The Day of EDC Victory

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Catshooter
*
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Catshooter » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:36 pm

[quote="mystic_1Do you believe that all safety precautions are pointless then?

mystic_1[/quote]


Nope. Continuine this converstation is though. Good night.


Cat

User avatar
spyderco monkey
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by spyderco monkey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:30 am

Kyle Ryder wrote: Dang!
If that's how it went down you the man!
Did you top off the victory with getting the girl at the end of it?? :D
Thanks man, but I have a life tip for everyone here- lockpicks are useful for many things, but getting laid is not one one of them.

Here's how the rest of the night unfolded:

We return to the party, where the girl confers with her friends, and tells them how smoothly I pimped that lock. Then there's an awkward pause, and one of the girls is like, "so, does that mean he could pick his way into our apartment?" Despite my Lacoste polo and cheerful demeanor, despite the fact that I had saved the day, the fact that I could conceivably enter their house (to do what? I was already there and had drank all their booze) was sufficient to plant me firmly in the creeper column. And the creeper column is the anti-pussy.

But the night continued to plunge deeper into the fail column from the ecstatic highs of my EDC victory. We had viewed this party as a "pre-game," a place where we would get sufficiently lubricated for some grinding at the nightclub. Well, I had about 5 jack and cokes within the space of about 45 minutes for reasons that remain unclear to me; I weigh 170lbs. So, at the time of the moment of EDC victory (shortly after my 4th drink and 30 minutes after my first) I was at the perfect level of tipsy tomfoolery to be both charming in tounge and nimble of finger.

Thats because the alcohol had barely began to diffuse into my bloodstream. Fast forward an hour and half, and I'm at a rap club (imagine rap so shitty they cant even be played in the US so their exported across to europe, in a basement filled with cigarette smoke.) I'm here to meet a very lovely girl who I had charmed the week earlier with my smooth dance moves-im not kidding, I am actually a pretty decent dancer, and it was oficialy on with this girl according to her friends, as sure of a "sure thing" as I have ever had the chance to ruin.

Well, nothing like alcohol to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! I get to the club, and now I can't dance worth a shit. The girl, who moments before had been so happy to see me, watches in dismay as I bust moves with all the charm and carisma of an ice cream cone melting in the sun. After about 20 minutes, I learn that, on top of it all, its this chicks birthday. Not wanting to ruin her night, I tell her quite politley "ah thin I had a bit too much to drink," gave her a hug, and fled into the night, never to see her again. She flew off to Luxumberg a week later and all I have is these life lessons to impart to you.

1-Preps won't get you laid.
2- Large quantities of Alcohol does not improve dancing.
“Few will understand me, but I write for the connoisseurs, trusting that they will not be offended by the confidence of my opinions.” Field Marshal Maurice Comte de Saxe, My Reveries, 1732

For honest, in-depth gear reviews, please visit:
http://www.good-kit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by 0122358 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

spyderco monkey wrote:
Kyle Ryder wrote: Dang!
If that's how it went down you the man!
Did you top off the victory with getting the girl at the end of it?? :D
Thanks man, but I have a life tip for everyone here- lockpicks are useful for many things, but getting laid is not one one of them.

Here's how the rest of the night unfolded:

We return to the party, where the girl confers with her friends, and tells them how smoothly I pimped that lock. Then there's an awkward pause, and one of the girls is like, "so, does that mean he could pick his way into our apartment?" Despite my Lacoste polo and cheerful demeanor, despite the fact that I had saved the day, the fact that I could conceivably enter their house (to do what? I was already there and had drank all their booze) was sufficient to plant me firmly in the creeper column. And the creeper column is the anti-pussy.

But the night continued to plunge deeper into the fail column from the ecstatic highs of my EDC victory. We had viewed this party as a "pre-game," a place where we would get sufficiently lubricated for some grinding at the nightclub. Well, I had about 5 jack and cokes within the space of about 45 minutes for reasons that remain unclear to me; I weigh 170lbs. So, at the time of the moment of EDC victory (shortly after my 4th drink and 30 minutes after my first) I was at the perfect level of tipsy tomfoolery to be both charming in tounge and nimble of finger.

Thats because the alcohol had barely began to diffuse into my bloodstream. Fast forward an hour and half, and I'm at a rap club (imagine rap so shitty they cant even be played in the US so their exported across to europe, in a basement filled with cigarette smoke.) I'm here to meet a very lovely girl who I had charmed the week earlier with my smooth dance moves-im not kidding, I am actually a pretty decent dancer, and it was oficialy on with this girl according to her friends, as sure of a "sure thing" as I have ever had the chance to ruin.

Well, nothing like alcohol to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! I get to the club, and now I can't dance worth a shit. The girl, who moments before had been so happy to see me, watches in dismay as I bust moves with all the charm and carisma of an ice cream cone melting in the sun. After about 20 minutes, I learn that, on top of it all, its this chicks birthday. Not wanting to ruin her night, I tell her quite politley "ah thin I had a bit too much to drink," gave her a hug, and fled into the night, never to see her again. She flew off to Luxumberg a week later and all I have is these life lessons to impart to you.

1-Preps won't get you laid.
2- Large quantities of Alcohol does not improve dancing.
dude... :gonk:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

run faster
* * *
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am
Location: not here

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by run faster » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:22 pm

ouch lol thats pretty bad

User avatar
allofthemonkeys
* * *
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Utah

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by allofthemonkeys » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Sorry to rez a semi dead thread. Last night, when my wife was dropping me off at work, I locked the keys in the car. She had left her keys and was planning to use mine. As we were several miles from home, at night, she did not want to walk home to get the spare. We tried prying open a partially open window wider, to no avail. We thought about finding a coat hanger. Then an idea popped into my head, "What about my multitool?"

So I retrieved it from my backpack, and found a slotted screwdriver bit. I placed it in the lock and turned. It unlocked my door! It actually worked better than the key did. Kudos to my ghetto car, but now I wonder about my car's security.
When I was born, they told me the chance of getting out of this life alive was slim.

younggun85
*
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by younggun85 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18 am

It's ok you can force most car door locks like that they just take more effort (hammer and vise grips on the screw driver). Locks only keep out the honest people.

User avatar
KnightoftheRoc
* * * * *
Posts: 4289
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:04 am

allofthemonkeys wrote:Sorry to rez a semi dead thread. Last night, when my wife was dropping me off at work, I locked the keys in the car. She had left her keys and was planning to use mine. As we were several miles from home, at night, she did not want to walk home to get the spare. We tried prying open a partially open window wider, to no avail. We thought about finding a coat hanger. Then an idea popped into my head, "What about my multitool?"

So I retrieved it from my backpack, and found a slotted screwdriver bit. I placed it in the lock and turned. It unlocked my door! It actually worked better than the key did. Kudos to my ghetto car, but now I wonder about my car's security.
If you opened the lock that easily, your car doesn't HAVE any security.
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

wulfen
*
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by wulfen » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm

This afternoon I was at the store with my brother and son. Suddenly people start rushing outside and pulling out cameras. We had already paid and were heading out anyhow so when we got outside and I looked to my left. I then saw the biggest dirt storm I've ever seen.

I live in west Texas I've seen dust storms, dust devils, and I have seen it rain mud but I had never seen this. For any who have seen the fog it was very much like that except that it was brown and bigger.

Well we got the the car and I got my son into his car and grabbed my bag from the back seat and hopped into the front seat. About thirty seconds later the dirt storm hit and in about fifteen seconds day time turned to night time and the lights on the building, in the parking lot and on the streets starting flickering on. I could see the glow of them all but my visibility was about thirty to thirty five feet. At this point I turned around and put a bandana from the my bag on the kiddo to help block some of the dirt, he was less than thrilled, and I also pulled on my own filter mask. I turned the car on and turned off the ac and decided to head home. The drive was slow and steady but we made decent time and once home got inside quickly. All with the lovely benefit of not having to eat mounds of dirt.

THa bandan worked alright but does anyone have a source for children sized filter masks?

User avatar
duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 2951
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by duodecima » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:06 am

Not nearly as impressive - but the birthday party at state park a half hour from all our houses yesterday had party favors that were apparently not possible to open with the usual application of human teeth and/or fingernails. Voila cheapo mini multitool that lives in purse. (No, no one else had anything sharp :gonk: )

(And I'd buy some kid size n-95's too if anyone knows where to get them...)
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

User avatar
Silent Kube
* * * * *
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:36 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of Romero's work, Shaun Of The Dead, Pretty much anything that keeps the reason for the outbreak somewhat vague.
Location: Rapid City, SD
Contact:

The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Silent Kube » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 am

My gf's best friend always teases me about all the shit I carry. A couple weeks ago we took her nephew who is about a year old to a screening of the great pumpkin. He started getting fussy so she pulled out his food but didnt have anything to feed him with. Out comes my LMF spork. Unfortunately she still gives me shit for all the shit I carry.
If you're going through hell; keep going... ~Winston Churchill

Forgive your enemies. But remember their names.

Non semper erit aestas
Jeriah wrote:I think we're all pretty much just bullshitting here, which is what the Internet is for. Besides porn.

User avatar
squinty
* * * * *
Posts: 5753
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by squinty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 am

EDC all star the past couple months? Cheapo adjustable wrench. Stuck it in my back pocket after a job one day, wound up needing it for something later that afternoon, and a coupla days after that. Pulled it out as much or more then the screwdriver bits on my multitool.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

kbilly84
* * * * *
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 am

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by kbilly84 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:03 am

My spare keys (I stash the things like squirrels stash nuts in the fall - wallet, folks' place, home, EDC bag, etc) have saved my ass so many times it's ridiculous.

I've had a reputation most my life of being "that guy" that always has a pen, lighter, blade, flashlight, or whatever, that someone needs.

My current EDC bag is a an OGIO messenger-type laptop bag. The strap connectors on each side were crap, and both came apart. Out comes the 550 cord. 15 minutes later, I had a solid wrap connecting the remaining D-rings that's now lasted more than a year-and-a half. As I was finishing up, I realized that all my co-workers were staring at me like I had just simultaneously solved the economy and performed major brain surgery. I simply said "550 cord" and went on about my day.

basmith42
*
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:58 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
28 Days series.
Location: Strongsville, Ohio

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by basmith42 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 pm

a few days ago, I lent my leatherman to my company's maintenance guy to do some quick repairs on some chairs and desks while he was in my department.
I don't blame him for not having anything on him to do the work- he was on his way to lunch and got sidetracked.
- Strongsville, Oh. CERT Team
- Cleveland, Oh. Red Cross Disaster Activation Team.

User avatar
Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...
Location: Wild West Germany
Contact:

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Smü » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 am

Victory two-fold!

1) Daddy of the Day Victory.
There's a german customs called "St. Martin's Day". Kids built little lanterns in (pre)school, line up, sing songs and celebrate good ole' altruistic behaviour of a dude dead for 1000 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Martin%27s_Day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The wee ones don't get candles in their lanterns, as recent scientific research has shown that fire could be dangerous. So Smueling and the gang end up with electric lights. Happens that Smueling's LED light is crap and malfunctioning. I installed my LED Lenser P2 in the lantern and she had the brightest lantern after that.

Had some looks full of "WTF" coming from a few of the hockey moms.

2) Teaching 'em young Victory
I recently went on a walk with dog and kid, where we had emptied my water bottle, some of the snacks I had in my bag and we're discovering bugs and critters, which demanded use of my leatherman. My 3 year old daughter came home, disappeared in her room and returned with a little bright colored backpack and stated that this is her adventure bag "Just like Daddy's!". She demanded that she get "adventurer stuff" in there. So far, she has her own little aluminium water bottle in there (in bright pink, mind you ...), an emergency teddy bear (for the times you really need a friend) and some cheap home depot cord. Way to go.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

User avatar
ancient_serpent
* * *
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:10 am

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by ancient_serpent » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:56 am

While not a direct, single event, I still count this as a win. My wife commutes quite a bit enroute to school and other family stuff as we live a bit outside of city limits. I always brought my GHB with me and it came in handy on several occasions: multitools for assembling our daughters furniture, flashlights when the power went out in a store (Surefire E2 Defender in my pocket), etc. Eventually, she asked me to put one together for her car, specifically set up for her. So, I got her a Maxpedition shoulder bag, and filled it up with stuff that should come in handy: flashlights, spare batteries, Gerber multitool, Spyderco Endura, spare mags for her Glock, water bottles, etc.

User avatar
angelofwar
* * * * *
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by angelofwar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:52 am

I always carry a light...just not necessarily an uber bright tactical one to work...until...

EDC Victory #1

Driving back from work around 2300hrs, I see one or two cars stopped with their flasher approx. 100-200' past some rail-road tracks...then I cross them, and"thunk" something hits my car...I pull over, look behind me, and see a bunch of rocks laying in the road..."Friggin' punks!!!". I bust out my Surefire LX2, and throw it on high. I sweep the whole area from a safe distance...top of the tree's, base of the tree's, up and down the tracks...giving them the appearance that I knew I was looking for them...I'm sure they ran off. 6 months have passed, and I have yet to see any more rocks laying in the road at any time of the night. I guess I scared them enough.

EDC Victory #2

In Iraq, we had been getting attacked quite a bit...I'm in the Laundry tent with about 30 other people waiting on my clothes...out goes the power (it actually happened quite a bit...but, some people are incapable of learning, or even thinking for them selves). 1 or 2 people bust out there little Inova clip lights...there's one or two "Aww man...that's cool...can I use it real quick...". I sit for a few more seconds enjoying the buffoonery, and contemplating whether or not I should...hell, why not... I bust out my Surefire L4, and point it at the ceiling of the tent...THE WHOLE PLACE LIGHTS UP! After a few "Damn, that's bright", the whole tent continues to go about their business, uninhibited by the darkness.

I too am "That Guy" that has everything when needed...other than what's in my pockets and back-pack, I use a Spec-Ops pass-port neck holder for my badge I have to wear at work. In it is some bad-aids, a Byrd pen-knife, knife sharpener, Leatherman Micraetc. When power goes out at work, every comes to me for lights...even the guys that had to borrow one during the last power outage.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Image

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 pm

yep I'm guilty of being that guy too. So guilty that every girl I've dated for the last 10 years has gotten a present of a backpack of useful stuff to keep in their trunks.

I carry e2dl surefire, leatherman, pocket knife, wine key, paracord lanyard thingy on my keychain, allen wrenches for all my optics in my wallet, and more stuff I usually forget I have until I need it.

The allen wrenches have come in handy at the range. One time a guy was going up and down the line desperate to see if anyone had one (just got there and paid and his shit wasn't working and needed removed or something.) "There's no way you have one, but do you happen to have an allen wrench that will fit this?" I pop open my wallet and pop out 5 different sizes for him to try. He was friggin stunned haha.

Flashlight gets used all the time, pocket knife is necessary with all the boxes I deal with, leatherman got busted out just this weekend to unscrew a kid's present from the box it came in. Wtf is with kid's toys being screwed to cardboard? I also carry a pen (holy crap does that get borrowed a lot) and one of those fatty contractor sharpies in case I need to triage my dumb ass friends or just draw on their faces when they pass out.

I edc a backpack. Good fak, backup supplies, SPORK!, snacks, gorilla tape, yada yada. Booboo kit came in super handy when a little hotty at work was limping around. Asked what was wrong and said her new shoes gave her a wicked blister on her heel. Damn right I have some moleskin in there! I bust out the backpack and the booboo kit. I usually preface the unveiling with 'everybody always makes fun of this until they need it'. She said it seemed smart to her. I'm always glad I have some excedrin in there when I feel a migraine coming on. I am totally adding tp soon.

Most recent win was trip to San Fran. I checked a bag specifically because there was no way I was going without a knife, bad enough I couldn't carry a pistol. Anyway, I broke down my edc bag into the bag I was checking, and sent most everything that wouldn't land me in gitmo. While in SanFran in my rental car, I realized I couldn't find shit because I was used to looking up at my rearview mirror that has a compass in it in my personal vehicle. Well shit, good thing I keep a compass in my edc that I also happened to pack! Really helped my first day until I got a couple cross streets figured out as reference.

I'd be a lot less useful or interesting I think if everyone carried all this stuff. Let's not give them too hard a time :lol:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
mobilesuithomer
* *
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:07 pm
Location: Eastern Indiana

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by mobilesuithomer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 am

I can think of a couple of times, both of them a year or two ago.

The first one was when a price gun got jammed (happens on a somewhat regular basis) at my summer job. Then this happened:

Cousin: Hey MSH, do you have a pair of tweezers on you?

[beat]

Me: Yes.

Cousin (speaking to someone else): See, I asked him because I knew he would have some tweezers on him.

He then proceeded to clear up the paper jam.

The second one was at the same job. The power went out, so I got out my Rayovac $2.99 plus tax 3-AAA flashlight from Wally World and continued working. (It wasn't very dark, but I needed to see at the back of a bin to stack some stuff.)

I never said they were interesting stories.

User avatar
Fu Shen
* *
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '78
DotD '84
Shaun of the Dead
Night of the Living Dorks
Among others
Location: Brew City, USA

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Fu Shen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:49 pm

TheLastOne wrote:. . . Wtf is with kid's toys being screwed to cardboard? . . .
Unattended children in stores. Bolt that shit in or some kid is gonna take it out of the package, guaranteed.

I wish I could add something to the topic, but my stuff is pretty mundane. Flashlight and box cutter FTW. Multitool has saved the day a few times, too.

User avatar
Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:14 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:54 pm

TheLastOne wrote:While in SanFran in my rental car, I realized I couldn't find shit because I was used to looking up at my rearview mirror that has a compass in it in my personal vehicle.
Yeah I miss that like crazy.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

User avatar
bcvojak
* *
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by bcvojak » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Other than the typical knife of flashlight usages, my two best EDCs were:

Seattle in the evening. Wife, 10 month old daughter in stroller and I walking from our car to a restaurant. 5-6 street thugs (~17-20 year old) who thought that our money should be their money. OOPS! He has a gun. . . RUN!!

Motel room in Wendover Utah. My wife, our Black Lab and I were in the room. Three guys who decided to try and kick in the door to our room at 2 am. I'll let you use your imagination as to why, as I never actually got to speak to them to find out why they were knocking on our door with their feet. . OOPS! He has a gun and a 80 pound pissed off dog with big teeth. . . RUN!!

Legal possession/carry of a firearm in both cases. . .
No one shot, no police reports filed. . .
BCVojak
Pacific NW

Crazy Wolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 pm
Location: Sacto, CA

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by Crazy Wolf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm

bcvojak wrote:Other than the typical knife of flashlight usages, my two best EDCs were:

Seattle in the evening. Wife, 10 month old daughter in stroller and I walking from our car to a restaurant. 5-6 street thugs (~17-20 year old) who thought that our money should be their money. OOPS! He has a gun. . . RUN!!

Motel room in Wendover Utah. My wife, our Black Lab and I were in the room. Three guys who decided to try and kick in the door to our room at 2 am. I'll let you use your imagination as to why, as I never actually got to speak to them to find out why they were knocking on our door with their feet. . OOPS! He has a gun and a 80 pound pissed off dog with big teeth. . . RUN!!

Legal possession/carry of a firearm in both cases. . .
No one shot, no police reports filed. . .
I'm glad you exist. With you having that kind of luck with crime, statistically I'm in the clear :D
Nim's text key: SARCASM, WTF R U DOIN, Nice, I like, Inane statement
The phrase "surgical strike" might be more acceptable if it were common to perform surgery with high explosives. (G. Carlin)
ImageImage

User avatar
spyderco monkey
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by spyderco monkey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:29 am

Surprised and pleased to see this thread is still kicking about.

Some great EDC victories in here, helps keep "all that junk" we carry in perspective. 8-)

My most recent, noteworthy EDC victory was at a friends house, where I noticed her IKEA dresser was literally falling apart, with drawers breaking into pieces. The first drawer I fixed by using my Leatherman Squirt to tighten up all the screws, then reinforcing everything with my keychain duct tape.

The second drawer was actually really satisfying, because it had been improperly manufactured, and the particleboard bottom part of the drawer physically could not fit into the cut slot on the front of the drawer. Out pops the little leatherman file, and I proceed to saw/ file a new trench for the particleboard to fit into.

That was two months ago, and her dresser still works better than it ever did before. :D
“Few will understand me, but I write for the connoisseurs, trusting that they will not be offended by the confidence of my opinions.” Field Marshal Maurice Comte de Saxe, My Reveries, 1732

For honest, in-depth gear reviews, please visit:
http://www.good-kit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
angelofwar
* * * * *
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Re: The Day of EDC Victory

Post by angelofwar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:22 am

spyderco monkey wrote:Surprised and pleased to see this thread is still kicking about.

keychain duct tape.
That sounds neat! Got pics or a link to a "how-to"???
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Survival Experiences”