What if you and a friend was in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

Discuss those "what if" or "what would you do" scenarios you've been wondering about.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

GEMINI[]92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, zombie land, night of living dead1968, shawn of the dead, return night of the dead 1965, white zombie etc

What if you and a friend was in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

Post by GEMINI[]92 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm

What if you and a friend was in a middle of zombie outbreak. Let's say you and a friend is trap downtown Miami in a shop, it look very grim and your friend told you "we should make a run for it and take our chances." Right there what would you do?

Stercutus

Re: What if you and a friend was in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

Post by Stercutus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:23 pm

How good of a friend? Are we Facebook friends? Do I owe him money? Has he been hitting on my wife? That means I could shoot him in the leg to ensure a clean getaway. Not that I would do that but I don't have to be faster than the zombies, merely faster than my "friend". Just saying.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm

If I'm in Miami I must be having mojitos with my old buddy Sam Axe. I'll order another round while he calls our friend Mike and his crazy on again/off again girlfriend. We should have it all wrapped in about an hour if we account for commercial breaks.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:58 pm

yossarian wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm
If I'm in Miami I must be having mojitos with my old buddy Sam Axe. I'll order another round while he calls our friend Mike and his crazy on again/off again girlfriend. We should have it all wrapped in about an hour if we account for commercial breaks.
I'm in for any movie plot that involves drinking mojitos in Miami while battling zeds with a buddy named Sam Axe.
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:58 pm
yossarian wrote:
I'm in for any movie plot that involves drinking mojitos in Miami while battling zeds with a buddy named Sam Axe.
Aside from the zeds it was a whole series called Burn Notice and Sam Axe was played by Bruce Campbell. Cheesey spy/ secret agent stuff. Awesome show if you don't try to take it seriously. And if you try to take anything with Bruce Campbell seriously, you're doing it wrong.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm

yossarian wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Stercutus wrote:
yossarian wrote:
Aside from the zeds it was a whole series called Burn Notice and Sam Axe was played by Bruce Campbell. Cheesey spy/ secret agent stuff. Awesome show if you don't try to take it seriously. And if you try to take anything with Bruce Campbell seriously, you're doing it wrong.
Wait what? Is this the spin off of the spin off of the walking dead? Don't fear the walking dead?
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm

flybynight wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm
yossarian wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Stercutus wrote:
yossarian wrote:
Wait what? Is this the spin off of the spin off of the walking dead? Don't fear the walking dead?
The wife loved the show. When she first showed it to me I was like, "That's Bruce Campbell! This should be a good show." And then we started watching it. Every 20 minutes or so she would ask; "Is that right? Is that for real?" Kind of in the same voice when I ask her medical questions about some study I read on the internet.

Jeffery Donovan provides such a plausible narrative for everything that you could almost believe that books can stop rifle fire and that a super spy can get told he can't leave Miami. Because it would be so much harder to just kill him or throw him in a secret prison somewhere. If they told me I had to stay in Miami the rest of my life I'd make due, especially if I had Margaritaville privileges.

Of course when they cancelled the show The Black List came out right away. This opened up a whole new level of fantasy spy questions and convoluted plots.
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm

If it is my friend the airborne ranger sniper, we'd climb to the roof with all the ammo we could find and start servicing targets. I'd act as rear security.

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:31 pm

I’d point out that I was never that fast when I was young, inshape, and had good functioning joints. Then I’d suggest we arm up, take it slow and sneaky, and increase our chances.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

Return to “What Would You Do?”