Bump in the night guns

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

neener
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil dead 1&2, Army of Darkness,

Bump in the night guns

Post by neener » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:00 pm

It's 1:00 a.m., and you hear a noise outside, what's the first gun you grab to go investigate?

Me personally, I'd grab either my Mini-14 or my 12 gauge coach gun, depending on where our dog is barking.

My ideal gun to grab would be an AR-15 chambered in .45 ACP with a 10.5 inch barrel and a Sure-Fire tactical light. But also in my ideal world, such a gun would only cost $400 and require no tax stamp.
Last edited by neener on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tater Raider wrote:
JamesCannon wrote:Besides, if she only put "SM" then people would think she meant S&M and whenever a dominatrix shows up at her little zoo with a cattle prod, a bull whip, chains and handcuffs... things might get awkward.
Or fun, depending on one's world view.

Grey Mann

Re: Bump in the night guns

Post by Grey Mann » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:02 pm

I'd grab the only modern firearm with self-defense rounds that I have: my CZ P-07. It works quite well and is my normal CCW.
An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject.
Do not go gentle.

agent-smith

Post by agent-smith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:04 pm

If I heard something outside my house, I wouldn't "go investigate"...I'd call the police.

(If I wouldn't go somewhere without a gun, I wouldn't go there just because I do have a gun)
CATCH PHRASE!!!!!

mgjohn

Post by mgjohn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Bump in the night guns??

Remington 870 w/light and folding stock.

or

Springfield Armory AR15 w/light

along with

Choice of several pistols that are placed here and there.

neener
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil dead 1&2, Army of Darkness,

Post by neener » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, normally when I hear something that the dog is barking at in the middle of the night, chances are, it's a raccoon or a coyote. Should have mentioned that.
Tater Raider wrote:
JamesCannon wrote:Besides, if she only put "SM" then people would think she meant S&M and whenever a dominatrix shows up at her little zoo with a cattle prod, a bull whip, chains and handcuffs... things might get awkward.
Or fun, depending on one's world view.

Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 pm

neener wrote:Well, normally when I hear something that the dog is barking at in the middle of the night, chances are, it's a raccoon or a coyote. Should have mentioned that.
With that in mind, M249. :mrgreen:
No, I don't have one ("boo! hiss! he's a commie!"). :lol:

psychomajortom
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead
Day of the Dead

Post by psychomajortom » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Bushmaster Carbon-15 carbine, loaded with 75 gr soft points.
ozwyn wrote:"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."
DavePAL84 wrote: I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Glock 19 with Warren night sights loaded with 124 gr +p Gold Dots . With a Surefire G2L in my off hand . Need to get a dedicated weaponlight . :P
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

AgentBlack
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them, anything where the dead walk and eat people is cool with me.

Post by AgentBlack » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Well I live in Jacksonville, so the concussion from the arty ranges often shake my whole house in the middle of the night. So aside from it setting off my PTSD :wink: , it takes a lot to get my ass out of bed! Now if something did hit me as strange; 1st I would check the door locks then peek out a window on each side of the house. 2nd I would turn on the floodlights at all four corners and check for someone hauling ass through the yard. Last I would decide to call 911 or grab the cordless, surefire, and witness 9mm and see what's missing from the yard. My neighbors would look poorly on me running around the yard with a long gun, but a compact pistol in the belt would'nt raise any eyebrows.

KC44
Favorite Zombie Movies: none

Post by KC44 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

claymores, lots of claymores.

Black

Post by Black » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

My XD45 is what lays next to me, so it would have to be that.

v0dka

Post by v0dka » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:08 pm

mgjohn wrote:Bump in the night guns??

Remington 870 w/light and folding stock.

or

Springfield Armory AR15 w/light

along with

Choice of several pistols that are placed here and there.
Where the hell did you get that? :?

I'd throw on my bandoleer and grab my ar-15. I can usally hear everything that happends around my home during the night. The noise would have to be pretty significant for me to do that.

Before i would go outside I would flip on the lights on the side of the house the noise came from, and go out. I'm pretty sure 90% of thieves would run as soon as a light comes on.
Your all douche bags

austin93906
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, zombieland, etc

Post by austin93906 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Itd have to be my mini-14 with my eotech on low power, but in a case where thats out of action, which is what happened when i was cleaning it and actually needed it, i found i could trust my yugo m24/47 mauser
Braxton wrote:So, How does it feel to be Batman? An obsolete rifle using, shingle shooting Batman, but Batman non the less.
gelgoog wrote:Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.
Why u should use Snap Caps

Jaybow

Post by Jaybow » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm

PT145 with 11 rounds of Taurus copper 185 gr. hollowpoints. If I need more my 500 is close by.

Warlock53
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series, I am Legend, and the Original Omega man.

Post by Warlock53 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I live in a small town, so it would be a burglary in progress. Have 2 small barkers and a woofer to keep them busy.
Hand the wife the S&W 686-4 6" .357 and go get the Siaga12 out of the Bedroom closet, and call the meat wagon
Bring em on

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:49 pm

My "bump-in-the-night" belt has a 1911, two spare pistol mags, an AR mag, a G2, a house key (my dead-bolts are keyed on both sides) and a couple extra pouches for the cordless phone and cell phone that's on the nightstand beside the bed.

Edit: Forgot the Benchmade.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

nacho
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sugar Hill (1974)

Post by nacho » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:29 pm

neener wrote:But also in my ideal world, such a gun would only cost $400 and require no tax stamp.
What do you mean about a tax stamp? 45 ACP uppers are cash and carry, but well over $400.

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 pm

I have an alarm system...if I didn't I'd have a dog. I'd prefer the dog but he is higher maintenance.

For real, this is how my drill goes.

Connected my box spring is a mount for my Titan Gun Vault, which is a push-button but not electronic safe that swings open and hands me a S&W M&P 15 .40 and extra magazine. This is 31 shots of good quality Speer gold dot hollow-points. There is a stream-light TSR-1 (light only) on this handgun. If I had to sweep the house, this would be the only gun I'd take. Preferably, the goblins hang out downstairs long enough for me to unlock my Saiga-12; in this case the M&P goes in a paddle holster and I just cover the stairs with the Saiga. I don't go downstairs and "clear" my house. I call the cops and they can do that. The goblins can take what they want, my wife and little boy are upstairs and those are the only things I intend to defend with gun-play. Ideally my wife has time to get herself and little boy out of the line of fire, but I cannot realistically imagine any goblins who want to come upstairs through a hail of 20 shells of 00.
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

donjulio

Post by donjulio » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 pm

I would investigate unarmed and in the nude.

Cpt. MelonBuster

Post by Cpt. MelonBuster » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 pm

I would follow Crypto's fine example.

agent-smith

Post by agent-smith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Cpt. MelonBuster wrote:I would follow Crypto's fine example.
I'm not a big fan of the C-Products magazines.

Also, crypto needs some work in following Rule #3.
CATCH PHRASE!!!!!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 pm

I don't think that pic was supposed to leave the "Mall Ninja" thread (for good reason). :D

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm

agent-smith wrote:
Also, crypto needs some work in following Rule #3.
Actually, "finger on the trigger" is required for the "Mall ninja" thread....(I think.)
Last edited by RickOShea on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I don't think that pic was supposed to leave the "Mall Ninja" thread (for good reason). :D
Once it is on the internet, it is permanent!
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Return to “What Would You Do?”