Election Aftermath

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Re: Election Aftermath

Post by andygates » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:38 pm

There's always crazy shit going on, and it always wears the clothes of the season. General tension builds up the background level of crazy, but doesn't necessarily define the shape it makes when it sprays out the nozzle.

I'm a bit perplexed by this idea of rioting though. If Obama wins, are white guys going to riot? Or is rioting only something black guys do?
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

MosinMe

Post by MosinMe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:41 pm

andygates wrote: is rioting only something black guys do?
:lol:
Jeriah wrote: Chinese jungle boots will rip, rot, shred, and fall apart like your cock after a month in a Thai brothel.
The 4x4 Thread.

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 pm

MosinMe wrote:
andygates wrote: is rioting only something black guys do?
:lol:

Um.....not funny.

At all. :?
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

Ellie With An Axe

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:26 pm

This is the kind of problem I expect to see locally:

Oklahoma - http://www.koco.com/news/17724300/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New York - http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 2500.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure there are more instances, but obviously these guys are making a large-scale effort and that leaves a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I originally looked it up because the Ada, Oklahoma thing made the local news here since we're not too far off, and the base address for this particular hate group has long been known to be not far from here either.

Hate groups ramping up their hate speech. It's always the vocal minorities that cause the most ruckus, and make their cause or their power seem larger than it really is. But like Jeriah said, it just takes one nutcase to fuck it all up for everyone. One day it'd be nice to wake up and not have this kind of bullshit to contend with. But until then, we have to take small steps. A black man and a woman running for president in the same year is one of those steps that, if you took a time machine back to 1972 and told people, they'd be thunderstruck with amazement. It's progress even if it's small, but it's still progress.

I'm in a small, quiet college town and I really doubt we'll see anything that resembles rioting. Beefed up police presence in large cities should be expected. There are going to be intolerant people drawing lines in the sand on election day, and whichever way the election goes, those people are going to cause problems. Here where I am, I don't expect a lot to happen. The most I'd expect to hear about is vandalism, robberies, random attacks. But the larger cities have a larger population and thus a higher chance of problems, especially problems with a snowball effect, in depressed areas.

But here, most likely, kids will still go to classes, people will still go to work. If I still lived in Washington D.C. or Dallas, I'd probably bring in the cat, draw the blinds, and have a couple of friends over for the night, watch the returns, eat some pizza, drink some beer, and play naked Twister.
Last edited by Ellie With An Axe on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

HHaase
Favorite Zombie Movies: Errrr, I actually don't like zombie movies.
::::runs away::::

Post by HHaase » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Wow, we have the Klan out here on Long Island? Just what we need, more idiots.
"This does not mean, however, that we are unaware of the true meaning of the term 'security.'
To us, the term has broad meaning. It rests in the physical force embodied as it is in the ships and their base,
but also in intellectual factors among which Intelligence plays an outstanding role."
- Captain Ellis M. Zacaraias, USN

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Bad thing about riots is they don't always need a descent reason to start.
Some people like to tear up shit for grin and giggles, the election aftermath will give them a justified reason, that is in their stupid twisted minds. The people that will suffer aren't responsible, they are there or their houses and businesses are there. Ramped up law presence makes a mob of folks feel more threatened and they actually go off quicker.
The whole freakin' deal wreaks with lose. Get ready, stay low and out of the way. Good thing to do is inventory preps and watch TV on election night. Let the crazies have the street. I plan to keep the hell out of anywhere shit wants to kick up. For at least a good month or two or three or twelve.

As Leslie Nielson kept saying in the movie Airplane "Good luck, we're all counting on you".
Somehow that quote seems to fit. :(
Last edited by Flying Lead on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Oops, a double.

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Ellie With An Axe wrote:This is the kind of problem I expect to see locally:

Florida - http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/stra ... 5&catid=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oklahoma - http://www.koco.com/news/17724300/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New York - http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 2500.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not to nitpick Ellie, but the "Florida" link is just another link to the NY crap.

Rest assured, we no doubt have more than our fair share of racist idiots around here as well though..... :(
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

MosinMe

Post by MosinMe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:24 pm

DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote: Rest assured, we no doubt have more than our fair share of racist idiots around here as well though..... :(
Hate to agree but you Sir are correct.
Jeriah wrote: Chinese jungle boots will rip, rot, shred, and fall apart like your cock after a month in a Thai brothel.
The 4x4 Thread.

awarrenfells
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, The Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Post by awarrenfells » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm

MosinMe wrote:
DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote: Rest assured, we no doubt have more than our fair share of racist idiots around here as well though..... :(
Hate to agree but you Sir are correct.
Ditto :?
CaptBrainFreeze wrote:When and if ZS panics then you can be sure beyond any doubt that we are screwed and anyone not ZS has already died. :wink:
Jamoni wrote:If Zombie Squad says you have too many weapons and issues, you have too many weapons and issues.
Steyr M40-A1 [Carry Weapon of Choice]

19kilo

Post by 19kilo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 am

Of course there is actual violence.

The lady gets her face carved over a bumber sticker. now home is shot up.

http://www.local6.com/politics/17784129/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The water gets hotter...the frog keeps swimming

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:44 am

No.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

DaJoker

Post by DaJoker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:15 am

Considering that I would be one of those who would go out and raise hell if we have ANOTHER old white guy with bad teeth as president (I guess Washington set the 2 term and bad teeth precedents :wink: ).
I guess I shouldn't say what EXACTLY i'd do but I can tell you it involves boiling bleach.

On a more serious note, I don't think that there would be a huge deal over it, but in swing states it's going to be a challenge for law enforcement to keep the peace. And when either candidate gets elected, the secret service will have their hands full. I don't think the "Kill him!" chants at Palin rally's are that innocent. No offense to Alaska residents.

Damn its hard not getting political >.<
NLM FEMA8 Knucklebuster
"Man's true profession is to find the road to himself." Thomas Hobbes
“Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.” Taliban member quoted in Newsweek
M1A/5.7x28mm/Green Wire/Pie

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:39 am

The Pittsburg story has pretty much already been discounted as a hoax. Also, there has been no corraboration on the alleged "Kill Him" at the Palin rally that I have heard.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

naegling62

Post by naegling62 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am

I wonder.....war not really going so well, economy not doing to good and racial political tensions. It's the 1960 all over again. :o
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA
from products and materials produced in China

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Ellie With An Axe

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:40 am

DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:Not to nitpick Ellie, but the "Florida" link is just another link to the NY crap.

Rest assured, we no doubt have more than our fair share of racist idiots around here as well though..... :(
Fixed the link, thanks. I thought for sure I had a link of the same flier-posting stupidity in Florida. But I do know you've got racist nutballs down there, too. I've seen 'em before, while on vacation throughout Florida. For that matter, I've seen whackos in D.C., too, when I lived there. There are whackos in San Francisco, hell they're pretty much all over the place. I'm in Arkansas. That crap flies here constantly. Ugh.

Back to the election hooey... instead of focusing on the bad, I'm all for a previous suggestion by Flying Lead. Just stay in and use the night as an excuse to inventory your preps. There should be a few of these nights every year, but a big one every 4 years would be perfect for all of us procrastinators. Throw an unofficial Zombie Squad inventory party, have a friend or two over, go through and list out all the gear, change all the batteries, rotate the food stocks, have a good time!

Invictus99

Post by Invictus99 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:58 am

ChristisKing wrote:If you don't think riots are likely than explain why major cities accross the US have beefed up police for the week of the election day?
This does not surprise me that the police are preparing for potential violence. Since Katrina, the government (local, state and federal for that matter) is afraid of getting caught with their pants down. I know my Guard Unit has been put on alert for the fist part of November. They haven't told us why, we just got a call telling us to have our equipment ready for a possible mobilization the first week of November.

I do not there will be civil unrest, though. I think the government is just preparing for the worst case scenario. (Something we ZSers are familiar with I think)

**EDIT: Grammar
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 pm

arrowolf wrote:The Pittsburg story has pretty much already been discounted as a hoax. Also, there has been no corraboration on the alleged "Kill Him" at the Palin rally that I have heard.
Ashley Todd admits to making up attack story. Sad. She was obviously beaten by someone and I hope she tells police who really did it. Boyfriend, maybe?
Mostly not here anymore.

TC

Post by TC » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm

dogbane wrote:
arrowolf wrote:The Pittsburg story has pretty much already been discounted as a hoax. Also, there has been no corraboration on the alleged "Kill Him" at the Palin rally that I have heard.
Ashley Todd admits to making up attack story. Sad. She was obviously beaten by someone and I hope she tells police who really did it. Boyfriend, maybe?
To me, that is just as worrying if it was done for political reasons...
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Post by Chef » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 pm

I don't understand why anyone puts campaign stickers on their car. Asking for trouble.
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

Pondo_Sinatra

Post by Pondo_Sinatra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:37 pm

Chef wrote:I don't understand why anyone puts campaign stickers on their car. Asking for trouble.
...but you have to see that we're in a pretty sad state if a friggin campaign sticker will get you a beat down. I'm not a big bumper-sticker fan anyway, but I've never wanted to cap anyone's ass just because they had "candidate A's" bumper sticker on his car, or was wearing his shirt, etc. - that's just plain fucked up, no matter what your politics are.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:56 pm

farblue wrote:
Chef wrote:I don't understand why anyone puts campaign stickers on their car. Asking for trouble.
...but you have to see that we're in a pretty sad state if a friggin campaign sticker will get you a beat down. I'm not a big bumper-sticker fan anyway, but I've never wanted to cap anyone's ass just because they had "candidate A's" bumper sticker on his car, or was wearing his shirt, etc. - that's just plain fucked up, no matter what your politics are.
My wife was almost forced off the road by a carload of finger-waving idiots years ago, most likely because of a political bumper sticker. Now we show our support for the North Carolina Zoo.
Mostly not here anymore.

zephyrkyuubi
Favorite Zombie Movies: um all of them, except house of the dead 2.I love ROTLD, DOTD, RE, 28 days later, shaun of the dead, evil dead, army of darkness. How could I forget Planet Terror

Post by zephyrkyuubi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 pm

farblue wrote:

It is sad and unamerican.
The constitution and the bill of rights go right out the window when someone doesn't agree with you. :(
(Not you personally, but thats what some people think)
“Good government is no substitute for self-government”~ Mahatma Ghandi

face.yo

Post by face.yo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Pittsburgh police say a McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack.
Ashley Todd

Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department's investigations division, said Ashley Todd is being charged with making a false report to police.

Chief Bryant said Ms. Todd admitted today that the story was false.
"We have robbers here in Pittsburgh, but they don't generally mutilate someone's face like that," Chief Bryant said. "They just take the money and run."
had to post this to clear my city's name :evil: i used to live in that neighborhood and that is my bank, totally not a bad place at all, actually a quite safe business district with a fair amount of traffic
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08298/922564-100.stm

Return to “What Would You Do?”