unexpected pounding at the front door at 3am

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

chitoryu12
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Re: unexpected pounding at the front door at 3am

Post by chitoryu12 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm

amd2800barton wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:
DryGrain wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:katana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to mention I'm a crack shot with my air rifle and once put a BB less than a foot from a girl's head when she was trying to find a door into my house.
:? Slow down, Turbo. :roll:
The katana is blunted, but has a sharpened point. And yes, I would say I was correct in shooting at her, as she has attempted to steal from my house before, mainly my bike, and she has allowed herself in very often when I wasn't near an unlocked door. She refused to leave even after I showed her the gun leaning against my wall.
Heaven forbid somebody ever shoot a bb-gun at me in a serious situation. By the time it takes them to shoot another and make a single tiny bruise, i'll have grabbed their toy and started beating them with it. And in the even any metal comes anywhere near my face, I'll be taking teeth out. A potential eye loss for a potential eye loss.

If you want to be serious about getting someone to leave your house - use a gun. If you have no gun call the cops (good idea to do this anyway so you can fill out a police report). Only resort to sticks, stones, and knives if its a life or death situation.
It won't be a tiny bruise, as the BB gun has higher power than most. It can easily penetrate skin. Moreover, I knew who I was shooting at. I don't think a fat 12-year-old who can barely jog is going to be able to fight me very well. If it was a situation where I didn't know what was coming up, I would have grabbed something heavier.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Raydarkhorse wrote:I guarantee that if some one beats on my door at 3AM they will be met with a gun. Been there done that and it saved me a lot of grief.
I didn't even have to open the door. I just racked the mossberg and the guy on the other side shouted "OK, OK sorry!" and left. I swear to god. :lol:
chitoryu12 wrote:It won't be a tiny bruise, as the BB gun has higher power than most. It can easily penetrate skin. Moreover, I knew who I was shooting at. I don't think a fat 12-year-old who can barely jog is going to be able to fight me very well. If it was a situation where I didn't know what was coming up, I would have grabbed something heavier.
You missed the point. You shouldn't be shooting anything at anyone who is not threatening the life of another or yourself. This would put you in the wrong, and had the police showed up, you would have been the one taken away, and likely sued by the other person's family if you managed to avoid criminal charges. You've established that not only did you use an above average power BB-gun, but that the person in question posed no physical threat to you. This makes me believe you are either 1. underage (I hope for your sake this is the correct one) or 2. someone who needs a dose of reality.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 pm

chitoryu12 wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:katana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to mention I'm a crack shot with my air rifle and once put a BB less than a foot from a girl's head when she was trying to find a door into my house.
The katana is blunted, but has a sharpened point. And yes, I would say I was correct in shooting at her, as she has attempted to steal from my house before, mainly my bike, and she has allowed herself in very often when I wasn't near an unlocked door. She refused to leave even after I showed her the gun leaning against my wall.
It won't be a tiny bruise, as the BB gun has higher power than most. It can easily penetrate skin. Moreover, I knew who I was shooting at. I don't think a fat 12-year-old who can barely jog is going to be able to fight me very well. If it was a situation where I didn't know what was coming up, I would have grabbed something heavier.
:roll:

Can we ban him yet?
ImageImage

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

TheFreakinBear wrote:Can we ban him yet?
Yep, I just did.

[User banned for being underage]

Back on topic folks.......
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Czechnology wrote:
Raydarkhorse wrote:I guarantee that if some one beats on my door at 3AM they will be met with a gun. Been there done that and it saved me a lot of grief.
I didn't even have to open the door. I just racked the mossberg and the guy on the other side shouted "OK, OK sorry!" and left. I swear to god. :lol:
We had the same thing happen around here. :D

Sitting at home, watching TV when there's a very loud pounding followed by a "CHRIS!!! GET YOUR FATASS OUT HERE!!!!" At the front door.

My father, who was not very happy at this, went into his workroom (where OUR Mossberg is located) and proceeds to calmly walk up the stairs, turn on the foyer light, and racked the slide next to the door window (the window is a little bigger than a standard 8x11" sheet of paper and very easy to see through). Dude went from tan to white and ran across the street where his friends were half passed out.

I do remember seeing the kid hanging out with the neighborhood punks about 3 doors down the way, but never really had any trouble from them other than when they tried making a "human barricade" that spanned the street to prevent me from driving to school.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

olaf_yahoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Shaun of The Dead, Dawn of The Dead 76', Undead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, The Walking Dead

Post by olaf_yahoo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 am

Yeah, that's one person who's got their priorities screwed up. I live with two roommates who are very much the same, they almost never lock our door.
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

"Why bring more, when you can take Les"

E&E belt kit thread- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77171

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:
We had the same thing happen around here. :D

Sitting at home, watching TV when there's a very loud pounding followed by a "CHRIS!!! GET YOUR FATASS OUT HERE!!!!" At the front door.

My father, who was not very happy at this, went into his workroom (where OUR Mossberg is located) and proceeds to calmly walk up the stairs, turn on the foyer light, and racked the slide next to the door window (the window is a little bigger than a standard 8x11" sheet of paper and very easy to see through). Dude went from tan to white and ran across the street where his friends were half passed out.

I do remember seeing the kid hanging out with the neighborhood punks about 3 doors down the way, but never really had any trouble from them other than when they tried making a "human barricade" that spanned the street to prevent me from driving to school.

Mine was a drunk neighbor who seemed to think I had stolen his map or something. I had just moved in, and fully understood it was not a good neighborhood, and I lived alone and knew no-one. I figured the shotgun would do my talking, as I didn't have an M-1. I know its cliche, but it really did work, and I was 19, so I didn't know any better, lol.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

CommonHighrise
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bone Sickness.

Post by CommonHighrise » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:39 am

bonanacrom wrote:...I go out the back door,around the house and come up behind the person (with gun) and ask them what I can do for them.
Um, so you go outside the back of the house, leaving loved ones inside, whom you attest cant handle themselves against a 12 year old? Seems like poor strategy to me.

To the main convo; 3am door knock gets a basic protocol. First, I alert someone else in the house, either parents, or the SO. That way, worst case scenario, someones on the ball calling 911. I scout through the windows, approach the door and call for the person to identify. If the door gets opened, it gets the foot-block, pistol held down behind my strong side leg.
ImageImage
CH's Current Project: Catching up...

dani monster

Post by dani monster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Dude, "J" would have gotten the boot if she were staying at my pad. Eff that noise.

We live in a nice neighborhood but all doors are locked at night before going to bed out just in case. The front door is left open a crack with the heavy metal screen door double-locked to let air flow through the house at night. We never unlock the door unless the visitor is known. When people come knocking to solicit crap we talk through the screen door. The kids know not to open the door for anybody either.

At the boyfriend's house: he has answered the door (opened main door but security metal door still locked) a couple of times nekked racking the action on his 12-gauge for gits and shiggles. Once he forgot that he had ordered pizza. That time is beat out by the jevovah's witnesses stuttering and backing away. The one time he actually had to do it for security a crazy was talking to himself in his front porch. He crept up the stairs talking to himself and the BF had to rack the action and said "Git off my prop'er'y right now a'for I shoot ya dead" like a hick. Never saw that hobo again.

3am? Pffst. That bitch can drive home.

Rush2112

Post by Rush2112 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:37 am

Ever seen the Punisher? That part where he answers the door with the gun, it's his neighbor. Then another knock soon after. Thinking it's the neighbor coming back, he puts the gun away and answers the door. Soon after, the jolly green fucking giant throws him through a wall.

It's 3 o'clock in the morning and you're playing host to a girl that just broke up with a potentially pissed off, potentially armed person. Don't assume. Answer the door gun in hand!
I Survived NNY2010WCT!
I Survived NNY2011WCT!
Big Mac wrote:Next time you say clip when referring to a magazine, we're cutting your dick off. You have been warned.

Return to “Survival Experiences”