H1N1 pandemic news started 06/11/2009

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

naegling62

Re: H1N1 pandemic news started 06/11/2009

Post by naegling62 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:56 am

I just hope they don't start giving ANAL swabs for H1N1.
Trioxin wrote:If that means I need a tinfoil hat, then dammit it, hand me my silver sombrero.
Packaged in USA
from products and materials produced in China

Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon.

sleep

Post by sleep » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Ellie, I was pretty shocked myself at the story. I asked him to go back to his primary care doctor to ask her if maybe, maybe, they got him mixed up with another patient or did the wrong test. He said he doesn't care, and that it wasn't that bad. He said he's doing better after 3 or 4 days being sick, so most likely does not have Swine flu. Thankfully.

If he exaggerated the story, he's not confessing. As for my part, though it sounded painful I was thinking maybe it was some new more accurate test available to doctors, and just wanted to hear others experience. A preliminary google search frustratingly provided no helpful information.

** Wow, a post review feature, awesome **

Broken1-- thanks, I appreciate it. This is 99% likely what happened. (1) A metal q-tip pushed uncomfortably far into his sinus(?). Though, I myself was thinking (3).

Naegling62-- haha, agreed.

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Mass vaccinations start in the UK next week.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8309326.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Swine flu vaccinations to begin

The H1N1 vaccination programme will begin in Scotland next week, said Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon. Ms Sturgeon revealed the majority of people will have the vaccine administered in a single dose. But she said children under the age of ten and in the at risk group will require two doses of the vaccination.

A total of 1.3 million people are in the priority groups for the first stage of the vaccination programme, which begins on 21 October. The Scottish government said that this includes people aged over six months and up to 65 years in the current seasonal flu vaccine clinical at-risk groups.

The vaccine will be available to:

• All pregnant women (subject to licensing conditions)
• Household contacts of people with compromised immune systems e.g. people in regular close contact with patients on treatment for cancer
• People aged 65 and over in the current seasonal flu vaccine clinical at-risk groups. This does not include otherwise healthy over 65s, since they appear to have some natural immunity to the virus
• Frontline health and social care workers will also be offered the vaccine at the same time as the first clinical risk group.

Ms Sturgeon said: "Vaccination is the best defence we have against the H1N1 virus and I am pleased to be able to announce today the start date for the programme. Scotland is one of the first countries in the world to receive the vaccine supply thanks to contracts put in place before this outbreak."

"I strongly urge people in the at risk groups to have the vaccine. It is also vital that our health workers, who are at increased risk of infection and transmission, are protected against this virus so that they can continue their invaluable work. People should be reassured that the NHS in Scotland and its partner agencies are continuing to do everything they can to minimise the impact of this outbreak."

She said the initial supplies of the vaccine would mainly be available in hospitals next week and supplies would then start to be rolled out to GPs from the following Monday. "We intend and expect to have been able to vaccinate the priority groups before the end of the year."
Meanwhile, we have another expectant mother swine flu death.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/sou ... 308891.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Swine flu kills pregnant teenager

A pregnant teenager from the Borders has become the 15th person in Scotland to die from swine flu. The 17-year-old is understood to have died in the past 24 hours though no further details have been released. Pregnant women are known to be at greater risk of complications from swine flu.

The latest death comes as estimated statistics showed a sharp rise in the number of people contracting swine flu in Scotland. The figure is estimated to have jumped from just under 7000 to 12,500 last week. Last week also saw 64 people admitted to Scottish hospitals with swine flu, the highest figure since the outbreak began.

Pregnant women will be among the priority groups for the swine flu vaccine when it becomes available later this month.

Due to the sudden nature of the teenager's death in the Borders, a report has gone to the procurator fiscal. It is understood the woman did not have underlying health problems.

NHS Borders joint director for public health Dr Eric Baijal said: "This is a tragic situation and our deepest sympathies are with family and friends at this very sad time. As investigations are currently ongoing, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage."

Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon described the death of the young mother-to-be and her baby as "deeply saddening".

"Medical experts have been telling us that pregnant women are more vulnerable to developing complications after contracting the virus. For this reason, they will be among the priority groups for vaccination when the H1N1 vaccine becomes available later this month."

Ms Sturgeon urged all pregnant women to get vaccinated in order to ensure "maximum protection" for themselves and their babies.

She said: "While there is no evidence to suggest that the virus is becoming any more dangerous for the public at large, this tragic death highlights that some groups are at greater risk and should take up the offer of vaccination."
I feel obliged to mention that, in the UK, the age of consent is 16 and pregnant 17-year-olds are not generally considered grounds for moral panic or indignation.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

clybourn

Post by clybourn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Got the Swine flu, Flu Mist, vac today. It turns out Swine flu doesn't smell like bacon. So far so good, don't feel strange or stranger or anything. Got the regular seasonal, too.

Didn't seem like the H1N1 sniff was too popular with the co-workers but I was only there for about 20 mins.

Heartless51
Favorite Zombie Movies: The first 100 days

Post by Heartless51 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Sorry sleep I'm a pessimist.

Sticking needles up someones nose and "piercing some tissue" sets off my "CIA mind probe" tin foil hat detector.

After taking the time to read your later post you sound legit to me. (not that it should matter)

sleep

Post by sleep » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Heartless np-- my post was not meant to dissuade anyone from getting tested. I just panicked, and typed up the story soon as I got off the phone with my brother who's probably.. what's the phrase.. hamming it up?

Still no word on the test results, but either way he seems to be doing a lot better.

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Word on the NHS street is that the swine and seasonal vaccines CAN be given together: there's no need for a wait between them.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 am

The BBC is reporting delivery delays for the US vaccines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8311891.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
US swine flu vaccines 'delayed'

US officials have warned of delays in the delivery of swine flu vaccines just as deaths from the H1N1 virus climb above epidemic level in some states. Only 28-30 million doses would be available by the end of the month, said Anne Schuchat of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). That was down from an earlier estimate of 40 million.

Swine flu has had an especially strong impact on children, 86 of whom have died this year. The number of children who have died so far this year from the H1N1 virus was greater than the number that normally die in an entire flu season, Ms Schuchat said. Forty-three children are reported to have died from flu since 30 August, with 38 of those confirmed to have been caused by the H1N1 virus. Half of those deaths were in children aged between 12 and 17.

"These are very sobering statistics," Ms Schuchat said. "Some of these children have been totally healthy."

Ms Schuchat said swine flu activity was widespread in 41 states, and deaths had reached the epidemic threshold in some states and cities.

"Influenza is widespread in the country and illnesses, hospitalisations and deaths continue to increase," she said. "It's unprecedented for this time of year to have the whole country seeing such high levels of activity."

Testing the vaccines for strength and purity was cited as one reason for a delay in their delivery.

"We are not cutting any corners in the safety of the production of this vaccine or the testing and oversight of the vaccine," Ms Schuchat said.

Some 11.4 million vaccines have so far been made available in the US.

At a meeting on swine flu in Washington, officials from the World Health Organisation said the H1N1 strain was killing unusually quickly.

"In severe cases, patients generally begin to deteriorate around three to five days after symptom onset," said the WHO's Nikki Shindo. "Deterioration is rapid, with many patients progressing to respiratory failure within 24 hours, requiring immediate admission to an intensive care unit."
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

wanderingwaldo

Post by wanderingwaldo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:18 am

andygates wrote:Word on the NHS street is that the swine and seasonal vaccines CAN be given together: there's no need for a wait between them.
http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/Mos ... ercury.asp

Using the standards set for methyl mercury consumption - the kind that's in fish - an average 130-pound person getting the flu shot would exceed the daily limit by more than four times. A 22-pound baby would get more than 25 times the amount of mercury considered safe. And doctors are recommending that many babies and children get two flu shots this season.
A material safety data sheet from Eli Lilly and Co., which no longer makes a flu vaccine, says effects of exposure to thimerosal may include "fetal changes, decreased offspring survival and lung tissue changes. . . .

Now you just went and doubled that - perfectly safe. :roll:

http://www.naturalnews.com/011764.html

Eli Lilly and Co. supposedly answered this question [on safety] for us back in 1930. Concluding thimerosal to be of "a very low order of toxicity . . . for man," the company hired its own doctors to perform thimerosal experiments in Indianapolis City Hospital on meningitis patients during a severe outbreak in 1929. This 60-year-old evidence was still quoted on the company's brochures as recently as 1990. Andrew Waters, who is involved in a lawsuit against Eli Lilly, claims that most critical studies on the toxicity of thimerosal were suppressed by the company until now.

In 1977, a Russian study found that adults exposed to ethylmercury, the form of mercury in thimerosal, suffered brain damage years later. Studies on thimerosal poisoning also describe tubular necrosis and nervous system injury, including obtundation, coma and death. As a result of these findings, Russia banned thimerosal from children's vaccines in 1980. Denmark, Austria, Japan, Great Britain and all the Scandinavian countries have also banned the preservative.
Mere placation of the ordinary prevents one from becoming extra-ordinary.

The world is an onion made of spiderwebs.

"I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."
-Duke Leto Atredies

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

wanderingwaldo wrote:
andygates wrote:Word on the NHS street is that the swine and seasonal vaccines CAN be given together: there's no need for a wait between them.
Using the standards set for methyl mercury consumption - the kind that's in fish - an average 130-pound person getting the flu shot would exceed the daily limit by more than four times.
Or, put another way, you could get a flu shot every four days in perpetuity without exceeding the recognised safe methyl mercury intake, if flu shots actually contained methyl mercury.

And of course flu shots don't contain methyl mercury. They contain a ethyl mercuric chloride, which is metabolised to ethyl mercury.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylmercury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wikipedia wrote:Unlike methylmercury, ethylmercury has not been found to bioaccumulate. The toxicity of ethylmercury is not well studied, but exposure standards based on methylmercury (such as those currently recommended by the United States Environmental Protection Agency‎) are not demonstrated to be equivalent for ethylmercury.[
See also the Wikipedia source material:
http://www.ehponline.org/press/042105.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

wanderingwaldo

Post by wanderingwaldo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Methylmercury vs. Ethylmercury, did not catch that - fair enough. I still don't think that Thimerosal compounds are safe.

http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/07113 ... Paper1.pdf

In 1935, some of the first serious safety concerns were raised regarding Thimerosal. Specifically,
researchers reported a “reaction in about 50% of the dogs injected with serum containing dilutions
of Merthiolate, varying in 1 in 40000 to 1 in 5000, and we have demonstrated conclusively that
there is no connection between the lot of serum and the reaction. In other words, Merthiolate is
unsatisfactory as a preservative for serum intended for use on dogs.” They also noted, regarding the
reactions observed in dogs following administration of Thimerosal-containing serums, that “in some
instances, the reaction is extremely severe.” It was concluded, “I might say that we have tested Merthiolate
on humans and find that it gives a more marked . . . reaction than does phenol or tricresol”
(Subcommittee on Human Rights and Wellness, p. 34–35). Additionally, Salle and Lazarus (1935)
determined that Thimerosal was 35.3 times more toxic for embryonic cells than for the bacterial
cells that Thimerosal was supposed to kill.

Kinsella (1941) described a cases series of 13 patients with bacterial endocarditis that received
Thimerosal treatment. It was observed that all patients receiving the Thimerosal treatment died, and
that following autopsy, some of the patients were determined to have died of mercury poisoning
from the Thimerosal treatment.
For example, one report recorded, “Female, aged 23. Onset: Sore
throat treated with sulfanilamide. Later fever and pain the left chest. Examination: Systolic murmur
second i.c.s left. Blood cultures: Non-hemolytic strep. 37 times 50 colonies per c.c. Clinical
Diagnosis: Subacute bacterial endocarditis pulmonic valve (congenital). Treatment: Merthiolate.
Autopsy: Healing pulmonary endarteritis—mercury poisoning” (p. 985). In light of determination
that the treatment with Thimerosal produced mercury poisoning in humans, the suggestion was
made to significantly limit Thimerosal exposure in humans due to its toxicity and potential hazards.

Finally, it should be noted, with respect to the toxicity experiments undertaken by Engley (1956),
that he determined Thimerosal was significantly toxic to human tissue culture cells at a
concentration of 10 ppb.

There's a lot more information about the toxicity of Thimerosal in the above paper, but it was waay to much to post.

The German Elite and Army seem to agree:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate

From the crappy Babelfish Translation:
A few days ago the army had announced that it has ordered for its soldiers a vaccine without additives.

Chancellor and Ministers are to be protected after Spiegel sources with special vaccine against pig flu. An official of Ministries and subordinate authorities likewise. The Vakzin does not contain disputed additives - contrary to the vaccine for the remainder of the population.

"I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."
-Duke Leto Atredies

Ovationman

Post by Ovationman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 pm

While it may have shown toxicity in limited animal studies, this is not a definite link to harm in human subjects.

There is not know risk from this vaccine. There is no credible reason to think that there will be in the future. H1N1 is killing people every day and continues to escalate. The risk benefit ratio at this point falls firmly in favor of a vaccine.

wanderingwaldo

Post by wanderingwaldo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 am

Ovationman wrote:While it may have shown toxicity in limited animal studies, this is not a definite link to harm in human subjects.

There is not know risk from this vaccine. There is no credible reason to think that there will be in the future. H1N1 is killing people every day and continues to escalate. The risk benefit ratio at this point falls firmly in favor of a vaccine.
Lemme guess, you got that from the CDC, but they know better as per below.

http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/07113 ... Paper1.pdf
RISK:
Stetler et al. (1985) from the U.S. CDC also evaluated the use of Thimerosal as a preservative in
vaccines and found it to be unsatisfactory. The authors reported that Thimerosal was ineffective as a
vaccine preservative, and that giving more mercury than was present in a single Thimerosal-containing
vaccine might pose a health hazard to vaccine recipients.
Evaluating the effectiveness of Thimerosal
as a preservative in vaccines, the authors stated: “Laboratory experiments in this investigation have
shown up to 2 weeks’ survival of at least one strain of group A Streptococcus in multidose DTP
(Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis) vials. The manufacturer’s preservative effectiveness tests showed that
at 4°C, 4.5% of the challenge Streptococcus survived 14 d after inoculation into a multi-dose DTP
vaccine vial. At currently used concentrations, Thimerosal is not an ideal preservative” (p. 302–303).
The authors also made specific reference to the toxicity of Thimerosal: “However, because Thimerosal
is an organic mercurial compound, higher concentrations might reduce vaccine potency or
pose a health hazard to recipients” (p. 303). Their recommendations regarding the use of multidose
vials with a Thimerosal preservative were as follows: “The Thimerosal preservative present in
DTP vaccine requires substantial time to kill organisms and cannot be relied upon to prevent transmission
of bacteria under conditions of practice when a vial is used over a short period. Instead, the
most important means of preventing abscesses secondary to DTP vaccination is to prevent contamination
by careful attention to sterile technique” (p. 303).
Furthermore, Cox and Forsyth (1988) recommended, “However, severe reactions to thiomersal
demonstrate a need for vaccines with an alternative preservative” (p. 229).

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200911/brownlee-h1n1
BENEFIT:
The history of flu vaccination suggests other reasons to doubt claims that it dramatically reduces mortality. In 2004, for example, vaccine production fell behind, causing a 40 percent drop in immunization rates. Yet mortality did not rise. In addition, vaccine “mismatches” occurred in 1968 and 1997: in both years, the vaccine that had been produced in the summer protected against one set of viruses, but come winter, a different set was circulating. In effect, nobody was vaccinated. Yet death rates from all causes, including flu and the various illnesses it can exacerbate, did not budge.

-Duke Leto Atredies

String

Post by String » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:27 am

wanderingwaldo,
Your info really belongs in another thread, please start one. Maybe you could get one going that covers all vaccinations, not just Flu, Thanks.
String

Ellie With An Axe

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Maybe the debate about vaccines and possible side effects, contents, and conspiracies could go in another thread so we don't keep derailing this one? Just a thought.

andygates

Post by andygates » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:59 pm

+1 to that. This is the (awesomely comprehensive) news thread, and it's scannability and timeliness are compromised by the merry-go-round of debate.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

andygates

Post by andygates » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:39 pm

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=2147#more-2147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seasonal flu vaccine appears to offer limited protection against swine flu
” these results are to be considered cautiously and in no way indicate that seasonal vaccine should replace vaccination against pandemic influenza A/H1N1 . Our data support the hypothesis that partial protection provided by the seasonal vaccine may be explained by the boosting of existing antibodies that were elicited by previous exposure, through either infection or vaccination, to an influenza A/H1N1 virus genetically and antigenically more closely related to the novel influenza virus than contemporary seasonal H1N1 strain.”

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I want debate about the efficaciousness or dangers of the H1N1 vaccine taken to this thread:
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Sized for emphasis.)

Let's keep the present thread uncluttered by tangential discussions of controversial subjects. WanderingWaldo, this is directed particularly at you, but it is also intended to be a blanket statement.
Mostly not here anymore.

Y.T.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Post by Y.T. » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm

dogbane, I think that's a helpful path. Keep news about the virus itself here, have a separate thread for discussion of the vaccine. That allows readers to pop onto here for articles they may have missed, then go to other threads for more specific issues.
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:54 am

I got sent this. Thought it might be of interest to some.Pennsylvania House Bill 492

http://swineflu.baywords.com/pennsyl...ccination-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PennsylvaniaSource: Swine Flu Shot Safety Program

State governments continue promoting emergency powers legislation, even while insisting these unconstitutional powers will never be used. Here are a few excerpts from Pennsylvania House Bill 492, the “Emergency Health Powers Act” [PDF]:

Section 2523-D. Effect of declaration.
(B) Emergency powers of Governor.–During a state of public
Health emergency, the Governor may:
(4) Mobilize all or any part of the Pennsylvania
National Guard into service of the Commonwealth. An order
Directing the Pennsylvania National Guard to report for
Active duty shall state the purpose for which it is mobilized
And the objectives to be accomplished.

Section 2532-D. Access to and control of facilities and
Property.
The public health authority may exercise, for such period as
The state of public health emergency exists, the following
Powers concerning facilities, materials, roads or public areas:
(3) To control, restrict and regulate by rationing and
Using quotas, prohibitions on shipments, price fixing,
Allocation or other means, the use, sale, dispensing,
Distribution or transportation of food, fuel, clothing and
Other commodities, alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives
And combustibles, as may be reasonable and necessary for
Emergency response.
(5) To control ingress and egress to and from any
Stricken or threatened public area, the movement of persons
Within the area and the occupancy of premises therein, if
Such action is reasonable and necessary for emergency
Response.

Section 2542-D. Mandatory medical examinations.
(a) Powers of public health authority.–The public health
Authority may exercise, for such period as the state of public
Health emergency exists, the following emergency powers over
Persons:
(1) To compel a person to submit to a physical
Examination or testing, or both, as necessary to diagnose or
Treat the person subject to the following:
(I) The medical examination or testing may be
Performed by any qualified person authorized by the
Public health authority.
(ii) The medical examination or testing may not be
Reasonably likely to result in serious harm to the
Affected individual.
(iii) The medical examination or testing shall be
Performed immediately upon the order of the public health
Authority without resort to judicial or quasi-judicial
Authority.
(iv) If the public health authority is uncertain
Whether a person who refuses to undergo medical
Examination or testing may have been exposed to an
Infectious disease or otherwise poses a danger to public
Health, the public health authority may subject the
Individual to isolation or quarantine as provided in this
Article.
(2) To require any physician or other health care
Provider to perform the medical examination or testing, or
Both.
(B) Enforcement.–An order of the public health authority
Given to effectuate the purposes of this section shall be
Immediately enforceable by any law enforcement officer.
(c) Penalty.–A person who refuses to submit or perform a
Medical examination or test under this section commits a
Misdemeanor of the third degree.

Section 2544-D. Vaccination and treatment.
(a) Powers of public health authority.–The public health
Authority may, for such period as the state of public health
Emergency exists, compel a person to be vaccinated or treated,
Or both, for an infectious disease subject to the following
Provisions:
(1) Vaccination may be performed by any qualified person
Authorized by the public health authority.
(2) A vaccine may not be given if the public health
Authority has reason to know that a particular individual is
Likely to suffer serious harm from the vaccination.
(3) Treatment may be performed by any qualified person
Authorized by the public health authority.
(4) Treatment must not be such as is reasonably likely
To lead to serious harm to the affected individual.
(B) Refusal.–If, by reason of refusal of vaccination or
Treatment, the person poses a danger to the public health, the
Person may be isolated or quarantined pursuant to the provisions
Of this article.
(c) Enforcement.–An order of the public health authority
Given to effectuate the purposes of this section shall be
Immediately enforceable by any peace officer.
(d) Penalty.–A person who fails to comply with this section
Commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Section 2572-D. Enforcement.
(a) General rule.–The public health authority shall have
The power to enforce the provisions of this article through the
Imposition of fines and penalties, the issuance of orders and
Such other remedies as are provided by law.

Section 2574-D. Liability.
(a) State immunity.–Neither the Commonwealth, its political
Subdivisions, nor, except in cases of gross negligence or
Willful misconduct, the Governor, the public health authority or
Any other State official referenced in this article shall be
liable for the death of or any injury to persons or damage to
property as a result of complying with or attempting to comply
with this article or any rule or regulations promulgated
pursuant to this article.
(b) Private liability.–
(3) During a state of public health emergency, no
private person, firm or corporation and employees and agents
of such person, firm or corporation who renders assistance or
advice at the request of the Commonwealth or its political
subdivisions under the provisions of this article shall be
civilly liable for causing the death of or injury to any
person or damage to any property except in the event of gross
negligence or willful misconduct.

For our purposes here, the most important clause in this Act is as follows:

A vaccine may not be given if the public health
authority has reason to know that a particular individual is
likely to suffer serious harm from the vaccination.

Unfortunately, the CDC has already declared–contrary to evidence from 1976 onwards–that individuals are unlikely to suffer serious harm from vaccination!

And if you do suffer harm–as thousands of others have over the years–the state and its contractors accept no responsibility
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

CaptBrainFreeze
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake) Hide and Creep
Night of the Living Dead (original)

Post by CaptBrainFreeze » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:18 am

Nurses may strike over swine flu prep
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/ci_13599925?source=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Perfect Storm: Wrong Thermometry And Wrong Temperature Can Cause Social And Economic Turmoil During A Flu Pandemic
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/167882.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USDA Confirms H1N1 In Minnesota Pigs
http://yankton.net/articles/2009/10/20/ ... 232397.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mom: 'I had no idea my son needs two Swine Flu vaccines'
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/64859232.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice dose of irony here. If ya gonna get it, your gonna get it.
U.S. Rep. Melissa Bean cancels swine flu talk after family's brush with the illness
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 7573.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt BrainFreeze
DrthTater wrote:
CaptBrainFreeze wrote:That's it....no more clicking on Zombie Squad member youtube links.
Did you miss the dinosaur porn thread?
squinty wrote:I'm not sure how many licks it takes to get high off fake rice, though. The world may never know.

Murph

Post by Murph » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:26 am

Email I just got, which doesn't surprise me in the least:

Subject: Fairfax MRC: Change in Dispensing Plans Due to Limited Vaccine Inventory
On the evening of October 16, the Fairfax County Health Department was informed about 2009 H1N1 vaccine production delays, which has impacted the entire nation and resulted in uneven availability. As a result, the Health Department has had to adjust mass vaccination plans to match the limited supply of vaccine currently available, which is significantly less than anticipated.

The Health Department currently does not have enough vaccine available for the vaccination effort we planned to hold in the ten schools on October 24 and 25. Instead, the amount of vaccine currently available will be distributed to children (age range to be defined later this week) and pregnant women on Saturday, October 24 at the Fairfax County Government Center, located at 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035 .

In the coming weeks, more vaccine is expected to be delivered to health care providers, hospitals, and local health departments. We remain committed to vaccinating target populations as quickly as vaccine becomes available. Depending on the quantities of vaccine available each week, vaccine will be distributed through the Health Department's district offices or mass vaccination clinics. We will continue to post updated information about the availability and distribution of 2009 H1N1 vaccine on the county's website at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

In an effort to make this new information widely available to the public, we will hold a news conference October 20 to announce specific details of the October 24 clinic at the Government Center. Thank you for your commitment to the MRC and for your patience and flexibility as we adjust our plans.

Sincerely,
Gloria Addo-Ayensu, MD, MPH
Director of Health
This is a message from the Fairfax Medical Reserve Corps Alert Network.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

String

Post by String » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am

Same here in Denver.

Colorado Receives Fewer Than Anticipated H1N1 Vaccine Doses This Week
DENVER—State health officials today reported the amount of H1N1 vaccine received this week, 50,000 doses, is well below the 183,300 doses that were expected. They advised local health departments and hospitals to continue to provide available vaccine to health care workers who provide direct patient care and to other high-risk groups as vaccine supplies in individual locations allow.

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/release/2009/101509.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CaptBrainFreeze
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake) Hide and Creep
Night of the Living Dead (original)

Post by CaptBrainFreeze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:01 am

The problem with most states getting less than "anticipated" vaccine doses is that when they ordered 15 million (number as an example), they actually thought they would get the whole 15 in one whack.
Capt BrainFreeze
DrthTater wrote:
CaptBrainFreeze wrote:That's it....no more clicking on Zombie Squad member youtube links.
Did you miss the dinosaur porn thread?
squinty wrote:I'm not sure how many licks it takes to get high off fake rice, though. The world may never know.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”