Civil Unrest in Kashmir/Possible Zombie Outbreak

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bombastic
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Civil Unrest in Kashmir/Possible Zombie Outbreak

Post by Bombastic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 am

Full Story from the Economist:
http://www.economist.com/node/16542619? ... sinkashmir
OK, maybe not zombies but look at the picture and tell me you'd didn't think that when you saw that guy.

In all seriousness, anti-government protests have erupted yet again in the Indian controlled part of the disputed region and regular Indian Army troops have been sent in to restore order. The Indian government has blamed an increasingly unstable Pakistan and opposition Indian politicians seem to be fanning the flames of discontent for political gain. As the two nations have fought no less than three wars there and have almost resorted to Nuclear War over the region as recently as 2002, I think this warrants attention. Even on a smaller scale this could mean the Pakistani Government could put more troops in it's part of the territory to respond to Indian movements, taking away resources from the Afghan-Pakistan Border and thus hampering NATO efforts in Afghanistan.

USMCSergeant

Re: Civil Unrest in Kashmir/Possible Zombie Outbreak

Post by USMCSergeant » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:30 am

All I could think while reading that was Led Zeppelin

CryHavoc

Post by CryHavoc » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:44 am

USMCSergeant wrote:All I could think while reading that was Led Zeppelin
That's what I thought of first, too. Then I saw the picture and "I am not an animal!" from the movie The Elephant Man popped into my head.
Zombie women love me for my Braaaains!
If the 'Zombie Apocalypse' started today, how would you know somebody wasn't just filming a movie?
A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
KnightoftheRoc wrote:The end result is, you can't convince a closed mind, and you don't need to convince an open one.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 am

Not sure this is a disaster - that's been simmering for decades. I will read up more on it later this morning.

Edit 7:13@ 7am central: not a disaster. This is just the same old same old over there. Might become a disaster, but that's true in a lot of places.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”