In the Dark...prep for young children

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:22 am

medic wrote:
Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote: d'oh! thought i'd got that suckah the first time.

that should fix it... ...side scrolling kinda takes the funny right out of the post.

i will rely on your medic'ness to heal teh intrawebz.

being a cleric don't really help when trying to heal the net, all the OMFG's tends to make the divine being somewhat like the villagers in 'the boy who cried wolf'...

...God said: "WHAT NOW! dang 1337speekers, one day so help me me i'm gonna smote 'em up a can o' apocalyptic whoopass."

:)
-
Yay! That fixed it good. Thank you!

Now, it seems that you may need to confirm that you have had your dose today. We wouldn't want Father to end up losing one of His Clerics, would we?

(Equilibrium was a KICK ass movie! Yay gun katta fu!)
consider me dosed.

dosed with glow tube goodness.

--------------------------

Paranoia? You aren't cleared for that citizen. :D
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

safariteam5

Post by safariteam5 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 am

I recall walking into the supply section years ago when I was in the Army to find the supply sergeant breaking open chemlight after chemlight and throwing them into a pile in the corner. I asked him what he was doing. He replied that we must have gotten a bad lot of chemlights since none of them seemed to be working. I showed him on the package that they were IR chemlights. If somebody had put on NODs they would have been blinded from all the IR light coming from the pile of chemlights. At the time IR chemlights were several dollars apiece so he had probably wasted a thousand dollars due to not reading the package. :roll:
De Oppresso Liber

Psyko5616
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead,

Re: Shelf Life

Post by Psyko5616 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 pm

sheddi wrote:
FirstToFall wrote:I can attest to their shelf life.
Bear in mind that these things are oxygen-sensitive, which is why they're sold in aluminised packets. Once you take them out of the packet the air gets to them and they start ageing.
Are you sure they're air sensitive and not light sensitive? I mean the chemicles are incased in plastic, id think theyre pretty well air tight. Plus when I baught them in bulk they came in a ziplock style black bag.

Lucretius
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero stuff

Re: In the Dark...prep for young children

Post by Lucretius » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:04 am

Chem lightsticks are essential for camping with the kids.

Red ones (1) doesn't ruin your night vision, (2) aren't messing with your sleep, (3) don't attract insects. Yay! :D

I usually hang one in the opening zipper for the tent, so you can see where to open if you need to go out or in during the dark hours. A clearly marked exit can't go wrong!
SMoAF wrote: I used to have a shrink. He killed himself.

maddmatt

Post by maddmatt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Fun activity break on open and pour it into the toilet, turn off the lights and then flush. its like looking at a spiral galaxy.

"It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…" Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

shreknow91

Post by shreknow91 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 pm

My friends and I used to cut them open and pour the stuff on out arms and legs, then chase each other around and play night tag

8)
Well I decided that I'm not going to sit there till the boy finaly come home, he's 20 so it could be days. The only man thing left to do is rip the toilet out of the floor and go out side and smash it on the driveway to free my hand.

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:02 pm

shreknow91 wrote:My friends and I used to cut them open and pour the stuff on out arms and legs, then chase each other around and play night tag

8)

One year some friends and I hooked up with some medical scrubs, pored several chem lites, in several colors all over us, and went to a halloween party as survivors of a toxic biolab disaster. Good stuff!
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:50 pm

DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:
shreknow91 wrote:My friends and I used to cut them open and pour the stuff on out arms and legs, then chase each other around and play night tag

8)

One year some friends and I hooked up with some medical scrubs, pored several chem lites, in several colors all over us, and went to a halloween party as survivors of a toxic biolab disaster. Good stuff!
For as long as I live I will never forget the look on my friend's face at a rave as he realised he'd chewed through a glow-stick. As the light show was heavily strobing to the breakdown it was like watching a timelapse monochromatic slideshow as each new realisation / taste / emotion fired his synapses (accompanied and counterpoint/jutaposed by the green glow from inside his mouth in the blackout phases of the strobe) .

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Return to “Survival Experiences”