injured, no one arrested, I call that a win.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

el chupacabra

Post by el chupacabra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 am

All things considered please teach your kids what to do if they come across a strange dog while they are alone. Obviously most children will be unarmed. The mantra is be like a tree if the dog is approaching stand straight look at your feet, never stare at a strange dog. If a dog is nipping and or biting you, lay like a log, generally in the fetal position with your arms covering your face. Never run, scream, kick, or hit the dog it will only make an attacking dog come at you with more ferocity.

olaf_yahoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Shaun of The Dead, Dawn of The Dead 76', Undead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, The Walking Dead

Post by olaf_yahoo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Give the kids mace, as long as they understand never to use it unless they are seriously scared by an animal or strange person.
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

"Why bring more, when you can take Les"

E&E belt kit thread- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77171

pahwraith

Post by pahwraith » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 am

maldon007 wrote:I usually don't second guess, and obviously could be wrong... But, specifically because there were more than one dog, I think the gun-aimed-near-kid was not the best option... Had another dog jumped you, from behind, while you had that trigger half pulled... Don't wanna think about it.

To me, you run, grab dog, pick up & throw down hard, move on to next dog... The likelyhood of one of them seriously hurting your kid, while you are smashing them= low, odds of them killing her= so close to 0 its pretty much 0. Odds of a round going the wrong way, maybe similar to her getting seriously hurt by dog, but outcome= far worse... Even if it's just a flesh wound, and she has no long term effects... YOU would feel it for-ever.

Gun shouldn't come out untill you are SURE not doing so will be as bad as doing so & doing it wrong... And having dog attached to your arm makes him hard to miss :lol:

But don't get me wrong, I am pretty much looking at it from my point of view, only minimal IDPA practice + average range time, no extensive tactical stuff... Not judging you for doing what you thought was right, even a little.
I've worked at dog kennels, I've heard stories of dogs having to be punched in the face dozens of times to get them to let go.I haven't seen that personally, but I saw the tape and that was just one dog being berserk. Multiple dogs would be a nightmare.

Ummmmm......so dogs attack, it's no joke. Killing a feral/stray dog is totally justified imo.

Heres one of two dogs attacking one grown jogger.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 79738.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I shudder to think what they would have done to a child.

Return to “Survival Experiences”