What long arm and handgun are you using to bug out?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Margrave

Re: What long arm and handgun are you using to bug out?

Post by Margrave » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm already in the market for an M14, so there's my long gun of choice. Still undecided on a pistol u
nfortunately.

SoCal Survivalist

Post by SoCal Survivalist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Would be taking the Yugo sks and the stainless Dan Wesson 715 with 6 in barrel (.357).
Neither pic is mine, but you get the idea. I hope...

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Need to update my response as just got a great Shotgun at Dicks yesterday..

Pistol: still a Sig Sauer 226 in .40 S & W caliber

Add a shotgun: Mossberg 535 12 gauge, felt comfortable and friends say it's a good starter shottie. Will be rabbit hunting with it this weekend!
wanted to get the Beretta semi with nickel receiver, but even with the $200 discount of retail of $1200 was a tad too spendy...maybe at later date.

To buy: Nice 22 handgun for wife, 22 Ruger or Sig mosquito..
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Silverbug
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything on C-SPAN, because I refuse to believe that most of the people on there are not undead.

Post by Silverbug » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm

CETME .308 and Springfield XDM9. Standard NATO/US military rounds for both weapons which means I can find ammo pretty much anywhere. Shotty is a Maverick 12 gauge (the Mexican Mossberg) with the Mossburg 18.5" security barrel. I've hunted with my CETME before, and although loud, it's a very accurate .308 between 200-400 yards. Although the 9mm round is a little on the light side, it's still a good protection round. The 9mm round is cheap and able to bring down small game as well, with the advantage of being able to reload or barter the brass, unlike a .22LR. I'm still undecided on keeping the 18.5" barrel on the 12g, as I think the longer hunting barrel is more useful in more situations.

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Post by 3Fingas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:46 pm

My M&P-15 and SR9C. 5.56 and 9mm for ammo choice in North America makes the most sense to me. I can break down the AR-15 and put it in my back pack and the SR9C is my normal ccw.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

VinnieD

Post by VinnieD » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Dan Wesson 15/2 .357 magnum and Rossi Ranch Hand also in .357mag. A handy cowboy combo since both use the same ammo, and are light and easy to move around with. If extra room, squeeze in a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge. A shotgun is always useful, and its versatility in potential applications for hunting and defense makes it worth the extra load. Furthermore the easy take down barrel means it can be carried in storage without taking up too much space when it's not needed for immediate use.

Seakers

Post by Seakers » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

My 9mm because ammo for it is universal, and a .38 Special.

I'm looking at my 12gage Shotgun with a short barrel and small .22 for small game. until I can locate something like a M249 or an older M16 or something better.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 am

Seakers wrote:My 9mm because ammo for it is universal, and a .38 Special.

I'm looking at my 12gage Shotgun with a short barrel and small .22 for small game. until I can locate something like a M249 or an older M16 or something better.
Where, praytell, are you going to get an M249 or M16?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:03 am

Doc Torr wrote:

No, do not expound on where your going get a 249 or 16. Why not just edit your post and review the rules.

Oh, hey here they are.....http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 44&t=19895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , pay attention to the rules concerning unlawful activities. Unless you have a Class 3 or can afford a transferable machine gun. :D
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

thesupremeking

Post by thesupremeking » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:31 am

Regular Guy wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:

No, do not expound on where your going get a 249 or 16. Why not just edit your post and review the rules.

Oh, hey here they are.....http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 44&t=19895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , pay attention to the rules concerning unlawful activities. Unless you have a Class 3 or can afford a transferable machine gun. :D
Saying you are going to get an M16 or a short rifle isn't inherently illegal. I think we all know that, so unless stated he is going to get it illegally than can't we all assume he would go the legal route?
I don't think we need to thump rules into people when they technically aren't violating them.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 am

Colt LE6920 with .22lr kit
SA 1911 Mil-spec .45 acp
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 am

thesupremeking wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:

Saying you are going to get an M16 or a short rifle isn't inherently illegal. I think we all know that, so unless stated he is going to get it illegally than can't we all assume he would go the legal route?
I don't think we need to thump rules into people when they technically aren't violating them.
No, however, not mentioning the rules generally leads to them being violated. Since a SBR requires at least a 6 month wait and a M249 is at least $175k and the same 6 month wait I can assume that "finding" or "locating" one would be a less than lawful route. Especially in a disaster or emergency event where you're not going to have the normal access to the forms, normal mail serivce or filing process. Just sayin'.
Last edited by Gingerbread Man on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

thesupremeking

Post by thesupremeking » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 pm

word to that. Avoid the bubba speed dating facility.

bearspater

Post by bearspater » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Pistol: Walther P99, 9mm

Rifle: AR15 or Ruger 10/22 based upon the situation

QBall

Post by QBall » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

For me, it's more of a bug in, get me home to Fort QBall, The Sticks.
Having said that the go to for bug in is either an old Mini 14 in a Butler Creek Folder if I am in the car or a old Yugo SKS if I'm in the truck. Handgun would be whatever I have on me, probably a Glock 19 or 20.
In the event that I had to really bug out ie: INCH type scenario, I'd probably be packing a 20 inch HBAR AR15 and 5 inch Redhawk in .44 Mag. The 20 inch HBAR for maximum destruction from a marginal cartridge, and the Redhawk because it's so versatile.

A.O.
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL.. Night of the living dead,Zombieland...

Post by A.O. » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am

donjulio wrote:Image
Guns are funky but I love the MataMata..
Join PETA.. People Eatng Tastey Animals
So many bicycles....so little time!! :)
12/21/2012

A.O.
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL.. Night of the living dead,Zombieland...

Post by A.O. » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:17 am

Carry handgun would be my new PMR30..22 mag with a capacity of 30 in the handle,that and a few extra mags will do me well, long gun..probably my 30/30 marlin lever..and I'll stash my 44 mag redhawk in my pack in case things get ugly..I know it said two guns..get over it! (ammo for all three is reasonably accessable, and you can carry lots of 22 mag with you!I can reload the other two on the move)

Join PETA.. People Eatng Tastey Animals
So many bicycles....so little time!! :)
12/21/2012

zombie_assassin_8630

Post by zombie_assassin_8630 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Long arm would definitely be my ptr 91 its a heavy sucker but if i get a few zombies to stand in line i can kill 9-10 at a time with this military ammo. as for the side arm, my gear allows for three sidearms on my person and still leave room for my machete and KA-Bar. I would bring my sig-sauer p229 in .40 cal, almost every cop carries .40 so if theres some cop walkers theres an extra source of ammo. i would also bring my smith and wesson model 59 (pre buyout) since so many ppl love those weak 9 millis, its easy to find plenty of spare ammo. for the topper i have a ruger 22/45/ its .22 caliber and hold 10 rounds. i can carry a thousand round brick of .22 in my pockets whereas a higher caliber would be much more cumbersome. my backup to my back ups is a 1/4 " barrel NAA .22 mag mini 5 shot revolver
Last edited by zombie_assassin_8630 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryOnly
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, ahhh zombies, omega man

Post by JerryOnly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Longarm BCM 14.5" midy
Sidearm glock 17
HorrorBusiness

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 pm

my paw zpaw shtf teotwawki bug out combo is complete :D

catss350
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by catss350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I'll be taking my Doublestar AR-15 and my Glock 22. Both have been excellent shooters. And I have an adequate stockpile of 5.56 and .40S&W. :wink:
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." ~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto~

CgyTactical
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by CgyTactical » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Savage .308, AR-15 and Glock 22 and my .177 pellet rifle for small animals

jare-3
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
All Resident Evils

Post by jare-3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:34 pm

AR and M9 or 1911. I'm still tossing over which would be a better way to go on the pistol front. Weight is about the same, capacity in favor of the M9. I can fix either relatively easily, but if I have to go stealth the 1911 conceals a lot easier that the Beretta. Decisions deceisions.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit!

No eating/drinking/snorting the Bath Salts! - jonm61 (WaltherForums)

CgyTactical
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by CgyTactical » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 am

I wouldn't mind picking up the new Ruger GP100 as a back up side arm too

Return to “What Would You Do?”