Invasion Right Now! The first six hours, what would you do?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

UndedRednek
Favorite Zombie Movies: Non serious; The Return of the Living Dead, loved it. Serious the classics. I love all of them. Zombies are my favorite monster.

Invasion Right Now! The first six hours, what would you do?

Post by UndedRednek » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 am

Invasion Right Now; The first six hours what would you do?

the scenario; Its 9am Wednesday early morning, traffic is not gridlocked but close, but at least its hump day. Tensions in the middle east have become even more heated but nothing out of ordinary seems to be going on. Then you hear that aggravating sound of the emergency alert...however fear hits you like a heart attack when you hear this; ’THIS IS NOT A TEST!!!!’ The narrator drones on saying that the unthinkable has happened! An extremely powerful group of nations that despises the west have banded together and have attacked the USA. There was a preemptive EMP attack with invasion across the Mexico border and into Alaska as well as south fl and even reports that the east coast has been attacked by thousands of well armed forces taking local police and even the military by surprise. The EMP attack has destroyed most communications and transportation...then the radio dies it too a victim of the next EMP attack. To your horror this attack is visible as an blinding flash of light near the horizon, then lighting and auroras for the next few moments...

Luckily inside the house one hardy radio is still working. You hear that the president declares martial law and we are ordered to stay inside after 6PM to 8AM and await further instructions. In your reply PLEASE only use the resources that you actually have, not what you would like to have.

Me? At 9am I would be luckier than most being unemployed and living in a small town. I have some weapons but have just began to prep. I have close to a hundred rounds for the .45 the same more or less for the AR-15 and two 12 ga shotguns. (I should have over a thousand each, five thousand rounds min, really, but I thought I had a lot of time). Well I do have several hundred rounds for the .22 Remington auto load rifle…sheesh! I wish I had of put back food ammo and been much farther along in my goal to near complete self sufficiency. I h ad the money in the bank to do most of it, but was doing other domestic things I deemed more important! I did not get our money out of the bank so its untouchable.

I only have about three hundred in cash and about 200 bucks in silver. Maybe a week of food! I do have a short wave receiver and camping supplies. However I after assessing my bug out capabilities I decide to stay home and monitor the situation, search for ammo, food, and perishables and to start moving all to the mountain top that I made the last payment on last year. Hopefully my neighbors near the bug out mountain top has prepped better than I.

Yep that is my status. In this scenario I have made many mistakes that has put myself and my family in serious harms way by dragging my feet and being lazy. God forbid if the invaders were just a few miles from my little town! Luckily by mistake we have a few things in our favor. Are you better off? What would you do in the first few hours?

UDR
"Send more Cops" If you dont know where this comes from you are in the wrong forum eh?

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Re: Invasion Right Now! The first six hours, what would you

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 am

I'd be fine - I don't live in the US
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Sevensixtwoby39
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, resident evil 1, 28 days later, 28 weeks later.

Post by Sevensixtwoby39 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 am

I'd stay at home. Got my two 7.62x39 sweeties and a whole bunch of equipment :mrgreen:

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:18 am

I think the correct answer for most everyone is "die" or "surrender" or "look insignificant."

I'd say "await orders."
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

JesterODX
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gotta be Dawn of the Dead or Shawn of the Dead. But I will opt for anything Romero.

Post by JesterODX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 am

Its quiet possible I'd be dead if the bad guys had taken the law enforcement agencies out on the east coast since I would be at work at 0645 in the communications center. Most likely we'd see just how good the bad guys were as our SWAT team aint no joke. They train at Camp Lejeune and the sheriff is a former Marine. Trying to take this building at that hour of day could be a real mistake for a small unit.

I'd assume the first means of business would to be to take out our tower out back and cut off our public safety communications should it not have been taken out in an EMP attack. They'd probably hit it and our generator at the same time so we'd get a real good ideal something was going on. Current time, 0827 HRS and all our office deputies are here. Its a lot of armed personnel so I think I have a decent chance of coming out of this alive. A full on assualt the Sheriff would most likely arm civilian staff as long as the part of the building where the gun locker is at isnt comprimised.

If we could repel the invaders which seems likely as they'd have to be small in numbers to try and hit the targets they'd need too. I would try to return home to my family since my work here would be destroyed. No tower or an EMP attack that would destroy our system even worse then killing the tower since it would take out or repeater and voter systems and all our equipment here in the center as well. Getting home would take 5 minutes to three hours depending. Drive time with no interference, 5 min, walking time, 1 to 3 hours depending on if I had to go by road or through the woods. Foot hills and my fat arse dont get along.

I'd get my 9mil pistol, .22 rifle, and head up the hill to grandmothers house. I'd be hoping my uncle left some shells for the twenty guage Browning's he left there. I know we have a few shells for the .410 but big woop for bird shot. I havent got my weapons stash where I want or need it to be. Anyway, we'd be doing a lot of watching, waiting, and listening.

EDIT: like DocTorr said, look insignificant would be what I'd want to accomplish unless I had no other choice especially with what weapons I currently have.
JesterODX
"The Great and Powerful"

bigmattdaddywack
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the dead, dawn of the dead, 28 days later,Hide and Creep, Night of the living dead, Undead, Return of the Living Dead.
Not truly zombie movies but, Evil Dead I and II, Army of darkness

Post by bigmattdaddywack » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 am

Start a bloodthirsty resistance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejd2rsXoQSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 am

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

Report directly to a National Guard center with my DD214. And sign up.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am

Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

nathat

Post by nathat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 am

I would be at work so first thing is try to contact my wife and get home the best way I can. 20 miles, and I should be able to hit back roads but if it's this big of a force I may be dead before I could do anything... After that, luckily my wife works night shift so she would be home. Considering it is an armed force, big enough to take police stations without problems, I would grab our bug out bags, pack as much of the emergency food from our stash in addition to food in packs, and head to our bug out location. There are more people there with weapons and good places to hide from a force like this. I would not be trying to fight them, I would go into hiding and living off of my preps for a while.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 am

Await Orders, with our most significant ally invaded, I expect full call up, to be shoved through an accelerated period at Sandhurst and then get sent to where or whatever they want me. With luck, maybe a REMF job to do with my chemistry, maybe even as a research boffin. But then, given that there will be civvies who can do that better who haven't had the time in the OTC pretending to be an officer I have, I'd expect to see combat.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

bigmattdaddywack
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the dead, dawn of the dead, 28 days later,Hide and Creep, Night of the living dead, Undead, Return of the Living Dead.

Post by bigmattdaddywack » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 am

Oh, first six hours? Well then probably cry and crap my pants for a bit. Then I would check on family and friends. Then begin loading and bugging in. Later I would see what I could do. If it got really bad then I would begin the bloodthirsty resistance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejd2rsXoQSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

Laugh my ass off at the enemy troops drown trying to swim to the US as no country has the airlift capacity to invade the US

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

JesterODX
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gotta be Dawn of the Dead or Shawn of the Dead. But I will opt for anything Romero.

Post by JesterODX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 am

Kommander wrote:Laugh my ass off at the enemy troops drown trying to swim to the US as no country has the airlift capacity to invade the US
No single country, but say an alliance of all of the countries that hate us. Thats a lot. Still I agree there arent enough air lift capabilities at all to invade us. Heck China doesnt have enough to do a proper invasion of Tiawan. We're too large. But its all an exercise in "what if" and to get your noodle cooking. What if something happend right now and it was a defensive situation. Come on, play along. Its fun thinking about our destruction.
JesterODX
"The Great and Powerful"

Perkidanman

Post by Perkidanman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:27 am

I'd be pretty screwed. At 9am (is that central? Eastern?) I'd be at my government job....probably waiting for an email saying to go home (and then deal with traffic, as I have to go on the highway). My husband would be just getting into work...at the Hospital. I doubt he would be able to come home for a while.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am

Ah la Red Dawn.

Ok I will play.

I would go home start loading mags (all of them)and stockpile, gather gear and await instructions. I have no illusions of being a fighter in the marshes and boonies of LA. However, I would rather be cannon fodder than simply lie down to surrender or die quietly.

The obligatory macho statement aside;I would also load up my vehicle with as much, suntan lotion, clean towels, cold beer, jambalaya and gumbo as i could get my hands on.

Why would I do this?

Because in your scenario you have "them" coming from Mexico into Texas. If that is the case my friends in TX will be in need of some food and beer by the time I get to them by car...assuming I can catch up to them on their march south into Mexico chasing "them".

This is also why I have the suntan lotion, because I figure by the time I do catch up to them 2 or 3 days later, the state of Texas will have annexed Mexico all the way to Cancun and will be taking a well earned break. They will want a cold beer or two, some decent food and will need suntan lotion (They always seem to forget that for some reason :wink: ).

With a neighbor like Texas I am more worried about invasions from the north or east. We did not fair so well the last time that happened. The south we can handle (see Battle of New Orleans), the west they have to go through Texas.

:D

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 am

I cooperate eagerly and sycophantically with our new rulers, working my way deep into the newly appointed occupation/Vichy government, and from that position of trust I perform clandestine acts of sabotage and resistance, "Army of Shadows" style, against the occupation forces. Find and recruit like minded individuals to help me. Hard to know which of them to trust, though. Who's a real resistance member and who's a mole? What if they think I'm the traitor? Oh no...we may be busy killing each other off, "Army of Shadows" style...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 am

squinty wrote:I cooperate eagerly and sycophantically with our new rulers, working my way deep into the newly appointed occupation/Vichy government, and from that position of trust I perform clandestine acts of sabotage and resistance, "Army of Shadows" style, against the occupation forces. Find and recruit like minded individuals to help me. Hard to know which of them to trust, though. Who's a real resistance member and who's a mole? What if they think I'm the traitor? Oh no...we may be busy killing each other off, "Army of Shadows" style...
In light of this post, expose Squinty to the new overlord rulers as a raccoon. Sorry, dood, it's gets me an extra ration. :| :lol:
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:58 am

Regular Guy wrote:
squinty wrote:I cooperate eagerly and sycophantically with our new rulers, working my way deep into the newly appointed occupation/Vichy government, and from that position of trust I perform clandestine acts of sabotage and resistance, "Army of Shadows" style, against the occupation forces. Find and recruit like minded individuals to help me. Hard to know which of them to trust, though. Who's a real resistance member and who's a mole? What if they think I'm the traitor? Oh no...we may be busy killing each other off, "Army of Shadows" style...
In light of this post, expose Squinty to the new overlord rulers as a raccoon. Sorry, dood, it's gets me an extra ration. :| :lol:
No! I could have gotten you dozens of extra ration cards via my "connections!"
(goes back to foraging through garbage cans at night)
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

I'll probably be sent to a rape camp or something thrilling. Or just shot, if they're religious folk.

Failing that, I'm with Squinty (not in the garbage cans, but in deep clandestine covert sabotage).
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

bigmattdaddywack

Post by bigmattdaddywack » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 pm

shrapnel wrote:I'll probably be sent to a rape camp or something thrilling. Or just shot, if they're religious folk.
Your optimism is truly inspiring.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 pm

shrapnel wrote:I'll probably be sent to a rape camp or something thrilling. Or just shot, if they're religious folk.

Failing that, I'm with Squinty (not in the garbage cans, but in deep clandestine covert sabotage.
Shot in the First Six Hours?!
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Ad'lan wrote:

Failing that, I'm with Squinty (not in the garbage cans, but in deep clandestine covert sabotage.
Shot in the First Six Hours?!
When my country is invaded, I expect great things out of the invaders. Imagine the logistics! Clearly they must have their shit together.

If I'm not in a rape camp or shot within 12 hours, max, post-invasion, I will be writing some angry letters excoriating the invaders for their obvious lack of organization and planning.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

NX02GT
Favorite Zombie Movies: Ones with Zombies in them.

Post by NX02GT » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

I find one major flaw that prohibits a rational response. I live on a military base, I am spmewhat prepped, and decently armed. Barring be working on aircraft my next job would be base defense. This will jot happen though; we have complete and utter air superiority over our nation. Thier army will be wiped from the earth within the hour by bombers, strike aircraft, and anything that is left will be taken care of by our ground forces shortly after. Any stragglers will be dealt with by the millions of armed citizens like yourself that just don't take kindly to people trying to overrun our country.

Okay, that's a dick move. I'll play along.

Like I stated before, if my base had not been destroyed, I would do the most for setting up my family to be without power while I'm on duty. My wife knows how to run the generator and shoot. Then I'd report for duty. If given a break or allowed to leave, I'd check on my family. If I felt it warranted it begin boarding the place up, but to be honest not for invaders, for my unprepared neighbors who hav no power, water, and probably little food.
Last edited by NX02GT on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czechnology wrote: On a normal shotgun with Ghost Rings, the sight radius is significantly longer. I'd put a red dot on that thing before I ever considered those MBUS. It's like putting Pirellis on a Mail Jeep. Yeah they look cool, but the platform cannot utilize them to their potential.

Return to “What Would You Do?”