Who gets what gun?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dynomike

Re: Who gets what gun?

Post by dynomike » Thu May 26, 2011 9:26 am

Me: XD (I'm better with a handgun)
Wife: AR (She's quite the shot with .223 and .308)
Friend: 30-06 (He can hit 500 yard targets in his sleep)
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them" - Thomas Paine

"If at first you don't succeed, call an airstrike" - Banksy

Aceman
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, Shock Waves, Night of the Living Dead (original), and Shawn of the Dead - oh heck - I like them all!

Post by Aceman » Tue May 31, 2011 9:03 pm

First, I'm going to shoot as many as possible, as far away as possible with the 06

Then, inside 150 yards or so, I'm going to move to the AR (Ultimate Zombie hunter, IMO...)

When I'm out, I'll take the XD within 25 yards

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Shaper wrote:It is very simple really...I don't have friends or relations that can't shoot, move, and communicate. :mrgreen:
This.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Considering I'm the most skilled, and the scoped rifle is the hardest to use, I'd take the scoped rifle.
Friend would get the AR.
Wife would get the .45, that way there's only 8 rounds for her to waste, not 30. She's mostly there for covering fire.
~Jarrod~

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:39 pm

I would hand the wife the Marlin 336....she'd be more comfotable with it

I think that I could trust my 12-year old with a 20 gauge

macrosfear
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Resident Evil movies, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by macrosfear » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

I'll go with the "good all around" AR
My fictitious wife will have my back with the .45
And my friend (who should feel lucky he even got a weapon), will get the heavy, slow, low cap, but long range 30-06.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:10 am

well im single but my best friend has a girlfriend so ill use her...

I'll take the AR15 becuase i own one and its the only semi auto rifle in my entire group of friends (thats actually true which is the sad thing), and im the most confident with it

My Best Friend would take the 06 becuase hes built like a fuckin mule and can hit damn near anything, espessially with me spotting for him. oh and he's have the .45

His girlfriend would carry supplies and extra ammo, niether of us ( meaning *I*) trust her enought to carry a gun.

If it were my dream set up, Id carry a PTR, my GF would carry an AK, my BF would carry an AR, and his GF would carry a shotty with glocks and XDs on our hips and extra bolt guns in the trucks :twisted:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

BlakeS

Post by BlakeS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 am

Since my wife doesnt like guns at the moment but understands the "Need" for them , in this situation
I would Give her the .45 because if she uses it it'll probably be Close range .

I would take the AR , Just Cause I know how to use it and my friends are jackass's and couldn't handle having to aim fast and shoot.

My best friend in this case would probably be my cousin just cause he's the only friend I would trust with a gun and he could prolly hit anything I asked him to.

If it were real life ,

I would take my Socom II M1A with my P220 .45 on my side, My best friend would take my Ak and my .357 colt , and my wife would take my other Ak with my SS Walther ppk.

nathat

Post by nathat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 pm

hm, that's sortof hard. But:

Wife-.45 I would tell her to go hide, and if she needed to use it she is very capable of defending herself. Without her in trouble, I can focus on what's going on
Friend-.308 Depending on the situation I could put a mid-range overwatch on him and let him take people out, or get him (if he could shoot well) to watch me and I would take lead.
me- ar is left.

theotherryan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Old school Romero.

Post by theotherryan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Shep45 wrote:.45- wife
ar- me
06- friend

Assuming its a friend I trust enough to give one of my guns to. Not often the case.
Pretty much my angle. However my wife has her own gun.
Take care of eachother

http://tslrf.blogspot.de/

curryman

Post by curryman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 pm

how are you finding all these old ass threads????

Omega DR
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake), Night of the Living Dead(1990), The Zombie Dairies, 28 Days Later

Post by Omega DR » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Me: AR-
GF: .45
Friend: Bolt Action. He's the best shot and expert hunter. Great in the over-watch.

Finch

Post by Finch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Id like to change my answer to I'm
Taking all of them and my wife is cooking
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

OCR
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZOMBIE LAND, BLACK SHEEP, SHAWN OF THE DEAD

Post by OCR » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Me-AR.... I am near sighted but don't use glasses even though I can almost garentee that I'm gona hit my mark. And that is due to my NAVY exp. as a GunnersMate. Just put the sites at true 0 and I'm good to go.

Wife-.45..... I know she would be to scared to use it anyway, she would mainly be carring it for me.

Friend (My MOM)-bolty.... a lot better eye sight than me, and I know she would have no problem shooting some one if need be and has done b4. She's a prior AirForse MP and shot a guy in the leg that was trying to run away. He was a faster runner, so she slowed him down, problem sloved.

And the mostlikly order we would die in would first be my wife, then my mom, then me. My wife would be freaking out to much just trying to keep her little one safe. She would do somthing stupid and down she goes. The little one would then go to my mom as she has the most exp. with kids. The .45 would then become mine. My mom, I would only suspect going down eventualy do to her limited mobility from having 2 total knees done on only 1 knee already and she recently turned 50. By then, I'm shure we would have met up with some of the other groups and form a much safer group. I'm shure all that would happen well b4 my mom went down. So I don't think she would go down at all. She is also an outstanding cook that can make a meal from nothen, so she would be to important to the newly expanded group.
What is LIFE you ask? Well LIFE is that thing that takes a BIG FAT DUMP on all your HOPES and DREAMS. That is what LIFE is.

Zombie Joe

Post by Zombie Joe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:58 pm

I get the SCAR 17S.
Family members get the SCAR 16's amd AR's and the more than one hundred loaded 30 round AR mags we've got.....

Return to “What Would You Do?”