Weapons prepared Poll

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

How many people leave weapons of some type in every room of their house?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 am

Yes
42%
No
48%
Other - explain
10%

Total votes: 111

BrockGrimes
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, ZombieLand, ZombieLand2

Weapons prepared Poll

Post by BrockGrimes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 am

How many people leave weapons of some type in every room of their house?
Be it a simple pocket knife to a gun.

I leave at a minimum a pocket knife usually not in plain sight.
You never know if you might need it, tied up, last ditch fight, etc.
If your gonna be Stupid, You better be TOUGH!

KnightoftheRoc

Re: Weapons prepared Poll

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 am

BrockGrimes wrote:How many people leave weapons of some type in every room of their house?
Be it a simple pocket knife to a gun.

I leave at a minimum a pocket knife usually not in plain sight.
You never know if you might need it, tied up, last ditch fight, etc.
My collection of swords and other weapons extends throughout the house. I've never planned it out or checked it, but I'd say I'm never more than 3 steps from a weapon of some kind. I'd have to say the least armed up room in the house would be the bathroom, and if I'm in there, anyone breaking into it would be committing suicide anyway :lol:
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

kcor_77
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Post by kcor_77 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 am

I used to have a pistol or some sort of weapon laying around everywhere. Until I had a few friends kids around. You can hide your stuff but man kids get into everything.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:22 am

On the hip. Then it is every room in the house I am in. See how easy that is?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 am

Blacksmith wrote:On the hip. Then it is every room in the house I am in. See how easy that is?
I think we have a winner.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

shoggoth80
Favorite Zombie Movies: Too many to list in total. The Romero films are classic... but Fido cracks me up!

Post by shoggoth80 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 am

I carry around the house often. I also have various implements of doom around... but the boomstick stays on me, or within grasp.

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 am

Blacksmith wrote:On the hip. Then it is every room in the house I am in. See how easy that is?
Same goes for me.
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

Oneswunk wrote:
Same goes for me.
If you're bent on having a weapon in every room, this is the best solution.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 am

This question pops up a lot and is not in my opinion a preparedness topic but more of a what would do sort of question. So I will relocate it to that forum.

As for question posed by the OP: I neither confirm nor deny the quantity, quality or disposition of any weapon(s) I may or may not have on or about my person, vehicle, home or office unless I am required to do so by law.

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 am

I am not so paranoid that I feel the need to have a weapon in every room. I do have melee weapons placed near the entries though as well as by the bedroom door.

As to firearms, I do not leave those lying around as I have kids(That know not to touch), and they have friends.
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

I don't have a gun in every room, but I do have mags stashed just about everywhere :D .

mantis

Post by mantis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

I keep my firearms securely stored under lock and key. I have to say that if I lived in a neighbourhood where I felt so unsafe as to lead me to consider hiding weapons around my house, I'd move somewhere else ASAP.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

1200RT-P

Post by 1200RT-P » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Rev Josiah wrote:
I think we have a winner.
Agreed.

I think a weapon in every room is a bit much, unless you're living in a "war zone" (for lack of a better term).

Finch

Post by Finch » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

My CCW goes on the end table at dinner and stays there untill bedtime.

other then that i have a shotgun in downstairs office where i spend most of my time
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 pm

mantis wrote:I keep my firearms securely stored under lock and key. I have to say that if I lived in a neighbourhood where I felt so unsafe as to lead me to consider hiding weapons around my house, I'd move somewhere else ASAP.
Ya cause bad shit never happens in nice towns. :roll:
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

BrockGrimes
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, ZombieLand, ZombieLand2

Post by BrockGrimes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm

I mean how many times have you read a couple comes home finds dirtbags in the house,
now they end up tied up in a room away from knives or guns and usually end up
being killed or worse at the dirtbags leisure.

I'm not saying walk around the house with a crate full of weapons stashing it like the zombies are down the road.
But a simple pocket knife in a drawer or on a desk under the clutter, is there when you need it and isn't likely to
be taken away by an unsuspecting dirtbag.

I don't intentionally leave weapons about I just happened to notice the other day I have something in everyroom.
All guns are properly secured due to having a 4yr old so no worries, but a pocket knife here and there out of reach,
a hammer in a cabinet, bat by the toilet (for killing spiders), letter openers, various implements of distruction stashed
about. Anyone who enters the kitchen is just asking to die, more pokey things than you could shake a stick at.
If your gonna be Stupid, You better be TOUGH!

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm

I find it simpler just to carry 16/7.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

mantis

Post by mantis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Oneswunk wrote:
mantis wrote:I keep my firearms securely stored under lock and key. I have to say that if I lived in a neighbourhood where I felt so unsafe as to lead me to consider hiding weapons around my house, I'd move somewhere else ASAP.
Ya cause bad shit never happens in nice towns. :roll:
Not around here it doesn't! I think we've had a grand total of about 6 murders so far this year! :lol:
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Well in my town proper I believe we've had 0 (give me a sec I'll look it up). I do live close to Philly, I love my town but I still lock my doors and when home alone showering keep a Glock in the shower.
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't intend to get killed wile washing my ass.

(Pick not intended to turtle thread. Its just where I keep my pistol wile showering home alone. :mrgreen: )

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

maddmatt

Post by maddmatt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Guns in 1 bedroom, kitchen and den, every where else, no.

"It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…" Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Mine all were lost in a tragic canoe accident.

I just keep one in the bedroom and the kitchen living room area. My dogs will give me enough notice to hop off the shitter and grab one unless it's some sort of professional team with flashbangs or other ridiculous scenario.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Bombastic
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by Bombastic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Reminds me of Dwight from the Office.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwh9Q0FhPzE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neville

Post by Neville » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:24 pm

I think it's kind of a silly question. What is a "room"? In today's "open floorplan" interior designs, a room can basically be an entire floor of the house in some cases. What is a "weapon"? Why, anything you can use to inflict, or threaten to inflict, harm in the cause of self defense. Even one's fists, feet and teeth are weapons.

In the living room we have a tazer and a fireplace poker. In the kitchen, knives and a revolver. That toaster would make a nasty thing to get hit in the head with, swung by the cord. In the sun room, various guns, some locked some not, and plenty of things that would hurt plenty if thrown. In the bedroom, two semi-auto pistols. In the bathroom, a plunger which makes a nasty truncheon - and guys, if your wife has candles in the bathroom for her long leisurely soaks in the tub... has it occured to you that a can of hairspray plus the lighter she uses for those candles makes an improvised flamethrower? In the garage, hammers, wrenches and a blowtorch. Roaming the premises, two dogs, one of which is a 90 lb doberman. Frankly I think no matter where you are, you have weapons available to you, only if they are your wits providing you know how to use them. Problem is, people without the will to fight think of themselves as defenseless, and give in. Just having a weapon doesn't guarantee you won't get hurt. Often, people see no way to avoid getting hurt and give in based on that. Some people fight to within an inch of their lives, and become seriously wounded, but ultimately prevail. Winnin is mostly about your mindset and fighting spirit, and how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to win.

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Dawgboy wrote:I am not so paranoid that I feel the need to have a weapon in every room....
I am so paranoid that I feel I always need to have at least a pistol on me, unless prohibited by law. +1 on not leaving anything laying around, because we have kids.
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

Return to “What Would You Do?”