strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Grey Ops

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by Grey Ops » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 pm

While driving down a major highway in Ontario, I pulled up alongside a car, only to see someone that fits the archetype of a modern day "douchebag" driving with one hand while using a Shake Weight in the other hand. I was sure that I had crossed over into some bizarre world where all the funny pictures on the internet come true. To this day I still wish that I had a passenger with a camera on hand.

ZTFH
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (both versions) Day of the Dead

Post by ZTFH » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:09 am

Wow..... long thread! I really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences, some very crazy and interesting ones for sure.

I've seen a few odd things, although nothing that compares to some of these stories.

The most recent thing I can think of, about a month ago, is when me and a buddy were going to Fred Myer (large supermarket chain in the PNW for those of you that don't know) I park in the side parking lot, we start walking towards the door and we pass a man walking the other way, white, probably in his late twenties to early thirties, thin build and about 5ft 8in with black hair. Nothing strange at all about him, I just noticed him because he was wearing a shirt that really stuck out, it was blue with an image on the front that was some sort of geometric patterns. He wasn't carrying any bags, and didn't have a cart.

The stores has those two stage doors where you walk through one set of doors, into an area with carts and what not, then walk through a second set of doors to get into the store. Right as we pass through the second set of doors, I see the exact same man passing us in the opposite direction again. As he passes I turn around looking at him, then quickly snap my head over to my buddy.

"Did you see that guy!!!??"

"Yeah?" he responds

"We JUST passed him out in the parking lot!"

I'm in a slightly excited state as I know it was the same man, and it would have been physically impossible for him to somehow get ahead of us right after we just passed him. He literally would have had to turn around immediately after I first saw him, run in front of us, go into the store, turn around and walk back by us. Unfortunately my friend didn't notice him the first time.

We head towards the beer section and talk about it a bit more. I told him how I recognize that same geometric pattern shirt, the face, the build, lack of bags or a cart as he's leaving, everything. I was sure it was him. My buddy just kind of laughs it off and makes a Matrix reference. Since there really isn't any proving anything, I just chalk it up to to deja vu or perhaps two very similar looking men with similar shirts being there at the same time, possibly twins, who knows.

As we get about 10 feet from the beer isle, which starts on our right, the SAME DAMN GUY walks out from the beer isle, and past us again! This time I knew it was no case of mistaken identity, I instantly get goosebumbs on my arms and I get that tingling sensation on the back of my neck with hair standing on edge.

Me and my buddy both stop dead in our tracks. We lock eyes onto the man, and keep staring at him as he walks away from us, towards the exit, and leaves. He didn't buy anything, he just walked straight out, just as I saw him do before. After he is out of the door, my friend and I both instantly look at each other with jaws slightly hanging down and eyes wide open in a state of shock.

"Dude, that's the guy!!!" He says to me

"I told you I saw him before! What the fuck is going on!"

We are both standing there looking around simply trying to make sense of the situation. It was one of those things that kind of short circuits your brain. You know it's physically impossible, yet you just saw it. And so did a second witness, so it's not your mind playing tricks or anything else of the sort.

We turn the corner into the Beer isle and begin looking over the selection, I don't know about him but I was still just kind of staring off into space trying to figure out what happened. It took us about half an hour to pick out our beer because we were so side-tracked with what had just happened. We usually spend longer than normal people picking out beer, as we are both Craft Beer enthusiasts and Fred Myer stocks several hundred different Beers, but it's never taken us that long. We were both in a state of shock for awhile afterward, as nothing we could think of was anywhere close to explaining what we say.

How in the world can you walk by the SAME guy three times, while walking basically in a straight line, with no possible way for him to get out ahead of you? This one still baffles me to this day. I seriously doubt we will ever find and explanation.

Another experience I had, this one about four or five years ago, nothing paranormal, just odd:

I was with a different friend walking down Sandy Blvd, coming towards us was two elderly Native American men. One of them was pushing the other in a wheel chair down the middle of the sidewalk. As we get close to the two men, we stop and hug the side of the walkway in order to give the men enough room to pass us with the wheelchair.

The one man stops pushing the wheelchair right in front of us, and they are both starting directly at me. The man in the wheel chair tilts his head up and speaks to the man pushing him in some Native American language, I have no idea which one, and wouldn't even be able to try and guess.

I figured they were going to ask for change or a cigarette as I was smoking, and they were both pretty ratty looking with dirty flannel clothing on, almost looked homeless but I'm not sure, could totally pass for just being unkempt.

The man who was pushing the wheel chair keeps his eyes on me the whole time the other guy is talking to him.

"My friend wants to fight you!" He says in a thick native accent, totally serious with no hits of joking or anything.

I had no idea what to say. What would I? Why would two elderly, small, frail men, one in a wheelchair no less, try to pick a fight with someone much younger, and much larger then them? I was just sort of stunned, me and my friend were looking at each other with that slightly amused look on our faces. I just chuckle, and we walk past them on the grass.

I can hear the man in the wheel chair saying something else to the one pushing him, as we are walking away, the pushing man turns around

"He wants to know why you won't fight him!"

Once again I turn back to my friend, this time actually starting to laugh, as does he. I didn't want to be terribly rude and say "I won't fight him because he's a crippled old ass dude, and I don't really feel comfortable beating the crap out of such a person" so I just say "Because I don't like loosing" I laugh again, and my friend and I continue on our way chuckling. I can hear them talking to each other in the distance sounding kind of angry but the one didn't say anything else to me.

What the hell, right? These guys weren't joking, unless they have no idea how to joke. Did he have a death wish or something? Some people aren't so good humored and it's possible someone could have been offended enough to actually do something to these guys. It seemed pretty dangerous for them to be going around harassing people as they were.

Like I said, nothing crazy or paranormal, just a bizarre pair of old men acting like little kids :lol: It totally reminded me of Star Wars when those thugs in the bar are hassling Luke "My friend doesn't like you" "You would dead!"
Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Catch a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

grennels

Post by grennels » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:34 am

"How in the world can you walk by the SAME guy three times, while walking basically in a straight line, with no possible way for him to get out ahead of you? This one still baffles me to this day. I seriously doubt we will ever find and explanation."

Triplets?
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

ZTFH
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (both versions) Day of the Dead

Post by ZTFH » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:52 am

grennels wrote:
Triplets?
Surely it's possible that there are some tricky triplets at play. All wearing the same thing. All walking out of the store in a timed manner in order to freak out unsuspecting people. Or that for some strange reason all three were there, and decided to leave without buying anything, at staggered intervals, with no intention of playing tricks on people, but again all wearing the same thing for whatever reason.

How likely would that be, though? Not very, in my opinion.

I wish now I would have followed that last guy, I was just to dumbfounded at the time to think straight. And no alcohol was consumed before this, I should say, so we weren't seeing pink elephants.
Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Catch a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Last Knight
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Last Knight » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

ZTFH wrote:
grennels wrote:
Triplets?
Surely it's possible that there are some tricky triplets at play. All wearing the same thing. All walking out of the store in a timed manner in order to freak out unsuspecting people. Or that for some strange reason all three were there, and decided to leave without buying anything, at staggered intervals, with no intention of playing tricks on people, but again all wearing the same thing for whatever reason.

How likely would that be, though? Not very, in my opinion.

I wish now I would have followed that last guy, I was just to dumbfounded at the time to think straight. And no alcohol was consumed before this, I should say, so we weren't seeing pink elephants.
This kinda sounds like an Improv Everywhere sketch; they've done similar before with "time loops" and what-not. Be interesting to see how they managed this one, barring a) accomodating triplets or b) a convenient portal.

Ooh, there's an idea... maybe they do it with portals...
"The population is greatly decreased
Which means my odds are greatly increased
That I'll someday get the chance
To kiss your lips
I thank the Lo~rd each day
For the Apocalypse..."

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(the remake), any of the resident evil films, 28 days later, armies of darkness, dead snow... ah hell it's like pickin a favorite child...

Post by SwampRat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 am

I woke up this morning to find that one of my security cameras had caught this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Upon reading one of my posts you should assume that before I post I reread my posts twice and then often again after I post to check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors. And I still miss most of them because, as it turns out, when you are home-schooled, you are only as smart as your mom.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 am

SwampRat wrote:I woke up this morning to find that one of my security cameras had caught this.   

It's a Sky Rod!!! :gonk: :ooh:

Seriously though that's an interesting pic, what do you think it is? :)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(the remake), any of the resident evil films, 28 days later, armies of darkness, dead snow... ah hell it's like pickin a favorite child...

Post by SwampRat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 am

Well, clearly it is ectoplasma....

Seriously though, I have no idea. But it made me do a double take as I was half awake in bed and it poped up. It actually set off the motion sensor and this is a still photo it took. Only thing that set it off all night. It's not foggy out and my neighbor that does smoke would be asleep, and not in my front yard anyway. Maybe some kinda crazy fast big moth? I've never had it take a motion blur picture before, I think because it just grabs a frame from the video feed.

Upon reading one of my posts you should assume that before I post I reread my posts twice and then often again after I post to check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors. And I still miss most of them because, as it turns out, when you are home-schooled, you are only as smart as your mom.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland

Post by wee drop o' bush » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:52 am

It is a particularly interesting photo :awesome:
Ninja Edit: I looked again & the object looks like its heading towards the doorway where the garden gnome is...why don't you go down to that room and report back anything unusual :twisted:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.

CHUKGLEASON

Post by CHUKGLEASON » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:57 am

Moth, maybe? Or a bat?

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:10 am

Windblown leaf.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

techmonkey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by techmonkey » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am

SwampRat wrote:Well, clearly it is ectoplasma....

Seriously though, I have no idea. But it made me do a double take as I was half awake in bed and it poped up. It actually set off the motion sensor and this is a still photo it took. Only thing that set it off all night. It's not foggy out and my neighbor that does smoke would be asleep, and not in my front yard anyway. Maybe some kinda crazy fast big moth? I've never had it take a motion blur picture before, I think because it just grabs a frame from the video feed.

It was a moth (or leaf) highlighted by the IR lights combined with a low frame-rate and low resolution. The best way to avoid these kinds of false alarms is to disable the lights internal to the camera and use an external IR flood light. I have gotten this kind of crap with video links before.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Damn and here I thought It was the gnome that was freaking everyone out.... :lol:

They really do freak me out a bit..
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Polley

Post by Polley » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Last edited by Polley on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Todd.

Ike

Post by Ike » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm

They did a camera study on the rods, turns out to be large insects and the frames of the camera can't keep up

SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SwampRat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm

The more I look at it, the more I think it's a bat. Still told the kids it was a ghost anyway.

What? Don't judge me.

Sins

Post by Sins » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 pm

When I was younger, I worked security for the local mall. It was probably the easiest job I ever had.
Well one day my boss and I were doing our usual bit, hanging out with the girls at Victoria's Secret and flirting. At least we were trying to.
Anyway, all of a sudden, my boss grabs my shoulder and as he yanks me around he says "look at her!". Well, I am assuming it had to be a very attractive woman, since actually working security to prevent theft never occurred. To my surprise I see a slightly older lady about 55 years old walking along the edge of the mall rubbing her hand along the wall as she walked.
I asked my boss what was the big deal and he said "just watch"
Moments later the woman, still walking along the edge rubbing the wall with her hand, ran face first into a advertising sign one of the stores had out. It then dawned on me. This woman was blind.
I was kinda upset, because I thought my boss was making fun of a blind woman. I asked "is that what you made a big deal about?"
He replied, "no follow her and keep watching"...
I then watched her walk outside the mall, feel her way through the cars until she found her dinged up minivan, enter her vehicle, and then proceed to pop a heepload of curbs and nearly hit a few cars as she drove away.

Swear to God.... True story.

Last Knight
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Last Knight » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 am

Sins wrote:Swear to God.... True story.
:oh:

:shock:

:gonk:
"The population is greatly decreased
Which means my odds are greatly increased
That I'll someday get the chance
To kiss your lips
I thank the Lo~rd each day
For the Apocalypse..."

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland

Post by wee drop o' bush » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:14 am

Sins wrote:When I was younger, I worked security for the local mall. It was probably the easiest job I ever had.
Well one day my boss and I were doing our usual bit, hanging out with the girls at Victoria's Secret and flirting. At least we were trying to.
Anyway, all of a sudden, my boss grabs my shoulder and as he yanks me around he says "look at her!". Well, I am assuming it had to be a very attractive woman, since actually working security to prevent theft never occurred. To my surprise I see a slightly older lady about 55 years old walking along the edge of the mall rubbing her hand along the wall as she walked.
I asked my boss what was the big deal and he said "just watch"
Moments later the woman, still walking along the edge rubbing the wall with her hand, ran face first into a advertising sign one of the stores had out. It then dawned on me. This woman was blind.
I was kinda upset, because I thought my boss was making fun of a blind woman. I asked "is that what you made a big deal about?"
He replied, "no follow her and keep watching"...
I then watched her walk outside the mall, feel her way through the cars until she found her dinged up minivan, enter her vehicle, and then proceed to pop a heepload of curbs and nearly hit a few cars as she drove away.

Swear to God.... True story.
I can believe it. She could have suffered a Stroke previously, lost one of her fields of vision but still (illegally) drove.

amaturesurvivalist

Post by amaturesurvivalist » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Hhmmm... when my family used to live in Colorado we were stargazing one night (as we often did my mom being into astronomy) And we saw something that kind of looked like... the stars shifting I suppose you could say? My sister. Being really little at the time was really freaked out. So my mom tried comforting her by telling her that since she had never seen it before they would probably never see one again. Which of course by the nature of things, another one went over. A few months to a year later the state was getting so many reports that they decided to come clean and tell us they were testing out the stealth bomber.

And I never saw this firsthand but.. my mom once saw a pink boomerang looking thing in the sky. Which a friend of our family, who is a former rocket scientist explained to us that this was most likely when NASA was experimenting with heat-reflecting plates for spacecraft. Makes me wonder how many "UFO" sighting are really scientist messing around...

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Polley wrote:Potentially NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCoSxi9TJU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Leaving as a link because I don't know what the thumbnail is.)

Anyway, I watched it and I burst out laughing, but not because it was necessarily funny. I think it was my way of coping with fear. :shock:
So absurd that I actually found it to be sorta cool(in a fucked up sorta way)

But then again I'm a connoisseur of all things fucked up.
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

99bajakid

Post by 99bajakid » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am

while driving to school one day 3-4 years ago while living in san diego there were 7-8 tanks, and a huge row of military vehicles parked on both sides of a road with 100+ fully geared military people just standing along side the road.. really stuck out in my head.

killr7

Post by killr7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I saw a house in Afghanistan that was constructed out of what appeared to be soviet BMPs with the hulls ripped open. Also saw a boat in the middle of the desert. No water anywhere near it save for a very small creek, and there is a massive boat just sitting there in mostly good repair.
Nobody is coming to save you.

Polley

Post by Polley » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Last edited by Polley on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Todd.

Return to “Survival Experiences”