Dealing With Looters

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Rogue45

Re: Dealing With Looters

Post by Rogue45 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 am

I think the key here is the fact the store is also your residence. Board the place up, spray paint some warnings on the wood, hole up inside and if any piece of shit decides to break in, deal with them with the proper amount of force. As was stated before, looters in most of these situations won't be a well armed, organized group. They will be looking for targets of opportunity. Do your best to make them go the other way.
ZSC011

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SEMPER FI

T-Boon
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero FTW.

Post by T-Boon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:39 am

I`ve often wondered if a few chalk outlines out the front and some sheep entrails would deter looters?

Add in some police tape and a "You loot we shoot" sign for realisim?

Murph wrote:The mythical use of tampons to plug up bullet wounds was perpetuated by fanboys of Navy SEALS that heard they go out n get shot up, jam themselves full of kotex'es, hump 75lb rucks up hill both ways to and from the LZ, in monsoon rain, killing bad guys in hails of bullets shooting full auto from the hip,all the while chewin on a snake like beef jerky.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 am

My concern would be that the sheep entrails, chalk outlines, and phrasing of the "YOU LOOT WE SHOOT" would end badly for the owner in the criminal proceedings to follow. Better would be "NO TRESSPASSING, OWNER ARMED" which better fits the "I feared for my life" requirement of most self-defense laws.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:52 am

Couple of reports on this thread so locking for review.
Man is a beast of prey

Return to “What Would You Do?”