Military State

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Viking Fan

Military State

Post by Viking Fan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:50 am

I apologize if this has already been covered but I haven't seen it, and have been concerned about a couple of scenarios:

1. Obama getting shot. This isn't just a regular president. This is a black president and I think a lot of whackos will be out to get him. The result would most likely be a riot. The riots would make the Rodney King riot look like a simple shoplifting.

2. People are pushed way too far regarding taxes and decide to rebel/rise up against our government. The government responds with a military state, which as far as I know, they'd go door to door confiscating you weapons.

Now, what do you do with your guns and ammo? If they rang the doorbell, that would be one thing but if they started breaking in, I'd have to defend my territory. Does anyone have contingency plans for hiding their G & A from the govt'? (If you don't mind sharing).

Thanks

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Military State

Post by the_alias » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 am

Viking Fan wrote:
Now, what do you do with your guns and ammo? If they rang the doorbell, that would be one thing but if they started breaking in, I'd have to defend my territory. Does anyone have contingency plans for hiding their G & A from the govt'? (If you don't mind sharing).

Thanks
Then you'd be dead, great survival plan there...
Man is a beast of prey

OneManShow
Favorite Zombie Movies: All. hahahaha

Post by OneManShow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:38 am

Yeah 100 buck says this thread gets shitcanned. No pistol pete I dont think he is implying that he wants to shoot Fedaral agents, OK.

But seriously,

situation A) dont think riots, mabey national morning, hes been the most popular pres. since Kennedy. Just cause a few white supremists want to do him in, I dont think this will start a race war. Rodney King riots wasnt a 100% about race. Local criminal orginzations aka "Gangs" had a lot to do with that. Think about it, why would black communitys destroy thier own neiborhood if they hate whites, wouldnt they destroy white communitys? Answer's simple local gangs orginized, saw opprtunity, and exploited it. If the vertic was guilty I bet something would still have happend. I know I will get a response to this so just reserch it, its not a crak pot theory.

situation B) God if this starts happening, and the people of this country arn't fighting back, fuck that I wouldnt want to be of that country. You gotta remember this country isn't that old. There is no example where something like that has happened, unlike the UK which is hundreds of years old and things like this have happend and everything was OK after awhile. If this started here, holy crap I think even the die hard Dems. would be up in arms. Remember this is our country, the peoples country, never been a crown here, and never will there be a absolute power here. Checks and balances of government buddy, if that fails and there is no civil unrest I do not want to be part of that country
Is that you John Wayne, Is this me.

Cyborg
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, obviously.

Post by Cyborg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 am

Viking Fan wrote:
OMG where is it people like you come from, if you start fighting with the forces of law and order then, like this thread, you will surely die.
Strategic Intelligence Officer
UK Chapter.
ZS:X

herbalpagan

Post by herbalpagan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:22 am

A lone person, or even a small group fighting the government with guns is not only useless, but stupid.
I do not think that Obama will get shot, but then no one thought that about Kennedy. He didn't get shot because he was Catholic, so Obama won't get shot because he is black, and if something awful were to happen to him, the nation would go into mourning and people would be angry, but to have it result in a police state, it just wouldn't happen.
As for people revolting because of taxes, it has happened before and will happen again. However, to make the entire country a police state would mean that every lawyer in the country had been removed, the nations courts would have been removed and half the current politicians had been removed. The constitution still is the law of the country.

While I understand what you are saying, this is worded in such a way that it is actually dangerous. Plus, since things like this are being watched, no one will share (in this case) what they would do with their guns and ammo. :roll:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/shtfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

frath0
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fav? Probably the Night of the Living Dead remake - first zombie flick I decided to buy because I enjoyed it so much.

Post by frath0 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 am

herbalpagan wrote: However, to make the entire country a police state would mean that every lawyer in the country had been removed, the nations courts would have been removed and half the current politicians had been removed.
Now THAT sounds like a plan! Seriously, don't you at least snicker at the possibility!? :twisted:
While I understand what you are saying, this is worded in such a way that it is actually dangerous. Plus, since things like this are being watched, no one will share (in this case) what they would do with their guns and ammo. :roll:
Man, you've got that right. Besides, the strangest thing already happened to mine. I lost half in a tragic boating accident, and lost most of the rest while I was camping. Darndest thing I ever saw.
**Actual Conversation from the h0 h0useh0ld:**
Boy: "Daddy, where's next Gombie?!" (charges plastic AR-15)
Daddy: "Oh no buddy, he's coming for your baby sister!"
Boy: "NO WAY GOMBIE, I WUV MY SISSY!!!" (ratatatata with plastic AR-15)

Finch

Post by Finch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:04 am

Last edited by Finch on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Subdiver

Post by Subdiver » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 am

Gosh, I don't seem to have any guns...
1911, 1894, 1903, 1300. Single Malt, Green wire.

Illegitimi non Carborundum

"I decided that I couldn't afford to like everybody anymore. I went on a low social-cholesterol diet. No more fat-heads."

- Utah Phillips

My ass is on a boat, but my heart's in my forest.

Hatch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Resident Evil, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Hatch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:12 am

Meh. Sounds to me like someone's been reading the Turner Diaries, and getting a little too worked up over it. :roll:

--Hatch
3d6. That's how I roll.

JibbaJabba
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by JibbaJabba » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 am

This isn't just a regular president. This is a black president
No, sir, I'm afraid that's where you're wrong. This really is a regular president. The color of his skin has absolutely zero relevancy, except perhaps to Joe Bob Bubba in the deep south with nothing better to do in his free time than pretend that the KKK is anything other than a sad group of ignoramuses going nowhere fast.

Military state won't happen.

Civilians often forget that every.

Single.

Person.

In the military.

Started out as a civilian. Many even go back to being civilians in a very short amount of time.

We like our freedoms and rights, too.

So you won't find me knocking on your door. I'd rather rot in jail.
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 am

Locked for bad grammar.

:)
Just kidding. Let's keep this one on track and it'll do fine. As long as we can avoid:
- Vast generalizations regarding race (like "black people think this way....)
- Calling out political figures and parties
- Personal attacks

This thread shall continue to enjoy ever expanding storage on the ZS webserver.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

tilt

Post by tilt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 am

I'd like to add a post to rasie my post count.

There, I feel better now.
Murphy is my Co-Pilot

Finch

Post by Finch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 am

but i just removed my comments and posted such a witty picture!

Allright well,

I'd Get the fuck out of dodge.

Canada is nice :)

But if i need to stay i have a gravel floor in my crawspace.
NRA XTC High Master

bioboy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead (remake)
Shaun of the dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the living Dead
Land of the dead
Dawn of the Dead (old)

Post by bioboy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 am

For me there is no option since by Canadian law I have all my guns registered so they would be knocking on my door quick. If Canada decided to be a military state. I'm still of the mind from that Military can control the cities and will have no choice but to ignore small villages and hamlets. Generally that's where rebels will hide and where I will be moving as soon as I'm done going to school for the second time. (Note to self school is for the young) That might be it for teh westren area of the country they might just give Ottawa the finger and leave.

I think Canada would have a national day of mourning if Obama died and I really think that's what would happen south of the border. Sure I wouldn't want to be the suspect because he/she wouldn't get a fair trial. If there was rioting I think it would be a few people trying to justify crimibnal intentions and useing that as an excuse.
Last edited by bioboy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bioboy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead (remake)
Shaun of the dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the living Dead
Land of the dead
Dawn of the Dead (old)

Post by bioboy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

Finch wrote:
Allright well,

Around North Dakota don't even try to cross east of Manitoba. :D Just rember it's 5-10 years and a ridiculus fine for illegal possesion of a firearm here.

Finch

Post by Finch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

bioboy wrote:
Finch wrote:
Allright well,

Around North Dakota don't even try to cross east of Manitoba. :D Just rember it's 5-10 years and a ridiculus fine for illegal possesion of a firearm here.
Well since i'd have to give them up in the US anyway (apparently) assuming i'm granted asylum i'd buy whatever i legally could up there once i become a Canadian Citizen. (i can't believe i just ended a sentence with that)
NRA XTC High Master

AgentBlack
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them, anything where the dead walk and eat people is cool with me.

Post by AgentBlack » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:21 am

get away from my door you pesky federal agents!!!!
“Blessed be God, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.”
Psalms 144;1

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am

Viking Fan wrote:The government responds with a military state, which as far as I know, they'd go door to door confiscating you weapons.
Severely doubt the gvt. is going to go door to door to confiscate guns nation-wide. Would require too much manpower, will result in too many deaths. The Powers That Be have seen the rise in gun & ammo purchases and bricks are quietly being shat in the halls of power. The number of gun owners in this country far outnumbers the combined police and military forces.
It can always get worse.

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:47 am

...and in case number 1 happens, the conspiracy literature industry will skyrocket. I expect in 5 years Oliver Stone will have his own unfactual movie out about the incident in which he blames everyone including the Kitchen Sink Makers of America.
It can always get worse.

frath0
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fav? Probably the Night of the Living Dead remake - first zombie flick I decided to buy because I enjoyed it so much.

Post by frath0 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 am

DFWMTX wrote:
Viking Fan wrote:The government responds with a military state, which as far as I know, they'd go door to door confiscating you weapons.
The number of gun owners in this country far outnumbers the combined police and military forces.
+1, but you're missing a critical fact here, too - many of those gun owners ARE military and police, as are some of my family and friends. Do you think they're just one big evil force that will do what it's told regardless of the order? AND on American soil, no less? Sorry, but I have it on good authority that many of the people I know in uniform (police or military) would rather quit and/or go AWOL than lock up, shoot and/or confiscate weapons from American citizens. They swear allegience to the Constitution; they take orders from the President/Joint Chiefs. If the orders of the latter seriously conflict with those of the former, soliders especially have not only a right, but A DUTY to NOT follow through on said orders.

At least, from the friends and family *I* have. :wink:

frath0

Post by frath0 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 am

JibbaJabba wrote:
This isn't just a regular president. This is a black president
No, sir, I'm afraid that's where you're wrong. This really is a regular president. The color of his skin has absolutely zero relevancy,
Sir, I agree with you straight on principle - NO argument whatsoever there. I don't care what color a person is or who they devote their personal time to - a person is a person.

However, unfortunately, the media this past fall surely made a HUGE deal about it, even as most Americans (from BOTH sides of the aisle!) just plain said "WILL Y'ALL STFU ALREADY? SO HE'S HALF-BLACK - WE GET IT. ISSUES NOW, PLEASE!"

JibbaJabba
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by JibbaJabba » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I have it on good authority that many of the people I know in uniform (police or military) would rather quit and/or go AWOL than lock up, shoot and/or confiscate weapons from American citizens. They swear allegience to the Constitution; they take orders from the President/Joint Chiefs. If the orders of the latter seriously conflict with those of the former, soliders especially have not only a right, but A DUTY to NOT follow through on said orders.
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

Vanguard
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
28 days later....I know they weren't zombies.

Post by Vanguard » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm

American troops are the sons, daughters, mothers and fathers of American citizens. Most military families I know, including mine, have a deep seeded belief in the seconds amendment and the Bill of Rights in general. I'm 99% sure they wouldn't enforce weapon confiscation by the government. I'm about 50% sure that such a large scale unlawful order, shitting on the Constitution, would cause a large scale mutiny within the ranks.

Mjolnir
Favorite Zombie Movies: That one with the zombies and the guns....Yeah you know that one right?

Post by Mjolnir » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Viking Fan wrote:This isn't just a regular president. This is a black president
Woah wait. We have a black president? Oh Oh Oh Is it "Fi-ty"?

1. The country would go into mourning. I would expect some pockets of trouble. Some might get pretty ugly.

2. Well due to a tragic Hide and Go seek game. My guns ran off and so did the ammo. I can't find them anywhere.

Okay so anyway. Military threat is present. Disgustingly high taxation. A central force of power ruling from afar. People are powerless. ( Are you catching on yet? ) They have no stake in their own country. Tensions are high. It takes one spark and it all goes up in flames. Then they want to take away our weapons. Do you get it? Yeah everything I listed Already happened. The point being, People will revolt when pushed into a corner.

Keep in mind Everyone in the Military was born a Civilian. Each and every solider is someone's son or daughter. Their moms and dads. Their brothers and sisters. It is indeed a sad day when I must fear my own. Also, Military men and women swear an oath to uphold the constitution against any enemy Foreign or Domestic. As has been said, they have the right, and duty, to refuse any unconstitutional order. As I dare say it is the right and duty of citizens to ensure power is in the hands of the people, not the few. The Military is Not my enemy.

What scares me, is when citizens willingly back themselves into a corner. Disarm and comply. Take my freedoms so you feel safe in your living room, and refuse to stand even when they take away your last refuge. To the point you open your eyes and have no power to change your own world.

Let us not only hope such a time never comes to pass, but ensure such a time doesn't come to pass.

" All that is essential for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " Edmund Burke
Live with honor,
~Mjolnir

"There is no such thing as an advanced gunfight…just gunfights in which the fundamentals were performed really well."

Return to “What Would You Do?”