Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

scottiej

Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

Post by scottiej » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 am

airborn rabies anyone? let's hope they don't wake up;)
2010-02-10 06:03:59 - Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

EDIS CODE: EH-20100210-24877-NPL
Date & Time: 2010-02-10 06:03:59 [UTC]
Area: Nepal, Bagmati Zone, Bhaktapur District, Tamang village

!!! ALERT !!!

Number of death person(s): 11

Not confirmed information!

Description:

At least 11 persons have died in the past one month of an illness with similar symptoms in a Tamang village in Chagu Narayan VDC, Bhaktapur located in the north-east of the Kathmandu valley. Reports say, panic has gripped the villagers after young people started dying hours after showing symptoms of illness. Everyone who died in the past month showed similar symptoms before death. They complained of headache, temperature and dizziness and oozed out fizz from their mouth and died within hours. The villagers have neither been taking the patients to hospital nor making any efforts for medical treatment. Instead, they resorted to traditional healing including employing traditional healers like Dhamis and Jhankris. VDC secretary of Chagu Narayan informed the public health office of the illness. None of the health professionals have reached the village as of Tuesday. Officials have said, doctors are going to the hospital on Wednesday. Those who died in the past month due to the disease.

The name of Hazard: Unidentified Disease (Fatal)
Symptoms: Headache, temperature and dizziness and oozed out fizz from their mouth and died within hours.
Species: Human

Posted:2010-02-10 06:03:59 [UTC]
"Now you see evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Re: Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

Post by LowKey » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 am

scottiej wrote:airborn rabies anyone? let's hope they don't wake up;)
2010-02-10 06:03:59 - Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

EDIS CODE: EH-20100210-24877-NPL
Date & Time: 2010-02-10 06:03:59 [UTC]
Area: Nepal, Bagmati Zone, Bhaktapur District, Tamang village

!!! ALERT !!!

Number of death person(s): 11

Not confirmed information!

Description:

At least 11 persons have died in the past one month of an illness with similar symptoms in a Tamang village in Chagu Narayan VDC, Bhaktapur located in the north-east of the Kathmandu valley. Reports say, panic has gripped the villagers after young people started dying hours after showing symptoms of illness. Everyone who died in the past month showed similar symptoms before death. They complained of headache, temperature and dizziness and oozed out fizz from their mouth and died within hours. The villagers have neither been taking the patients to hospital nor making any efforts for medical treatment. Instead, they resorted to traditional healing including employing traditional healers like Dhamis and Jhankris. VDC secretary of Chagu Narayan informed the public health office of the illness. None of the health professionals have reached the village as of Tuesday. Officials have said, doctors are going to the hospital on Wednesday. Those who died in the past month due to the disease.

The name of Hazard: Unidentified Disease (Fatal)
Symptoms: Headache, temperature and dizziness and oozed out fizz from their mouth and died within hours.
Species: Human

Posted:2010-02-10 06:03:59 [UTC]
Link?
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

cjm3fl
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), of course the Original Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Re: Epidemic Hazard - Nepal

Post by cjm3fl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:56 am

I was interested in the source so I googled.
Came up with the following:
http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showth ... p?t=140981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lead me to these:
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_re ... s&lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nepalnews.com/main/index.php ... tapur.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index ... s_id=15004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest reports, the number of deceased is now 15
Favorite bumper stickers...."Yeah, But I'm in Front of YOU !!! "
and "Welcome To Florida...Now Go The Hell Home"

Runs with Scissors

Don't Lead Me Into Temptation....I Know The Way

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”