You are going 1000 years into the future.

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mikeyboy

Re: You are going 1000 years into the future.

Post by Mikeyboy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

I wonder how long you can delay the Morlocks from eating you when you are naked and throwing gold coins at them.

Here is my list

A gallon of water in a stone lined water container

A jar of Honey - the only food that will last 1000 years

A Leatherman Wave, and a all stainless steel fixed blade knife with a 4" blade that is 3/16" thick, coated with the best protective oil possible stored in a airtight waterproof container.

A bic lighter (which might degrade after 1000 years) and a Swedish fire steel

I think most standard clothing/cloth will degrade over 1000 years. Contrary to popular belief even plastics break down over time with plastic film cases degrading after a few decades. One option may be using metallic fabrics. Either way if money is no object, I would have todays scientist develop clothing and a tarp that can last the 1000 year wait.

After that I guess I will throw in some gold coins and other trinkets in the hopes that they will be worth something 1000 years from now. If not I will try to get a job teaching the people of the future how it was 1000 years ago.

If there is no civilization, I'll try to survive as best as I can. I'll relax under my tarp, drinking honey water, trying to make 3 point shots throwing gold coins back in the bucket as I wait for nightfall and the Morlocks to come get me.. :ooh:

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:37 am

Mikeyboy wrote:I wonder how long you can delay the Morlocks from eating you when you are naked and throwing gold coins at them.

Here is my list

A gallon of water in a stone lined water container

A jar of Honey - the only food that will last 1000 years

A Leatherman Wave, and a all stainless steel fixed blade knife with a 4" blade that is 3/16" thick, coated with the best protective oil possible stored in a airtight waterproof container.

A bic lighter (which might degrade after 1000 years) and a Swedish fire steel

I think most standard clothing/cloth will degrade over 1000 years. Contrary to popular belief even plastics break down over time with plastic film cases degrading after a few decades. One option may be using metallic fabrics. Either way if money is no object, I would have todays scientist develop clothing and a tarp that can last the 1000 year wait.

After that I guess I will throw in some gold coins and other trinkets in the hopes that they will be worth something 1000 years from now. If not I will try to get a job teaching the people of the future how it was 1000 years ago.

If there is no civilization, I'll try to survive as best as I can. I'll relax under my tarp, drinking honey water, trying to make 3 point shots throwing gold coins back in the bucket as I wait for nightfall and the Morlocks to come get me.. :ooh:
If you believe in Morlocks then maybe you can believe they're allergic to gold

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:51 am

Mikeyboy wrote:I wonder how long you can delay the Morlocks from eating you when you are naked and throwing gold coins at them.

Maybe because the original scenario says
"You have promises of extra supplies stored, and promises of a crew present at your arrival site. There is no information or guarantee if they actually are there at your arrival site. You are effectively traveling blind."

Someone sent back the info about the buckets, I'd risk it and hope they are there. Plus I have a luger and MJ Hightops. Humanity should be off the earth by this time anyway, out exploring space and colonizing other worlds.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:03 pm

The OP's scenario works for me. Heck with the bucket. Just hit the damn switch.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm

vegasguy wrote:
wamba wrote:Several people have pointed out that things may have advanced to a point where a man from the 21st Century would be lost or we might step out to find things at a stone age level. I'd like to point out that humanity may very well be at any point in between the two, or it could go off on a completely unforeseen tangent.

With that in mind I'd set the family farm up in a trust with a hands off agreement with the govt, this will include tax's & imminent domain. I really don't think the present form of govt would still be in place or able to maintain their side of the agreement but it'd be worth a try. I'd also set the trust up so that it would acquire other properties all over the world whenever possible. Copies of the trust, deeds, birth certificate, detailed diagram/instructions on how to build a CD reader, & letter of introduction laser engraved on heavy foil made of gold, silver, & platinum. I'd sit down with leading scientist before leaving & pick their brains about possible future metal shortages that I might be able to exploit (who knows copper might be the new gold in 1k years). My coin collection, if society doesn't collapse it may appreciate way beyond the value of the metals. Put a team of aforementioned eggheads to work producing the most durable CD's possible & loading them with information chosen by a panel of historians, archeologist, physicists, geneticists, & whoever else they suggest. No more CD's than what could fit in one stack from top to bottom of the bucket with each one sealed in a mylar envelope. One set of coveralls in silk, light shorts, socks, moccasins (well treated for preservation), good fixed blade knife, Leatherman Wave multitool, & dozen stainless steel arrowheads. Knife, multitool, & arrowheads packed into cosmoline. If that's too much for the bucket I could cut the coin collection (two cigar boxes worth) in half & maybe reduce the number of CD's (you know there's going to be some worthless stuff in there :wink: ).
If time permitted I'd hope that the govt would spring for a complete medical once over (maybe get a few things fixed, torn cartilage etc) & a good course on primitive survival.

Maybe if there's room we could toss in deeds for most of the third world & the moon, it just might be a gamble that could pay off big time. :lol:
Love your post.
Assuming no return trip:

[PLAN A]
Since you're going forward in time, you don't have to actually carry that much with you. You could bury what you wanted in a 'time capsule'. Then bury it in a place that would not be discovered or developed over or 1000 years. It would have to be a place that is at least 200 ft above sea level in case the ant-arctic shelves melt in the next 1000 years.

So I'd liquidate everything and buy as much platinum and gold as possible. I think that precious gems will have little value in the future as they will be able to fabricate them. And It's very possible that 1000 years in the future what are considered precious metals today, could be commonplace if humans are able to bring the asteroids in to mine them. But that's were I'd put my money. It's possible that just the antique cash could be a collectable 1000 years in the future though, making it more valuable than the metals.

I think I'd probably bury a butt load of honey too, the earths bees are currently in decline and may be extinct 1000 years into the future and as long as the container stays intact the honey will survive 1000 years, and probably be valuable trade goods [if there is any trade]. I'd also bury some firearms, axes, shovels in a polymer airtight case, [mainly for the antique value] you know general PAW equipement like you might stash at a BOL. I'm not rich but if I liquidate everything, the paper cash wouldn't fit in the bucket with my other survival stuff and I'm not sure it intact would make it buried for 1000 years.

In the bucket I'd take food, water, fire, etc, you know the basis of a 5 gallon INCH bag. Plus as many different fruit, starch and vegetable seeds as could fit. These may also be valuable in the future. Or there untainted DNA. Come to think of it, I'd put a live honey bee queen and her immediate consorts in there too. That could really be valuable and wouldn't take up much space, and would make the jump inside the bucket. At the very least I could be a bee keeper in the future. I also may try to get some autographs of current famous people and tuck those in there, with the hopes that they may become valuable in the future.

I wouldn't invest in REITs, land trusts or property because you could tie up all your assets when its most likely that it would be appropriated by whatever govt. for development using eminant domain. Trying to bring those assets to the future as non oxidizing precious metals just sounds like the odds are a little better at making it 1000 years forward than a piece of paper representing real property. Plus I've never heard of a REIT that is non taxable, please advise, and if it gets taxed how would you have enough capitol today to pay 1k yrs of taxes? [see plan B below]

[as a Plan B]
Before I left I would also start a new 'religion' called 'Mendez' and get as many followers to witness me leaving [I'd do it up right, like a Michael Jackson spectacle to impress] with the promise that I would return in 1000 years to bring them cookies [or salvation ~ whatever]. The mandate of my followers are to create a world wide, property owning, benevolent organization, doing good and waiting for my return. Building a palace with riches in which I would live upon my return. Not sure if it would be better to give them the exact date, time, place, 'cause someone would probably want to kill me as I step thru. But followers would absolutely know it was me if I did. hmmm. [note to self; add cookies to bucket]

A MENDEZ APOSTLE IN THE FUTURE
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 am

Its only a thousand years.

People will not have changed in any significant way genetically. Technologically its a toss up. Tech might advance but anything in the society could happen in that thousand years.
A new "dark ages" could happen where society forces people to not use advanced tech. Anything from a puritan like adherence to a God based religion or a strict adherence to a back to the earth or green movement.
Or we could evolve into a wholly tech based society. People with internet connected implants and full on mechanical prosthetics.

Thinking we might have devolved into a Mad Max planet is running against the odds. That has a very low probability of happening.

The biggest problem I can see is the continued evolution of language. What was the English language like a thousand years ago? In that time how many non English words have been incorporated into our language? The "English" language is in fact 5 times larger than it was 500 years ago. We have incorporated bits and pieces of well over a dozen languages. let alone the tech words added in the last 25 years.
I'll be looked at and understood about as well as someone from 200 years before Shakespeare. Though a core of about 1000 words will be the same. Communication will happen just slow and I'll sound like an idiot. Well even more than I do now.

As for junk to take in a bucket.

A nice coin collection. Expensive and rare coins now will still be rare and expensive in the future no matter what the rest of the commodities market looks like.
A good stainless steel side arm plus silencer for it with 100 rounds of nitrogen filled then vacuum packed ammo for it. Add in an extra set of springs for everything.
A good pocket knife and multi tool.
A full set of light weight cloths nitrogen filled and vacuum packed in three layers of plastic. Including good shoes and holster for the weapon.

Fill the bucket with warm cosmoline and jam everything in sealing the lid on.

If its a 'walk though the time portal' thing just wear everything and add in a little backpack of extras including a little food and water. A nice ham sandwich when I get there would be good.

And as always be prepared to toss out or pick up anything deemed socially unacceptable or acceptable. Don't want tossed in what they consider jail just for having a weapon or silver and gold coins or even wearing the wrong clothing.

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:40 pm

@MacWa77ace I believe there's a misunderstanding, the way I understood the OP was that the bucket will be buried to wait out the thousand years. It will be your time capsule, although if you can bury a couple extras I won't tell on you. Your plan for the honey bees will only work if their DNA is preserved enough for cloning. Bringing along preserved DNA of endangered species is a great idea, I can only hope that the eggheads I mentioned in my post think of it. :D Now on the subject of the deeds & trusts I know it's a longshot that the govt I made my hands off deal with will still be around. But it's worth a shot there's always a chance that I might get a portion of the property & if there's a bunch of back taxes due I can always sell off some or all of the property to pay em. Worst case scenario I'll have the "paperwork" to sell, that's the main reason I'd have it all engraved on sheets of precious metals.

By the way big thumbs up for thinking of the honey guys.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

The Hiltonator

Post by The Hiltonator » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 am

Classic books and guns.

Books so I can improve an awesome world.

Guns so I can improve a dangerous world.
Keep your fists hot, your head cool, and stick to the basics!

alessandro

Post by alessandro » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 am

Jdude wrote:You have been selected to go 1000 years into the future by the government.
Oh by the way - now that you know of the project, you will go or you will disappear and someone sent in your place.
No issue as I'm a very heavy fan of sci-fi. :lol:
Jdude wrote:You have promises of extra supplies stored, and promises of a crew present at your arrival site.
I don't trust promises of governments therefore presume the worst.
Jdude wrote:The contents of your bucket will age and deteriorate while you are away. You have an unlimited budget.
If you knew you were going to jump 1000 years into the future, but had no knowledge of the other side except that you and a 5 gallon bucket will make it, what will you put in it?
So basically it would be a state of hibernation ... the main issue is that substantially nothing would be able to remain intact after 1000 years so perhaps a 15 cm tactical knife gold plated to protect the blade, pay some expert to understand if synthetic fabrics could last so longer ... in order to be able to have at least some clothes, synthetic strings, synthetic climbing ropes.

While if the jump on the future occurred without time intervals I could specify a long list of things :D , but unfortunately that don't seem the case. :?

procyon

Post by procyon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:35 am

Oh, this would be beyond tricky.
Odds are, if technology and societies progress - nothing I can do or bring will make any real difference.
Imagine anyone from 1000 years ago, whether the most exalted ruler, intrepid explorer, insightful scholar, etc - having anything of value to add to today's society, other than as a curiosity. Even real jobs skills would be completely lacking.
And any claim he had to anything - would be just his word. His records/claims/etc will be long gone and irrelevent.
As would mine in all probability.
The fact that I knew where something was stored saying it belonged to some historical figure would not mean that it was mine to the folks I would be meeting.

If the world collapses - there probably isn't anyone left for me to talk to.
And I will likely be joining them shortly.

If I had to pick things to take along - I would look at glass.
The container would be thick (1" at least) glass (several varieties would be suitable) with either the glass heat sealed on itself or perhaps a glass/metal bond. Likely zirconium if I picked. At least the container would have a fair chance of surviving.
Contents would also heavily rely on glass. Glass cookware. Glass/ceramic cutlery. Glasses for me to read...
Glass lens for fire starting.
If you had to bring a metal item, go for low corrosion materials with gold plate and seal the container in a pure N2 room. Although the gold will diffuse with the base metal - it will provide some corrosion resistance when you open the jar.

I'll probably add to this list, but mostly for curiousity sake. I see nothing that I could take that would likely make any difference.
My main goal would be to explain that unless the folks 'harnessing' this effect could make it a round trip - it is pointless.
There will be nothing gained, either by the person going, or those staying behind - unless that person could return.

But that return trip would violate so many laws (Thermo would have to be completely overhauled), well....
... I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

alessandro

Post by alessandro » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:18 pm

procyon wrote:Odds are, if technology and societies progress - nothing I can do or bring will make any real difference.
Even real jobs skills would be completely lacking.
And any claim he had to anything - would be just his word. His records/claims/etc will be long gone and irrelevent.
On an advanced future society may no longer be necessary to work.
Or there may be tools for learning faster.
Etc.
Naturally could happen even the worst.
procyon wrote:There will be nothing gained, either by the person going, or those staying behind
The OP said the people that don't accept disappear so I assumed that they are killed ...

fred.greek

Post by fred.greek » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:14 pm

In addition to the above, some gold & silver coins, diamonds, other gems. Wheat & other seeds (I.E. has been found in pyramids OLDER than a mere 1,000 years. Titanium (or some other long life metal) knife. Gold leaf sheet "book" with essential & historical knowledge engraved. (In case civilization is long gone). Suicide "pills" in case it REALLY sucks there.

nyarlotep
Favorite Zombie Movies: I don't think I've seen one. Not a big fan of the horror genre.

Post by nyarlotep » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:21 pm

A good knife or two coated in Cosmoline, and then fill the rest of the bucket with gold and some diamonds. those ought to weather time nicely and still have at least some intrinsic value once I'm out. And the knife is in case things aren't as civilized as I'd hope once I'm there, and you should always have a knife.
God was my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I ate him.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 pm

My trusty towel..

..A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar time traveling hitchhiker can have
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:45 am

Titanium bucket with machined metal to metal seal capable of holding 100 psi when the lid is dogged down. Threaded plugs in the bucket lid, 20' of coiled metal tubing and a handful of compression fittings.
Add a steam whistle and various orifices and two all steel plug valves. Micro tubing cutter.

Fresnel lens. If the eggheads can promise a flexible one will last, wrap the inside of the bucket with if it isn't feasible, bisect the whole bucket.

Bible, Texas flag, Ceramic water filter cartridge, 4 in hand rasp, Bowie, needles and awl, 15# salt, 4# honey, adze head (kudos to thinking of that before) axe head, hammer/hatchet head, a couple of double shieve pulley wheels with some bolts, hand drill and bit set, leatherman crunch, leatherman wave, 6" channel locks, an assegai spear head, 20 arrowheads for arrows and atlatl darts, saw blades, quality fire steel, my St Michael's medal, 100' tie wire, nesting cook pots, camo drab silk materiel for a few lava-lavas, silk thread and silk rope, mixed nails, seeds for apples, corn, beans, squash, tobacco, and youpon holly. Add some yeast packets. Sprinkle the open areas with buckshot that fits into the tubing.

Almost all the metal parts will possibly need to be stored out of contact with other parts. The eggheads can figure it out and purge to bucket as needed.

If you're wondering about all the weapons, I'd really hate to emerge just to be chased around in a world full of evil sleestaks and hungry ligers
Boldly going nowhere

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:28 am

Dingo McPhee wrote:My main issue with this question is that it's impossible to know what the world will be like in 1000 years, and that almost anything I take will be prehistoric technology. Think of someone traveling to the present from 1010 - what could they bring? A spear, a leather thong, some rocks?
I realize I'm going back a few years in replying to this...

Your concept of life 1,000 years ago is...charming. if I was traveling from the early eleventh century, and had no idea what the future would bring, I'm sure I'd bring a langeseax (big knife, as big as would fit in ye olde thyme travel cask), a smaller sax as well, a bottle of wine, a bunch of gold and silver coin, a bronze cookpot, etc.

But if I DID know? Icon paintings. Gold and silver jewelry. Reliquaries. Historic texts.

tedbeau

Post by tedbeau » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 pm

JackBauer wrote:My trusty towel..

..A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar time traveling hitchhiker can have
Well, I would also have a towel to wrap around my head so the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal can't see me. I would also take along my hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, or if I can't fit it in the bucket I could take all of Wikipedia on disk, which I think I saw discussed here.

As for what else to take, since cost is no object I would insist that the government agency that wants me to go into the future pay me one billion dollars, and draw up an international treaty that deposited the money plus 20 percent over prime interest in a Swiss bank account with treaties with all current and future governments granting me tax exempt status for 2000 years, the balance payable to me only. The 2000 years is so that once I arrive I can purchase a new high tech replacement body if I desire and live another 1000 years.

I would have copies of the agreement, account number and all other information, in all languages and in pictorial format all printed on gold sheets and placed in the bucket.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Jeriah wrote:
Dingo McPhee wrote:My main issue with this question is that it's impossible to know what the world will be like in 1000 years, and that almost anything I take will be prehistoric technology. Think of someone traveling to the present from 1010 - what could they bring? A spear, a leather thong, some rocks?

Your concept of life 1,000 years ago is...charming. if I was traveling from the early eleventh century, and had no idea what the future would bring, I'm sure I'd bring a langeseax (big knife, as big as would fit in ye olde thyme travel cask), a smaller sax as well, a bottle of wine, a bunch of gold and silver coin, a bronze cookpot, etc.

But if I DID know? Icon paintings. Gold and silver jewelry. Reliquaries. Historic texts.
LOL you know when you think about it that way.

A Viking suddenly appears from his time warp. He is promptly whisked away by local authorities. After some legal/medical running around and debriefing he is offered $15,000 for his Weapons, Armor, and gold and silver. He is put up in a nice apartment at a local university and professors routinely study him and ask him questions. He feels lost and alone, and has no concept of how to get around and function in this modern world. Maybe he ends up dead in his university apartment from suicide, or from a disease he has no immunity to. Just like what happened to the last wild native American, Ishi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishi

Hopefully the Viking learns to adapt to modern society, becomes a history consultant for Hollywood and part time male model with his long hair, lean muscle mass and 5% body fat.

Looking at this scenario make me think going to the future will not be fun or easy.

procyon

Post by procyon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:24 pm

tedbeau wrote:As for what else to take, since cost is no object I would insist that the government agency that wants me to go into the future pay me one billion dollars, and draw up an international treaty that deposited the money plus 20 percent over prime interest in a Swiss bank account with treaties with all current and future governments granting me tax exempt status for 2000 years, the balance payable to me only. The 2000 years is so that once I arrive I can purchase a new high tech replacement body if I desire and live another 1000 years.

I would have copies of the agreement, account number and all other information, in all languages and in pictorial format all printed on gold sheets and placed in the bucket.
Which will all be long gone before you ever get to it. Folks will have had 1000 years to figure out how to steal it.

If you want the bucket to still be there - it has to be something that wouldn't be worth the effort to steal.
Just ask the folks who stocked the pyramids...
Mikeyboy wrote:A Viking suddenly appears from his time warp. He is promptly whisked away by local authorities. After some legal/medical running around and debriefing he is offered $15,000 for his Weapons, Armor, and gold and silver. He is put up in a nice apartment at a local university and professors routinely study him and ask him questions. He feels lost and alone, and has no concept of how to get around and function in this modern world. Maybe he ends up dead in his university apartment from suicide, or from a disease he has no immunity to. Just like what happened to the last wild native American, Ishi.
Or, you may end up quaratined for coming from a time filled with highly lethal and infectious diseases that no one in that time is vaccinated against.
Which may not end well with you.
As you spend whatever life you have in isolation/quarantine.
Look at what we do with the people in our own time who have dangerous diseases even now...
... I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
Jeriah wrote:

LOL you know when you think about it that way.

A Viking suddenly appears from his time warp. He is promptly whisked away by local authorities. After some legal/medical running around and debriefing he is offered $15,000 for his Weapons, Armor, and gold and silver. He is put up in a nice apartment at a local university and professors routinely study him and ask him questions. He feels lost and alone, and has no concept of how to get around and function in this modern world. Maybe he ends up dead in his university apartment from suicide, or from a disease he has no immunity to. Just like what happened to the last wild native American, Ishi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishi

Hopefully the Viking learns to adapt to modern society, becomes a history consultant for Hollywood and part time male model with his long hair, lean muscle mass and 5% body fat.

Looking at this scenario make me think going to the future will not be fun or easy.
Yeah, but this is make believe, so he'd start a metal band instead. Jem and the Valhallagrams.

vegasguy

Post by vegasguy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 am

Why is it that other then 1 person no one else is take a firearm...?

What tech do you think they will have if things do not fall apart?

Do you think we will have interstellar travel?

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:45 pm

I believed the gunpowder would go bad in that time and the manufacture of new powder too difficult.

If 3014 tech was way past us, I'll just procure the blaster de'juer. If less but industrial, I'll be the next John Browning. If cavemen, the 1911 would have been a beautiful club.
Boldly going nowhere

Pr0sper0
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ, Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead, Day of the Dead (original)

Post by Pr0sper0 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm nekked so some clothes-the thinnest and lightest the govemrnet could afford. Sealed in a bag.
Compass
pencils
coin collection inc some gold-krugerands.
Some jewelery for the gold, silver and gems.
Jar of honey
flint and steel
good quality knife
spare pair spectacles and prescription lense sunglasses
pocket sized copies of The SAS Survival Handbook, Complete works of Shakespear and The Golden Bough. Either for antique selling value or for my own education/enjoyment.
Gold foil etched photos of wife and kids
My hipflask full of single malt whisky
Heriloom seeds

Return to “What Would You Do?”