What would you do???

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TheShane85

What would you do???

Post by TheShane85 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 am

Scenario: so over the past couple of days, you have been watching the news. The government is collapsing or already has, Rioting has started on a large scale in all major cities. You have enough food preps, water, backup electricity, guns, and ammo. You are within 30-45 min of said major city. You wake up Mon. morning, The t.v./satellites are down, Radio is still going so you KNOW for a FACT T.S.H.F. You decide to hunker down. What do you put on that morning? Is it a chest rig? What do you do to your house as far as barricade? contact family/friends/neighbors? get them to/around you? call your job? Board up windows? Ive seen many a "What if?" but what do you do when it boils down to S.H.T.F.?

mantis

Re: What would you do???

Post by mantis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am

What would I put on that morning? regular clothes. I'd probably have a firearm and load bearing vest with more ammo handy but I can't see myself wearing it around inside the house unless I was faced with an imminent threat. I'd be spending my time contacting friends and family and getting them to my locale ASAP as per our planning. No barricades or anything - just lock the doors and berak out my disaster plan and review it while keeping my ears to the ground (radio, television, internet) for news on what was going on.

I live in a small city bordered on three sides by farm country with a few small towns to the east between here and Hamilton - a large 500,000 city. It is a quite city with a strong sportsmen's culture located in the part of Canada with the highest level of firearms ownership. Basically, if there was an area that looters would be advised not to f*ck with, it would be SW Ontario.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:10 am

I guess I will call work and ask them if they want me to come in. If I can't get through to them then follow the SOP for civil unrest.

Probably put on some long johns and get a good cup of cocoa. Watch the whole thing on the internet.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:14 am

The first thing I'd do is [moved to WWYD]
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Sins

Post by Sins » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 pm

I'd call every person I disliked just to say "ah ha fuckturd I told ya so"

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:The first thing I'd do is [moved to WWYD]
Personally, I'd kill everyone.

Oh, wait, there was a scenario there, right?
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

What would you do???

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:

:lol: that usually is the answer but I don't think it applies here since we have no details on any bad guys :gonk: this scenario is a trick question I tell ya.

"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Blacksmith wrote:I guess I will call work and ask them if they want me to come in. If I can't get through to them then follow the SOP for civil unrest.

Probably put on some long johns and get a good cup of cocoa. Watch the whole thing on the internet.
If I had to work (and there's a good possibility I'd have to) I'd definitely wear a vest and drive like I was ferrying important oil families around Riyadh to get there. If I had a helmet I'd wear that on the way to work as well, but I don't.

If there are riots, the neighborhood I work in would almost certainly be extra-rioty.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:

Keltec .32.

Some day I will buy a Kel-tec .32 just to have it.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

NGshooter17

Post by NGshooter17 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:

Hahaha I lol'd hard.
“On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.”

Ansgar

Post by Ansgar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am

Blacksmith wrote:
Kutter_0311 wrote:

Keltec .32.

Some day I will buy a Kel-tec .32 just to have it.
What we'd all do...
ETA: OT, I'd dress normally, but carry around the house. As far as barricading, I would probably put up plywood from the inside, reducing the visibility of the reinforcement from outside, don't want to advertise one way or the other. As to family/friends, I would try to gather my best friend, who rents a room nearby and my parents (Mrs. Ansgar's mom lives with us) to my place.

HyenaDC

Post by HyenaDC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 am

i'd without a doubt ransack every store in town for eggos. just eggos. wouldn't take anything else. just eggos and have all my friends and my girlfriend over for the greatest last meal in true society any zombie hunter could ever hope for. then load up, and show those walkers why you always leggo my eggo.
//Hyenas die laughing\\

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 am

HyenaDC wrote:i'd without a doubt ransack every store in town for eggos. just eggos. wouldn't take anything else. just eggos and have all my friends and my girlfriend over for the greatest last meal in true society any zombie hunter could ever hope for. then load up, and show those walkers why you always leggo my eggo.
By "ransack," I assume you mean "frantically try to find and then purchase lawfully"?

If waffles are that important to you, you should stock up ahead of time.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Return to “What Would You Do?”