AAR from walking into a burglary-in-progress at my house

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

williaty

Re: AAR from walking into a burglary-in-progress at my house

Post by williaty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 pm

shrapnel wrote:You're Arfcom-famous!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/127101 ... ss___.html
Thank you for that link. That just made sure that I will never, ever join that forum!

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

AHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Now we troll you ARFcom! ***Shakes fist in defiance of ARFcom***
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 pm

I got a ten page form letter from the county prosecutor, including a full three pages of flow charts. But he spent ten pages to ask "what do you want done to the perp?". I'm going to be checking the "jail time", "restitution", and "no contact with me or my family" boxes. Then in the essay I'm going to try to figure out how to politely phrase "lock him up and lose the key". The letter gave me the case number, but the county jail website isn't spitting out the case record yet.
williaty wrote:

Thank you for that link. That just made sure that I will never, ever join that forum!
After reading "I would have shot him and stuck a knife in his hands afterwards" comments go without protest by most of ARFcom, I'm fine with having forgotten my ARFcom screenname and password. Though I'm tempted to post there just to call "LarryTheAssPirate' a douchebag once I get a copy of the police report.

ETA: searching the Cuyahoga Co jail database via his name (Preston Reynolds) works, but searching via the case number included on the form letter doesn't :roll:

Anyways, shitbird is out on bail as of the 28th. His next court date is Jan 5th.

ETA2: can anyone tell me what the video JimmyCannon posted there is of? It's not loading on my PC.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm guessing it's This (*Click*) website.

Case Number Number: BO-11-6494AH

He also has some civil case going on with a company that's suing him currently (the Rivers Edge Investment Co) and one that's sued him in the past (The Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co).
Last edited by Browning 35 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

skelco
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by skelco » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Greg Focker wrote:I got a ten page form letter from the county prosecutor, including a full three pages of flow charts. But he spent ten pages to ask "what do you want done to the perp?". I'm going to be checking the "jail time", "restitution", and "no contact with me or my family" boxes. Then in the essay I'm going to try to figure out how to politely phrase "lock him up and lose the key". The letter gave me the case number, but the county jail website isn't spitting out the case record yet.
williaty wrote:

After reading "I would have shot him and stuck a knife in his hands afterwards" comments go without protest by most of ARFcom, I'm fine with having forgotten my ARFcom screenname and password. Though I'm tempted to post there just to call "LarryTheAssPirate' a douchebag once I get a copy of the police report.

ETA: searching the Cuyahoga Co jail database via his name (Preston Reynolds) works, but searching via the case number included on the form letter doesn't :roll:

Anyways, shitbird is out on bail as of the 28th. His next court date is Jan 5th.

ETA2: can anyone tell me what the video JimmyCannon posted there is of? It's not loading on my PC.
you might want to not post his name on the internetz, especially in a thread with links to people who are super into shooting people and putting knives in their hands.
-skelco
ZSC:015 Officer of Indeterminate Duty

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 pm

skelco wrote:you might want to not post his name on the internetz, especially in a thread with links to people who are super into shooting people and putting knives in their hands.
No one on THIS site has advocated shooting the guy and then placing a weapon on his body. I hardly think some random person on the internet is going to go vigilante on this dirtbag; he didnt really accomplish much more than breaking some of my stuff.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.

skelco
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by skelco » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Greg Focker wrote:
skelco wrote:you might want to not post his name on the internetz, especially in a thread with links to people who are super into shooting people and putting knives in their hands.
No one on THIS site has advocated shooting the guy and then placing a weapon on his body. I hardly think some random person on the internet is going to go vigilante on this dirtbag; he didnt really accomplish much more than breaking some of my stuff.
I know, but I'd hate to see the guys defense twist this kind of thing against you, seriously, the less you say about this in public forums the better.
-skelco
ZSC:015 Officer of Indeterminate Duty

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:14 am

Read the first page on Barfcom and couldn't take anymore. Everybody else (on ZS) pretty much summed up my thoughts. Glad you're okay.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 am

williaty wrote:

http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:29 am

Well, that was about one third sorta ok, one third children, and one third should not be allowed to breed...................
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Please, let's not turn this into an ARFcom bashing fest.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:19 pm

shrapnel wrote:Please, let's not turn this into an ARFcom bashing fest.
Okay, but they bashed us first. Just sayin'.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:25 pm

It's called the moral high ground. :wink:
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:32 pm

shrapnel wrote:It's called the moral high ground. :wink:
Oh, yeah, those..... :lol:

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:24 am

shrapnel wrote:It's called the moral high ground. :wink:
Doesn't being up that high give you the spins?

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 am

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a dick move would it be to try to get him to pay restitution for not only all the shit in my house he fucked up, but also for the TAP round I had to chamber "just for him", which is no longer reliable enough for HD? I'm trying to get across the point of "Fuckstick, you almost died, it's time to make some different life choices".

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

toxicology results?

Guns are icky!

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 am

until he goes through rehab, he is not going to get your point.

Guns are icky!

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:41 am

chills1994 wrote:toxicology results?
On the basis of the fact that the CPD Detective asked me if "I could smell any alcohol or intoxicants on his breath while we were fighting", I'm guessing that the CPD didnt bother to do a tox screen :evil:

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 am

They would not do any kind of toxicology testing unless he was: driving, had killed someone (even then, maybe not), or had gone to the hospital, which would automatically do a screen but not necessarily share the results with the police due to HIPAA Laws. (We were lucky enough that when we took tools in to the ER we got to see all results because the head ER doc was also the SWAT teams raid doctor. He went on all call outs with us.) The CPD could have done a breathalyzer, but probably did not bother since it was a B&E arrest and not an Intox arrest. Things like that take time and money and a department hard up for cash like CPD would cut as many corners as possible.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 am

Pretty sure he would have been sent to hospital after multiple chokeouts, if only for CYA purposes on the part of EMS and corrections. Risk of brain injury, swelling airway, etc.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 am

Greg Focker wrote:On a scale of 1-10, how big of a dick move would it be to try to get him to pay restitution for not only all the shit in my house he fucked up, but also for the TAP round I had to chamber "just for him", which is no longer reliable enough for HD? I'm trying to get across the point of "Fuckstick, you almost died, it's time to make some different life choices".
I would itemize the shit out of that! TAP round, window pane, entertainment center, POS non-working TV... Charge him $5 for each choke-out you gave him instead of just shooting him in the head, too!
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

jamoni wrote:Pretty sure he would have been sent to hospital after multiple chokeouts, if only for CYA purposes on the part of EMS and corrections. Risk of brain injury, swelling airway, etc.
Nope. Only if he complained about headaches. Cops as a rule could give a shit if you got choked out. I never sent anyone to the hospital after choking them out.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 am

Kutter_0311 wrote: I would itemize the shit out of that! TAP round, window pane, entertainment center, POS non-working TV... Charge him $5 for each choke-out you gave him instead of just shooting him in the head, too!
"Hand to hand combat instruction, private lessons, $60/hour." :)
Doc66, good to know.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Return to “Survival Experiences”