What would you do in I am Legend

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

zombieslayr112

What would you do in I am Legend

Post by zombieslayr112 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:13 pm

Thanks for reading, just wondering, what would you do differently in a scenario such as the movie regarding a home, hunting, defences or anything.

Sorry about the spelling
Last edited by zombieslayr112 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

OhioMe

Post by OhioMe » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:18 pm

I'd nuke it from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
German Serial Killer Who Hacks Heads Off Rabbits Uses Google Earth to Find Victims
DavePAL84 wrote:If you guys bring an old t-shirt or two each it would also be beneficial (maybe something you don't mind being perforated with bullets and then thrown out?)
BeerandGuns wrote:.25 ACP. It took down Zombie Reaper and he's a bad a** motherf****r

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:18 pm

I'd want to determine who Legand was first of all.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

DrGonzo
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: What would you do in I am Legand

Post by DrGonzo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:19 pm

zombieslayr112 wrote:Thanks for reading, just wondering, what would you do?
Umm...kind of broad. Narrow it down a bit. What would I do differently? What would I do the same? What would YOU do? Different weapons, preparations, faithful animal companions? Are you asking me if I would hunt deer in Times Square and talk to mannequins?

Present a more detailed scenario, or I'm afraid heckling will ensue.
hunter wrote:Of course the term "Mêlée" is lame, it's French.
ZSC:005 The Western Washington Chapter

urotu

Post by urotu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:31 pm

I would've played more golf.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -T.Edison

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:43 pm

I would have gotten out of Dodge long ago. Manhattan lives or dies on nick-of -time food delivery schedules. A pandemic would most certainly disrupt that schedule, and you would be really hard pressed to find food after. There would be little point in foraging about in apartments, most of the food would be gone. Canned goods? Just ask the city dwellers on this board how popular they are amongst the more genteel population. Most grocery stores keep fresh veggies, less so canned.

Guns and ammo? There's two stores in lower Manhattan, with very little of either. Liability, ya know. A few boxes of rifle ammo at most. Post-ban mags, a mix of pistol ammo and that's about it. The one uptown store is Berretta's, more like a gun library with rows of Perazzi's, Browning Superposeds, and other obscure single shot trap guns. Plenty of #7 1/2 shot and orange clays, if that's what you want. The sun never set in NY.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Ricky Romero
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD '78 and '04, 28 Days Later, Zombie Strippers

Post by Ricky Romero » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:37 pm

zombieslayr112 wrote:Thanks for reading, just wondering, what would you do differently regarding his home, hunting, science or anything.
If you are wondering who Legand is go see the movie dumbass

It is amazing how big a douche one can reveal themselves to be in 11 posts.
I survived Zombie Con 2009!

zombieslayr112

Post by zombieslayr112 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:03 pm

Ricky Romero wrote:
zombieslayr112 wrote:Thanks for reading, just wondering, what would you do differently regarding his home, hunting, science or anything.

Fuck off
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:26 pm

zombieslayr112 wrote:
Ricky Romero wrote: It is amazing how big a douche one can reveal themselves to be in 11 posts.
Fuck off
No, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!

Anyway. if it was me in the movie, I'd have driven a Ferrari Enzo instead of that Mustang and a Hummer instead of the Expedition... apart from that, mostly the same.
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:
First: Get a spoon.
Second: Eat my ass.

zombieslayr112

Post by zombieslayr112 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:27 pm

Nice car choice

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Ricky Romero wrote:

:lol:
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:47 pm

First of all, if I was a supposedly intelligent and educated guy, my family would have been the hell out of there LONG before "Oh no, I think it's airborne now!" The first time I saw the movie, when his family was moving through the army checkpoints, I thought "Wow, once the government is controlling the perimeter, you've waited way too long to GTFO."

After that, and assuming you mean I was determined to stay in NYC like Neville was, I would have kept my weapons closer than he did. I would have established backup stashes of food/weapons/ammo/equipment aroung the city, in case I was cut off from my BIL, or was wounded and couldn't travel far. I would have stood my ground and shot that deer, instead of trying to run within shotgun range. I might have set myself up closer to the water, for defensive purposes. (Debatable, though, can darkseekers swim? Plus, he wanted to stay in the family home.) I may or may not have played chess with a statue of Ceasar.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

bonanacrom

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:48 pm

ricky romero-very uncool,and I would have left for the mountains as soon as the gov.was no longer keeping the place surrounded.
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

mrkash

Post by mrkash » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:54 pm

I'd just kiss my ass goodbye.
Mr Kash

It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it - Burt Gummer

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Keep a weapon on me at all times. Keep more ammo near.

Ensure I've got lots n lots of lights avalible. :)
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

OhioMe

Post by OhioMe » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 pm

zombieslayr112 wrote:
Ricky Romero wrote:

Fuck off
Poor form, buffy112. Take it from me, don't be an AH to someone until you have at least 10% of their post count. Even then if they've over 999 posts on a forum, think if you to tell them to perform an anatomical improbability upon their person.
German Serial Killer Who Hacks Heads Off Rabbits Uses Google Earth to Find Victims
DavePAL84 wrote:If you guys bring an old t-shirt or two each it would also be beneficial (maybe something you don't mind being perforated with bullets and then thrown out?)
BeerandGuns wrote:.25 ACP. It took down Zombie Reaper and he's a bad a** motherf****r

AwPhuch

Post by AwPhuch » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 pm

How old are you zombieslayr112?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Should be a convenience store, not a Governmental entity
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Abacus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Abacus » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:52 pm

Ricky Romero wrote: It is amazing how big a douche one can reveal themselves to be in 11 posts.
Bwah ha ha ha! Were I the sort of person to have a sig, that might qualify.

Whoa, when I read zombieslayr's posts on "fortifying" his house I thought he was thick as a whale omlet for starting off his bug in process by abandoning his ground floor to the zeds. I've had breakfast cereals that were better fortified than his plan.

However, seeing this behavior really clarifies how much advice I want to give him.

Zombieslayr, poor form, go bug into Walmart.

Edited for niceness

rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:14 am

I'd drink more expensive wine for one thing :wink:

PS, I thought the film was shite :roll:
Rik
South Wales
UK

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:34 am

Ricky Romero wrote:

I'm so glad you're back Rick.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

stimpy321972
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead, shaun of the dead

Post by stimpy321972 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:51 am

I think I would have a semi-trailer with a pull a long and trailer. Virtually inexhaustable supply of fuel. And with the cab/sleeper a more defendable vehicle... I sure as h&ll wouldn't let my dog go out like that.. what a p*ss
MaxRite wrote:
BigBossMan wrote: My AR is a precision weapon.
Couldn't agree more. It is a precision weapon. It will jam at the precise moment you need it the most. :)
AK/Glock/Blue Wire w orange stripe/Twinkies

Call Sign: KK4JKV

zephir

Post by zephir » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 pm

the only difference is that I'll shoot them more. There's only so many zombies to kill, if you go them (instead of hiding), then there won't be any zombies left in the city very soon. They may seem powerful, but they're still human, so a headshot with a shotgun would kill them.

And since the zeds seemed to be allergic to sunlight, then how about opening some of the closed in spaces? With the sunlight as your shield, start breaking down walls around 8am and work until 4 pm. soon the subways/sewers will be the only place for the zeds to hid in, which all entrances will be backfilled with dirt and cement.

XtraBright

Post by XtraBright » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Hmmm....

Aquire a sturdy truck or car, mount armor, generator and UV lights.

Leave the place for a smaller city.

Clean trough it at day, sleep in the protected car at night.

Maybe some remote city ( in the mountains ?) with few roads to reach it.

After the city is clean, block the roads to the place.

Build a fortress.

Try to do basic gardening and livestock (food will run out).

This may work but ... for what ?

If you really are the last man on earth, you are screwed anyway.

Barbarian Rage

Post by Barbarian Rage » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:02 pm

stay inside, armor the windows and doors a lot better than will smith did, then take pop shots at the bastards from a top floor window with NVG, and maybe some napalm fire boms. bwahahahaha
when life gives you lemons.....throw them at people who have nice cars.

Return to “What Would You Do?”