Poll time: Coawabunga!

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

I will survive with

Nun chucks- I totally won't hurt myself this time.
3%
Sai,Sais, Sai's ? - What do you mean they're only sharp at the tip
17%
Bo Staff- This is the apocalypse and I have a stick and tape, great!
43%
Katanas- I am a bad ass annnnd...... I just cut off my foot.
37%

Total votes: 30

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Poll time: Coawabunga!

Post by The Twizzler » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Sit rep: The zombie apocalypse has arrived. Most of the people in the world have been going about their daily lives with out a care in the world, but not you. NO sir! You have been amassing a quite sizable but unnoticed amount of food, clothing, water, and toiletries. There is a catch. When your interest in prepping merged with your love of a certain group of walking, talking, pizza eating turtles, instead of guns you went out and emulated their weapon choices. Yea yea hindsight is 50/50 but as Teddy Roosevelt once said " Do what you can, with what you have,when you have it" although I concede he was probably not soaking in a bathtub when he said it. So which weapon set are we gonna go with for the Apocalypse? ( You only get one set and lets assume you won't part with your choice weapon so no upgrades later on :clap: )
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Re: Poll time: Coawabunga!

Post by Zimmy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Bo stick for me. If I lose it, I can make another or just pull up a T-post.

I would cut myself with the sword, I have brained myself with nunchucks, and those fork thingies look like something I would never ever reach historical fame with during The After.
Boldly going nowhere

The Twizzler

Post by The Twizzler » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 pm

You didn't fully read the post. You get one set and it has to last the apocalypse. You can make your bo staff from any wood available and the choice of tape is up to you. If you break it either tape it back together( cause your set had tape to begin with. Bonus!!) or now you have 2 tiny bo staffs. As the post master I have the sad task to inform all of you these rules can not be broken or terrible luck shall befall you. ( As an example you replace your bo staff and find an unlooted bar. But woe to thee they only stock Milwaukee Light. The horror.. the horror. :ohdear:

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 am

Need one more choice in your poll - hot sauce!
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:08 am

Whiffle ball bat. :wink:

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Katanas. I don't think the other weapons can deal enough head trauma in a short enough time to deal with zombie hordes. Sais? What am I going to do, poke them in the eyes and jiggle it around, hoping for enough brain damage?
It can always get worse.

OmahaOutdoors

Post by OmahaOutdoors » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Bo staff. It's the only one of the bunch that I have actual training with.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 am

The Staff. It's a walking stick, the start of a spear, a crutch, a and the only one I reliably know how to use to put down zombies without risking getting ate myself.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

aus.templar

Post by aus.templar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 am

Katana

...cause blue wire is making a comeback
shrapnel wrote:Shut the fuck up, you'll meet me and you'll like me or I'll fucking cut you. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote: I collect foodstuffs so that I can stay alive long enough to exhaust my ammo supply.
jamoni wrote: You win. I hope it helps you get chicks.
And on the eighth day Man forged a knife and took survival into his own hands.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Well if I can pick through hardened katana rather than a differentially hardened. I actually know katana and a differentially hardened blade will get bent out of shape pretty quickly in ZPAW. Through hardened though is more resilient and spring tempered and could last much longer without take sets. You sacrifice some edge hardness, but that is ok. Plus Leonardo has two swords, so you get two katana so will always have a back up.

If however I can't pick a through hardened set of katanas I would go with a Bo staff.

Bo staff has more reach which is important. Further you can stay away from what ever is attacking you the better. And since you are limiting the ability to pick up a new stick if yours broke, I would pick the Coldsteel polypropylene staff so I would not worry about breakage.

And if you wont let me pick an unbreakable staff, then I don't wanna play your TMNT prepping game. And will go back to my AK.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:14 pm

I would go with an AK-47, but since that's not an option :( the Sai's would do good.More accurate less apt to break or get lodged.
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:43 am

What, Casey Jones isn't an option?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:59 am

Neither is John Henry.
Boldly going nowhere

The Twizzler

Post by The Twizzler » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Okay you can choose Casey Jones as your weapon but the actor who plaid him is in his 50's so take that as you will.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 pm

My bo staff skills are on point! Learned them from Napoleon Dynamite. But seriously though, I don't know a kid int he world that didn't pick up a stick and start twirling it. Plus you can use it to make a spear or any number of weapons or useful items.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “What Would You Do?”