Bio-hazard symbol

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed art stuff.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Bio-hazard symbol

Post by MaconCJ7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 am

I tried a search, but it failed me. I'm looking for a bio-hazard symbol for the hood of my Jeep. Since I am a dramatic fail in the artsy department, I was wondering if one of you kind folk would indulge me.

The idea is for it to cover a good portion of the hood. Not a straight up regular symbol, but one that looks old and is flaking away. Jeep will be black, I'm thinking white/gray for the art. Of course, the artist can use his judgement.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Re: Bio-hazard symbol

Post by Jamie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:11 am

http://tinyurl.com/3j9ayx4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Indiana

Post by Indiana » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:33 am

:lol: I just hurt myself :lol:

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:42 am

Well, now that Jamie's pointed you at what it looks like... :lol:
Are you "artsy" enough to use a compass, and draw circles? You only need 2- 3 sizes, depending on the particular style you choose (re: line thickness). I'm actually not in favor of the use of warning symbols where the legitimate use of the warning isn't warranted, but at the same time, I don't think the hood of a vehicle is going to be confused with an otherwise unidentified container, either. I still wouldn't want someone labeling an in-wall ironing board's door with a fallout shelter emblem. (That crap is only funny ONCE, dammit!)
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you for that most useful help Jamie. Dick. :P I did the google thing, I do understand the internet. I meant the forum search in my original post. There was only one that google found which really caught my eye, but I was hoping for more options.

Dingo McPhee
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1985)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28 Days Later
Resident Evil: Extinction

Post by Dingo McPhee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:42 am

Ten seconds with Google led me to this:

http://www.vinylines.com/store/agora.cg ... mbol_Decal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a vinyl sticker you can order in different sizes up to 30", or higher if you want to custom-order it. Lots of colors too.

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:30 am

CTolley wrote:There was only one that google found which really caught my eye, but I was hoping for more options.
I can google biohazard symbol and get 71,300 results. Which one of these caught your eye?

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 am

I would call some place that can make big car decals and see what it takes to do it. If they just need a small image like this then maybe you can just put it on a usb drive and take it to them.

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:42 am

Not doing the decal thing. I'm wanting it airbrushed under the clear coat. The Jeep is in need of paint, so I figure to get it done up right the first time.

basm

Post by basm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 am

CTolley wrote:Not doing the decal thing. I'm wanting it airbrushed under the clear coat. The Jeep is in need of paint, so I figure to get it done up right the first time.
Then you should probably call around the car painting places and see if they have someone in the shop that does airbrushing designs. If they don't they most likely know a shop that does it and they funnel business back and forth to each other. I bet you they would sketch something out for you.

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 am

That's something I figure I'll do when the timing is a little better. Thank you for the suggestion.

Return to “Art”