strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 am

wee drop o' bush wrote:
Meat N' Taters wrote:I guess tonight qualifies. I was fishing a local creek, and kept hearing strange voices and noises from the woods nearby. There were no people around, nor any reason to believe people would be in that patch of woods at that time. I would hear indistinct shouting, and a sound like someone hitting a cowbell. The air seemed to get...thicker around sundown. Very creepy. I am still a little on edge.
http://www.horrormasters.com/../a0359.pdf%20-%20Options
Oh balls o2 isn't tapatalk activated but trust me the link lead to 'Count Magnus' by M R James which would have been perfectly suited to this post :(
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 am

On three separate occasions whilst strolling about town today, a girl smiled at me :shock:
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:22 am

Fletch wrote:On three separate occasions whilst strolling about town today, a girl smiled at me :shock:
Here's another :D
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 am

Did I wake up in an alternate reality today? :?

Cheers wee drop o' bush :lol:
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Zombie Joey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Zombie Joey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 pm

This may not be the strangest thing ever but it's probably one the the most infuriating wheelchair stories in the vein of what TheLastRifleMan wrote about.

There's a rather portly woman, I'd guess she's somewhere in the 300+ pound range, who drives her motorized wheelchair all over town. Now we know that these kind of chairs are not made for people this heavy. This isn't really a unique story but the lady pulls around her 300+ pound daughter who is in a manual wheelchair. I hear they've gone through several wheelchairs because of this.

Ever watch Tosh.0? There's a video of some people doing the same thing.

NSFW.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-cli ... hair-chain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now for the upsetting part. I know some people that are foster parents. One day they get this 10 year old boy who has autism. He's covered in this horrible rash all over his body. It turns out the rash was really flea bites.

I guess you see where this is going. His mom was the lady I mentioned earlier. She was too fat to chase after her kid so when she did catch him she would literally chain him to the front porch so he wouldn't run off. She was also a drunk and would beat him. And she made no attempt to get any sort of treatment for her son's autism.

The foster parents I know had him less than a year and he had made huge improvements just by being in a stable environment.

The daughter wound up getting her own electric wheelchair. Now her and her mom go to various churches and beg for food and other handouts.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. - Robert Heinlein

callista

Post by callista » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 am

Wow... I was all set to get irate for you bashing her for being fat, but if she treats a ten year old kid that badly, bash away; the fat is irrelevant.

BTW, bariatric mobility scooters exist; they just cost more. Maybe her insurance wouldn't cover it.
WARNING: This poster is prone to walls of text, unnecessary pedantry, grammatical nitpicking, and words with more letters than the US postal service. Approach at your own risk. Bring a dictionary.

coyotebc

Post by coyotebc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am

wee drop o' bush wrote:
Artiz wrote:I've seen a two hour Discovery Channel episode on Bigfoot last week, and so far the most likely scenario is that bigfoot isn't a primate, but an old kind of "human" that didn't evolve. So far they've found DNA evidence of a handful of other close species.
It would be amazing if Bigfoot/ Yeti were actually Neanderthals that had survived in isolation alongside us to this present day! :)
Sasquatch doesn't fit the description of a Neanderthal in the least, now an Almus that could be a Neanderthal

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 am

Saw a lady opening up a hamburger, squirting on a packet of ketchup or mustard, then consuming it. All while driving her soccer-mom SUV at 70 mph. I was impress.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I saw a couple of guys on motor scooters riding parrelel, with their wives on the back with one wife holding a child and the other woman feeding the child...... with chopsticks, at speed on the yangao highway. And not a one of them was wearing a helmet.

I see random crap like that daily, my favourite was a grandmother feeding her grandson (of about eleven by the goddamn way) on the metro/subway/tube/underground. Normally not so bad but she was feeding the kid satay which come on pointy pointy sticks, point first into his mouth on a line which is rough to say the least, lots of bumps and sudden stops. Hilarity almost ensued, but sadly they departed before anything interesting could occur.

T-Boon
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero FTW.

Post by T-Boon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 pm

This is pretty high on my list !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoGfEc2iTgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Murph wrote:The mythical use of tampons to plug up bullet wounds was perpetuated by fanboys of Navy SEALS that heard they go out n get shot up, jam themselves full of kotex'es, hump 75lb rucks up hill both ways to and from the LZ, in monsoon rain, killing bad guys in hails of bullets shooting full auto from the hip,all the while chewin on a snake like beef jerky.

dynomike

Post by dynomike » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 pm

I was sound asleep once when I was awakened to something tugging at my feet. I suddenly felt two large hands grab my ankles and try to pull me out of bed. I started to struggle, but my body wouldn't respond. I felt myself dragged halfway down the bed when it suddenly stopped. I then felt myself breathing... in my head. Somehow I could feel my chest heaving up and down in my face. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or what, but let me tell you, it's a weird feeling to feel your face rise and fall. I eventually truly woke up. To this day, I'm not sure if it was a dream or if something was trying to take my soul away.

In October, 2007, my grandfather died. He was 85 and had several strokes over the years. He was severely paralyzed and could hardly speak. The only thing he could do was say a couple of words and laugh. For an old, paralyzed man, he had a roar of a laugh.

Three days after his funeral, at around 2 am, I hear something in my living room. It starts really low, then gets louder and louder. I realize that I can hear my grandfather laughing in the living room. My wife wakes up and hears it too. After 1 minute, the laughing just stops. The same thing happened the next night at 2 am. Proof of life after death? I dunno, you tell me...
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them" - Thomas Paine

"If at first you don't succeed, call an airstrike" - Banksy

Robertsteel

Post by Robertsteel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:47 am

I saw an unidentified object in heaven I doubt is an alien, when I was 16 years old

Boromokot

Post by Boromokot » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 pm

dynomike wrote:I was sound asleep once when I was awakened to something tugging at my feet. I suddenly felt two large hands grab my ankles and try to pull me out of bed. I started to struggle, but my body wouldn't respond. I felt myself dragged halfway down the bed when it suddenly stopped. I then felt myself breathing... in my head. Somehow I could feel my chest heaving up and down in my face. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or what, but let me tell you, it's a weird feeling to feel your face rise and fall. I eventually truly woke up. To this day, I'm not sure if it was a dream or if something was trying to take my soul away.

In October, 2007, my grandfather died. He was 85 and had several strokes over the years. He was severely paralyzed and could hardly speak. The only thing he could do was say a couple of words and laugh. For an old, paralyzed man, he had a roar of a laugh.

Three days after his funeral, at around 2 am, I hear something in my living room. It starts really low, then gets louder and louder. I realize that I can hear my grandfather laughing in the living room. My wife wakes up and hears it too. After 1 minute, the laughing just stops. The same thing happened the next night at 2 am. Proof of life after death? I dunno, you tell me...

The first part sounds like sleep paralysis. That stuff can get pretty realistic and scary

taskforce71

Post by taskforce71 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Fletch wrote:On three separate occasions whilst strolling about town today, a girl smiled at me :shock:
Does this count: once an older woman glanced at me three times and smiled. She was a major MILF!

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 pm

I was working when I took this picture on Mothers' Day this year:

Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 pm

I've been on a few strange power outage calls:

We found a full grown emu laying across all three lines of a three-phase circuit about 40' off the ground.

Once, we found a nice five pound mullet fish on top of a power transformer on a 35' pole.

Another time, my partner and I were riding out the lines. I was driving while he was glassing the lines trying to spot the cause of the outage. He saw what he described as a bunch of small black garbage bags hanging off a section of the power line that crossed a plowed field.

The "garbage bags" were actually a dozen dead crows hanging upside-down from the power line. When we got closer, we saw about two dozen more crows laying on the ground. They all roosted on the same stretch of line at the same time and their combined weight pushed the top "energized" wire down into the neutral/return wire.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MonsterZero
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George A. Romero.

Post by MonsterZero » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

RickOShea wrote:I've been on a few strange power outage calls:

We found a full grown emu laying across all three lines of a three-phase circuit about 40' off the ground.

Once, we found a nice five pound mullet fish on top of a power transformer on a 35' pole.

Another time, my partner and I were riding out the lines. I was driving while he was glassing the lines trying to spot the cause of the outage. He saw what he described as a bunch of small black garbage bags hanging off a section of the power line that crossed a plowed field.

The "garbage bags" were actually a dozen dead crows hanging upside-down from the power line. When we got closer, we saw about two dozen more crows laying on the ground. They all roosted on the same stretch of line at the same time and their combined weight pushed the top "energized" wire down into the neutral/return wire.
First read through I saw 'cows,' not 'crows.' :lol:
"Call me the dark intruder
Call me the haunted sea
Call me your Monster Zero
Call me anything you need."

vampire847

Post by vampire847 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 am

I saw a man on a motorcycle taking a turn onto an on ramp to the highway while texting with both hands on his phone

Now this one I didn't see but I was home alone making myself ramen in the kitchen and from bout 9 foot away on top of the microwave a ceramic bowl my sister made flew off and hit me.

Gaston
Favorite Zombie Movies: Chuck Norris and Jason Statham movies. I mean, you can't kill them, they don't suck blood so they aren't vampires, or change into an animal during a full moon so they aren't were-beasts, so they pretty much have to be Zombies, right?

Post by Gaston » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 am

crypto wrote:A meth-head walking down the street buttfingering his tweaking girlfriend (who wasnt wearing pants) in broad daylight.

Still not as fucked up as an albino bigfoot though.

Yes, yes it is, unless the bigfoot had a tweaked out bigfoot girlfriend and was doing the same. Which brings the question, does a Bigfoot do drugs? If so, where does he get them?

Artiz

Post by Artiz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 pm

taskforce71 wrote:
Does this count: once an older woman glanced at me three times and smiled. She was a major MILF!
It counts if you didn't smile back and...

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I saw a goat poop on an old russian land mine and boom fresh gyro's. :D
aghanistan is like a walk in the park, that is if the park had bears and the bears had machine guns

wagdhead

Post by wagdhead » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Driving down a back road I came up on a car driving very slow. I could not see into the rear windows because they were covered by something. As I got closer it realixed the back window had newspapers taped to it, and that a small rectangle had been cut out inline with the rearview mirror. The road widened, and I went to pass the car. The rear passenger windows were also covered, and when I tried to look at the driver. He began screaming at me and blocking the drivers side window with a map. I noticed he was wearing latex gloves, and dark glasses. After I passed him I started taking down his plate # (need to work on my reading in the mirror skills). He began swerving and I could tell he was screaming louder. I called 911 and reported what I saw. I saw blue lights in my rearview as I kept on trucking. I really wanted to stay and find out what was going on, but I figured the police would have enough to deal with.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
H. L. Mencken

M.C.L.C

Post by M.C.L.C » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I was in my yard one time and i looked down at some ants that were on a paver and i shit you not there was a larger ant trapped on its back, with smaller ants (two per leg) holding it down. It reminded me of that part in Gullivers Travels where the lilliputians tie him to the ground.

:|

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:52 am

MonsterZero wrote:
RickOShea wrote:I've been on a few strange power outage calls:

First read through I saw 'cows,' not 'crows.' :lol:
I had the same issue, really threw me.
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Return to “Survival Experiences”