I only have one arm in the ZPAW

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Choose Wisley my son

1. Remington 870
33%
2.Marlin 60
25%
3. Medieval Crossbow
17%
4. Mauser 98K
17%
5. Bond Arms Derringer
8%

Total votes: 12

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

I only have one arm in the ZPAW

Post by The Twizzler » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:41 am

Well, you wake up from a coma in the active ZPAW. Your primary arm isn't working and the people who rescued you from the Nursing Home are keen for you to earn your keep. They judge you as basically cannon fodder and give you these options for weapons in a front line defense role. Remember these are the guys with the food, defensible base, and better weapons than you aimed at your backs.They will give you each a weapon with a certain amount of ammo for each weapon for fighting daily. You can not grab ammo from your enemy or comrades for reasons. Lets say your area is on a medium hill,and you could see 10-50 barbarians a day mostly armed with melee weapons but a few armed with bows and a maybe one or two armed with fire arms from flint rifles to muskets. They will be rushing you uphill. Remember your primary arm doesn't work it's effectively dead weight. Choose wisely my son.
1. Remington 870 express pump action pistol grip 12 ga with 60 12 ga slugs
2. Marlin Model 60 22lr with a tube magazine holding fourteen rounds with a box of 100 rounds std 22lr lead nosed
3. Medieval Crossbow with ratchet style reload with 200 bolts
4.Bolt action Mauser 98K with 55 rounds of 8MM Mauser loaded in stripper clips
5. Bond Arms 2 hot Derringer in 45 LC with 50 rounds
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: I only have one arm in the ZPAW

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:08 am

I assume you're meaning if I'm right handed, my dominant right arm is useless??

So, now being forced to be a lefty, I'm taking the Remington 870.

Originally, I thought the obvious choice was the Marlin. Semi auto, large mag, light controls for using one hand. But then, I realized that laying a tube mag one handed would be impossible. And barbarians will not be easily dropped with 22lr as headshots will be tough using my weak side.

So I'll take the Rem as pumping one handed is possible and if I use a ledge/wall/prop of some sort, I could rack the gun to run the slide. And one handed reloads on a shitty are difficult but possible.

60 slugs are good for 10-50 barbarians if they are spaced out and not hording.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:10 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:08 am
I assume you're meaning if I'm right handed, my dominant right arm is useless??

So, now being forced to be a lefty, I'm taking the Remington 870.

Originally, I thought the obvious choice was the Marlin. Semi auto, large mag, light controls for using one hand. But then, I realized that laying a tube mag one handed would be impossible. And barbarians will not be easily dropped with 22lr as headshots will be tough using my weak side.

So I'll take the Rem as pumping one handed is possible and if I use a ledge/wall/prop of some sort, I could rack the gun to run the slide. And one handed reloads on a shitty are difficult but possible.

60 slugs are good for 10-50 barbarians if they are spaced out and not hording.
Orrr... Sit on my butt, slide between my feet, and use my legs to pump it while I shoot with the recoil near crotch. It makes sense in my head.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:55 am

I have no idea how to answer, as while I am a very interested and knowledgable about other forms of weaponry, firearms are not my thing. Just posting that it is nice to see another one of your random, crazy scenario choice threads. They usually amuse me and it's been a while :D
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 am

I'll take the Mauser. It makes the best club for when you can't reload fast enough and get over run. Plus it's the only weapon listed with a secondary melee weapon( Bayonet ) which I could use also for personal grooming in between barbarian horde charges. :awesome:
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Bond Arms Derringer.

Then book it away from those loons. Even if they're taking the Russian option and trying to shoot deserters, I'd be safer running in the middle of an attack than staying with them.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:09 pm

I'm taking the 870. Greater question is what I do with it when they hand it to me. Depending on what I think of these people, and how deep into this apocalypse we seem to be, their leader might regret that. Or they might be right to put me where they are and I'll sincerely put my heart into the role.

Most likely I'll start mocking the director of the movie I somehow stumbled into. :lol:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:25 pm

I seem to be the only one interested in the Marlin 60. I’m one of those oddball right handed but left eye dominant people. I learned at a early age to shoot long guns left handed. Off a bench I can do pretty good using only my left hand.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Crossbow.......ammo can be scrounged and reused

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am

The 870, because it's your best chance for a clean, one shot suicide. It's really your best option in this scenario.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Are we defending from a walled position or a trenched position?

If I'm the only defender on the line, 870. I'll probably only get thru the first mag before being overrun so no need for reload speed or endurance considerations past the first mag.

Image 12g slug at 25 yds

If there are 2-5 people on the line, Marlin. Light for endurance and probably easier to aim one handed, and semi auto speed, combined with friendly cover for one handed reloads. May actually outlast the attack before running out of ammo. 1:1 odds.

If there are 6-10 people on the line, Mauser. slow, accurate, deadly, slow reload one handed but with the combined fire from friendlies, doable, a definite defeat for the barbarians.

if there are 11+, the derringer. The one arm man clean up detail, anyone close or over the line gets some. May not even have to fire a shot, WINNING!

I think reloading a full power Medieval would wear the one armed man out after about 5 shots.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

The Twizzler

Post by The Twizzler » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 pm

I went with the Marlin. I do think it's the easiest line up and shoot one handed and it's a semi auto. Yea, reloading is not gonna be great but there are options. You could, while standing use your knees to hold the rifle still, use your mouth to pull the loading tube out and then your right hand to feed rounds in. Once you finished loading, use your now freehand to reinsert the tube, cock the bar and you are ready to rock. I admit this may be very funny to everyone watching. :rofl:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:31 pm

The Twizzler wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 pm
I went with the Marlin. I do think it's the easiest line up and shoot one handed and it's a semi auto. Yea, reloading is not gonna be great but there are options. You could, while standing use your knees to hold the rifle still, use your mouth to pull the loading tube out and then your right hand to feed rounds in. Once you finished loading, use your now freehand to reinsert the tube, cock the bar and you are ready to rock. I admit this may be very funny to everyone watching. :rofl:
You sound like you have....experience . Were there fire mares involved? :?: 8-)

John Titor was right

Lettuce Pray
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Location: 40th and Plumb-- 40 miles from nowhere and plumb out of sight

Post by Lettuce Pray » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 pm

I am also right handed but left eye dominant and shoot long guns left handed. I voted for the Mouser due to the increased range and killing power of the round. I can work the bolt one handed if I have something to prop it on. If I had to be mobile I would have voted for the Derringer and hope that the coma had not killed my cardio completely.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm

I will take the 870 loaded with #2 lead goose shot, a green light laser and an open choke. With the right arm useless my aim will be for shit anyway so whatever I can do to leverage the odds.

However I want the box magazine fed edition with a dozen spare magazines. I will also need a prosthetic arm... wait I have seen this movie B4.....

You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

The Twizzler

Post by The Twizzler » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Well you will be on a line with anywhere from 5-20 people depending on new recruits and losses from the previous battle.
Oh, and no shot for the shotgun Stercutus, it's slugs only :)

MacWa77ace wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm
Are we defending from a walled position or a trenched position?

If I'm the only defender on the line, 870. I'll probably only get thru the first mag before being overrun so no need for reload speed or endurance considerations past the first mag.

Image 12g slug at 25 yds

If there are 2-5 people on the line, Marlin. Light for endurance and probably easier to aim one handed, and semi auto speed, combined with friendly cover for one handed reloads. May actually outlast the attack before running out of ammo. 1:1 odds.

If there are 6-10 people on the line, Mauser. slow, accurate, deadly, slow reload one handed but with the combined fire from friendlies, doable, a definite defeat for the barbarians.

if there are 11+, the derringer. The one arm man clean up detail, anyone close or over the line gets some. May not even have to fire a shot, WINNING!

I think reloading a full power Medieval would wear the one armed man out after about 5 shots.

The Twizzler

Post by The Twizzler » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:07 pm

No Fire mares were harmed in this scenario. The question you should ask is, why was I in a coma and why, does my dominant arm not work. :awesome:

flybynight wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:31 pm
The Twizzler wrote:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 pm

The Twizzler wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:07 pm
No Fire mares were harmed in this scenario. The question you should ask is, why was I in a coma and why, does my dominant arm not work. :awesome:

flybynight wrote:
The Twizzler wrote:
Nah... not going to ask that question. That's too nosey , even for me. Plus what occurs between consenting adults and all that stuff.

John Titor was right

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 pm

The Twizzler wrote:

flybynight wrote:
The Twizzler wrote:
Nah... not going to ask that question. That's too nosey , even for me. Plus what occurs between consenting adults and all that stuff.

John Titor was right

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 am

The Twizzler wrote:
It's a miracle this hasn't already happened to me half a dozen times. I can roll with it.

The most improbable part of this for me is that none of my people left a loaded glock tucked under my comatose body in case I woke up. So I'm assuming I was traveling when I did something stupid to end up this way.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 am

RoneKiln wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 am
The Twizzler wrote:
It's a miracle this hasn't already happened to me half a dozen times. I can roll with it.

The most improbable part of this for me is that none of my people left a loaded glock tucked under my comatose body in case I woke up. So I'm assuming I was traveling when I did something stupid to end up this way.
You may have been transported to the walking dead dimension. Stupid and improbable are likely and common place there :crazy:

John Titor was right

Return to “What Would You Do?”