strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by Bearcat » Sat May 14, 2011 9:22 am

TheLastRifleMan wrote:I have a phantom cat story that was experienced by two friends of mine at the same time. You all wants to hear it?
R Man, any story you have is worth telling.
squinty wrote:I once turned away from the kitchen counter while making a sandwich, just for an instant. When I turned back my roomate's half feral pirate cats had lept up onto the counter and seized all my bologna in their sharp sharp cat teeth. My cries of "WTF" thundered through the house but they made a clean getaway. I could hear them fighting over lunchmeat under the bed - they all wanted my baloney, for their booty.

The next day I saw two of them scramble down the hallway and into the living room in stark naked panic. Thin red streamers of plastic were protruding from their little cat butts, and they were trying to outrun them but the scary scary rustly plastic things stayed right behind them no matter how fast they ran. When they were finally exhausted enough to catch, I deftly yanked the little plastic bologna wrappers from the cats asses, nearly getting my hand shredded in the process. Oh, and then I saw a spaceship. It was strange.
The cat my dad rescued ate my shoe strings up but revenge was mine as I had to hold her down while he pulled a foot and a half of string out of her ass.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Sat May 14, 2011 11:13 am

had a super shitty day at work so i came home just now for my lunch break and as i am shutting my garage door a fucking fox just ran out of my garage.
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 am

I recall now when I was a very ssmall child I had one of those cans of springy snakes that explodes when you open it, and one day being confused as to where the snakes had gone :?

The mystery was resolved later when my mother gave me a graphic view as to why one should always put ones toys away, 'twas a cat turd with springs for arms and legs :lol:
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Sat May 14, 2011 1:34 pm

man in black wrote:had a super shitty day at work so i came home just now for my lunch break and as i am shutting my garage door a fucking fox just ran out of my garage.
I think you may have a problem :shock:.

Oh yeah, the phantom cat story! I had almost forgotten.

This was not one of my own weird tales but one told to me by my oldest friend. We have been friends for almost 40 years and the other person with him was a big time outdoor type guy who was rarely rattled by anything. But this incident had him spooked good!

My oldest friend, let's call him Jorge, was having the other gentleman, Curtis, staying at his home so Curtis could do some major remodeling on Jorge's house. Curtis specializes in interior remodeling in houses and one day after he had finished up what he could do for the day and Jorge had arrived home, it was still very much a beautiful summer day with plenty of daylight left. Jorge suggested they grab their fishing poles, hop in his truck and head down to a county park a few miles away that was situated right on a large bend in the local river. Recent rains had rose the water level a bit and had also created a bumper crop of misquitos, due to large amounts of standing water, which had the fish biting near sunset. Curtis thought this an excellent idea and after a change of clothes for both, off they went.

To get to this small park takes a bit longer then it really should, since one must take unpaved back roads that wind and turn through many farms and fields until you reach the main paved road on which the park is located. Only about 6 miles or so away, it takes about twenty minutes to get there, literally ones of those places you "can't get to from here" type things. Jorge and Curtis were happily sipping away and ice cold bottles of Squirt (Jorge is a strict tea totaler and Curtis is a reformed alcoholic) when they finally came to one of the few straight parts on the first road. Even though it was lacking in curves, you still have to take it slow, under 30 MPH, or you could still put the shocks right up through the fender wells due to the ruts and potholes created by the recent rains and heavy farm equipment. They were heading nearly dead west, the sun just over to their left when Jorge spotted something to the right side of the road, in the tall grass, right next to a half rotted fence post. It was only about 40 yards away.

To him, it looked like a large cat. Not like a large house cat, but not lion sized either. He said it was about the size of a cougar or mountain lion but much darker in color, a "spotted" chocolate brown. It looked right at them both with startling bright green eyes. Not a quick glance, he later told me, but a menacing, is his words, "don't fuck with me!" look. He figures it look at them both for about 3 to 5 seconds. The distance was now about 20 yards at most.

"Jorge, you see that thing?" Curtis yelled. He had nearly spilled his soda and this burly construction worker, who had hunted grizzly at close range in Alaska was clearly agitated.

"Yeah, I see it!" Jorge said. He slowed down and they both watched as it gracefully turned slightly away from them and slipped down into the grass filled ditch that was in front of the old fence post. Jorge was now parallel to the spot were they first saw the large cat and he could see the grass moving just below the old fence post. Jorge was almost at a stop and suddenly the grass stopped moving. Then the biggest surprise of his life.

All of a sudden, without hardly any movement of the grass, a small, brown stripped tabby house cat jumped onto the gravel shoulder of the road from the tall grass. It sat down and started to lick one of it's paws as Jorge idled past it. It looked up at the moving truck for a split second, got up and started to saunter down the shoulder of the road, back toward a farmhouse about a quarter of a mile away.

Both Jorge and Curtis were dumbfounded. They had both clearly seen the large cat, close enough to see it's green eyes stare at them. Both of them felt quite uneasy about it, like it was not supposed to have been seen by them. They kept going to the park and wondered the whole time what exactly the had seen and what really occurred. On they way back, they did go the same way and did look for sign or tracks, but found only the house cat's prints in the old mud. They did, however, catch a cooler full of sunfish and bluegill and invited my over for a fish fry the next night.

He called me the next day and told me about it and we went out a week later to do some fishing and wild asparagus gathering but were driven away by the black clouds of misquitos.

I am not sure what they saw, but I believe them both. Neither one makes up tales like this or have a reason to. When I talked to them the next day both seemed quite spooked by the whole thing.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

Gyrfalcon

Post by Gyrfalcon » Sat May 14, 2011 4:51 pm

The next day I saw two of them scramble down the hallway and into the living room in stark naked panic. Thin red streamers of plastic were protruding from their little cat butts, and they were trying to outrun them but the scary scary rustly plastic things stayed right behind them no matter how fast they ran. When they were finally exhausted enough to catch, I deftly yanked the little plastic bologna wrappers from the cats asses, nearly getting my hand shredded in the process. Oh, and then I saw a spaceship. It was strange.

The cat my dad rescued ate my shoe strings up but revenge was mine as I had to hold her down while he pulled a foot and a half of string out of her ass.
Pulling strings/ribbons from cats'/dogs' rectums is an excellent way to kill them, as it can easily be entangled in their GI tract.

Don't do it.

Cut the ribbon/string off, and seek veterinary care for the cat if it does not pass, or if the cat exhibits vomiting (especially coupled with diarrhea), unusual behavior, or abdominal distension.

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Sat May 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:

Pulling strings/ribbons from cats'/dogs' rectums is an excellent way to kill them, as it can easily be entangled in their GI tract.

Don't do it.

Cut the ribbon/string off, and seek veterinary care for the cat if it does not pass, or if the cat exhibits vomiting (especially coupled with diarrhea), unusual behavior, or abdominal distension.
I didn't know that. I will tell my dad that and we'll take them to the vet if it happens again.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Sat May 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Gyrfalcon wrote:

Don't do it.

I didn't know that. I will tell my dad that and we'll take them to the vet if it happens again.
Guess I got lucky, the roomate's cats seemed fine. The ribbons were almost completely excreted, there wasn't much left in their rectums. I think the best way to have handled that situation would have been to keep them off the counter to begin with, so I failed twice - I let'em eat something dangerous, then put'em at risk trying to fix it. They survived me, as they have many other disasters. Now I know better.
Last edited by squinty on Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

acingram

Post by acingram » Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 am

I have seen plenty of very strange things but to keep it zombie-related - - - One time as a kid I was walking with my friend kicking this little plastic ball around after dark. There was only one streetlight on in the middle of the road we were on and we kept hearing this weird moaning sound. I look up, and no kidding there is a lady, about 300 pounds walking all crazy and drooling, moaning and groaning. I'm thinking ummm...ok WTF is that?!?!?! Me and my friend just stopped, and he whispered, "Don't run....Don't run." But F that! I RAN like crazy haha. He just followed me and we didn't stop til we got back to his mom's house. Later we heard that the woman was actually a mentally handicapped woman that "escaped" from the house she lived in with several other special needs people and their nurses. Just proves my zombie survival tactic is run FAAAR away lol.

septithol

Post by septithol » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Strange things I've seen, hmm? Well, a couple:

1. Once, I got up around sunrise on a cloudy day. And the entire overcast sky was a bright, lemon-yellow color.
2. There's a man I sometimes see jogging between 5-6 am, always wearing nothing but what looks like a very tight bright pink pair of woman's panties. It looks so ridiculous, I think he might actually attract less attention if he went jogging naked.
3. Several decapitated animals lined up on the railroad tracks with their necks flush to the track, making it look like they all decided to commit mass suicide.
4. A black squirrel with a white tail
5. A bird with two heads
6. This one I saw just this evening, someone skateboarding while wearing an all-over black spandex outfit. I do mean all-over, their face and head were entirely covered by fabric as well.
West: The idea was to learn more about infection. Have him teach me.
Jim: And... has he?
West: In a way. He's telling me he'll never bake bread, plant crops, raise livestock. He's telling me he's futureless. And eventually, he'll tell me how long the infected take to starve to death.

Artiz

Post by Artiz » Tue May 17, 2011 6:20 pm

chrispartida wrote:I was once returning from a weekend trip to Las Vegas with a few friends, we had a few beers in the car, they drank while I drove (legal in LV, but maybe not past stateline - oops). We figured it'd be a good idea to stop out in the middle of the desert, for no good reason, to take a piss and finish the drinks (mine was an energy drink). Night had fallen, and it was completely dark out. We pulled off the 15 freeway somewhere around here.
There really wasn't much, the only landmark was a railroad track that we went over. After a few minutes of hanging out, and screwing around, the gals wanted me to take their picture. I wasn't gonna say no. They went and stood in the middle of the road and posed. I snapped a few photos and then noticed something behind them.
In the distance was an orange light, floating on the horizon. I couldn't tell how far away it was, but it really looked eerie. I told everyone, and we all started staring at it. It moved side to side, up and down - like no aerial vehicle I knew anything about. It was like a glowing balloon in the wind, but there was no wind, at all. The light slowly got closer, gaining in size.
"I'm pretty much ready to get the fuck outta here, how about you guys?" I said. They all agreed with haste. We drove away, pretty quickly, looking back and seeing the light, still on the horizon. Even from the freeway you could see it, and it wasn't small. Whatever it was, it freaked us all out.
We were spooked, no doubt.
Orbs or ships of extra terrestrial nature that sometimes change shape or size, move in ways human aircraft can't replicate, but never makes any sound. Seen all the time, everywhere in the world, and have been REALLY increasing as of late.

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Wed May 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Artiz wrote:Orbs or ships of extra terrestrial nature that sometimes change shape or size, move in ways human aircraft can't replicate, but never makes any sound. Seen all the time, everywhere in the world, and have been REALLY increasing as of late.
I was going to comment on this... but then I remembered that I was on a zombie survival forum. Carry on.
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 pm

OK, I can't think of where to ask this and don't want to start a new thread, so I'm posting this in a few existing threads:

Who was it that said they saw a bigfoot while training in the Marine Mountain Warfare Training Area near Bridgeport, California? And where is that post? I can't find it.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Wed May 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Today I experienced something that ranks up there with the weirdest I've ever seen.

I work with a contractor. I am a carpenter, roofer, and siding man by experience. My most recent job involves swathing the home of a local dealership owner with vinyl and aluminum. My boss (a contractor with 30+ years experience) built a cut-table that enables me to use a Rotary saw to cut vinyl siding rapidly. Today, while I was getting ready to slice a piece of soffit to fit, a bluebird flapped up and landed on the saw. Less than 1 1/2 feet in front of me. And it refused to move. I had to push it off the saw with the handle of my hammer before I could continue working. The bird flapped to the ground in front of my work-space, an stayed there for close to an hour.

During that hour I almost stepped on the damn thing several times, so I picked it up and put it on top of our client's boat (on a trailer and tarped right behind me). It stayed there for another half-hour, hopping along the top of the boat as I passed material up to the guy on the scaffolding. It was watching every move I made, and did it's best to stay close to me without hopping or flying off of the boat. As I handed up the last piece of siding for the day, I noticed it staring at me. When the last piece was nailed in place, I looked over to the boat and saw the bird flop over and roll off of the boat. It dropped dead while I watched. Creeped me the fuck out.

PS: Sent the bird off to KY Fish and Wildlife for a necropsy. They say it will take a week or two to find out why the bird died.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Wed May 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Awe, darkaxel, sheer goddamn awe at your manliness.....thats why it died!

Thats pretty weird though
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

lokifz1
Favorite Zombie Movies: Must have Alice in it.

Post by lokifz1 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:18 am

Years ago found a fresh homicide on News Year eve.

The body was laying outside an apartment, heard some movement inside and entered with my partner to find a bloody nude Indian female midget coming down the stairs.
Beretta accept no substitute.

man in black
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Thu May 19, 2011 2:41 am

lokifz1 wrote:Years ago found a fresh homicide on News Year eve.

The body was laying outside an apartment, heard some movement inside and entered with my partner to find a bloody nude Indian female midget coming down the stairs.

WHAT THE FUCK. DETAILS PLEASE
As we run into the house
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

T-Boon
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero FTW.

Post by T-Boon » Thu May 19, 2011 3:05 am

man in black wrote:

Murph wrote:The mythical use of tampons to plug up bullet wounds was perpetuated by fanboys of Navy SEALS that heard they go out n get shot up, jam themselves full of kotex'es, hump 75lb rucks up hill both ways to and from the LZ, in monsoon rain, killing bad guys in hails of bullets shooting full auto from the hip,all the while chewin on a snake like beef jerky.

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 am

man in black wrote:

What this man said. Really.
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

lokifz1

Post by lokifz1 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:43 pm

It was in a Public Housing project, icey New Years eve saw a male lying next to the alley curb, my partner gets out of the car and leans over him asking Sir, are you Ok. Me I notice his throat is ripped open and he has a layer of ice on him. We both see a blood trail leading to and under an apartment screen door. We hear someone moving inside and go in to clear the apartment while we have other units in route. Find the nude bloody indian female midget coming down the stairs. And a male with blood soaked socks acting like he is asleep upstairs.

Turns out it was a party of people from the homeless shelter the female midget knew. There was a fight between two males over who was going to sleep with the female and one swung a knife around hitting the other in the throat ripping it open and killing him. They drug his body outside and used the sheets that they had hung like draps to try and clean up the blood. Perp ended up convicted of Manslaughter.

Ended up with a pretty good story out of it, but not quite up to the unattended death of a Grandmother, that involves a poodle body fluids and kissing.

man in black
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

lokifz1 wrote:It was in a Public Housing project, icey New Years eve saw a male lying next to the alley curb, my partner gets out of the car and leans over him asking Sir, are you Ok. Me I notice his throat is ripped open and he has a layer of ice on him. We both see a blood trail leading to and under an apartment screen door. We hear someone moving inside and go in to clear the apartment while we have other units in route. Find the nude bloody indian female midget coming down the stairs. And a male with blood soaked socks acting like he is asleep upstairs.

Turns out it was a party of people from the homeless shelter the female midget knew. There was a fight between two males over who was going to sleep with the female and one swung a knife around hitting the other in the throat ripping it open and killing him. They drug his body outside and used the sheets that they had hung like draps to try and clean up the blood. Perp ended up convicted of Manslaughter.

Ended up with a pretty good story out of it, but not quite up to the unattended death of a Grandmother, that involves a poodle body fluids and kissing.

moar ridiculous cop stories!
As we run into the house
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 pm

In the Jail I work at, I once had to strip search an elderly demented man who had criminal charges...he sat down and proceded to take off his leg, then popped out his glass eye, then removed all his clothes except for a pair of fishnet womens underwear.

Another time a pill-head ate a bag of pills before he came into custody, only to have the bag burst in his stomach several hours later....when I did my rounds, I looked in on his cell (not knowing about the pills yet), and foung him writing songs on the wall in his own fecal matter.

Another time I had an inmate come at me with a set of nunchuks made of 2 Mt. dew bottles full of water tied up in a sock

lokifz1

Post by lokifz1 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 am

Completely true. But thank you for doubting my veracity.

man in black
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Fri May 20, 2011 2:36 am

lokifz1 wrote:Completely true. But thank you for doubting my veracity.

not ridiculous as in "that's bullshit" but more ridiculous as in " I cannot believe that happened thats so crazy i need to hear more because there is no way anyone could make that up" it was a compliment dude, but f'real more! i love your stories
As we run into the house
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down

jakesway

Post by jakesway » Fri May 20, 2011 3:23 am

A bird that was half turkey, half duck. freaking strangest thing i have ever seen.. : P

Return to “Survival Experiences”