Chaos hits. Who would be coming for you?

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Re: Chaos hits. Who would be coming for you?

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 07, 2014 9:13 pm

To tell the truth, when I started reading this thread I thought it was about someone in particular coming for you. As in, someone who has a hateful grudge toward you or your family/friends. And will take advantage of the civil unrest to exact revenge.

For instance, my father was a LEO for 25 years, and made a lot of arrests that weren't popular. His best friend was also a LEO and has the same infamy. A close family friend is the county attorney and prosecuted or oversaw the prosecution of those arrested individuals.
That could happen. Most criminals are too drug addled or drunk to bother most of the time. Cut them off from their "stuff" and they can get nasty.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Apathy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Open grave

Post by Apathy » Wed May 07, 2014 9:58 pm

mr_slappy75 wrote:(What is it with this whole racial / cultural identity food representation thing?).
We humans tend to relate lots of things to food. I think of myself as a marshmallow. Pure white, sweet, constantly making messes, fun to bring on campouts and can brown up nicely if exposed to heat. Ladies should love me.
Liebe läßt sich suchen, finden,
Niemals lernen, oder lehren,
Wer da will die Flamm' entzünden
Ohne selbst sich zu verzehren,

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey Everyone:

I'm white bread. Eat me.

Odinsown

vahtryn

Post by vahtryn » Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 am

Something of this nature has recently happened to me. The land owner where i was trying to build a small farm attacked me with a hammer. Got arrested over the whole thing and happens to be going to jail for that along with a 4th DUI. Before all of that he rented one of the rooms on the property to what I like to refer to as a "lenny." You know from of mice and men, only with violent tendencies.

Well the lenny also is a meth head. The other people that he lives next to are all sorts of bat shit crazy and have been trying to influence the lenny against me as they don't pay bills and know they'll be evicted. Lenny takes what ever he's told as truth without any critical thinking and well he is physically stronger than me.

Well this is a "chaos" situation for me as the daughter of the land owner is starting to file evictions for these three people and of course they all blame me for their situation. Not only that the Lenny stole the land owner's truck and bank card after he got arrested. Trying to implicate me in all of this. Since the sheriffs and i are basically on a first name basis and they see that I cause no troubles and do as I should and have absolutely no arrest records or warrants when ever I've been implicated in any of this it gets shrugged off by law enforcement.

How to resolve this issue? I packed up all my belongings of any value and tossed them into a storage unit only I know where. Then I left my 4runner locked, and made sure my trailer can't be used. I took off in my dakota with the dog and just gonna hotel it out until the crazy happens to be kicked out.

Guess this is a bug out of sorts due to crazy and chaos. It definitely sucks but I'd rather be safe than have a seven time convicted felon of a lenny threatening to buy a gun illegally and shoot through the walls of my room at me and the dog. When that threat happened I tied up my hammock near the ceiling and started camping like a damn skitter. Talk about horrible times.

So now that I know there's a huge meth problem in my AO I'm gonna have to worry about those sorts of persons. I don't trust a tweaker farther than I can put them in a trebuchette and launch. They'll just bounce back and be even angrier and crazier than before.

When I get back there I'm gonna definitely be doing some reinforcements of the building. I also have a plan with motion detectors and a very very loud horn to place in certain areas to wake up the (un)dead so should someone come lurking around in the middle of the night I can easily be warned with no issues. Definitely the neighbors will. I have to do this because it takes up to 45 minutes for a 911 call response.

tazmanny

Post by tazmanny » Sat May 10, 2014 3:58 pm

I often wonder the same. I can't really tell how I would go about trying to join a group or letting others join me if my prep level allowed it. Trust during SHTF is a hard to find commodity.
https://sites.google.com/site/simunomicsguide
Can you beat a Business Simulation game if you played against real people?

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus » Mon May 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Didn't think anyone would.
You should check out the "other" Zombie preparedness forum. It is pretty much all they do. Most of it is in broken English and hard to read due to all the misspellings. Those are some of the people I am preparing to deal with in case there is some kind of really bad event.
what "other" Zombie preparedness forum ?
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Barnabus wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Didn't think anyone would.
You should check out the "other" Zombie preparedness forum. It is pretty much all they do. Most of it is in broken English and hard to read due to all the misspellings. Those are some of the people I am preparing to deal with in case there is some kind of really bad event.
what "other" Zombie preparedness forum ?
Here is one
http://www.zombie-forum.com/index.php
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Tue May 20, 2014 10:52 am

I don't have enemies mostly because if you ain't breaking the Golden Rule or hurting others, I don't care what you're doing. (That's a really simplified version)

I'm known to be well armed and a tad crazy by the locals. That should make me near the end of a target list for plunder. There are easier pickings. The flip side is I have no grey man options like a city dweller.

I've tried like hell to help folks and do the right thing in the same place for 42 years.

The people who "come for me" will be looking for food, work, info, or security. All of that is open for barter. My substantial food preps will go fast but I'm planning on the organizational leaps we can create helping us all over the hump together.
Boldly going nowhere

thechin
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1968 Night of the living dead
1990 Night of the living dead
1978 Dawn of the Dead
2008 Dawn of the Dead
1985 Day of the Dead
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Return of the Living dead
Shaun of the Dead

Post by thechin » Tue May 20, 2014 2:18 pm

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill
Because no honest man should be limited to ten rounds. Sorry Bill. I like your revolvers but I hope you rot in hell.-yossarian

if you dont learn google-fu around here your pants will catch fire. Im just sayin.-Blkhrt13

"Be not afraid of any man,
No matter what his size;
When danger threatens, call on me....
And I will equalize." ~ unknown

Return to “What Would You Do?”