Where would you ideally go?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Re: Where would you ideally go?

Post by DarkAxel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:05 pm

The Twizzler wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 pm
What about the Isle of Man? Some one mentioned the Applachan (sp?) mountains the US. It would be great to hide in but agriculture is almost non existent in the mountains.

seandeville wrote:Not many places in the UK. 65 million people, at least half of them trying to surge out of the cities.
Three days of food max due to just in time ordering.
London would collapse within 24 hours due to the lack of social cohesion.

Scotland OK but cold in Winter

I know a place in Devon...but I aint telling :)
Might want to rethink that assumption, Twiz. My family survived for generations on agriculture in these Appalachian Mountains. Now industrial farming is close to nonexistent, but there's plenty of ways to grow a living the old fashioned way. Corn and beans can grow on hillsides too.

Bugging out to the mountains might be a bad idea if you aren't a local, though. A whole passel of city folk showing up to squat on land they don't own are liable to be met by armed checkpoints manned by angry hillbillies.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

moab

Post by moab » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:23 pm

RonnyRonin wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:09 pm
Low population density
Long growing seasons
Lots of water
Lots of friends

Thats my recipe for happiness. For me that means the PNW.
+100
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:23 am

most people in the UK wouldn't know where to go anyway, many a time a non prepper has said to me "Britain is a small island nowhere is safe" usually by someone in the home counties(London commuters) and it just isn't true but you have to do your homework and not wait until something actually happens.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

Return to “What Would You Do?”