strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NorrisUnleashed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead.
World War Z(I know not a Movie)

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by NorrisUnleashed » Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 pm

MonsterQuest < In Search Of
Draugrbitr

Artiz

Post by Artiz » Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:
Artiz wrote:I've seen a two hour Discovery Channel episode on Bigfoot last week, and so far the most likely scenario is that bigfoot isn't a primate, but an old kind of "human" that didn't evolve. So far they've found DNA evidence of a handful of other close species.
It would be amazing if Bigfoot/ Yeti were actually Neanderthals that had survived in isolation alongside us to this present day! :)
It would be very likely, since there are still isolated and undisturbed tribes in jungles today.

Pandion
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD

Post by Pandion » Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Personally I think that it is next to impossible for an animal with such a big biomass to remain undetected for so long... i mean ONE of them is bound to end up as roadkill one day will it? or shot by an over-zealous deer hunter... but that's just me. I passed through my phase of Cryptozoology Jeriah, right around the time of the supposed re-discovery of the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker and i'm still a sceptic on most species.

However having said that, I still cannot find statisfying explanations for some of the weird stuff that people see...

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 pm

just gonna throw this out there:
it is widely regarded that neanderthal man was just as intelligent as modern man, (im on my phone so will edit this later) so if (big if) sasquatch/bigfoot was related to man through this line, or as a missing link it would not be unwise to assume that the creature's intelligence would be on a level if not equal, then at least close to our own. cro magnons didn't evolve technologically because they (theroised) couldn't, literally couldn't. they were locked into their technology as they were unable to build on what they knew already, not an intelligence factor but a factor of imagination. so cross the intelligence of neanderthal with the inability to be dynamic of the cro mag's and you have what would be a creature smart enough to evade and watch man, but not smart enough to build or create structures/tools beyond stone age tech.

or it's all bullshit - i don't know
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue May 24, 2011 3:47 am

Fletch wrote:just gonna throw this out there:
it is widely regarded that neanderthal man was just as intelligent as modern man, (im on my phone so will edit this later) so if (big if) sasquatch/bigfoot was related to man through this line, or as a missing link it would not be unwise to assume that the creature's intelligence would be on a level if not equal, then at least close to our own. cro magnons didn't evolve technologically because they (theroised) couldn't, literally couldn't. they were locked into their technology as they were unable to build on what they knew already, not an intelligence factor but a factor of imagination. so cross the intelligence of neanderthal with the inability to be dynamic of the cro mag's and you have what would be a creature smart enough to evade and watch man, but not smart enough to build or create structures/tools beyond stone age tech.

or it's all bullshit - i don't know
No that's a very good point
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

silversnake

Post by silversnake » Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 am

Fletch wrote:cro magnons didn't evolve technologically because they (theroised) couldn't, literally couldn't. they were locked into their technology as they were unable to build on what they knew already, not an intelligence factor but a factor of imagination.
Going off topic from the thread, but would love a source for this theory that Cro-Magnon were intelligent enough to use flint and bone tools and creative enough to paint cave walls, but were not imaginative enough to further advance their own tool/culture technology.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue May 24, 2011 12:18 pm

NorrisUnleashed wrote:MonsterQuest < In Search Of
As long as you're hanging out in the late seventies, wanna drop by San Diego and watch me be born? :lol:

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue May 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Jeriah wrote:
As long as you're hanging out in the late seventies, wanna drop by San Diego and watch me be born? :lol:
Strangest thing i've ever seen? Well you see, this one time, I was hanging out in the 70's...
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Tue May 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:
Jeriah wrote:
Strangest thing i've ever seen? Well you see, this one time, I was hanging out in the 70's...
The hair was long, and the cocaine-fueled orgies were longer. The smooth voice of Barry Gibb provided a soundtrack for my life. I met a girl by the name of Roxxy one night at the disco.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Horatio_Tyllis wrote:
Jeriah wrote:
The hair was long, and the cocaine-fueled orgies were longer. The smooth voice of Barry Gibb provided a soundtrack for my life. I met a girl by the name of Roxxy one night at the disco.
One thing led to another... and well.. Jeriah my son, here I met you at ZS.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

NorrisUnleashed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead.
World War Z(I know not a Movie)

Post by NorrisUnleashed » Tue May 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Im starting to think the strangest thing I have ever seen is this thread.
Draugrbitr

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

NorrisUnleashed wrote:Im starting to think the strangest thing I have ever seen is this thread.
Which leads me to believe that you haven't seen the "Things You Never Want to Hear" thread. :lol:

SeerSavant
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Meat N' Taters wrote:
NorrisUnleashed wrote:Im starting to think the strangest thing I have ever seen is this thread.
Which leads me to believe that you haven't seen the "Things You Never Want to Hear" thread. :lol:
what????

Wait...

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... nt+to+hear

Cool...

I'll be reading for a while...

Artiz

Post by Artiz » Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 pm

silversnake wrote:
Fletch wrote:cro magnons didn't evolve technologically because they (theroised) couldn't, literally couldn't. they were locked into their technology as they were unable to build on what they knew already, not an intelligence factor but a factor of imagination.
Going off topic from the thread, but would love a source for this theory that Cro-Magnon were intelligent enough to use flint and bone tools and creative enough to paint cave walls, but were not imaginative enough to further advance their own tool/culture technology.
Well, I could explain why homo sapiens (today's human being) exists, and how it "evolved" after homo erectus, but I won't. It's a pretty extreme theory (I wouldn't say theory since it's what really happened, but for uneducated people it's just a theory among others), even for a zombie forum... :lol:

In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that if I start talking, a bunch of people here are gonna start crying (realizing they are/were not crazy). Those people know what I'm talking about and I'm not explaining it any further, I don't want to look like a crazy person (yeah right...).
Last edited by Artiz on Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

airexurb

Post by airexurb » Wed May 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Artiz wrote:
In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that if I start talking, a bunch of people here are gonna start crying (realizing they are/were not crazy). Those people know what I'm talking about.

explain yourself, please. In Detail.
ista_hota wrote:"Hey Jim can I borrow your trailer?"
"No I need it tomorrow."
"Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat your penis then."

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 pm

airexurb wrote:
Artiz wrote:
In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that if I start talking, a bunch of people here are gonna start crying (realizing they are/were not crazy). Those people know what I'm talking about.

explain yourself, please. In Detail.
Via PM, please, so as to not derail the thread further. Thanks.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Kyle Ryder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn
Day
Land
G.E Romero films :)

Post by Kyle Ryder » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Off the top of my head was the a pure ginger-haired girl (white caucasian with blue eyes) with a dyed red asian grandma speaking a completely alien language in a Bangkok Shopping Mall.
I actually walked past them twice to confirm the language was off the charts.
They shut up when I passed them a second time and eyed me warily somewhat.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

Not super strange, but while gar fishing the other day, a four-footer came out of nowhere, ignored the big chunk of cut bait on my hook, and proceeded to attack my float, tearing it to little pieces. I swear tht fish floated there and looked right at me afterward. I think it just wanted to fuck with me. :shock:

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Kyle Ryder wrote:Off the top of my head was the a pure ginger-haired girl (white caucasian with blue eyes) with a dyed red asian grandma speaking a completely alien language in a Bangkok Shopping Mall.
I actually walked past them twice to confirm the language was off the charts.
They shut up when I passed them a second time and eyed me warily somewhat.

LOL its a live action amine.
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

MonsterZero
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George A. Romero.

Post by MonsterZero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I've seen more male tramp stamps in Florida in the past 8 months (fuck, it's been 8 months already) than I did living 20 years back home.
"Call me the dark intruder
Call me the haunted sea
Call me your Monster Zero
Call me anything you need."

Dr Jekell
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series
Assorted Oldies

Post by Dr Jekell » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:00 pm

The Memebase site of "Picture Is Unrelated" (Link).

This site seems to have a very good supply of Whatthefuckery

Be warned there are some images on the site that are defiantly NSFW & or kids

Like this link for example

Or how about Chucky

There are others but they are too NSFW & ZS (like the Buzz & Woody one).
Screw the 2012 apocalypse. Ragnarok bitches!

There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions

Zdeno
BANNED

Post by Zdeno » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 am

I spent a week in the hospital once for a pretty bad concussion to my head after falling down some stairs, the patient in the bed next to me would talk about numbers in his sleep randomly, on day three of me being there he completely went insane after the nurse tried to stop him from sleep walking, he knocked her down then flipped his bed and ripped his shirt in the process, he had huge gashes across his back, arms and chest like someone had taken a boxcutter to him.

I to this day have not been more afraid of any individual in my life.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 pm

I guess tonight qualifies. I was fishing a local creek, and kept hearing strange voices and noises from the woods nearby. There were no people around, nor any reason to believe people would be in that patch of woods at that time. I would hear indistinct shouting, and a sound like someone hitting a cowbell. The air seemed to get...thicker around sundown. Very creepy. I am still a little on edge.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:55 am

Meat N' Taters wrote:I guess tonight qualifies. I was fishing a local creek, and kept hearing strange voices and noises from the woods nearby. There were no people around, nor any reason to believe people would be in that patch of woods at that time. I would hear indistinct shouting, and a sound like someone hitting a cowbell. The air seemed to get...thicker around sundown. Very creepy. I am still a little on edge.
http://www.horrormasters.com/../a0359.pdf%20-%20Options
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Return to “Survival Experiences”