My Job, My Hell...

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Benbrutal

Re: My Job, My Hell...

Post by Benbrutal » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Deleted . Should have known better than to post anything else under this subject. It appears ZS has gotten way more PC as time has gone by.
Last edited by Benbrutal on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Preparedness: The difference between can-of-food and cannibal.
The big feral hogs are only good for sausage, but the young ones can be made into bacon,
and once you have bacon, you win!

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Okay folks let tone it down a bit. Some other posters have started to report some posts on this thread and I would hate to see it shut down. Just askin'.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 am

So, last night I was about to leave the break room at work, and one of my co-workers put a ramen soup cup into the microwave. Two minutes later, I smell something burning, and lo and behold, I see smoke seeping out past the door, everyone else in the room blissfully unaware. I yell at the ramen owner, punch the stop button, and retreat into the hallway to cover my nose with my edc bandana, due to the smell and the smoke spreading out. The fool opens the microwave before I can stop him, and smoke pours out, filling the room. Awful smelling, horrible, ramen-and-styrofoam smoke. The weird thing is, no one else in the room seemed to care. :shock:
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 am

Viper, we had a guy hit 20:00 instead of 2:00 on a burrito, same thing, at school, some time back. When he saw that the burrito had cooked too long, took the (now flaming / smouldering) burrito and ran outside with it. Triggered the whole place's smoke detectors; Fire Department responded. And they weren't supposed to have a microwave in their office, "oops!" (Lunchroom only for those.)

One of those "Dang I'm glad that wasn't me!" things.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

TODP

Post by TODP » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 am

TheLastRifleMan wrote:Okay folks let tone it down a bit. Some other posters have started to report some posts on this thread and I would hate to see it shut down. Just askin'.
I'll admit that my last post here was a bit out of line.

Please excuse the slightly inappropriate form. I still stand by its contents, though. :mrgreen:
Mr_Sheesh wrote:Viper, we had a guy hit 20:00 instead of 2:00 on a burrito, same thing, at school, some time back. When he saw that the burrito had cooked too long, took the (now flaming / smouldering) burrito and ran outside with it. Triggered the whole place's smoke detectors; Fire Department responded. And they weren't supposed to have a microwave in their office, "oops!" (Lunchroom only for those.)

A former workplace of mine also had a lunch room with a small kitchen. The kitchen had a sink, dishwasher, electrical stove top that no one ever used, a mikrowave with a build-in hot air convection oven, and a small electric water boiler for tea. One day the fire alarm went off, we had to evacuate the building, and the fire department responded with all their big rigs. No fire, only smoke, nobody injured.

It turned out that because the stove top was almost never used, people always placed the water boiler on it to get it out of the way. Unfortunately, a co-worker tried to make some tea and absently-minded turned on the stove instead of the water boiler, and then went back to her office because the water would obviously take some time. There is something to be said for Chinese-made water boilers though, the plastic melted, fused to the stove, and started to smoke enough to set off the smoke detector, but didn't burn.

The poor woman was getting crap from everyone for weeks.
"Did you PUT ON THE KETTLE?"
"Haha, you BURNED THE WATER!"

:lol:

Thank you for your time,
TODP.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm

It is amazing what all will set off a fire alarm, we often get microwave popcorn left in the microwave too long, and smoldering, too much dust can set them off. my least favorite was when a patient sprayed enough air freshener that when I walked into the hall I could taste it.

The only real fire alarm I have responded to was down in the infectious waste room. a nurse had dropped a 9V battery into a sharps container. It got shorted by a needle and made the container smolder.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

emclean wrote:It is amazing what all will set off a fire alarm, we often get microwave popcorn left in the microwave too long, and smoldering, too much dust can set them off. my least favorite was when a patient sprayed enough air freshener that when I walked into the hall I could taste it.

The only real fire alarm I have responded to was down in the infectious waste room. a nurse had dropped a 9V battery into a sharps container. It got shorted by a needle and made the container smolder.
Back at the motel i used to work at doing the night shift, one summer we had a particular problem with fire alarms being pulled in the middle of the night. It's the edge of tourist town, right beside some really shitty, low income neighbourhood, and in the summer the kids from the area wander like stray dogs.

It was always the same alarm switch that was down at the end of the motel on the second floor, not visible from the office. One night the fire alarm goes off, 3rd time in 2 weeks. I wake up, groggy from the couch in the office where i had been napping and go outside. There's no smoke, no one outside of any rooms. The fire department is on their way, and i have to check every room with a patron in it (often interrupting people while they are having sex or making them really mad at me) to make sure there is no fire. I head down to the far end to begin checks where i find this kid lying at the bottom of the stairs crying. He's bleeding a bit and his leg is twisted at a bad angle. I talk to him and it's obvious that 1) his leg is broken. 2) he fell down the stairs trying to run away after pulling the fire alarm and his friends just ran off leaving him. He thought it was funny to pull alarms. I thought it was hilarious that the fire department showed, called an ambulance and they took him to the hospital, but not before slapping him with a $500 fine. Best part is he got dragged into the motel about a week later by an older lady who i think was his grandmother and forced to appologise to me.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Mr_Sheesh wrote:Viper, we had a guy hit 20:00 instead of 2:00 on a burrito, same thing, at school, some time back. When he saw that the burrito had cooked too long, took the (now flaming / smouldering) burrito and ran outside with it. Triggered the whole place's smoke detectors; Fire Department responded. And they weren't supposed to have a microwave in their office, "oops!" (Lunchroom only for those.)

The last time we had popcorn burn up in the microwave, it was so bad it stunk up the whole building. Unfortunately, I was eating my lunch about 6 feet from the microwave when this happened, so my hair and clothing got it full blast when the guy took the burnt mess out. Nobody commented, but I couldn't stand the smell on me, so I went to the car and used Febreze (for pet odors) on my hair and clothing. It removed the odor, and didn't alter the color (I dye my hair) of my hair either.

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:06 pm

This is kind of a "burning popcorn in the microwave" thing that happened many years ago where I worked. Actually, two things:

The "never=to-be-named" company I worked for had a very nice break room. Two coffee pots, two fridges and one freezer, lots of tables, chairs and a TV plus vending machines full of soda pop, junk food and candy that was stocked once a week. And yes, a fully re furbished microwave oven, one of the HUGE ones that could nuke a 30 lb. turkey in 15 minutes flat while dimming the lights throughout the building when it was turned on. After all, we were a major home appliance repair company so we had the best of the best as far as big home gadgets went.

The two refrigerators had enough room to hold everyone's lunches but, alas, that was not enough for some folks. One day, one of the repair tech's brown paper bag of a ham sandwich on rye with pepper jack cheese with a bottle of Coke and a Pay Day candy bar was MIA. He was sure he did not forget it in his haste to reach work. Two days later, one of the secretary's tuna salad on whole wheat with a strawberry yogurt and bottle of Dasani seemed to have done an Elvis and left the building. It, too was in a brown bag. And so on, for about two weeks, someone's home assembled mid day meal vanished like Jimmy Hoffa at a rate of about three a week, all in brown paper bags with no clues.

It was very quickly obvious that some low life was stealing lunches. The big question was who would stoop so low as to take someone's lunch? If someone was in our company was that hard up for food, all they needed to do was let someone know. We were a bunch of hard working, decent folks and we would have found a way to help that person out. It still continued for another week. Employees were urged to bring their lunch in small coolers or lunch boxes that they could keep by their desks or work benches.

Finally, the perps were caught red handed when they were trying to cool their burning mouths (yes, there were THREE of them) with copius amounts of water. We later learned one of the managers had a take out box of extra hot curry chicken from the local Chinese take out joint, brown bagged it and left it as bait. The three foodstuff filchers were ladies of larger proportions who worked in the service contract sales office who always took their lunch break together. They were bringing their own lunches and then would search the two fridges for "free" snack to chow on after they had finished their own brought from home or fast food lunch.

Two were dismissed for theft, the other was given a big reprimand and written up. She also had to pay for several other employees lunches for a week.

Part two in another post.

We shall not sleep..."

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 am

This happened during my first stint as a taxi driver. I was driving a pre-1993 Caprice through town when a thin tendril of smoke, about what you'd see off the end of a lit cigarette, came up out of the steering column. I radioed the dispatcher to tell her what happened and she told me to pull over, get my personal stuff out of the cab, and wait for a tow truck. So I pulled over into a loading zone, got all my stuff together, and stood on the sidewalk waiting for the tow.

Some friends of mine were walking by and stopped to talk for a few minutes. Suddenly, we heard sirens approaching. Three firetrucks came around the corner and surrounded my cab. My friends said it looked like I was going to be busy and left. The firefighters asked me for the keys so they could check out the cab.

While the firefighters were checking out the cab, the tow truck showed up. So now I was at the center of a traffic-stopping cluster of firetrucks, firefighters, and a tow truck at one of the busiest intersections in town at 6:00 PM on a Friday. The firefighters gave the all-clear to the tow truck driver, and he loaded up the cab and gave me a ride back to the office.

I had to wait until we were back at the office to talk to the dispatcher. She told me that the head mechanic had insisted that she call the fire department to make sure that the cab was not actually on fire, because engine fires can get into the passenger compartment pretty quickly and nobody wanted a flaming cab on the back of a tow truck. Since this was back when cell phones were still prohibitively expensive and I was outside the cab and therefore unreachable on the radio, she had no way of letting me know that she had called the fire department.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 am

how about another army story. i will preface it with saying that if i wasn't there i would be calling shenanigans about it as well.
So I am doing parachute recovery one evening (basically standing around the drop zone with a white light so the guys jumping know where to leave their chutes for accountability), and a buddy from my unit runs up. Let’s call him Will, it was odd cause usually Will avoids running when he can, to make it a bit stranger, he is giggling as he runs, seeing a six foot paratrooper running and giggling made me ask what was up.
Will explains that he was in the dark when our CO (a small female) requested that he wrap up and carry her chute to the turn in point. Will tells the female voice in the dark that it is every paratrooper’s job to carry their own chutes to the turn in point, and pointed in my direction.
As I would stick my mini-mag in the helmet band so I had my hands free to read, it wasn’t hard to spot me. Her answer was a question, “do you know who I am?”
Will plays dumb, and tells her no.
She shot back with “I am Captain XXXX, the Brave company commander.”
He responds with his own question “Well do you know who I am?”
She answers “No”
He snatches up his chute and says “bye” as he runs off into the night.
About ten minutes later she comes to my shows at my turn in point and asks me and Will, who was still there BS’ing with me if we have seen anyone come rushing up to turn their chutes and run off. it was my turn to play dumb, and tell not one I noticed.
I kept a straight face, and it was very difficult as the CO collected Will and moved him along to the rally point with her.

Black November

Post by Black November » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:54 pm

I can't even type because I am about to throw my PC out the window...........

Herding cats
Stupid Software
Useless Oversees IT Support
Email games of telephone
Standard functionality not working
Brain Overload.............

"11:15, restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature."

"12:50, press Return."
"I guess you broke into the wrong goddamn rec room, didn't you" -Burt- Tremors
WINTERGEDDON: IX, X, XI, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII
SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

TODP

Post by TODP » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Overheard on the radio while on duty:

Vehicle: "Dispatch, 4/84/2, over."
Dispatch: "4/84/2, proceed."
*silence*
Vehicle: "Dispatch, 4/84/2, do you copy?"
Dispatch: "I do, 4/84/2, do you copy?"
*silence*
Vehicle: "DISPATCH?!?!?!"
Me: "Dispatch, you realize that 4/84/2 is calling you on 4 m analogue and you keep answering on 70 cm digital, over."
Dispatch: " ... GOD DAMN CONSOLE, TOO MANY FUCKING RADIOS!"

We're switching to TETRA at the moment, but most vehicles are still running 4 m analogue. The control center currently has to watch an assortment of at least two computer monitors, a 4 m analogue radio, a 2 m analogue radio, a digital trunked radio, the phone, and the emergency fax for the hard of hearing. Too many channels for a tiny firefighter brain. :P :lol:

While working as a pharmaceutical sales rep:

Diabetologist (via phone):

"Studies, studies, studies... yeah yeah, the data looks great, it's a wonderdrug I get that. But that won't make me prescribe it. Tell you what, how about a seminar on this new approach, hmm? Like back in the day, when we were all invited to listen to a few talks. In a 5 star hotel on Ibiza, all-inclusive, first class flights, all expenses paid, bring your wife. That is always great. And after listening to such a talk and then spending the rest of the week pondering the information at the pool, I will surely have a new, favourable perspective on your drug. One that makes prescribing it soooo much easier. How about it, hmm?"

Um... No? :shock:

My expense account doesn't cover this, and even if it did, I'm pretty sure accepting such an offer would get you fired and your licence revoked these days. This is not the 90s anymore. Nice try, though.

Thank you for your time,
TODP.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

Signmaker

Post by Signmaker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks to this thread, a couple drivers at my job have been labeled "needle dick cheese shitters" as an upgrade from my usual "milk drinker". I also now declare my intent to "fight the monkey" when I take the trash out. I guess I could throw in a couple from my own experiences.

The Crying Witch (L4D reference implied)

I work the night shift doing security for a large factory and warehouse facility. Usually I'm solo, but sometimes I get to pair up. One night I'm paired up with Rick, who is patrolling the inside of the facilities while I man the main gate. Around 2200 he radios me;

Rick: Kilo, this is Radar
Me: Radar, this is Kilo, is this Radar element or Radar actual, over?
Rick: Shut up. Hey, is there anyone left in the parking lot tonight?
Me: Nnnnnnope...why you ask?
Rick: Because I hear someone crying in the women's restroom.
Me: Say again, crying? As in boo hoo hoo?
Rick: Affirmative, gonna check it out.
Me: Copy, report back.

About ten minutes go by, and I am just so damn curious about what's going on in there. There shouldnt be a soul left in this place except for us two. I call him back;

Me: Kilo to Radar, do you have a sitrep?
Rick: Affirmative, stand by...
Rick: Yeah, we have a floor worker in the bathroom. Says she rides with her friend, but they had an argument and her friend left her.
Me: Ok...so why is she in our bathroom?
Rick: Uh...she was going to spend the night here and clock back in to work in the morning.
Me: Jesus christ...ok, bring her out here and one of us can give her a ride home in the patrol van.
Rick: Yeah, she doesnt want a ride home because she has no way to get to work in the morning.
Me: Well explain to her that she can either accept a ride home from us and figure out what to do in the morning, or she can take a ride home from the police and not worry about work anymore because I'll write her up for trespassing.

Now I figure this does the trick as I hear nothing back. So I'm standing outside, waiting for them to come out the doors to give her a ride, when the factory door flings open and this middle aged hispanic woman of no considerable athletic form takes off bolting across the parking lot. A second later Rick comes out as well, and we stand there watching this woman sprinting the 300 yards across our parking lot and out to the road.

Me: Rick...what the fuck?
Rick: Yeah, as soon as you said "police" she freaked and bolted. We writing this up?
Me: Lets see what she does.

Now this facility is kinda out in the rural neck of the woods, and the road it's on is nothing but farmfields for miles. So we stand out there watching this 5'4" 180lb woman huffing it on the road to nowhere until she goes out of sight around the corn.

Me: So...she was gonna sleep in the bathroom? Which one, the factory one?
Rick: Seemed like that was her plan, she was sitting on the floor against the wall when I found her.
Me: Ugh. Last time I even walked into that bathroom, I had to hose my boots down. What do you think her game plan is now?
Rick: I dunno. Either waddle all the way back to town, or pass out in a ditch somewhere.

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Damn, I had almost forgot about the needle dick cheese shitters. Sorry if that is not PC but that was what the poor lady screamed.

I hope I never get desperate enough that I have to spend the night in a restroom. I hope the poor woman made it home OK.

We shall not sleep..."

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 am

TheLastRifleMan wrote:I have heard of those but have not seen one. I think they are usually custom built of very expensive.
http://www.goped.com/products/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a GoPed Sport but am rebuilding the engine.
Will probably rebuild my cousin's GSR40 as well.

Back on topic:
My work lets me travel a lot so I'm in defferent countries monthly. Which also means that I constantly go through airport security.
Some people really just don't get it when they go through.

There are a lot of signs that say that laptops should be taken out and TSA and security in other countries also remind people that they should take them out and but them in a tray and through the x-ray. Plus to take out stuff from pockets and to put everything through the x-ray especially metal items.
This lady in front of me puts her laptop bag on the conveyor but doesn't take the laptop out. Security calls her on it and she rushes to take it out but when she tries to go through the metal detector, she way holding her jacket and was told to put everyhing through the x-ray again. She rushes back to the conveyor and puts down her jacket but underneath, she had a handbag. She didn't put her handbag through the x-ray and was AGAIN told to put EVERYTHING through the x-ray and she was asking why. She yields after a while and rushes back to the conveyor yet again to put her handbag on it. She once again goes through the metal detector and beeps again. She was wearing all these metal hairclips on her bun/ponytail and was told to put it through the x-ray. She rushes back to the conveyor again then goes through the detector and beeps yet again. She has a belt with metallic designs and buckle. Rushes out again.. same old, same old.. Goes back through and beeps yet again!
She had her phone in her pocket. Security tells her to put it through the x-ray and she keeps asking why and keeps stating that it's only a phone, blah blah, etc...
Since she keeps rushing in and out, she was holding up the line for several minutes.
I just wish they tackled her and put her through interrogation because of the fuss she was causing.

This type of thing happens very often.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

allofthemonkeys

Post by allofthemonkeys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:30 pm

I was a police officer, and one night while on a traffic stop I hear over the radio about a possible DUI in the parking lot of a bank. I finish up my stop, and head over to the bank which wasn't far away. In the parking lot there was a car with a crumpled front fender in a stall, a dented sign by the drive through, and my shift partner is talking to a woman sitting on the curb.

The woman was a bit off, but she was on 'drunk repeat', saying over and over that she didn't drink at all, and all she wanted was one day of vacation on her way to visit her parents. She had been found passed out behind the wheel by a guy who worked at a local bar. The car had a nice new veneer of vomit all over the console. We called the Fire Department, just because she might have a head injury, being unconscious behind the wheel. They checked her with all of their fancy gear and all they could say is that she smelled of alcohol.

She flipped out when she was told that she won a ride in the back of a police car. She thrashed, screamed, and caused all manner of commotion on the way to the station and continued when we put her in her own little room while we processed her upgrade to a deluxe suite at county. As I processed the paperwork, I noticed she smelled terrible, mostly of old vomit.

She started 'hyperventilating' when my partner set up the breathalyzer. We were tired of the games so we took her to the local hospital for a blood draw. She started thrashing around like she was possessed when we walked in, so my partner decided to take her to County right then and there.

Because of all the trouble that she had caused so far, I got to ride with my partner to County. On the way, she was squirming around in the back seat a peculiar way. Then it hit us, a smell. A smell that can only come from one thing in the body, that you smell when that thing leaves the body. Ok, enough beating around the bush, she crapped herself. In the back of the patrol car on the way to jail. The jail wasn't to happy with that, but neither were we, it was a 30 min trip to the jail.
When I was born, they told me the chance of getting out of this life alive was slim.

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote: Finally, the perps were caught red handed when they were trying to cool their burning mouths (yes, there were THREE of them) with copius amounts of water. We later learned one of the managers had a take out box of extra hot curry chicken from the local Chinese take out joint, brown bagged it and left it as bait. The three foodstuff filchers were ladies of larger proportions who worked in the service contract sales office who always took their lunch break together. They were bringing their own lunches and then would search the two fridges for "free" snack to chow on after they had finished their own brought from home or fast food lunch.

Two were dismissed for theft, the other was given a big reprimand and written up. She also had to pay for several other employees lunches for a week.

While waiting for Part 2, I'd like to ask a question. How come two were fired, and one was allowed to keep her job? Were the two fired the actual thieves, and the other along for the ride? Just curious. We have periodic lunch thefts where I work, and I've heard a description of a suspect being bandied around. I'm hoping he's caught red-handed and soon.

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

Laager wrote: Well the party was held at Dungaree Beach in Subic Bay, a beach party with food, drinks (alcoholic and non), as well as the bar girls (hookers) that the single guys brought...
I miss going to the PX in Subic way back.
They made a highway which goes through the mountain. Much faster.
Also a new highway which connects Subic to Clark Air Base.
The bases are now commercial centers though.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:49 pm

mariposa wrote:
TheLastRifleMan wrote: Finally, the perps were caught red handed when they were trying to cool their burning mouths (yes, there were THREE of them) with copius amounts of water. We later learned one of the managers had a take out box of extra hot curry chicken from the local Chinese take out joint, brown bagged it and left it as bait. The three foodstuff filchers were ladies of larger proportions who worked in the service contract sales office who always took their lunch break together. They were bringing their own lunches and then would search the two fridges for "free" snack to chow on after they had finished their own brought from home or fast food lunch.

While waiting for Part 2, I'd like to ask a question. How come two were fired, and one was allowed to keep her job? Were the two fired the actual thieves, and the other along for the ride? Just curious. We have periodic lunch thefts where I work, and I've heard a description of a suspect being bandied around. I'm hoping he's caught red-handed and soon.
Not enough evidence. Part two will have to wait unit next week when off this holiday stuff is over.

We shall not sleep..."

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 pm

allofthemonkeys wrote:I was a police officer, and one night while on a traffic stop I hear over the radio about a possible DUI in the parking lot of a bank. I finish up my stop, and head over to the bank which wasn't far away. In the parking lot there was a car with a crumpled front fender in a stall, a dented sign by the drive through, and my shift partner is talking to a woman sitting on the curb.

The woman was a bit off, but she was on 'drunk repeat', saying over and over that she didn't drink at all, and all she wanted was one day of vacation on her way to visit her parents. She had been found passed out behind the wheel by a guy who worked at a local bar. The car had a nice new veneer of vomit all over the console. We called the Fire Department, just because she might have a head injury, being unconscious behind the wheel. They checked her with all of their fancy gear and all they could say is that she smelled of alcohol.

She flipped out when she was told that she won a ride in the back of a police car. She thrashed, screamed, and caused all manner of commotion on the way to the station and continued when we put her in her own little room while we processed her upgrade to a deluxe suite at county. As I processed the paperwork, I noticed she smelled terrible, mostly of old vomit.

She started 'hyperventilating' when my partner set up the breathalyzer. We were tired of the games so we took her to the local hospital for a blood draw. She started thrashing around like she was possessed when we walked in, so my partner decided to take her to County right then and there.

Because of all the trouble that she had caused so far, I got to ride with my partner to County. On the way, she was squirming around in the back seat a peculiar way. Then it hit us, a smell. A smell that can only come from one thing in the body, that you smell when that thing leaves the body. Ok, enough beating around the bush, she crapped herself. In the back of the patrol car on the way to jail. The jail wasn't to happy with that, but neither were we, it was a 30 min trip to the jail.

Damn. I mean DAMN! Human waste smells bade for a reason: It's waste material! That does not make that situation any better, I am afraid.

We shall not sleep..."

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:38 pm

by silentpoet » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:06 pm

The highlight of my week was getting the awesome task of teaching/instructing our clients how to wash their junk. Not just men, but women also. I got to tell them in graphic detail how to move stuff and soap up, complete with hand gestures. Not just their junk, but all personal hygiene.
I've missed it before if it was explained. WHAT kind of clients are these ? :?
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."

tedbeau

Post by tedbeau » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:48 pm

bean sprout wrote:I was working on an extended stay place in Texascity Texas. We were putting down a standing seam sheet metal roof. We had a machine that made the panels on site, and would be handed up as we needed them. One guy was bringing a panel up and the wind gusted and sent the panel into the head of one of the guys. It cut him pretty bad. His ear was in two pieces still attached to his head, and he was cut from his jaw to the scalp behind his ear. Tough S.O.B. though. He took his T-shirt off, pressed it to his head, claimed down the ladder and drove himself to mainland medical center for treatment, and was back to work the following Monday.
Yeah, my Dad is a tough guy too. We had horses and cows growing up. I've seen him fight a horse, holding onto a rope attached to the halter, have the horse rare up and lift him three feet off the ground and he never let go of the rope.

He had a small john deere bull dozer and the guy that owned property behind us hired my dad to clear some brush. He had gotten off the dozer to move something and the ground was all muddy from him stripping back the top layer. As he climbed up on the dozer the mud caused him to lose his footing. He fell and landed on the draw bar on the back of the dozer. The rear of his head hit the 3/4 thick by 2 inch wide bar. He had a chunk of scalp about 2 inches in diameter that was torn loose about 3/4 of the way around. It was just sort of flapping loose, attached at the top. He took a rag or t-shirt, wrapped his head to stop the bleeding as best he could and drove himself to the hospital. I don't remember how many stitches it took to put the flap back down.

Even when I was in my late twenties, early 30's I knew there was no way I could out work, out tough my dad. Now that's he's in his seventies I might be able to.

Return to “Survival Experiences”