Brilliant but troubling question

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mad Bodhi

Brilliant but troubling question

Post by Mad Bodhi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:08 am

A buddy and I were talking and he posed a question.
If you at ground zero, meaning that you were the first person to see a zombie. The person was dead, you checked the vitals, and then they got back up and started to go after someone.
What would you do?
If you kill it, you avert a zombie apocalypse but no one would believe you and you will go to prison for murder.
If you don't, you are single handedly responsible for allowing an outbreak.

So, what would you do?

LD!

Re: Brilliant but troubling question

Post by LD! » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:12 am

Mad Bodhi wrote:A buddy and I were talking and he posed a question.
If you at ground zero, meaning that you were the first person to see a zombie. The person was dead, you checked the vitals, and then they got back up and started to go after someone.
What would you do?
If you kill it, you avert a zombie apocalypse but no one would believe you and you will go to prison for murder.

So, what would you do?
Although I am also too lazy to do so myself to find a link to the older threads.

I'd recomend using the search feature befor posting as this has been done ooh at least twice in recent memorie before
Last edited by LD! on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:13 am

Been asked many times over, i'm not being a dick...I dont want you to get flamed for no reason....

The proper response would be to alert the authorities and steer clear. Make sure the Zombie in question, however, does not attack anyone. If you have a CCW, then appropriate measures can be taken.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.
Xbox Live Gamertag: XxL1Z4RDxX
Regular Guy wrote:Lizard looks like he can bend steel by looking at it.

Mad Bodhi

Post by Mad Bodhi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 am

DAMMIT,I was hoping to be original.Oh well
As an aside i probably wouldn't post a warning on ZS cause no one would believe me :( .I'll have enough trouble telling the wife to gear up and max the cards with ammo and food before the world knows whats going down.I tried that route when I wanted a .50 bmg at the local gunstore already.

gothamalleyviper

Post by gothamalleyviper » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:41 am

"Hello 911, yes I'm a sunnydale funeral home and one of the corpses is wondering around the basment. No I am not on drugs, nor am I crazy!"

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:36 am

Poke it with a stick.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am

Mad Bodhi wrote:If you at ground zero, meaning that you were the first person to see a zombie. The person was dead, you checked the vitals, and then they got back up and started to go after someone.
What would you do?
Find a way to immobilize it (rope, pile of furniture, parked car on legs) and call 911...prevent the spread of zombies, allow the scientific community to study the thing, and avoid a bothersome murder charge...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Scott Skawronska
Favorite Zombie Movies: That one with that guy, and he does that thing, and then they all get eaten! Which one was that?

Post by Scott Skawronska » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Where I am, there is a thing called "Justifiable Homicide".

If I were in danger, I would defend myself.

If I were not in immediate danger, but could see that the zombie could actually attack someone...

I agree, restraint would be the best bet. I'd probably call a friend while keeping this thing under surveillance. I can see how that phone call would go...

"Yeah, it's me. I'm at (insert location here) and I need you to bring your shotgun, a pair of handcuffs, and some leg irons."

"Yes. Well, sort of. I'll be better off letting you see why yourself."

"Yes, it's a @#$%ng emergency! You think I call you up because I think it's funny?"

"No, I CAN'T call the law. You'll understand when I get here. And bring the cleanup kit."

"Yes, it is that bad. I can't discuss it any further over an open phone line. Move."

Once my buddy got there, provided I hadn't shot the beastie yet (I'm thinking, kneecapping the thing might impede its mobility, and once I've discharged my firearm I'd HAVE to get law enforcement involved), we'd attempt to restrain it with proper restraints, and THEN call law enforcement.

The cops would be a little weirded out by it, but if I as an EMT could demonstrate why I thought this thing was a Zombie, and they could bring out a Medic unit to verify, then that'd be the best course of action.

If, by their own stupidity, they figure this guy is just in really bad shape and send him unguarded to the hospital...

...then it's not my fault they're stupid. At that point I'd just head out and let the gene pool cleanse itself of the stupidity.

Scott
"It burns me up when elitists try to force us into a situation where we must either beg for a totalitarian police state or submit to the desires of the antisocial."

Zombies? Yeah, they're good eatin', but ya gotta have hot sauce, and remember, they regenerate, so if you eat enough, you'll never be hungry again!

CommonHighrise
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bone Sickness.

Post by CommonHighrise » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Mouthguard coated in superglue, a leash, and big silly hat. He would be my new best friend. I'd call him Sqishes. I'd take him to all the good parties. You think I could get a zombie drunk?
ImageImage
CH's Current Project: Catching up...

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:25 pm

Learn how to lasso...that'll immobilize him. Then hog tie.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.
Xbox Live Gamertag: XxL1Z4RDxX
Regular Guy wrote:Lizard looks like he can bend steel by looking at it.

AntiZombie Corps

Post by AntiZombie Corps » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 pm

L1Z4RD wrote:Learn how to lasso...that'll immobilize him. Then hog tie.
why wasn't that ever brought up before?? interesting ....

artyboy

Post by artyboy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Just because it's the only one around doesn't mean that it's the only one. It would depend on a lot of things. Is it a runner? Does it know that I'm there? Are there a lot of people around? Is it obviously dead? The zombie apocalypse isn't likely going to be started by one zombie.
Prepare for the most likely first. Once you've got that covered THEN you can start to prepare for the worst.

CLEAR CUT

Post by CLEAR CUT » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:40 pm

I agree. Where there's one, there are probably more.

Your only way to prove you're not insane would be to catch it alive(?).
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

Ringo

Post by Ringo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Kneecap, kneecap, elbow, elbow. Call the cops. He's goin' (To quote Greenly from the Boondock Saints) "F*ckin'...Nowhea!"

-R.
~* The Mad Cap. *~

100th Post: 7/30/07.
TravisM.1 wrote:You're worried about "too creepy" in a Z-PAW?
My Girlfriend said (about her Toyota Matrix) wrote:..I can't just four-wheel drive this bitch, but its not bad..

Pookie

Post by Pookie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:50 am

figure I may have not taken vitals right, but close Zed in a room. Call the cops and pray they don't think I am ready for a state sponsored vacation to the mental hospital.
أكل لحم الخنزير هو متعة
It is like the Cookie Monster trying to run a Chips Ahoy factory
-Father Mark Cristina on the topic of big government

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 am

I would shoot it, a double tap to the head. THen I would put a knife next to its body. After all, you cant il :twisted: :twisted: legally kill someone who is already dead.

bogie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, NotLD, DotD 04, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by bogie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:36 pm

yeah but that there is still desecration of a corpse, dunno the penalties to that, but still you generally want to avoid any thing illegal :S

as others said, restrain, call leo's. I would defiantly not mention zombies (unless I was lucky and got my friend who works at dispatch, and even then he might think its just a stupid joke :| ) just say you found someone, checked the vitals, they appeared to have none, then all of a sudden gotten up and acting crazy, and you thus restrained them to keep them self and others safe.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 pm

'Say ello to my little friend'
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

artyboy

Post by artyboy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Trying to restrain a zombie just seems like a really bad idea. You're better off putting as much space between you and it as possible. Call the cops and let them take care of it. If it attacks you then do what you have to do. I would treat it like anyone else that tries to attack me unprovoked.
Prepare for the most likely first. Once you've got that covered THEN you can start to prepare for the worst.

bogie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, NotLD, DotD 04, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by bogie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 pm

hmm, was just thinking, even if that was the first and only zombie, once the fed government finds out, which i imagine shouldn't take too long if its moving about and has no pulse and stuff, I could see everyone who had direct contact with the zed going into quarantine. Now if that was the only one, and its not spread via air and you didn't get any fluids on you, well its just an inconvenience, but if it isn't, be almost as bad i think as being in jail while the outbreak occurred.

cpitcher83

heres what you do

Post by cpitcher83 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:37 pm

you pull a barbara in NOTLD 90 shoot it in the stomach, "is he dead!" shoot it again "is head dead" then cap it in both knees let it crawl then put it down. make sure you have witnesses.

Panicnow

Post by Panicnow » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:26 pm

from now on, every corpse I check vitals on, I'm going to tie their shoelaces together.
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
-------Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett

defrew

Post by defrew » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:08 pm

good IDEA LOL

david_lynch3
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, the beyond

Post by david_lynch3 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:30 pm

[quote="Mad Bodhi"] A buddy and I were talking and he posed a question.
What would you do?

So, what would you do? [/quote]

run, I would run and hide. because there would be no weapons, right?
Last edited by david_lynch3 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in dreams things are real

Return to “What Would You Do?”