strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

forthewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later (I dont care if you think it is or not.) Zombie Land, Dawn of the Dead, Diary of the Dead. Land of the Dead was ok but John L. was the only half decent actor.

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by forthewolf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 am

This post.
In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. -Tyler Durden

Deliver me from clever art, deliver me from Swedish furniture.-Tyler Durden

Jsimmonsgr

Post by Jsimmonsgr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 am

Rev wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:
slannesh wrote:Stuff
Mothman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman
I lived across the river from Point Pleasant. My ex worked in a diner down the street from the statue.

Hell, my wife is from Point Pleasent. Gotta love West by god Virginia. :lol:
J.
Gunsmith

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

L4tp

Post by L4tp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 am

Back in the days pagers I met a woman at a payphone with a poodle in one hand and a 38 in the other. She wanted me to help her get the people out from under the seat of her car.

Jsimmonsgr

Post by Jsimmonsgr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

L4tp wrote:Back in the days pagers I met a woman at a payphone with a poodle in one hand and a 38 in the other. She wanted me to help her get the people out from under the seat of her car.

Wow..... Just wow. THIS ladies and gents is why I will NEVER work in the private security field again. During the ten years or so I worked as a guard I met\saw way to many people like this. They get worse every year too........
J.
Gunsmith

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Roofie redux:

One:
Years ago, I went to a nightclub after work. It was on the ground floor of a big hotel/convention center in a medium sized southeastern city that happened to be a crossroads of two major interstate highways - you could get on either highway, N/S or E/W, less than a mile from the hotel. Every over-ripe lonely heart, prostitute, and predator in town hung out there, and drunk conventioneers were their natural prey. I didn't like the place, but my girlfriend of that era wanted to take her mom out for the mom's birthday, and mom picked...that place.

I was supposed to meet them after work.

I got there a little late, they had a table and drinks already. When I walked up they both greeted me loudly and tried to introduce me to someone who'd apparently slunk away as I walked up to the table. They both spent a minute or two saying "Hey! Where did he go? He was just here - he bought us drinks, what was his name?" etc.

Both seemed really excessively drunk, even though they hadn't finished the drinks mystery date had bought them, and both claimed that those were the first drinks they'd had all night. The GF wanted to dance. She got wobbly on the dance floor and took her blouse off and twirled it around over her head like a lasso and yelled "Wooooooo!" I persuaded her to put the blouse back on and put my mouth to her ear - it was hellish loud - and asked "Did your friend pay a waitress to bring drinks to your table, or did he go to the bar and get them?"

"Huh? He went to the bar."

Yep.

She was so wobbly I had to hold her up by the collar and keep an arm around her waist just to walk her off the dance floor. As we got off the floor, one woman looked at her, then looked me straight in the eye with what I took to be a bitter expression and said to me: "Oh. Looks like you're going to have a fun night."

I asked my girls, and some waitresses, and some patrons at nearby tables if anyone had seen the man who bought the drinks.
"Is he still here? Do you see him anywhere? What did he look like? Which way did he go when he left?" etc. Nobody was able to tell me anything, and I thought it better to get the girls home than to keep looking for him. I did let hotel security know what was going on, but didn't call cops - just assumed hotel sec. would handle that, which was an incorrect assumption for many reasons. On the way home both women had urinary incontinence and asked me to pull over and let them out. They couldn't wait until I got to a gas station or convenience store with a restroom. I've never seen women pee on the side of the highway before. We got to the GF's house, and I watched them for awhile until they passed out. I stayed up and checked on them until they woke up in the morning - both had zero memory of me even showing up to the club, both were horribly ill and vomited profusely. The mom was quiet, the GF broke down in tears - I think just from the violent sickness.

If I had it to do over again I'd have taken them to the emergency room, and filed a police report from there, and demanded a serum tox screen to try and find out what they had been dosed with. Glad they didn't have a worse reaction and die or aspirate their own vomit or some such while I stayed up thinking I was "protecting" them. Would give anything for five minutes in an elevator with the sleaze who dosed them.

Two:

Last night, I gave a drunk friend a ride home from a local sports bar. Found him sitting on the patio, we ate some nachos or some such bar food before leaving, and we met a charming, well dressed, funny and seemingly together woman who'd just showed up. She and my friend continued drinking, I demurred - driving etc. - but hung out and talked with them. She flirted heavily with me, which is unusual these days, and I enjoyed the attention. For awhile. But she also drank pretty fast, soon overtaking my friend, and the facade slipped a little, and a raging narcissism showed through the cracks. Worse, she started reminiscing about her post collegiate drug experiments. She claimed - and this sounded just absurd and incredible to me, I hope she was lying - that she and a friend used to deliberately dose themselves with alcohol and rohypnol, specifically for the amnestic effect. I thought back to the horrible sickness my old GF had endured at club daterape so many years ago, and the inherent danger of being in a blackout around strangers.

Granted, there's a difference between willingly ingesting something and unknowingly ingesting it, but still I couldn't imagine anyone taking the stuff on purpose. I tried to get her to explain the recreational value of taking an amnestic. I'd seen people get so drunk or otherwise impaired that they had trouble remembering the evening later on, but the memory loss was always an undesired side effect. Never the goal. What's the value of a good time you don't remember? She described waking up in strange places and playing detective trying to figure out what she'd done and where she'd been. My friend was a somewhat jaded guy, but he was also kind of shocked. The woman gave me her number, but I didn't put it in my phone.

Am I just a prude, or am I correct that there is something uniquely self loathing about seeking blackout as a primary effect? I can understand someone ingesting a substance to relax or disinhibit or energize themselves - I don't condone or recommend it, but I understand it. I don't understand deliberately taking "Memento" style vacations from yourself.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

L4tp

Post by L4tp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I want to remember all the stupid shit I did. How else would you have all the cool stories?

forthewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later (I dont care if you think it is or not.) Zombie Land, Dawn of the Dead, Diary of the Dead. Land of the Dead was ok but John L. was the only half decent actor.

Post by forthewolf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:49 pm

The first person I ever saw on bathsalts was the strangest person I ever saw, but the strangest thing was paranormal, so I wont mention it and look weirder than I already do.
In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. -Tyler Durden

Deliver me from clever art, deliver me from Swedish furniture.-Tyler Durden

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm

A friend of mine relayed this story to me awhile back.

My friend used to work at a gentleman's club as a doorman, checking ID's and making sure no one got in if they weren't allowed to be on the premises. One night as he's checking ID's, in walks a guy of well above average height, smoking a cigar. That isn't the weird part, what was weird is what the guy was wearing. According to my friend, the big guy was wearing a nun's outfit, complete with the hat thing (I forget what the name of it is at the moment.) and rosary beads. Before my friend could ask why he was wearing the outfit, the guy walks into the club and is not seen for the rest of the night. Both my friend and the girl behind the cash counter look at each other and ask "Did you see what I saw or am I imagining things ?". :lol:

And for the record, it was not Halloween that night.

L4tp

Post by L4tp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 pm

I was with a group of couples early early one morning. We were having breakfast at a Deneys before a local couples fishing tournament. There was a guy at a table close to us wearing a flannel shirt and had a beard. He talked to us quite a bit because he heard we were going fishing. He left before we did and when he was walking through the parking lot we noticed he had on a leather miniskirt and go-go boots. That's maybe not that weird depending on where you hang out but in the middle of nowhere Texas, it's crazy.

Polley

Post by Polley » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Last edited by Polley on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Todd.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

I used to take amnesiacs too. At least I think I did.... or maybe I didn't... I wish I could remember....
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

greenear123
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28DL, Sean of the Dead, Sean the Sheep?

Post by greenear123 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm

I was driving OTR across Nebraska one February. There had been a snow storm the night before but the day had dawned clear and cold with a bright blue sky and a strong wind blowing across the highway. As I approached an overpass I noticed a pickup with a camper on it pulled over beneath the overpass in the right hand lane, hazards blinking. I slowed down out of caution, and an overabundance of curiosity, and as I passed the front of the truck there he was. An old man was squatting in the snow beside the road, his trousers down around his ankles and a flag of toilet paper streaming in the wind from between his cheeks . He was holding his hat down with one hand and clutching the collar of his coat with the other. The look of utter relief on his face was in such contrast with the miserable circumstances that it has stayed with me for nearly 13 years now.

nyarlotep
Favorite Zombie Movies: I don't think I've seen one. Not a big fan of the horror genre.

Post by nyarlotep » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm

One night on my way home from work, just before I the end of the entrance ramp to I-5, a man bolted in front of my car and dove into the underbrush on the shoulder. The whole thing took maybe 2 seconds. I was pretty close to hitting him, and had barely gotten my foot on the brake before he had disappeared. As far as I can tell, he'd just run across the freeway (late night, light traffic) before almost getting hit by me.
God was my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I ate him.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

OK I didn't see this myself, but I had two different groups of friends who did not know eachother both bump into the same guy on the same night tell me this very weird experience.

Both groups of friends where walking along the streets of Philly when a man came up asking them directions to a hospital. He then proceeded to lift his shirt to show them a large cut in his stomach that was stapled and safety pined shut. The large cut was oozing green puss according to both groups of my friends and red and swollen. The man said he checked himself out of the hospital during an operation and they called him to ask him to come back to finish the operation. However he was lost and confused and needed directions to the hospital.

It seems the guy had woken during some sort of surgery freaked out and demanded to be let go. They stapled him up and released him though probably with some reservations and a lot of attempts to keep him. Obviously the wound was not healing well and what ever surgery he was supposed to be getting was not finished.

If I had not had two completely unrelated groups of friends run into this guy the same night I doubt I would have believed this story, but having the two stories corroborate each other with very good matching details, it seems like it really happened. Of course who knows the true details of the story, could it have been a creative scam by some guy to try and milk cab fare? Maybe. Though he did not ask for cab fare or money from either group of my friends. Only asking for directions and then setting off by foot toward the directions my friends gave. I have asked nurse friends if someone can check out during surgery and heard technically it is possible if the patient is conscious, but highly unlikely.

A very weird story and one I am personally glad I did not experience myself.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:37 pm

ineffableone wrote:OK I didn't see this myself, but I had two different groups of friends who did not know eachother both bump into the same guy on the same night tell me this very weird experience.

Both groups of friends where walking along the streets of Philly when a man came up asking them directions to a hospital. He then proceeded to lift his shirt to show them a large cut in his stomach that was stapled and safety pined shut. The large cut was oozing green puss according to both groups of my friends and red and swollen. The man said he checked himself out of the hospital during an operation and they called him to ask him to come back to finish the operation. However he was lost and confused and needed directions to the hospital.

It seems the guy had woken during some sort of surgery freaked out and demanded to be let go. They stapled him up and released him though probably with some reservations and a lot of attempts to keep him. Obviously the wound was not healing well and what ever surgery he was supposed to be getting was not finished.

If I had not had two completely unrelated groups of friends run into this guy the same night I doubt I would have believed this story, but having the two stories corroborate each other with very good matching details, it seems like it really happened. Of course who knows the true details of the story, could it have been a creative scam by some guy to try and milk cab fare? Maybe. Though he did not ask for cab fare or money from either group of my friends. Only asking for directions and then setting off by foot toward the directions my friends gave. I have asked nurse friends if someone can check out during surgery and heard technically it is possible if the patient is conscious, but highly unlikely.

A very weird story and one I am personally glad I did not experience myself.
Did an infrared thermometer show a body temp under 92 degree F?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

tookieblueeyes
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM

Post by tookieblueeyes » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm

I saw a stark naked man sitting in the middle of the corn field across from where I was cutting hay, in the middle of the day, eating immature ears of corn. He was wearing aviator sunglasses and THAT'S IT. His johnson was in the dirt and he looked like he had been rolling around in the dirt because it was all over his body, stuck there from his perspiration in the 109 degree heat. He also looked like he was getting a crispy little sunburn. Wonder how that is gonna feel on the johnson... Anyway... was weird, just weird and honestly I didn't know if I should call the sheriffs office or just leave well enough alone and go about my own business. I ultimately decided to take a break, go home, get out of the heat, eat lunch, take a nap and return later to finish cutting. When I got back... he was gone. Thank the stars for that because I didn't want to be lookin at the moon every time I made a winrow in his direction LOL
Learning is an ongoing process.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:39 am

Oddly enough, I believe someone much earlier in the thread had the same thing happen...but I just saw a wild turkey in the parking lot of a Wendy's. This entire area is concrete urban sprawl.

Polley

Post by Polley » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Last edited by Polley on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Todd.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Polley wrote:
Meat N' Taters wrote:Oddly enough, I believe someone much earlier in the thread had the same thing happen...but I just saw a wild turkey in the parking lot of a Wendy's. This entire area is concrete urban sprawl.

One of the largest bucks I've ever seen managed to run out in front of me by the local concrete factory...
Clearly you need to ask the owner of the concrete factory to allow you to put your deer stand there next season. :P

Polley

Post by Polley » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Last edited by Polley on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Todd.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 am

While the military base was in a major field training, the deer and the buck invade the base,

i swear, there was probably a hundred of them all across the base, when i was running for PT i saw some of them in front of the gym, while i was gone eating at the cafeteria, there was some next to it, and while i was driving during night , i followed a bunch of them walking in the street during 15mins without light to not scare them...............then when i became bored of it, i turned on the light and hit the horn.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

GraphicWave

Post by GraphicWave » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 am

A 70-year-old masturbating over a 20-year-old girl while his wife was taking a bath in a river.
I'm not joking. I was like...what the f*** just happened?
- You can't just be the good guy and expect to live. Not anymore. -

Clout

Post by Clout » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 am

I traveled and stayed 3 nights for a course in NY. On my way home, driving through CT, I pulled into a truck stop/travel center to grab grub. I decided to use the men's room. Innocently enough, I chose the one unoccupied urinal of the two that were in there. Out of the corner of my eye, I witness what can't be unseen. The gentleman next to me is rapidly flushing the urinal and using the stream of water to bathe himself. It first started with a "flicking" motion toward his crotch, then he went on to rubbing his hands together.

Here's where it gets extra WTF.

I have had enough of his display of uncleanliness so I make my way out, with of course stopping to wash my hands. This guy makes his way to the sink next to mine and without using any soap splashes water on his face and does the "drink from cupped hands under a faucet" maneuver.

At this point, I wasn't sure if the road was playing tricks on me or if my lack of sleep from the 3 day class was kicking my brain's ass. Either way, I had that unsettled feeling.

I ended up not getting dinner.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 am

On the subject of strange people at urinals, I was at a bar during crawfish season a few years back. I went to go take a piss, and this guy decides to use the urinal right next to the one I was using, despite the fact that the bathroom was empty. Then, he proceeds to overtly meatgaze me for about five seconds. I'm not talking stealthily or covertly either. He straight out craned his neck and stared directly at my genitalia. Then he looks at me and smiles. I felt violated and confused as to how to react. After all, there is not much in the way of standard social protocol regarding such situations. So I just uneasily washed my hands and left, not bothering to do the usual shake-the-snake post urination ritual.

Now, l have no issue with a man's preference, whatever tops your pizza I say. It was just so...direct.

Though now that I think about it, maybe it just means that my genitals are so awesomely perfect that complete strangers are want to gaze upon them in admiration. :v:

Return to “Survival Experiences”