Vote on new board display styles! VOTING CLOSED

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Pick your favorite display styles (click names for a link to a demo)

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Dirty Board
15%
Bl@ck
9%
ProFormell
5%
Softwood
6%
AcidTech
5%
SE Gamer Dark
4%
Rock'n Roll Silver
3%
Alpha
4%
Artodia_phantom
1%
khaki_black
6%
SE Gamer Light
3%
khaki
4%
CA Vintage
4%
Avalon
2%
Aktif
2%
AZ_Retro
1%
madevo
0%
Neon
1%
Legacy
1%
Simplicity
1%
Saba
0%
Titan
4%
Pro_Ubuntu Lucid
4%
Envision
0%
Grunge
4%
Artodia_elegance
1%
Darkicy
5%
ClanzDarkness3 (has licensing warning, though)
2%
Poker Olympus
1%

Total votes: 217

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Re: NEW THREAD. Vote on new board display styles!

Post by shrapnel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:48 am

Last day to vote on styles! Or, you know, don't. I'm not the boss of you.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

docdredd

Re: Vote on new board display styles! Last day of voting

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 am

Total members 47760

Total Votes 209

Gotta do better folks, apathy is the great destroyer.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Just voted :)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Eh
They don't vote? They don't get to complain.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am

.... So when can we look forward to getting all dirty on the dirty board? :mrgreen:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Votes are in. There was a 5-way tie between the ones with nine votes each, so I made everything unnecessarily complicated by assigning a number to each one and picking three numbers at random. So... here we are. I have no idea when we're going to implement any of it, but this is what we have for now.

Dirty Board 15% [ 33 ]
Bl@ck 9% [ 19 ]
Softwood 6% [ 13 ]
khaki_black 6% [ 12 ]
AcidTech 5% [ 11 ]
Darkicy 5% [ 11 ]
ProFormell 5% [ 10 ]
khaki 4% [ 9 ]
CA Vintage 4% [ 9 ]
Pro_Ubuntu Lucid 4% [ 9 ]

For reasons that I am not aware of, I can't edit the poll to close it. Rather than locking the whole thread to prevent comments, I'm posting a snapshot of the votes as they stand at this moment, for posterity, and these are the numbers that we are going with. Problem solved, but here's a screenshot anyway.

OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Acquisitor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Vote on new board display styles! VOTING CLOSED

Post by Acquisitor » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Looks like a 5-way tie for the last three spots. When can we expect these to be available on the user control panel?

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Acquisitor wrote:Looks like a 5-way tie for the last three spots. When can we expect these to be available on the user control panel?
Installation is up to the ZS-IT team so it depends on their schedules. Remember, they're all volunteers with regular day jobs.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 pm

I'll start working on them as available. remember, each style needs to be zs-ized to some degree, even if its just dorking around with the ZS logo to replace the placeholder one. Dirty Board will obviously take the most time because its the most awesome but most complex one.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:25 pm

shrapnel wrote:Votes are in. There was a 5-way tie between the ones with nine votes each, so I made everything unnecessarily complicated by assigning a number to each one and picking three numbers at random. So... here we are. I have no idea when we're going to implement any of it, but this is what we have for now.

Dirty Board 15% [ 33 ]
Bl@ck 9% [ 19 ]
Softwood 6% [ 13 ]
khaki_black 6% [ 12 ]
AcidTech 5% [ 11 ]
Darkicy 5% [ 11 ]
ProFormell 5% [ 10 ]
khaki 4% [ 9 ]
CA Vintage 4% [ 9 ]
Pro_Ubuntu Lucid 4% [ 9 ]
Looks like a good bunch of style options. I look forward to getting a chance to use them and find which one I like most.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm

crypto wrote:I'll start working on them as available. remember, each style needs to be zs-ized to some degree, even if its just dorking around with the ZS logo to replace the placeholder one. Dirty Board will obviously take the most time because its the most awesome but most complex one.
Please make sure at least one is a plain jane, work friendly, no logo, version. :wink:

A logo like this one from e-tech gray https://zombiehunters.org/forum/styles/ ... e_logo.gif

Thanks, can't wait.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 pm

crypto wrote:I'll start working on them as available. remember, each style needs to be zs-ized to some degree, even if its just dorking around with the ZS logo to replace the placeholder one. Dirty Board will obviously take the most time because its the most awesome but most complex one.
Status update? Not pushing, just wondering since it's been a month.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Dirty Board is up. I'll probably start moving more styles over from the development site to production over the holidays. I haven't had a lot of time to edit and test stuff over the last few weeks, but I have some free time coming up to devote to it.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:09 pm

crypto wrote:Dirty Board is up. I'll probably start moving more styles over from the development site to production over the holidays. I haven't had a lot of time to edit and test stuff over the last few weeks, but I have some free time coming up to devote to it.
Cool thanks for the update :clap:
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Dirty board is looking good, nice ZS logo on top. Great work.

Looking forward to seeing the other styles as they come out and finding which one I like most.

Another forum I frequent recently did a style upgrade adding dirty board and a few others. One issue some of the people had with dirty board was the flashing icons for threads with a lot of activity. Some folks found it distracting. So for anyone who gets annoyed by flashing or movement the dirty board style is likely not for you.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:15 pm

I did not even see the voting for this.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:19 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote:I did not even see the voting for this.
Well at least now you know there is a new choice of board style, and more to come.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:44 am

LOL, I dont know what to tell you, there was a stickey-ed global announcement for a month. I'm not sure how you missed it. :ohdear:
MF'N TEAM LEADER

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:31 pm

crypto wrote:
LOL, I dont know what to tell you, there was a stickey-ed global announcement for a month. I'm not sure how you missed it. :ohdear:
No big deal. Usually I see stuff like that and it must have slipped through my powers of observation.

I think I would have voted for the new style anyway. I am having a hard time finding things on the present format.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Im gonna roll out the top 5 that were voted on for people to use as they prefer.

Personally, I still prefer the prosilver theme.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:50 am

The Bl@ck style is online.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:36 am

crypto wrote:The Bl@ck style is online.
Thank you sir!

Wait a minute...

The Bl@ck style? Two days before ...

Is this the ZS Geek equivalent of getting coal in our (virtual) stockings for Christmas? :rofl:

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:19 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
crypto wrote:The Bl@ck style is online.
Thank you sir!

Wait a minute...

The Bl@ck style? Two days before ...

Is this the ZS Geek equivalent of getting coal in our (virtual) stockings for Christmas? :rofl:
LOL, Bl@ck isn't black as coal.

Bl@ck is a nice looking style though, basic and easy to use. Another good option for folks. :clap:

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Ask ZS”