Closing down the shop.

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Re: Closing down the shop.

Post by Regulator » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Best wishes to you and the family. You’ll be missed around here. Your contributions to this forum will be helping people long after most of us are gone. Later friend.

slannesh

Post by slannesh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Really sorry to hear man. I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years as well.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as well.
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's *IN* the dark
~Anonymous

claverhouse

Post by claverhouse » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Best wishes Blackdog, for yourself and your family , with hope for love and happiness to the end. We have had similar news in my own family this week and my wife is away to take care of her sister's kids as we found out yesterday that her sister has not only cancer in the liver, arm and neck but a brain tumour as well.
He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all.

Purple_Mutant
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Purple_Mutant » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Just because some doctors said the tumor is untreatable doesn't mean that it is. If you live in an area where Medical Marijuana is legal, give that a try. It's supposed to have some pretty amazing cancer fighting properties. It may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try. I can't imagine it would make things any worse.
Apathy wrote:We are a bunch of adults who own too many guns and actively prepare for the zombie apocalypse. There is something wrong with each and every one of us.
Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:30 pm

I'll add to my previous comment. My dad is stage4 inoperable pancreatic cancer. He's going down fighting, doing chemo, he just got accepted to a new treatment plan and has a doc appointment later this week. Since it's legal in our state hes been trying different cannabis methods as well. Don't give up, keep up the fight, we've got your back!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 am

Stay strong. Good luck. We will be thinking about you.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

Sincerely sending you best wishes and prayers.

Peach

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

claverhouse wrote:Best wishes Blackdog, for yourself and your family , with hope for love and happiness to the end. We have had similar news in my own family this week and my wife is away to take care of her sister's kids as we found out yesterday that her sister has not only cancer in the liver, arm and neck but a brain tumour as well.
This is why I was reluctant to post this up, some guy on the internet getting sick is not a tragedy or really much of anything. Just didn't want to wander off without saying thanks for letting me ramble on from time to time.

Best wishes for your gang.
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:09 am

Blackdog wrote:
claverhouse wrote:Best wishes Blackdog, for yourself and your family , with hope for love and happiness to the end. We have had similar news in my own family this week and my wife is away to take care of her sister's kids as we found out yesterday that her sister has not only cancer in the liver, arm and neck but a brain tumour as well.
This is why I was reluctant to post this up, some guy on the internet getting sick is not a tragedy or really much of anything. Just didn't want to wander off without saying thanks for letting me ramble on from time to time.

That's just it tho, You aren't just some guy on the internet to us
You are one of our own, regardless of the fact we haven't met face to face

Hang in there man, thanks for letting us share in your adventures
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

claverhouse

Post by claverhouse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

Blackdog wrote: This is why I was reluctant to post this up, some guy on the internet getting sick is not a tragedy or really much of anything. Just didn't want to wander off without saying thanks for letting me ramble on from time to time.

Not at all, we may not have met but we have shared interests and values and experiences, as this shows. I'm not a doctor so would neither ask for nor give medical advice to anyone in person or on the internet but I can lend an ear, sometimes it is better to let "strangers" know our frustrations, hopes and pain than it is to burden our loved ones with them, so whilst you will have more to deal with than posting here if you do choose to, I'll read it and raise a glass to you!
He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

Rebel Pariah wrote:
Blackdog wrote:

That's just it tho, You aren't just some guy on the internet to us
You are one of our own, regardless of the fact we haven't met face to face

Hang in there man, thanks for letting us share in your adventures
Well said and I second this sentiment.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Best of luck getting through this.

If regular medicine isn't giving you any help, try stuff like Reishi mushrooms, megadoses of B-12, ect. A good doc will be able to tell you if any are bad for mixing with your treatments.

We all have to follow the light sometime, but don't rush anything. I'll put you and the tribe on my prayer list.
Boldly going nowhere

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Blackdog wrote: This is why I was reluctant to post this up, some guy on the internet getting sick is not a tragedy or really much of anything. Just didn't want to wander off without saying thanks for letting me ramble on from time to time.

I've read most of your adventures and liked them. Apart from that, there is nothing wrong with getting some moral support from your friends. There is no shame in asking for help.

Seriously, if you need to vent, need to get an uplifting thought, just ask. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm hear. I suspect many others are too.

Stay well.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 pm

God's speed... Thank you for sharing this with us; we are your gang.

Praying for peace and understanding for you and your small tribe.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

dallas

Post by dallas » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:36 am

I teach in a neurology program. Always get a second opinion at a major cancer center. I have seen patients die needlessly because they accepted the prognosis of someone that did not know of the new treatments out there.

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:07 am

Shit homie. You are one of the best. Fair winds and calm seas, my friend.
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks guys. Trust me my friends I am not intending to go easy, we are looking at and instituting a few alternative options.
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Sooner or later we all get jumped by Mr Death...... Glad to hear you're gonna make it hard for him to catch you.

Facetime is over rated, you're one of us weather we've met or not
Thinking of you and yours
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:08 am

ForgeCorvus wrote:Sooner or later we all get jumped by Mr Death...... Glad to hear you're gonna make it hard for him to catch you.

Facetime is over rated, you're one of us weather we've met or not
Thinking of you and yours
We all do in fact all get jumped, I just don't feel like it right now. If we get any results from any of the alternatives we are trying I will tell the tale.

As a bright spot, my wife is stepping up her game in a few areas because this is still the far north.

Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:46 am

Well boys and girls, I have to say this is not for the weak or faint of heart. In simple terms it stinks. My heart goes out to anyone who runs into this nasty spider. I had never given much thought to it before.

Well into the alterneitive diet, if there are any results I will post them up, that said event he diet is tough to swallow, trust me.

I am restricted from driving but the Cancer Society volenteers are outstanding at shuttling me to my daily Radiation treatment. Taking help is kind of hard to swallow too I have to say. I hope to be able to repay the favor some day.

All the medical people I have run into are great (I don't always believe them but nice all the same).

Applied for a legal medical marijuana card so will be exploring that avenue as well (once I am legal to do so).

And last but not least my good wife has been beyound words outstanding, I would be dead in the water with out her. A good girl, she traded some Halibut that she caught for some moose meat (since I failed to bring in the bacon so to speak) as the magic diet calls for organic meat.

And again thanks for all the good wishes.
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks for the update. Keep your feet and knees together. I'm sure I'm not off base in saying that many of us are thinking of you.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I just saw this. Hang in there, B-dog. We're thinking of you.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Here's to hoping that you beat this.

Sending up smoke.
WWSD?

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm

You are a tough MF'r BD, hang in there. People have beat way worse shit than this...

But most importantly...no matter what. Do not give up, and always keep looking up.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Return to “Survival Experiences”