Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by TDW586 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:27 pm

So vic....is this how you normally start a conversation? You can see how people might find this whole thing a bit...odd, yes? Add in your whole self-intubation deep throat story, and frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
Image

User avatar
aus.templar
* * * * *
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by aus.templar » Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

TDW586 wrote:frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
Quote of the day!
shrapnel wrote:Shut the fuck up, you'll meet me and you'll like me or I'll fucking cut you. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote: I collect foodstuffs so that I can stay alive long enough to exhaust my ammo supply.
jamoni wrote: You win. I hope it helps you get chicks.
And on the eighth day Man forged a knife and took survival into his own hands.

User avatar
squinty
* * * * *
Posts: 5753
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by squinty » Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

aus.templar wrote:
TDW586 wrote:frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
Quote of the day!
Seeming like a freak on a site that celebrates Zombies...I don't want to start with the "one of us" chant...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

User avatar
BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by BullOnParade » Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 pm

squinty wrote:
aus.templar wrote:
TDW586 wrote:frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
Quote of the day!
Seeming like a freak on a site that celebrates Zombies...I don't want to start with the "one of us" chant...
Don't worry, someone else will do it for you ...
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

User avatar
squinty
* * * * *
Posts: 5753
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by squinty » Sun May 22, 2011 8:55 pm

And the thread goes on...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

User avatar
aus.templar
* * * * *
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by aus.templar » Sun May 22, 2011 8:59 pm

squinty wrote:And the thread goes on...
one of us one of us
one of us one of us
one of us one of us
shrapnel wrote:Shut the fuck up, you'll meet me and you'll like me or I'll fucking cut you. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote: I collect foodstuffs so that I can stay alive long enough to exhaust my ammo supply.
jamoni wrote: You win. I hope it helps you get chicks.
And on the eighth day Man forged a knife and took survival into his own hands.

mough
* * *
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by mough » Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 pm

[/quote]
I'd say it takes the average person 50 posts to catch onto the joke.[/quote]


Wait... there is a joke?

User avatar
aus.templar
* * * * *
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by aus.templar » Mon May 23, 2011 12:28 am

you're only at 34... you'll get there buddy
shrapnel wrote:Shut the fuck up, you'll meet me and you'll like me or I'll fucking cut you. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote: I collect foodstuffs so that I can stay alive long enough to exhaust my ammo supply.
jamoni wrote: You win. I hope it helps you get chicks.
And on the eighth day Man forged a knife and took survival into his own hands.

User avatar
squinty
* * * * *
Posts: 5753
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by squinty » Mon May 23, 2011 12:30 am

aus.templar wrote:you're only at 34... you'll get there buddy
We're all pullin' for ya...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13580
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 23, 2011 12:54 am

I think if I had started posting some of the strangest things that had happened to me here in first few posts it would have likely raised some eyebrows and fair amount of skepticism. When I first meet people I don't normally share combat experiences.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
Biggin
* * * * *
Posts: 3282
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 am
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Biggin » Mon May 23, 2011 1:29 am

I don't even want to THINK about my first posts.... lol

User avatar
squinty
* * * * *
Posts: 5753
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by squinty » Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 am

Man I cringe at stuff I'm not even finished typing yet...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Erik
* * * * *
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Erik » Mon May 23, 2011 5:15 am

squinty wrote:
aus.templar wrote:you're only at 34... you'll get there buddy
We're all pullin' for ya...
You know, for some people it never happens.

Meat N' Taters
* * * * *
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Meat N' Taters » Mon May 23, 2011 8:12 am

I can not vouch for the veracity of this story. I just wanted to take a brief moment to say that I am very sexy.

User avatar
T-Boon
* * *
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero FTW.
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by T-Boon » Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 am

I killed a mountain lion one time, fo real !

Unfortunately I have no survival stories, as all my various escapades have been very non life threatening.
Murph wrote:The mythical use of tampons to plug up bullet wounds was perpetuated by fanboys of Navy SEALS that heard they go out n get shot up, jam themselves full of kotex'es, hump 75lb rucks up hill both ways to and from the LZ, in monsoon rain, killing bad guys in hails of bullets shooting full auto from the hip,all the while chewin on a snake like beef jerky.

User avatar
Browning 35
BANNED
Posts: 4698
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:47 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man
Location: Texas

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Browning 35 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 am

ironvic52 wrote:We got there just as the surgeon pronounced Diane dead and he told us we would not be needed. He took one look at our suction unit and said, "Sorry guys for putting you through this, I think it wouldn't have helped much anyway." The other nurse was tucked near a desk surrounded by another team of medical personnel and she wasn't moving, they waved us off, too, so I assumed she was also deceased. The SWAT team leader left two guys with the docs and we immediately headed back so they could get us out of there safely and rejoin the hunt.
Wait a minute!!!
2nd Paragraph From Opening Post : On the 2nd floor X-ray department's floor, surgeons were operating on two female nurses and our job would be to use our portable suction unit to clear blood and fluids from their wide-open chest cavities while the nurses were being moved on the run to the operating room. We'd have to rush from nurse to nurse and not worry too much about cross contamination as this was the most serious and heart-breaking call I ever responded to. Just getting to the floor required a harrowing trip from the ER, carrying our gear, surrounded by about 7 SWAT team members.
So...did you use the suction unit or what?

Plus, exactly why were both of their chests 'wide-open' when 'Jane Wulfcek, 47, of Westchester, a nursing supervisor...was wounded in the face'???

Was it ordinary practice in 1975 for Doctors to crack the chests of patients who were wounded in the face? :wink:

I have no problem with people relating their personal experieces...actually in my mind it takes a lot of guts to do so.

It's just when that story makes EMS personel look like jackasses that I have somewhat of a problem and then I'll say DEFINITELY say something. I guess it's the same way that Police Officers resent their fat, donut-eating counterparts, how Security Guards dislike the 'Mall Ninja's' in their midst and so on...very few things irritate me as much as someone relating an 'EMS story' when nothing matches up.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

ironvic52
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by ironvic52 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 am

TDW586 wrote:So vic....is this how you normally start a conversation? You can see how people might find this whole thing a bit...odd, yes? Add in your whole self-intubation deep throat story, and frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
So, TDW, is this how you guys welcome a new guy (long time lurker BTW) by INVITING PERSONAL SURVIVAL STORIES, then slamming the newby. And, yes, I am a freak. I've seen ghosts and people thought I was a freak, until they saw them, too. I was killed once and went up the tunnel of light then got sent back to this prison we call earth and the cells we live our lives in, souls trapped inside a meat sack and don't even realize it. I'm a freak just like a lot of you guys. I just don't call a fellow member a freak not even realizing I used the comment to insuinate that I've seen combat, like you just did. Only a freak would use an avatar like that then criticiseNeat how you slipped that one in, bud.

Very rude dudes you are. BTW, love the costume on your avatar, what surplus store do you shop at? I loved the post by the Casper Milquetoast with his Gray man and Bug-out vest avatar slamming me. Every fantasy toy hanging from all new and polished very pretty like. I'd sure enjoy having him show as my back-up, yeah... Funny how you find this post odd and refer back to my second story about self intubation, and yes, I did give it to guys on a silver platter about Deep Throat to see if you were crass enuf to take the porno bait. You guys are as easy to draw out as a lumbering zombie on the old black and white Romero films. I'm going to enjoy my stay here and ain't going anwhere.

I plan on posting daily. I have personal survival stories about surviving an electrical fire on an airliner on final into Denver Int'l. How to survive when your workplace is haunted by numerous nasty ghosts and you're stuck there 15 feet in an underground bunker for 24 hours in a pressure cooker, and surviving a winter ice storm for 10 days straight with no electricity, heat or water and many others. I'm only 58 years old, but have seen and done a lot of things. For guys into CERT training, I have some good ideas about how to size up a house if the time ever comes when emergency services are overloaded and the neighbors have to fend for themselves.

And etiquette be damned, you DO NOT need to begin with baby posts and get your feet warm in any forum. You either lurk a while (which I have done until I decided to sign up) or jump right in and acclimate to the cold (in this case icy) waters. I have always just jumped right in. I will continue to do so on the many other forums I write on.

One good thing to come out of this thread was the link to the KWLA story. Funny how some of you guys still call me a liar even with concrete proof from UPI no less. But for that post I am grateful. Some of the guys at work thought it was bs when we trade war stories, now they can see how stuff happens that defies what people might think is normal. I tell them you have to be mentally prepped to react to the unbelievable when it's happening to you. Otherwise you freeze with indecision because what you're seeing just does not compute.

What I did find about 3 months ago when I started lurking here is this site isn't really about the belief in zombies, it's more of a preparedness kinda thing and survival when something far worse than zombies comes a knockin'. And no, I seldom if ever intro myself, you guys would only think I was lying anyway.

Oh, BTW, it is possible to intubate yourself. You need to be relaxed, coming out of anesthesia, have a skilled gass passer making eye contact, because timing is crucial and if he "gets it" knowing what you just did, he can finish the job because you got the tube past the swollen trache and he finishes placing it. When you think something's impossible because the "experts" say it is, you become a guy who only thinks inside the box. that's when you might as well just pack it in. You do not have the mindset to survive and you die.

Meat N' Taters
* * * * *
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Meat N' Taters » Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 am

FINISH HIM!

ironvic52
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by ironvic52 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am

Browning 35 wrote:
ironvic52 wrote:We got there just as the surgeon pronounced Diane dead and he told us we would not be needed. He took one look at our suction unit and said, "Sorry guys for putting you through this, I think it wouldn't have helped much anyway." The other nurse was tucked near a desk surrounded by another team of medical personnel and she wasn't moving, they waved us off, too, so I assumed she was also deceased. The SWAT team leader left two guys with the docs and we immediately headed back so they could get us out of there safely and rejoin the hunt.
Wait a minute!!!
2nd Paragraph From Opening Post : On the 2nd floor X-ray department's floor, surgeons were operating on two female nurses and our job would be to use our portable suction unit to clear blood and fluids from their wide-open chest cavities while the nurses were being moved on the run to the operating room. We'd have to rush from nurse to nurse and not worry too much about cross contamination as this was the most serious and heart-breaking call I ever responded to. Just getting to the floor required a harrowing trip from the ER, carrying our gear, surrounded by about 7 SWAT team members.
So...did you use the suction unit or what?

Plus, exactly why were both of their chests 'wide-open' when 'Jane Wulfcek, 47, of Westchester, a nursing supervisor...was wounded in the face'???

Was it ordinary practice in 1975 for Doctors to crack the chests of patients who were wounded in the face? :wink:

I have no problem with people relating their personal experieces...actually in my mind it takes a lot of guts to do so.

It's just when that story makes EMS personel look like jackasses that I have somewhat of a problem and then I'll say DEFINITELY say something. I guess it's the same way that Police Officers resent their fat, donut-eating counterparts, how Security Guards dislike the 'Mall Ninja's' in their midst and so on...very few things irritate me as much as someone relating an 'EMS story' when nothing matches up.
That was how I remembered it after all these years, so it isn't a lie. We were moving fast, got cancelled at the destination and scooted back to the command post. You do something like that, see something horrific happen to an innocent woman, it's chaos, you're haulin' ass to get there as fast as you can and surrounded by 7 guys wielding M-16s and have one stuck like glue to my side, with a shotgun he just showed you how to use if he gets shot. Yeah, it's a hot call, things are coming at you fast, you get a quick rundown of the facts as they know them, pieced together on the fly and you move. It was the cops who told us that the women were cut open on the floor and that's what I saw. Two women down, one right in front of me where they had just pronounced right then and the other surrounded by a surgical team as well next to a desk. The UPI story fully collaborates my own. I was there, though.That's why I wanted to find the UPI story, to see if remembered it right. Did use the suction or not? Go back and read my post. It's right there in black and white.

And, no I'm not fat. I like my doughnuts, though. And my coffee black. And I don't care if my partner's fat, a slob or crude. If I can count on him or her and they can count on me to do the right things, nothing else matters.

ironvic52
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by ironvic52 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:32 am

Auslander wrote:Only one nurse died, not both; I would also argue there's no way the suspect whipped out a "hunting rifle". I also have a hard time seeing a SWAT team repelling down the side of a building in 1975.
Yesterday's news, a woman whipped out a SWORD in a fast food joint. The article only said which of his weapons wern't used. It never said exactly what he shot the nurses with. the cops told me it was a rifle. So I guess they were liars, too, huh?

User avatar
BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by BullOnParade » Mon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

ironvic52 wrote:
TDW586 wrote:So vic....is this how you normally start a conversation? You can see how people might find this whole thing a bit...odd, yes? Add in your whole self-intubation deep throat story, and frankly...you kinda seem like a freak. No offense, just letting you know.
So, TDW, is this how you guys welcome a new guy (long time lurker BTW) by INVITING PERSONAL SURVIVAL STORIES, then slamming the newby. And, yes, I am a freak. I've seen ghosts and people thought I was a freak, until they saw them, too. I was killed once and went up the tunnel of light then got sent back to this prison we call earth and the cells we live our lives in, souls trapped inside a meat sack and don't even realize it. I'm a freak just like a lot of you guys. I just don't call a fellow member a freak not even realizing I used the comment to insuinate that I've seen combat, like you just did. Only a freak would use an avatar like that then criticiseNeat how you slipped that one in, bud.

Very rude dudes you are. BTW, love the costume on your avatar, what surplus store do you shop at? I loved the post by the Casper Milquetoast with his Gray man and Bug-out vest avatar slamming me. Every fantasy toy hanging from all new and polished very pretty like. I'd sure enjoy having him show as my back-up, yeah... Funny how you find this post odd and refer back to my second story about self intubation, and yes, I did give it to guys on a silver platter about Deep Throat to see if you were crass enuf to take the porno bait. You guys are as easy to draw out as a lumbering zombie on the old black and white Romero films. I'm going to enjoy my stay here and ain't going anwhere.

I plan on posting daily. I have personal survival stories about surviving an electrical fire on an airliner on final into Denver Int'l. How to survive when your workplace is haunted by numerous nasty ghosts and you're stuck there 15 feet in an underground bunker for 24 hours in a pressure cooker, and surviving a winter ice storm for 10 days straight with no electricity, heat or water and many others. I'm only 58 years old, but have seen and done a lot of things. For guys into CERT training, I have some good ideas about how to size up a house if the time ever comes when emergency services are overloaded and the neighbors have to fend for themselves.

And etiquette be damned, you DO NOT need to begin with baby posts and get your feet warm in any forum. You either lurk a while (which I have done until I decided to sign up) or jump right in and acclimate to the cold (in this case icy) waters. I have always just jumped right in. I will continue to do so on the many other forums I write on.

One good thing to come out of this thread was the link to the KWLA story. Funny how some of you guys still call me a liar even with concrete proof from UPI no less. But for that post I am grateful. Some of the guys at work thought it was bs when we trade war stories, now they can see how stuff happens that defies what people might think is normal. I tell them you have to be mentally prepped to react to the unbelievable when it's happening to you. Otherwise you freeze with indecision because what you're seeing just does not compute.

What I did find about 3 months ago when I started lurking here is this site isn't really about the belief in zombies, it's more of a preparedness kinda thing and survival when something far worse than zombies comes a knockin'. And no, I seldom if ever intro myself, you guys would only think I was lying anyway.

Oh, BTW, it is possible to intubate yourself. You need to be relaxed, coming out of anesthesia, have a skilled gass passer making eye contact, because timing is crucial and if he "gets it" knowing what you just did, he can finish the job because you got the tube past the swollen trache and he finishes placing it. When you think something's impossible because the "experts" say it is, you become a guy who only thinks inside the box. that's when you might as well just pack it in. You do not have the mindset to survive and you die.
Okay then ... I skimmed over this post, I'll start with the attack on me personally; My avatar isn't me, it's from a PS3 commercial, the game being advertised is Socom 4, YouTube Kevin Butler to see all of his ads. Look at my avatar, now look at my tacvest, look at my avatar, sadly, that isn't my tacvest.

Do I need a tacvest? No. Will I ever need a fighting rig? God, I hope not. I own it entirely for Mall Ninjary and other fun things, It's also fun to wear to fundraisers and the local zombie walks.

Is this how we treat the noobs? Not always. Some people hold off on the crazy for a LITTLE while. Look through the thread graveyard for introduction threads, some probably still have hot embers from how badly people got flamed.

Can someone bury this already? I get a laugh every time it jumps to the top of my post list, but now it's just getting painful. I'm going to boycott it now actually, have a pleasant afternoon.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by TDW586 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 am

ironvic52 wrote:So, TDW, is this how you guys welcome a new guy (long time lurker BTW) by INVITING PERSONAL SURVIVAL STORIES, then slamming the newby. And, yes, I am a freak. I've seen ghosts and people thought I was a freak, until they saw them, too. I was killed once and went up the tunnel of light then got sent back to this prison we call earth and the cells we live our lives in, souls trapped inside a meat sack and don't even realize it. I'm a freak just like a lot of you guys. I just don't call a fellow member a freak not even realizing I used the comment to insuinate that I've seen combat, like you just did. Only a freak would use an avatar like that then criticiseNeat how you slipped that one in, bud.

Very rude dudes you are. BTW, love the costume on your avatar, what surplus store do you shop at? I loved the post by the Casper Milquetoast with his Gray man and Bug-out vest avatar slamming me. Every fantasy toy hanging from all new and polished very pretty like. I'd sure enjoy having him show as my back-up, yeah... Funny how you find this post odd and refer back to my second story about self intubation, and yes, I did give it to guys on a silver platter about Deep Throat to see if you were crass enuf to take the porno bait. You guys are as easy to draw out as a lumbering zombie on the old black and white Romero films. I'm going to enjoy my stay here and ain't going anwhere.

I plan on posting daily. I have personal survival stories about surviving an electrical fire on an airliner on final into Denver Int'l. How to survive when your workplace is haunted by numerous nasty ghosts and you're stuck there 15 feet in an underground bunker for 24 hours in a pressure cooker, and surviving a winter ice storm for 10 days straight with no electricity, heat or water and many others. I'm only 58 years old, but have seen and done a lot of things. For guys into CERT training, I have some good ideas about how to size up a house if the time ever comes when emergency services are overloaded and the neighbors have to fend for themselves.

And etiquette be damned, you DO NOT need to begin with baby posts and get your feet warm in any forum. You either lurk a while (which I have done until I decided to sign up) or jump right in and acclimate to the cold (in this case icy) waters. I have always just jumped right in. I will continue to do so on the many other forums I write on.

One good thing to come out of this thread was the link to the KWLA story. Funny how some of you guys still call me a liar even with concrete proof from UPI no less. But for that post I am grateful. Some of the guys at work thought it was bs when we trade war stories, now they can see how stuff happens that defies what people might think is normal. I tell them you have to be mentally prepped to react to the unbelievable when it's happening to you. Otherwise you freeze with indecision because what you're seeing just does not compute.

What I did find about 3 months ago when I started lurking here is this site isn't really about the belief in zombies, it's more of a preparedness kinda thing and survival when something far worse than zombies comes a knockin'. And no, I seldom if ever intro myself, you guys would only think I was lying anyway.

Oh, BTW, it is possible to intubate yourself. You need to be relaxed, coming out of anesthesia, have a skilled gass passer making eye contact, because timing is crucial and if he "gets it" knowing what you just did, he can finish the job because you got the tube past the swollen trache and he finishes placing it. When you think something's impossible because the "experts" say it is, you become a guy who only thinks inside the box. that's when you might as well just pack it in. You do not have the mindset to survive and you die.
Vic, again to be perfectly frank, I have no opinion whatsoever on whether your stories are true or not. They might be, they might not be, I have no way to find out which and I really don't care. I'm very glad for you that you've had an eventful and interesting life. That being said, I don't find your stories very interesting so far, I hope that doesn't offend you.

I posted simply to let you know how your actions come off to others, and explain to you why they are reacting the way they are. If you don't care how they react, then more power to you, carry on. From your numerous, lengthy posts defending yourself, though, it seems like you do care. I offered a handy bit of info, you're welcome to take it or leave it. I won't be offended either way.

You did make a couple of comments in this post I'd like to address, though. First of all, I'm really not sure how my post "implied that I've seen combat". As a matter of fact, I am a veteran of OIF and am currently active duty in the United States Marine Corps, but that's really not relevant in any way to this thread, and I don't think I mentioned it. My post was only a few sentences, and nowhere did I mention combat in any way, shape or form. As for your comments on my avatar, I shop at several surplus shops, gear is a hobby of mine. However, the items I'm wearing there are mostly issued; an OTV ballistic vest with SAPI plates, and a USMC LWH (Lightweight Helmet). Not exactly high speed gear, but it's what my unit issues me. I'm in civilian clothing under that, which is common in my current assignment. I hope that clears it up for you.

Have a good day, man.
Image

User avatar
Finch
* * * * *
Posts: 6273
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Finch » Mon May 23, 2011 12:04 pm

post a news story related to this event and you can tell us where to shove our BS flags :)
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Meat N' Taters
* * * * *
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Needed a gun and didn't have a gun

Post by Meat N' Taters » Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm

FINCH WINS. FATALITY

Locked

Return to “Survival Experiences”