What was your first pistol?

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

weasel11

Re: What was your first pistol?

Post by weasel11 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Colt combat commander in .45. I talked my old man into buying for me when I was 17. Found it at a pawn shop for $ 175.00.

LJ126
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, 28 Days/Weeks, The Crazies, The Reanimator, etc. I love 'em all!

Post by LJ126 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Bulgarian Makarov PM, in 9x18 Makarov. I bought it on my 21st birthday, though at the time you still had to apply for a permit from the city and county... Ugh, any other STL'ians remember that sh!t? Anywho, I still have the pistol, and I hope to pass it on to my children one day.

That said, I had initially gone into the shop to buy a CZ52 that was on their shelves. Looking back, I wish I'd have bought that instead. Sure, the Makarov was probably a better pistol, but I'd rather have the CZ52 now.
...As the great warrior poet O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Irwin J. Finster
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by Irwin J. Finster » Wed May 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Desert Eagle in .357 - in my defense, I was young and Had watched to many 80's action movies.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk
Nuke 'em till they glow,
Then shoot 'em in the Dark!

mattnall

Post by mattnall » Thu May 12, 2016 11:06 am

Ruger Security 6, .357Mag loaded light (to SPL loading) and it as a joy to shoot all day long.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Swore I answered in this thread... Carried a Beretta 9mm (M92), and a .38 revolver before that when the AF issued those to fliers. Never owned or really even fired a pistol before joining the military.

First pistol I ever owned was a Colt Defender I bought for myself back in the early '90s. It was also my primary CCW until I finally picked up and became comfortable carrying the very similar New Agent.

In fact, that Defender was pretty much my only pistol other than a tiny little airweight .38 holdout pistol until we moved back to the 'States in 2012. We've picked up a few since then!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Herkemer
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD-Omega Man

Post by Herkemer » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks for the good memories!

My first was a Colt series 80. I was 22 and carrying them in the service, so I wanted my own. Didn't know anything, just knew I wanted a new Colt. It was slightly different, no biggie. Me and a and bud figured it out. Good times. Lot of gun firsts then. It was cool to be a grown up and buy a gun or three.
“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting”
Deep Thoughts-Jack Handy

Mugwug
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Mugwug » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:55 am

My first was a factory refurbished Sig P220 9mm I bought back in '97 when I lived on the wet coast. Even refurbished it was the most expensive firearm I had ever purchased at that point.

Still have it in the gun safe.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Semper ubi sub ubi

LaughingVulcan

Post by LaughingVulcan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Pistol? Sooo long ago I can't remember. :O

OK, it was a Helwan Brigadier 9mm, an Egyptian knockoff of the Beretta 1951. Got rid of it when it started dropping mags and I couldn't seem to tighten the release, and upgraded for a Ruger P89, a pistol I still miss. (Dunno why, as I've preferred revolvers for a number of years now.)

DesertGator33

Post by DesertGator33 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:09 am

A Kimber TLE II from my uncle, it was also the first handgun I had shot about 10 years prior.

FLMOPE
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by FLMOPE » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:30 pm

My first handgun was a revolver. S&W Model 19 .357 magnum.

Traded a beautiful Kassner 20 gauge side by side dbl barrel. Still wish I would have bought the Smith outright and kept the 20 gauge. It was
a gorgeous Spanish made gun.
There is no and never will be a shortage of stupid.
There ain't no fixing stupid

Return to “Survival Experiences”