When people find out you're a prepper

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Re: When people find out you're a prepper

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

Maybe she's thinking of job security?
After all, if everyone is prepared... Image
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 pm

You could always quote the 72-hour kit suggestion FEMA has... :roll:

Lambykins
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead Meat (Birthday party with zombies! Coolest birthday EVER!!!)
28 Days and 28 Weeks Later...nicely gory.
Shaun of the Dead
Anything with Keanu Reeves...oh...he's NOT a zombie? Wow. Coulda fooled me...

Post by Lambykins » Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Tater Raider wrote:You could always quote the 72-hour kit suggestion FEMA has... :roll:
*laughing hysterically*
Dude...if you only knew....
Might as well tell you...
Can't tell you who/what she works for...but she helped write a few things similar (or possibly) exactly like that that you see on her particular employers website. :lol:
Every normal man must, at times, be tempted to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats -- HL Mencken

My zazzle: http://www.zazzle.com/fripperyfarm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; New line of Frippery Farm merchandise!
My blog: http://droptheshoe.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; My misadventures in farming and livestock raising!

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Sun May 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Lambykins wrote:
Tater Raider wrote:You could always quote the 72-hour kit suggestion FEMA has... :roll:
*laughing hysterically*
Dude...if you only knew....
Might as well tell you...
Can't tell you who/what she works for...but she helped write a few things similar (or possibly) exactly like that that you see on her particular employers website. :lol:
The cobbler's children have no shoes...
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

Mooha182

Post by Mooha182 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I am single and live alone in my apartment. My newish neighbors kinda already think I am nuts because I work all sorts of random hours and some days leave for work in military gear and others its business suit and tie or casual. They also got kinda spooked when some dumbarae set off the fire alarm the other night ans I was outside long before anyone else in full prep mode.

I play it off as being a military thing, outsoorsman, and a coupon shopper / bulk buyer.

Still doesn't quell the odd looks I get when unloading lots of food or explaining to the maintenance crew why I have all this stuff like ww3 is starting tomorrow.

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Actually, we were re-intrioduced to friends of friends who we had not seen in many years. Turns out we're both preppers! The mutual friends who reintroduced us are bemused. "I swear I have never heard the word 'prepper' out of either of you!"
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

Return to “Survival Experiences”