Mock Simi-Bugout on the Scooter Pic Heavy poss. NSFW??

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

masterblaster666
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn,Day and Night.

Mock Simi-Bugout on the Scooter Pic Heavy poss. NSFW??

Post by masterblaster666 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:48 pm

So I went with my scooter club to a Campout Rally. But I had what I needed for 3 days with me on my scooter so that’s why I'm calling a Semi-Bug Out. We went from the Middle of San Diego proper out to Warner springs. It was about a 3-hour ride. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of what was in my bags but I know just about all I had...

This is the bike from behind with me posing ready to go. What you can see is an Arctic Weather Jacket, The top of my sleeping bag and a kite to fly when we get there.

This was a side view on my way out. You can see the rack less Alice pack containing clothes for 3 days, a broken apart MRE, a battery powered lantern, 3 different flashlights a first aid kit, Also 2 tea candles, 3 lighters in 3 different compartments, 1 large bottle of Jagermiester, 4 packs of cigarettes.
Also my tent is packed into the side of that green arctic weather jacket. When I rolled up my sleeping bag it contained a sleeping mat as well. The side bag had held 1 bag of wine, my camera, 2 scarves, batteries. In the glove box I had extra oil and a small can of gas.

While at the campsite this was our fire ring and what we cooked our breakfast on. Lunch and dinner was liquid.

This bike made it to the campsite; it also made on top of the hill you see it on now. The Red thing on the clutch lever is the handle for the kite that was seen in the first picture. Unfortunately this scooter soft seized while we were leaving less than a mile away. Instead of it taking 3 hours to get back it took us 6 because of this bike.

I never said I was good at taking pictures this proves it. But it is an image of the California High Desert. We did this trip in the beginning of March thank the gods it didn’t rain, or hail like it usually does on our yearly rally.

This is the picture of the Bag of wine in action after we made it to the campsite.

I guess the question will come up on why I’m wearing a Gorilla Chest vest and the reason is my scooter club named me Monkey. So I embraced it and put the Ape fur and gorilla chest on my Vest. Also it reminds my of the Mr. Burns song "See My Vest"

Not really asking for advise just wanted to post up my trip that was done on a 150cc scooter. To show it can be done on anything.
Pie,9mm,Blue Wire Veni Imbibi Vici
Kyrsed1 wrote:I like Cake... But I'm Pie-Curious!

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Re: Mock Simi-Bugout on the Scooter Pic Heavy poss. NSFW??

Post by Chef » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Awesome! 8)

I like that comal visible on the on the fire ring. I can only seem to find round ones around here, and round one waste space.

Question on the wine bag: did you cut it out of a box, or is it a recycled coffee box bag? And that wine appears to not be red. Eeeew.
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

masterblaster666

Post by masterblaster666 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 pm

The fire ring was the inside of a old washing machine.

The wine was from a box of Franzia Blush. I did not pack a pillow because when the wine is gone you can fill it up with air and wrap a tshirt or jacket around it.

SimonZayne

Post by SimonZayne » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:45 pm

masterblaster666 wrote:I did not pack a pillow because when the wine is gone you can fill it up with air and wrap a tshirt or jacket around it.
Frickin' brilliant.

Sounds like a great trip, I'm jealous for sure.
Jeriah wrote:Arrows used for shooting zombies are like condoms used for banging prostitutes in sub-Saharan Africa: single use only, for everybody's safety. Don't retrieve and re-use that shit, it's just nasty.
aka the Tactical Redneck

Team Ramrod FTW

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by velojym » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:36 pm

And asking whether you'd be *sure* the wine bag would be empty is kinda pointless, I guess.

Looks like a good time, gimpy scooter and all.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

masterblaster666

Post by masterblaster666 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 pm

If its empty thats fine also if you couldnt finish the the bag-o-wine you can still blow it up and use as a pillow then in the night you can drink out of it while your warm in your sleeping bag. They are hardy little bags. When we were younger they came still in the box but the bag was silver like a survival blanket. We would call them space bags but they have been phased out for one reason or another? Now they are Blood Bags but still durable. In theory you could fill it with water after wards but getting it clean is to much of a hassle and the water will still taste like old wine. But its do able.

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Nice trip dude
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

masterblaster666

Post by masterblaster666 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks Bob this was the one I was trying to get you to come out to. But I lagged on telling you when it got closer. My bad. It was a F-in blast though. At one point a group of guys put this guys scooter in a tree.

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 pm

ohh...I see how it is.
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

Return to “Survival Experiences”