Closing down the shop.

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

prepper7
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD

Re: Closing down the shop.

Post by prepper7 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Thx for taking the time and effort to post an update. Warms my heart to read of spouses who honour their vows during the tough times. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Where will YOU Appleseed?
phil_in_cs wrote: Get your rice and beans now, when you don't have to pay for them in blood.
squinty wrote:You wear "chaps" to break a bronco, you wear "assless chaps" because civilization has collapsed and you've gone feral.
Blacksmith wrote:That is an excellent topic for another thread. You should start one about that. Really.

CipherNameRaVeN
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

Black Dog,

I have been away from the ZS for a while, so I have not seen your original post.
Just wanted to say... You were and still thee guy I always look up to. You are always my hero!
I hope with modern medicine, and ongoing development of new meds, you will beat this.
Keep up the good fight!
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

rhi
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, The Evil Dead, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by rhi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Fuck a bunch of cancer, man. Show it your balls and move on. It's got nothing on you.
Forget this dead man's town, I'll take you home.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:51 pm

rhi wrote: Show it your balls and move on.
That actually has it's application in the hospital
Nurses wouldn't give me pain meds
So I stopped pulling my medical gown back down as it rode up as I writhed
I figured, if I'm gunna be in pain... So are your eyes
I got pain meds shortly after that :lol:

Haven't heard from you in a while black dog, hope to hear some updates
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Thanks all for the thoughts.

Finished round one, chemo and radiation and my mind is starting to clear although numbers still give me some problems for some reason, yippee. Lost a bunch of hair and felt like crap rolled in sand. Still working the alternative cures and man don't they taste like again crap rolled in sand.

My partner in crime continues to work at gaining some skills she slacked on and is coming along pretty well for a former lib girl. Pro tip, it is way easier to send your good girl to school than teach her your self. Christmas is just around the corner and I see a Kimber in the stocking.

And as always my politically incorrect Ranger buds are in my corner and offering up cranky support. No offence meant to anybody out there by the way.

Hope to be mobile enough to post up at least some form of weak ass entry in the winter bug out contest, it will be nice to get out and about for a while.Step by step, round by round.

Oh and by the way, leaving no stone unturned.

Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Blackdog wrote: Image
This made me laugh so hard!! Good friends are the ones that will make fun of you endlessly but are always the first to come to your aid.
Blackdog wrote:Image
Congrats on the medical pot card, this helped my dad to no end! When going through chemo, it's going to get tough, it's going to be hard some days just to roll your ass out of bed. Stay motivated and plan things every day so you have a reason to get out of bed. You're going to lose your appetite so smoke a few minutes before meals, and make sure you eat, you may not be hungry, but make sure you eat every few hours.

Stay strong you have all us here rooting for ya!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Blackdog wrote: Image
This made me laugh so hard!! Good friends are the ones that will make fun of you endlessly but are always the first to come to your aid.
Blackdog wrote:Image
Congrats on the medical pot card, this helped my dad to no end! When going through chemo, it's going to get tough, it's going to be hard some days just to roll your ass out of bed. Stay motivated and plan things every day so you have a reason to get out of bed. You're going to lose your appetite so smoke a few minutes before meals, and make sure you eat, you may not be hungry, but make sure you eat every few hours.

Stay strong you have all us here rooting for ya!
Yeah eating, I made it thru round one with out loosing a pound of weight, although I suspect I lost some muscle mass :cry: . I give all the credit to my boss and nagger in chief for this. I didn't have the card thru most of the process so all on her. Tell you the truth I smoked a couple of times but didn't care for the effect but it did make stuffing my gut little easier. I have an appointment to get some oil to eat, going that route in addition to all else.
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Good to hear from you Blackdog - I hope I'm not out of place in suggesting you consider fasting before your next round of chemo. Obviously best to discuss with GP/Dr/Hospital.

There is evidence suggesting fasting before chemo is beneficial. A simple Google brings up quite a bit.

Source http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/se ... ofessional

RE Medical Cannabis Oil - hope it helps you, it greatly helped my uncle.
Man is a beast of prey

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Good to read your update blackdog, keep on fighting.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Blackdog wrote:I have an appointment to get some oil to eat, going that route in addition to all else.
Get a small amount first, it kicked my dads ass. He was active and moving around, he took the oil and just couldn't move. Test it for a few days, see how it treats you. It is VERY potent stuff.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

HMPlatinum

Post by HMPlatinum » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Prayers for you and your family, Blackdog.

Life, no one gets out alive, but not everyone learns to enjoy it. Enjoy your life, your family, and your loves.

Thank you for your service, and thank you for sharing this deeply intimate experience. I hope they make you well again.
- Sent via two rabid squirrels and a large slingshot (please catch and return the squirrels...they're special)

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Been a while since we've heard anything
Any updates?
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Blacksheep wrote:Been a while since we've heard anything
Any updates?
Still kicking and jumping thru hoops for cannabis oil. Work in process. Still on the alternative diet, still sucks.

Had a MRI on the 27th to "set my baseline". I haven't talked to anyone about it yet, who knows whats cooking in the gourd.

Been clawing my way back to some level of fitness just because, it stinks but what are you going to do? Feeling really OK other some of the vision stuff which isn't to bad other than I can't see the front sight on my pistol to well. My wife on the other hand is shooting up a storm with her new best friend. I have a set of tritium sites to install, hoping that helps somewhat, Merry Christmas to me.

Since they drilled and scooped I have developed a mild phobia about banging my brain bucket around, enter the Great Gazoo hat, I feel like somewhat of a tool wearing it but fuck it, better than watching reruns of Gilligan,s Island.

Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

mr_slappy75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by mr_slappy75 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Pfff! Like a tool, nothing! You darn kids with your extreme xsports! :roll: Looking good B-Dog. :clap:

Yah, screw reruns. Sending you and yours the best. :wink:

Little Slappy just turned 5 months this week. I mention this because, there will come a day when he is old enough to understand that there is a time when, well folks won't be around any more.
I will tell him about people like you, how sometimes it is possible to fight invisible dragons, just like in the stories and how in real life, not only folks who wear uniforms or armor are warriors.

Have Happy New Year!
colinz wrote:
ZS - Where having livestock, land and a good attitude is more desirable than being Size <6, 'ripped', or rich.

I <3 ZS!

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 pm

I think I have that same helmet for skiing, or something really like it, since I also have a thing about banging my thus-far undrilled gourd around! I'm with Slappy, I like to think it makes us look like just that good!

Glad to hear you are getting out and about!
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:53 pm

"Great Gazoo" :clap: I had forgotten all about him.

Hang in there, Blackdog. Keep being awesome.
Mostly not here anymore.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:23 pm

dogbane wrote:"Great Gazoo" :clap: I had forgotten all about him.

Separated at birth? You have to love the original Ancient Alien.

Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Blackdog wrote:

You should put some little antennae on the helmet and paint it green. :awesome:
Mostly not here anymore.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 pm

dogbane wrote:
Blackdog wrote:

You should put some little antennae on the helmet and paint it green. :awesome:
Don't know about the antennas but my wife thinks it needs a Hello Kitty sticker to set it off and show off my kinder and gentler side. She vetoed Front Toward Enemy scrawled on it with a magic marker, girls, what you going to do with them?
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:52 am

Blackdog wrote: ........, girls, what you going to do with them?
Well, if you haven't worked that out yet. I'm not going to explain the Birds & the Bees to you :lol:

Thats one hell of a zipper they gave you there.

Keep up the fight mate

Crow
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Another round of chemo and a MRI. Nothing surprising on the MRI so I guess that is good. I did with the constant nagging of my wonderful wife mange to put on 5 pounds since last time, surprise for everyone. If I don't knock it off I will soon be in waddling mode.

Feeling well enough that I am planning on a weak ass entry in the Winter MBO contest, it will be nice to get out and blow some stink off. Still can't drive and not in great physical condition so a drop off and short walk in should just about be enough. Maybe strap on the bump helmet and do a tactical assault on a pine tree :lol:

Since the surgery my eyesight has been slightly screwed up so for that reason and the fact that the winter here supplies plenty of low light situations I replaced the sights on my ancient and well loved Browning with a set of Tritium sights. Next up is to put the set sitting on my completely disorganized work bench on my wife's Kimber. Didn't want to use the hammer and punch method so used a sight pusher from http://www.sightpusher.com. This tool worked real well and was at least for me worth the cost.

Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Blackdog wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:
I like the "smile" in your eyes! Always a great sign!!

Keep up the fight!

Jim

PS: That looks like the USMC "Happy Suit" jacket that you are modeling. :mrgreen:
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:56 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:
I like the "smile" in your eyes! Always a great sign!!

Keep up the fight!

Jim

PS: That looks like the USMC "Happy Suit" jacket that you are modeling. :mrgreen:

Happy suit indeed, lots of bang for the buck if you can find one stuffed away in a surplus shop. This is actually my 2nd one, the first one got lost in the evacuation shuffle from the outback along with some stuff I had stuffed in the pockets. Think I paid all of 70 bucks for this one.
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Regulator » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Hey! Glad to hear things are progressing well and that you're up, around, and getting after it! I'll be looking for your MBO trip report. Oh yeah, one more vote for the Hello Kitty sticker. I'm pretty sure you could pull that off :mrgreen:

Return to “Survival Experiences”