pro scenario

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

rageragerampage
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland.

pro scenario

Post by rageragerampage » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:16 pm

youre in a forest. snow on the ground. not cold enough to deter zombies. you have a hatchet and 100 yards of nylon rope. zombeez arrive in 2 hours. air lift arrives in four. how do you hold them off for two hours and then escape to a clearing? not going into exact geographical properties. forest. snow. not quite cold enough.
enjoy. discuss this amongst yourselves. criticism on my horrible scenario is welcome(:
I dress my wounds with salt and bleach.
Member of -SCPC-
King of the Insane
The future belongs to those who can adapt and conquer.

v0dka

Re: pro scenario

Post by v0dka » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:21 pm

I heard proper spelling and punctuation is like a nuke to zombies.
Your all douche bags

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Let's not all jump on the new guy. New guy, why don't you head over to our Introductions section and tell us a little bit about yourself? What your interests are, what brought you to ZS, your age, your general level of preparation, that kind of stuff. :D
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

rageragerampage
BANNED

Post by rageragerampage » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:31 pm

-you had zero difficulty in getting the message i wanted to convey.
-ill take a look. but i keep a low-profile, so dont hold your breath.
Member of -SCPC-
King of the Insane

rageragerampage
BANNED

Post by rageragerampage » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:41 pm

shrapnel, i created a thread in introductions. its called 'shrapnel told me to...'
yeah. could you read it and tell me if thats what you meant? i dont open up that much too often.
Member of -SCPC-
King of the Insane

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:55 pm

rageragerampage wrote:shrapnel, i created a thread in introductions. its called 'shrapnel told me to...'
yeah. could you read it and tell me if thats what you meant? i dont open up that much too often.
Well, this is another fun wacky scenario for WWYD, but like one of our Old Crankys once said:
bonanacrom wrote: I find answering questions that set you up in a very specific situation very difficult as I know to get into these positions requires decisions I wouldn't make.
In the woods, in the snow, in a zombie apocalypse, with nothing but a hatchet and paracord? The short answer to your scenario is either "Get eaten" or "Freeze to death".

The long answer is this: No one on ZS worth their membership would be in a frozen forest, alone, without being loaded out like they've got Les Fucking Stroud himself in their enormous and ergonomic backpack. For the serious bug-outers among us, we're talking people with comms, GPS, unbelievable amounts of warmth, a bare minimum of 3 fire-starting methods that are 95+% successful, shelter, food, first aid, and a gun and some ammo.

You'd find homeboys like Woods Walker making a cup or Earl Grey and a helping of Beef Burgundy stew from his comfortable bivy slung 40 feet up a pine tree, blogging to us about the start of the zombie apocalypse wrapped in a Hello Kitty snuggie while waiting for his airlift to arrive.

Welcome to ZS. We may be weird and a bit jerky, but you want most of us in your backpack when shit goes down. :lol:
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Bluboots

Post by Bluboots » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:07 pm

First I'd make a "v" out of chopped pine tree limbs in the snow, because you know--i'm sure others need saving before i finished my tree nap in my nylon rope makeshift hammock.

donjulio

Post by donjulio » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Mister Dark
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Mister Dark » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote: You'd find homeboys like Woods Walker making a cup of Earl Grey and a helping of Beef Burgundy stew from his comfortable bivy slung 40 feet up a pine tree, blogging to us about the start of the zombie apocalypse wrapped in a Hello Kitty snuggie while waiting for his airlift to arrive.

That is SO my new sig line. Priceless!

Also, with only a hatchet and some cord? and 2 hours. Plenty of time to make a couple of spears, maybe some punji sticks. Prepare a quick defensive stockade with stout poles to make it tougher for the mindless dead to reach me. Stab em in the head when they get hung up trying to walk up on me. Probably die in an hour from a stupid mistake, exhausted from the lop-sided, silent, but neverending battle against the undead.

But yea, who on ZS goes into a snowcovered woodland setting with just a hatchet and some cord? I carry more stuff with me to the bathroom! Also, welcome to ZS.

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Zombies in 2 hours?? Plenty of time! 8)

First things first, gotta lay down a big triangle in the snow using logs and debris so the choppers can see I am nearby. Then check the treetops for one with a top that was sheared off in a storm. Preferably a fir tree as they have a lot of branches that can support my fat ass. Then chop off most of the branches that are within 7 feet of the ground. I would leave a few stumped off at a couple inches on one side. Then fashion a lasso around the tree and me, and use it and the stumped branches to climb up to the rest of the branches. The zombies won't be able to follow me up the tree. Once to the truncated top, the rescuers should be able to see me, and they should be able to get the helicopter close enough for a tree top rescue.
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

rageragerampage
BANNED

Post by rageragerampage » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:35 am

Fantastic. You guys are amazing. Very creative and thorough. You live!!
Member of -SCPC-
King of the Insane

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07 pm

I'd wonder how the hell I got from sunny 88 degree FL to somewhere in a forest, with snow on the ground, with out any of my extensive preps.... :?
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Last edited by ZombieGranny on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

rageragerampage
BANNED

Post by rageragerampage » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:51 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:You bailed out of a plane?
Nah, you are just there. One metric assload of zombies arrives in two hours, and an airlift to safety arrives in four. What do you do?
Member of -SCPC-
King of the Insane

Fixxxer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Snyder remake), 28 Days Later, Homecoming

Post by Fixxxer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:04 pm

rageragerampage wrote:Nah, you are just there. One metric assload of zombies arrives in two hours, and an airlift to safety arrives in four. What do you do?
Pretty much what dukman said. Build a signal to the pilots, lop off low-hanging branches and then climb a stout tree and wait. Seems pretty cut and dry.
Rule #1: I'll not be laid a hand upon.
Rule #2: Never leave the house without a knife.
Rule #3: If you have the shot, take the shot.
Rule #4: [Removed by request of moderator].
Rule #5: There's an exception to every rule.

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:37 pm

rageragerampage wrote:
ZombieGranny wrote:You bailed out of a plane?
Nah, you are just there. One metric assload of zombies arrives in two hours, and an airlift to safety arrives in four. What do you do?
Okay, to us, this is a bit like the following scenario:

You're sitting at home, watching TV when the power goes out and the zombies finally come. Mysteriously, your generator, extra fuel, lighting, batteries, weapons, ammo, stored water, food, alternate plans, contacts, medicine, first aid kits, hardened doors, and spare cash in the house are all just...*poof!* gone.

You now have on hand a tampon and a Dixie cup. Go!

So, this scenario would never happen, could never happen, but let's play:

Short answer: Die.

Long answer: Find accessible pine tree. Try to shake as much snow off it with a stick as possible. Use paracord to get me into tree. Climb it. Stuff my inadequate clothing with pine needles for warmth. Zombies surround tree. I get frostbite in my fingers, nose, and toes. The rescue can't find me because I have no comms or signaling device. Maybe they see the zombies all surrounding the tree. Maybe they get me out, probably they don't.

Intermediate answer: Curse whatever stupidity/Gods or wish vengeance on whatever person or persons got me here as I die. Cleanse gene pool of my particular brand of stupid and improve the human race in doing so.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 am

Vicarious_Lee wrote: You're sitting at home, watching TV when the power goes out and the zombies finally come. Mysteriously, your generator, extra fuel, lighting, batteries, weapons, ammo, stored water, food, alternate plans, contacts, medicine, first aid kits, hardened doors, and spare cash in the house are all just...*poof!* gone.

You now have on hand a tampon and a Dixie cup. Go!
Scrape the wax coating off of the Dixie cup with my nails and rub it between my fingers to make it pliable enough to coat the string of the tampon, which I'll have removed. I'll keep the cottony part for use as tinder or ear plugs, but for now, the string will serve as a makeshift candle. I'd kick in the front of my TV (after unplugging it) and find a good-sized piece of glass to use as a knife. I'd also yank out the power cord to use as cordage.

The rest of the Dixie I'd tear into strips for use as tinder and stuff it into my pocket, along with the cotton from the tampon. I'd also kick apart a dining room chair to get myself a club, and yank off the tablecloth, fold it up and tie it into a bundle with the power cord. It's waterproof (to a point) and would make a good shelter or poncho.

I'd dig through the cupboard and find a solid plastic cup with a top (love Baja Fresh for that, even if the food sucks) to use as water storage. If I could, I'd fill it from the filtered tap water before the water goes out. Dig through the drawers and get a flashlight, spare batteries, pair of scissors, and roll of masking tape. All this would go into a plastic garbage bag that I'd tie to my bundle. And just because, I'd throw in a couple more garbage bags. Then, I'd get rid of my glass knife and grab a good-sized kitchen knife. And break the handle off of a broom. Chair leg club would go through my belt, broom handle would be used to keep zombies at bay, and knife would be more of a tool than a weapon.

Then, I'd try to get out my window and up onto the roof. Good enough place for now.

Also, I'd try to figure out what I was doing with a tampon and a Dixie cup in the first place.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

Return to “What Would You Do?”