UPDATED! - Beginning an English Redneck

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

razi

Re: My own little PAW or beginning an English Redneck

Post by razi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:17 pm

your brother isn't very bright, is he?

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:15 pm

razi wrote:your brother isn't very bright, is he?
He is a genius at what he does, drumming, guitar and violin, and film/literary criticism (3 A's and inti his 2nd year of uni). A better man to have at my back in a pinch I cannot think of, he just his stubborn as a mule and is a product of both British boarding schools and the roughest inner city dumping grounds. And a bitter divorce, the internal feuding over is why we live in the 8 acres of garden in a trailer, than in the 'Big House'.
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 33&t=26549 this is bug in location 2
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

razi

Post by razi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:45 pm

I know people like that. It sounds like you need a better line of reasoning to convince him that it's a good idea, and a large dose of luck.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Nothing like 80 litres of water to make a man feel better. Pipes thawed today, having closed up again, even with insulation lagging. 30 litres drinking and 50 litres grey, as we don't know what the big container used to hold.
My Guide to Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Ad'lan wrote:but It's already been established that I'm an English Redneck!
And are counted as amongst the finest folk known the world over! 8)

From a fellow Redneck on the other side of the pond, I feel for you brother. Good on you for soldiering on, and taking responsibility for prepping as well you can. Keep your chin up mate.

Now, about the skirting, Zombie Granny is correct; I myself live in a luxourious double wide on our little spread in the sticks. We have the dark grey rock-look skirting HERE, and let me assure you, it looks pretty damn good compared to more traditional skirting designs. It actually looks quite real from more than a few meters away.

Most manly indeed... :D
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

goblin
Favorite Zombie Movies: The original day of the dead!

Post by goblin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Isn't what you descibed considered "middle-class". Hooray for social democracy!
"Just kickin' a can down the road to Hell."
"Real zombies CAN"T run!!"

Visit http://www.urbansurvivalstrategies.forumsland.com/

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm

goblin wrote:Isn't what you descibed considered "middle-class". Hooray for social democracy!
No.

Aren't you just being a twat and breaking the forum rules by delving into politics?
Man is a beast of prey

goblin

Post by goblin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:32 pm

the_alias wrote:
goblin wrote:Isn't what you descibed considered "middle-class". Hooray for social democracy!
No.

Aren't you just being a twat and breaking the forum rules by delving into politics?
Lighten up alias...it's a joke! Do I really have to put a Smiley Face at the end to avoid your rebuffs?

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 am

goblin wrote: Lighten up alias...it's a joke! Do I really have to put a Smiley Face at the end to avoid your rebuffs?
Yes, yes you do. We may winge and grumble about the problems with our country, but it's our country. On ZS, we don't insult the US with subtle digs in a healthcare thread, or such like, watch where you stepp in jibes, make sure we know you are just taking the piss.

And if you actually wanted to comment on the welfare states roll in this, it's much easier than insulting our standard of living, instead perhaps the fact that were I not working, I would have it much easier. Housing benefit would cover rent, or accomodation in some grotty council run flats (worse company, but hot/cold running water, cooker and heating). I could go on the lost tomwait forma council house. Unemployed former housemates are in better housing than me. of course I have a lncome, benefits is pretty quickly burned by most in my experience.

Also, mock not the class structure. I may be living in a single wide, but by Jove I'm middle class and appearances will be kept up! ;)
My Guide to Fletching

Shaper
Night of the living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil

Post by Shaper » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:26 am

Ad'lan wrote:
goblin wrote: Lighten up alias...it's a joke! Do I really have to put a Smiley Face at the end to avoid your rebuffs?
Yes, yes you do. We may winge and grumble about the problems with our country, but it's our country. On ZS, we don't insult the US with subtle digs in a healthcare thread, or such like, watch where you stepp in jibes, make sure we know you are just taking the piss.

And if you actually wanted to comment on the welfare states roll in this, it's much easier than insulting our standard of living, instead perhaps the fact that were I not working, I would have it much easier. Housing benefit would cover rent, or accomodation in some grotty council run flats (worse company, but hot/cold running water, cooker and heating). I could go on the lost tomwait forma council house. Unemployed former housemates are in better housing than me. of course I have a lncome, benefits is pretty quickly burned by most in my experience.

Also, mock not the class structure. I may be living in a single wide, but by Jove I'm middle class and appearances will be kept up! ;)

Nice to see that you are remaining positive in the face of adversity. Keep that up, and your situation will have to improve. You take care.

Stiff upper lip and all of that. ;)

U.S. ARMY 11B1P 3rd US INF(TOG) 96-00
U.S. ARMY 94F10 101st 3rd BCT Now

Epulamur libenter eos qui nos subiungeant
________ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us _______

goblin

Post by goblin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 am

Ad'lan wrote:

Uh... wasn't that what I just said? :? Look... I get it! I'm spreading the eggshells on the floor... Jees!

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 am

goblin wrote: Uh... wasn't that what I just said? :? Look... I get it! I'm spreading the eggshells on the floor... Jees!
:lol:
No, this is what you said:
Implying my current circumstances were middle class, and therefor, actually better than the normal living standard in the UK, which they are not. And then you implied that social democracy is to blame for said . Leaving aside the the politics around that comment (feel free to PM me, if anyone is interested in my thoughts on the comment's politics). No, your words are almost exactly the opposite of what I said. I explained that the actual situation was that even the welfare system generally does better than my and my trailer mates current situation (perhaps the hooray would be appropriate there :wink: )

We have all fallen through various cracks in the system, but it's partly our fault too (and we are a pretty unusual bunch as well), however, I doubt my current nation and it's politics has any relevance to the discussion, even as humour, missing it's smilies.
My Guide to Fletching

goblin

Post by goblin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 am

Ad'lan wrote:
goblin wrote: Uh... wasn't that what I just said? :? Look... I get it! I'm spreading the eggshells on the floor... Jees!
No, this is what you said:
Implying my current circumstances were middle class, and therefor, actually better than the normal living standard in the UK, which they are not. And then you implied that social democracy is to blame for said . Leaving aside the the politics around that comment (feel free to PM me, if anyone is interested in my thoughts on the comment's politics). No, your words are almost exactly the opposite of what I said. I explained that the actual situation was that even the welfare system generally does better than my and my trailer mates current situation (perhaps the hooray would be appropriate there :wink: )

We have all fallen through various cracks in the system, but it's partly our fault too (and we are a pretty unusual bunch as well), however, I doubt my current nation and it's politics has any relevance to the discussion, even as humour, missing it's smilies.
Well...only one thing left to do! (puts gun to own head...)

razi

Post by razi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:24 am

No no, the only thing left to do is follow a long-standing British tradition and invade France!

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

goblin wrote: Well...only one thing left to do! (puts gun to own head...)
Or just buy us a pint :wink:

But yeah Ad'lan summed it up all very nicely. Still no harm, no foul!
Man is a beast of prey

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 pm

the_alias wrote:
The Pint Solves All, 20 Blessed Fluid Ounces of Delicious Beer, We'll even accept an American pint (16 Fluid Ounces that is, not a pint of American Beer* ;) ).

*Microbreweries excepted, and there for accepted.

Alias and I tend to bite back hard on jibes about the UK (I'm pretty sure we've both beened warned about it :D ), So I apologuise if we over stepped it, but it's because far too often we've encountered people going from using the Uk as an example in an argument, too distorting the UK's reality to better serve their argument, too out right UK bashing.
razi wrote:No no, the only thing left to do is follow a long-standing British tradition and invade France!
If we invade france right now, we could end up fighting our own troops. We just made semi official the long standing co-operation between our units for mutual deployment.

Instead, I suggest we invade French Canadia ;) I want to cook the best redneck breakfast I ever had. French Toast, Sausage, beef burger, Ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup. Ah.... I miss Texas.
My Guide to Fletching

goblin

Post by goblin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Ad'lan wrote:
the_alias wrote:
The Pint Solves All, 20 Blessed Fluid Ounces of Delicious Beer, We'll even accept an American pint (16 Fluid Ounces that is, not a pint of American Beer* ;) ).

*Microbreweries excepted, and there for accepted.

Alias and I tend to bite back hard on jibes about the UK (I'm pretty sure we've both beened warned about it :D ), So I apologuise if we over stepped it, but it's because far too often we've encountered people going from using the Uk as an example in an argument, too distorting the UK's reality to better serve their argument, too out right UK bashing.
razi wrote:No no, the only thing left to do is follow a long-standing British tradition and invade France!
If we invade france right now, we could end up fighting our own troops. We just made semi official the long standing co-operation between our units for mutual deployment.

Instead, I suggest we invade French Canadia ;) I want to cook the best redneck breakfast I ever had. French Toast, Sausage, beef burger, Ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup. Ah.... I miss Texas.

I wouldn't leave it for love or money!!!

Cybrludite
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Cybrludite » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:50 am

Ad'lan wrote:Ah.... I miss Texas.
I think you're either not leading enough, or not following through when you fire. Remember to keep your eyes open when you fire & note where your sights were compared to where your shot hit. :wink:
“There are only two ways to sleep well at night, be ignorant or be prepared” – Simon Black

Readiness is all. — William Shakespeare

Senectute Et Perfidia

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 am

Marky Mark Scores on the prep front. Alcohol wipes, 2 boxes for a quid. Can't really go wrong, a
Major boost to hygenie, as the running water's gone again. There's actually ice on the inside of the bus window.

Unfortunately, prep fail for me. Having told the lads that the big container was grey water, they nodded. I came back from work to find that 25 litres of drinking water had been flushed. No idea what I meant by grey water. I've now cleared up the confusion, but it's a bit gutting.
My Guide to Fletching

TheGunslinger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheGunslinger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 am

Are transportation laws still in effect in Norfolk?

I distinctly remember a drunk friend of mine deciding that the only way he was going to get home was to steal a sheep and get sentenced to transportation back to Australia.

You could join the rest of your nation at Bondi beach! :D
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 am

TheGunslinger wrote:Are transportation laws still in effect in Norfolk?

I distinctly remember a drunk friend of mine deciding that the only way he was going to get home was to steal a sheep and get sentenced to transportation back to Australia.

You could join the rest of your nation at Bondi beach! :D
I've heard of the 200 yarders, a camp site 200 yards from the beach, 200 yards from the shops, and 200 yards from the dole office... :D

Actually this whole incident is making me feel much more positive about emigrating to some where with harsher winters than the UK (pretty much everywhere outside the tropics).
My Guide to Fletching

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 am

Ad'lan wrote:Actually this whole incident is making me feel much more positive about emigrating to some where with harsher winters than the UK (pretty much everywhere outside the tropics).
Buffalo, NY?

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

Maybe, The Eastern Seaboard does have a lot of chemical research going on. I was thinking New Zealand, Alaska, Canada, that's probably my top three.
My Guide to Fletching

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 am

Ad'lan wrote:Maybe, The Eastern Seaboard does have a lot of chemical research going on. I was thinking New Zealand, Alaska, Canada, that's probably my top three.
Alaska!
Man is a beast of prey

Return to “Survival Experiences”