North Korea Saber Rattling

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Dabster
* * * *
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Dabster » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 pm

That is a scary missile. I guess the surprise is that is has a longer range than we realized. The scary yet impressive bit is that it skims the atmosphere to both avoid radar and to make it's trajectory unpredictable.

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/11545 ... 81888?s=20

:shock: :gonk: :shock: :gonk:
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

absinthe beginner
* * * * *
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 pm

North Korea fires two projectiles into sea off eastern coast

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/ ... 47706.html

absinthe beginner
* * * * *
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:46 am

North Korea tests new ‘super-large’ rocket launcher

https://apnews.com/aea805efb3f842c38680b523018263bb

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 pm


absinthe beginner
* * * * *
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by absinthe beginner » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:17 pm


absinthe beginner
* * * * *
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:50 am

North Korea Fires Two Projectiles Towards Japan, Official Reports Say

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... eports-say

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14247
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 pm

absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:50 am
North Korea Fires Two Projectiles Towards Japan, Official Reports Say

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... eports-say
I did too, earlier today. They fell about 15,000 miles short but maybe next time.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by flybynight » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 pm
absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:50 am
North Korea Fires Two Projectiles Towards Japan, Official Reports Say

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... eports-say
I did too, earlier today. They fell about 15,000 miles short but maybe next time.
It's a good thing they didn't fire those two missiles the opposite way or we might have all been part of a rapidly rising cloud of radioactive dust.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

absinthe beginner
* * * * *
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Colorado

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by absinthe beginner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:39 pm

North Korea warns Japan's Abe may soon see real ballistic missile launch

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKBN1Y32GB

North Korea threatens to send a 'real ballistic missile' to Japan and calls Shinzo Abe 'the most stupid man in history

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssile.html

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 pm



User avatar
raptor2
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:48 pm

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by raptor2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 pm

I saw that and I am not sure if Kim is dead and on ice already with the PTB scrambling for position or if this is just another red herring.

Whatever he has you know it cannot be the virus; they have a cure...a simple and rapid injection of a copper jacked lead pill.
Duco Ergo Sum


raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14247
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Stercutus » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:59 pm

With the disruption of the world food supply chain they will likely be eating babies again this year.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm

The NY Post is reporting that Kim Jong Un is dead.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by woodsghost » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm
The NY Post is reporting that Kim Jong Un is dead.
One can only hope. My wife said some Japanese media are reporting he is in a coma of some sort.

We will see how this pans out. Hopefully whatever comes next is kinder to the Korean people.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7299
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm
The NY Post is reporting that Kim Jong Un is dead.
One can only hope. My wife said some Japanese media are reporting he is in a coma of some sort.

We will see how this pans out. Hopefully whatever comes next is kinder to the Korean people.
From what I've heard, Kim's sister might be next in line for the family business. And apparently she's a lot worse than he is or was.

Either way, I'd say the North Korean people are probably screwed no matter who's in charge.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:48 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm
The NY Post is reporting that Kim Jong Un is dead.
One can only hope. My wife said some Japanese media are reporting he is in a coma of some sort.

We will see how this pans out. Hopefully whatever comes next is kinder to the Korean people.
From what I've heard, Kim's sister might be next in line for the family business. And apparently she's a lot worse than he is or was.

Either way, I'd say the North Korean people are probably screwed no matter who's in charge.
Unless it's Dennis Rodman acting for Kim's 10-year-old son until he's old enough to act himself... :crazy:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7299
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:14 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:48 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm
The NY Post is reporting that Kim Jong Un is dead.
One can only hope. My wife said some Japanese media are reporting he is in a coma of some sort.

We will see how this pans out. Hopefully whatever comes next is kinder to the Korean people.
From what I've heard, Kim's sister might be next in line for the family business. And apparently she's a lot worse than he is or was.

Either way, I'd say the North Korean people are probably screwed no matter who's in charge.
Unless it's Dennis Rodman acting for Kim's 10-year-old son until he's old enough to act himself... :crazy:
As much as I dislike North Korea, I'm not sure even they'd deserve Dennis Rodman as their leader. I think there's something in the Geneva Convention about that.

I think it's under the article that reads "No way in Hell should Dennis Rodman be in charge of anything. Not even North Korea. Even they don't deserve that." :gonk:

User avatar
Apollo-11
* * * * *
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 am
Location: NW

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Apollo-11 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm

At this point in time, they have had plenty of chances to refute the rumors. The rumors say KJU is either in a persistent vegetative state or dead. One unverified statement says that he was spotted on a beach. Could be a body double, or just astroturfing.

Since the NK government hasn't made an effort to oppose these rumors, they may very well be true. He missed his grandfather's birthday celebration and hasn't been seen in public for a very long time.

Extremely small possibility: He's in an airtight bunker waiting for the coronavirus scare to blow over.

His sister's ascension to power may be shaky. Kim Yo-jong would act as regent until his male heir apparent reaches an age where he could take power and hold it. Unfortunately both of these look shaky. The military has to follow the leader. NK does not have respect for female leaders even though Kim Yo-jong has a reputation for being ruthless. And, going back to the point above, KJU's eldest male child would need to wrest power from her once he is of age. Kim Yo-jong would have had years to build up power and entrench herself, and may not want to relinquish it.

Time will tell.
Image

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:21 pm


User avatar
Apollo-11
* * * * *
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 am
Location: NW

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by Apollo-11 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:47 am

KJU, or a body double, has reappeared in public for a photo op.

I heard earlier in the day that they were using old photos from a previous event. Cannot confirm.
Image

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by MPMalloy » Sun May 03, 2020 6:45 pm


MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: North Korea Saber Rattling

Post by MPMalloy » Thu May 28, 2020 3:05 pm



Post Reply

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”