strangest thing you have ever seen

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Zombie Reaper
BANNED

strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by Zombie Reaper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 pm

This is just so we can all relate stories about the weird, creepy, strange or just plain odd.

I'll start. Saw a guy stalking through the woods with a Braveheart looking sword, wearing all black and and he had a Walkman on. He saw me and immediatly bolted off like a bat out of hell. Never figured out what was going on there.

Feel free to post about ufos and bigfoot if you wish.

Have fun.
I am the most hated person on ZS. DTOM put me on ignore for telling him to become rich!!!!!
Gundown, DTOM, the list will continue.

Giacomo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead, and Shaun of the Dead

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Post by Giacomo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Big guy + big sword + dark clothes + walkman? That only comes to one obvious solution, clearly a large time traveling ninja lost his weapon only to get another one in medieval europe because he was chasing an evil time traveling scientist, later he arrived somewhere in our time period and is using a walkman to gather information and upon seeing you realized you were some far off related relative and had to run to save the universe from exploding. I doubt there could be another explanation as clear as that.
EvilTOJ wrote:
Browning 35 wrote: I'm beginning to realize that you guys are all fucking nuts. :shock:
And a forum dedicated to preparing for a zombpocalypse wasn't your first clue we're all slightly mad? :lol:
PistolPete wrote:And you always wear a suit when you are granted audience with Kyle. He's generally naked, but everyone is too scared to bring it up.

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 pm

The strangest thing I have ever seen was at the collage campus my father used to teach at. They have an entire herd of albino deer.
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

E

Post by E » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 pm

hmm that would have to be this van i saw at a home depot in college park that looked like a bomb of shit exploded all over it. It had hubcaps epoxied on the outside, steer skull on top, canoe oars bolted to the side, etc etc etc. weirdest car i ever saw...
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

Zombie Reaper
BANNED

Post by Zombie Reaper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Ov3rLord wrote:Big guy + big sword + dark clothes + walkman? That only comes to one obvious solution, clearly a large time traveling ninja lost his weapon only to get another one in medieval europe because he was chasing an evil time traveling scientist, later he arrived somewhere in our time period and is using a walkman to gather information and upon seeing you realized you were some far off related relative and had to run to save the universe from exploding. I doubt there could be another explanation as clear as that.
How many times did you say you have done acid?
I am the most hated person on ZS. DTOM put me on ignore for telling him to become rich!!!!!
Gundown, DTOM, the list will continue.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 am

I saw a fucked up bigfoot-looking thing on a winter camping trip once last year. I don't know what the hell it was, it was definitely white, and looked like it was running on 2 legs, fast, and looked big. Michelle saw it too. We stepped out onto the trail as we were breaking camp and saw it haul ass down the trail, about 100 yards from us. We sort of incredulously looked at each other after it dissapeared, like "Uh, did that just happen?

Our friend Ollie was incredulous, but told us about an indian legend of something along the same lines that was supposed to inhabit the very region we were in.

I dunno. I'm not normally a bigfoot/chupucabra/yeti kind of guy. I have no idea how to explain what I saw. Weird.

Other weird things I've seen:
A traveling midget professional wrestling troupe.
A meth-head walking down the street buttfingering his tweaking girlfriend (who wasnt wearing pants) in broad daylight.

Still not as fucked up as an albino bigfoot though.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

HHaase
Favorite Zombie Movies: Errrr, I actually don't like zombie movies.
::::runs away::::

Post by HHaase » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 am

Saw a cessna flying in reverse one time. Just a freaky day, he had too much headwind and was actually travelling backwards for a few minutes.

-Hans
"This does not mean, however, that we are unaware of the true meaning of the term 'security.'
To us, the term has broad meaning. It rests in the physical force embodied as it is in the ships and their base,
but also in intellectual factors among which Intelligence plays an outstanding role."
- Captain Ellis M. Zacaraias, USN

Rock2Fox

Post by Rock2Fox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:24 am

Other weird things I've seen:
A traveling midget professional wrestling troupe.
A meth-head walking down the street buttfingering his tweaking girlfriend (who wasnt wearing pants) in broad daylight.

Still not as fucked up as an albino bigfoot though.
Aggregately, I believe the former might rival the latter.
"The bombing begins in five minutes." -- Ronald Reagan

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:24 am

I once saw a post by GunDown that was both coherent, and it didn't insult anyone. I marked on my calender at home :P
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Giacomo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead, and Shaun of the Dead

Post by Giacomo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:57 am

Zombie Reaper wrote:
Ov3rLord wrote:Big guy + big sword + dark clothes + walkman? That only comes to one obvious solution, clearly a large time traveling ninja lost his weapon only to get another one in medieval europe because he was chasing an evil time traveling scientist, later he arrived somewhere in our time period and is using a walkman to gather information and upon seeing you realized you were some far off related relative and had to run to save the universe from exploding. I doubt there could be another explanation as clear as that.
How many times did you say you have done acid?
Acid what's that? :wink:
Molon Labe wrote:I once saw a post by GunDown that was both coherent, and it didn't insult anyone. I marked on my calender at home :P
Ya right, everyone knows that's just an urban legend. Like the easter fairy, tooth bunny and Norway.
EvilTOJ wrote:
Browning 35 wrote: I'm beginning to realize that you guys are all fucking nuts. :shock:
And a forum dedicated to preparing for a zombpocalypse wasn't your first clue we're all slightly mad? :lol:
PistolPete wrote:And you always wear a suit when you are granted audience with Kyle. He's generally naked, but everyone is too scared to bring it up.

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 am

As odd as it sounds, I've never seen anything strange. I've always been able to make sense of what I see. Damn, I really can't think of anything. There's been some pretty funny posts here though.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

maddmatt

Post by maddmatt » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 am

Me and my dad were walking into my grandfathers wood to go squirrel hunting, when a man wearing full Native American chieftain cloths came running out with a muzzloader and kept running till he hit the road

"It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…" Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:50 am

I've seen two UFOs in my life. Bear in mind that UFO does not mean "flying saucer" but simply an Unidentified Flying Object. One sighting was at night, the other in broad daylight. Both times there was clearly an object in flight, observed for several minutes, which exhibited distinct characteristics inconsistent with existing aircraft or known natural phenomena. Again, I'm not saying I saw spaceships from another world, but both incidents were rather unsettling.

I think the meth-head couple would have been more unsettling though. :)
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 am

Saw a guy stomping through a retail district one night wearing a very pissed-off expression, a rubber Batman mask (like the ones from the current series of Batman movies), a T-shirt for some metal band, black jeans tucked into engineer boots, and what appeared to be a couple dozen or so wallet chains running from somewhere around his waist down to somewhere around his boot tops. I dubbed him BatGuy. Saw him one other time, about a year later, riding a bicycle down the left turn lane of a main thoroughfare at around 3:00 AM.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Hobbes
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the Dead

Post by Hobbes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:59 am

Zombie Reaper wrote:This is just so we can all relate stories about the weird, creepy, strange or just plain odd.

I'll start. Saw a guy stalking through the woods with a Braveheart looking sword, wearing all black and and he had a Walkman on. He saw me and immediatly bolted off like a bat out of hell. Never figured out what was going on there.

Feel free to post about ufos and bigfoot if you wish.

Have fun.
That was probably just an outcast high school student. We had a kid exactly like that in my school.

I started blacksmithing when I was in about 10th grade, didn't get into it seriously untill this year, though. One day this kid walked up to me:
"I hear you're a bladesmith."
"Ah, yeah. I've done it a few times."
"Well I need a master smithy to repair my Dragon Slayer. It's 12 feet long, 3 inches thick, and forged from pure titanium. It's really heavy. I carry it on my shoulder and the weight pushes it into it."

At which time he showed me what looked like a cat scratch on his shoulder. Of course I told him I'd "repair his Dragon Slayer" because I didn't want him to come to school and shoot me.

He used to listen to a voice recorder, which when I got close enough to hear, sounded like one of those tapes/CDs people would get for Halloween of hearts beating, people screaming, werewolves, ect.

So, you probably saw one of my classmates.
And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might;
Since it was better to glimpse the sky and perish,
Than to live without ever beholding the day.

Lucretius
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero stuff

Post by Lucretius » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 am

Two disturbing things from a summer job a fortunate many years ago comes to mind.

I worked at a summer retreat for people with mental problems (a good place to see some wierd sh*t, of course).

1. Under the pillow of a "guest" I found a barbie doll. Yes, a grown man having a barbie is a little wierd. But only a little. This had the breasts and the strangely smooth area between the legs gnawed off. Just three holes with ragged edges... :shock:

2. One morning we couldn't find the undersheet in one of the beds. We looked for a looong time but in the end we had to give it up. The sheet were gone. The strange observation were made a couple of days later, when we pulled the sheet out of the guy who apparentely had eaten it one fiber at a time. They passed his digestive system intact, so you just had to pull them out.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
SMoAF wrote: I used to have a shrink. He killed himself.

donjulio

Post by donjulio » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 am

A few weeks ago my wife and I drove down to Joplin to see if we could spot the spooklight. And we did. It was totally weird. It was bright orange and white and just bobbed along the top of a treeline about a quarter mile down the road from us.

supraneurotoxin

Post by supraneurotoxin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:39 am

was out on the porch smoking and counting planes in the night sky with my father-in-law one evening. saw what we took to be a falling star(it was moving a little fast to be a jet), until it made a PERFECT right angle to move along another trajectory.

visiting my mother at work one night(graveyard shift in a very old nursing home. was a TB hospital back in the day), when I rounded a corner and caught a glimpse of a tall woman entering a room dressed like this:
they told me a story about "the white nurse" after I told them what I'd seen.

my mother says that every time some one reports seeing children in their room, they're dead within a few days.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 pm

I over heard a hobo tell this story to a random older couple.
"now jonny was a self made man. Most people don't know this, but jonny invented the MARBLE. Now jonny would make these marbles in is mom's basement. And now jonny would would walk around with these buckets of water around his waist, but heeerrreee is the kicker. He also had these marbles on top his head. And through out the day these marbles would role off and splash in the water. The water would splash jonny and thats how jonny would keep cool on hot summer days, and THATS what I call a self made man."

best story I ever heard.

Also while hiking the AT, in a section pretty far from anything, I saw a 6'7 dude with jet black hair, no pack, but two trecking poles and he was wearing a flame print wrestling leotard.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Lucretius wrote:Two disturbing things from a summer job a fortunate many years ago comes to mind.

I worked at a summer retreat for people with mental problems (a good place to see some wierd sh*t, of course).

1. Under the pillow of a "guest" I found a barbie doll. Yes, a grown man having a barbie is a little wierd. But only a little. This had the breasts and the strangely smooth area between the legs gnawed off. Just three holes with ragged edges... :shock:
Uh yeah, you could send that back to me? I was wondering were Sarah went. Oh how I miss her. :P
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

Ammie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dammit! I want to see Zombieland NAO.

Post by Ammie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:35 pm

The population of the closest high school to my neighborhood is mostly the white, black t-shirt and skinny jeans type. (Most have let up with the flatirons, thankfully)
I pass by the school every evening on the way to my neighborhood and see a lot of them walking home.
Maybe three weeks ago I was entering my neighborhood and saw the usual batches of teens walking and in between the groups a very large, black teen wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt, khaki pants, and a Darth Vader helmet, carrying a book bag and a plastic light saber. So many scenarios of 'Now, WTF could be going on there?' entered my brain at once, it nearly exploded.
After a while of trying to decide whether it was truly disturbing, I just settled on 'Well, that was really something'.
thegrinninfin wrote:People recognize that nature hates us, but they will still be dumb, every friggin' year.
Cnidaria wrote:Zombies definitely shouldn't be driving.

xjuicex
Favorite Zombie Movies: pretty much all of them.

Post by xjuicex » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Ammie wrote:The population of the closest high school to my neighborhood is mostly the white, black t-shirt and skinny jeans type. (Most have let up with the flatirons, thankfully)
I pass by the school every evening on the way to my neighborhood and see a lot of them walking home.
Maybe three weeks ago I was entering my neighborhood and saw the usual batches of teens walking and in between the groups a very large, black teen wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt, khaki pants, and a Darth Vader helmet, carrying a book bag and a plastic light saber. So many scenarios of 'Now, WTF could be going on there?' entered my brain at once, it nearly exploded.
After a while of trying to decide whether it was truly disturbing, I just settled on 'Well, that was really something'.
that's a regular wednesday at my school except its with an optimus prime helmet and a weasel (my mistake a ferret) named lars.
zXzGrifterzXz wrote:Heretic! The Pyramids were built by the Goa'uld System Lords and I will hear no other explanation to the contrary!

Y.T.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Post by Y.T. » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm at a loss on this one. I think my threshold for strange is so high that I rarely classify anything as such. It's like when people ask "what's the craziest thing you've ever done?" I'm always stumped because by my standards none of it seems particularly crazy.

to quote Lydia from Beetlejuice: "Live people ignore the strange and unusual. I myself am... strange and unusual."

Really "normal" people tend to totally wig me out though -- the kinds of folks who classify 95% of things as non-traditional and "out there", while permanently residing in Terrifying Dysfunction Land. So most of the things I'd call "strangest" are probably the kinds of things you'd see while in line at the grocery store. ;)

ETA: Oh! The first time I saw saguaros I thought it was fully surreal. Driving through and seeing nothing around but all these prickly-cucumber-with-arms dotted all over the mountains in full perspective up to the top. It looked like hundreds of friendly green aliens were descending from the hillsides to quietly hold up their arms in greeting. It was seriously strange, in a good kinda way.
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

The Frank
Favorite Zombie Movies: I will only have a favorite once WWZ gets turned into a movie.

Post by The Frank » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

The strangest thing I have ever seen is probably 4chan. The strangest thing I have seen in real life... That takes some thought. I convinced myself to hallucinate a couple of strange things in my youth, but I don't think that counts either. A zooish park full of Galapagos tortoises having an early mating season was pretty surreal. One time I walked past a bum sitting on a street corner near a bridge dressed up like a referee mumbling to himself in Spanish.
The weirdest thing I have ever seen is probably myself, actually. I like to go bocking with a headband on that has some Japanese characters and the rising sun on it (to keep my hair straight, of course). I have duct tape pants meant to fit over my bocks, but I haven't used them yet. Check my sig if you don't know what bocking is.
So yes, me practicing backwards jogging on my jumping stilts with my kamikaze headband on and no pads aside from wrist guards.
The inventor of the zed-head flail.

Bocking FTW! Check it out!

One of these days I'll get around to making an avatar.

Return to “Survival Experiences”